The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dissect Andy's game."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-13, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dissect Andy's game."
What did he do right?

What did he do wrong?

For 95% of his time in the house, what did he do?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dissect Andy's game. newsomewayne 09-19-13 1
 RE: Dissect Andy's game. newsomewayne 09-19-13 2
   RE: Dissect Andy's game. samboohoo 09-19-13 4
       RE: Dissect Andy's game. Snidget 09-19-13 5
 RE: Dissect Andy's game. kingfish 09-19-13 3
 RE: Dissect Andy's game. Aruba 09-19-13 6
   RE: Dissect Andy's game. Round Robin 09-20-13 7
       RE: Dissect Andy's game. Aruba 09-20-13 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

newsomewayne 9076 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-13, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dissect Andy's game."
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-13 AT 08:18 AM (EST)

For 95% of his time in the house, what did he do?

Apparently, he held things.

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

newsomewayne 9076 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-13, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dissect Andy's game."
I think Andy did a lot of things right. And the best thing he did was own it all during his jury questioning. He didn't deflect or hide. He didn't blame others or say he had to do things because of how the house felt. He admitted he lied and backstabbed. And he gave it a just purpose - to cover his own butt.

I don't think of him as a floater. If he had just been a swing vote to help others when they needed him, he would be a floater. But he was an integral part of every alliance he was involved in. Multiple alliances doesn't make you a floater. That makes you a player. And like having 3 girlfriends at one time, the real trick is not getting caught.

His infiltration into all conversations was crucial to the the Goof Troop mid-season dominance.

His regaining Judd's trust when Judd came back was huge in his remaining off the radar of others, including Judd.

And at the right time, he completely played McCranda out of the house. Without his ability to fool them over the course of 3 weeks, his game would have been shot.

samboohoo 17088 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-13, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dissect Andy's game."
Ditto.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Snidget 43961 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-13, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dissect Andy's game."
See above.

What is that saying about once you know how to fake sincerity...

The main thing was he knew what he needed to say/do for people to think he was on their side and was staying on their side even as he was selling them out to someone else.

I do think owning it may have gained him some votes in the end, probably was going to win anyway, but I think owning up to it, and being up against someone that wasn't very articulate about why she did what she did may have made it more of a landslide than it would have otherwise been.

kingfish 16183 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-13, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dissect Andy's game."
I think Andy was just a good con man. And smart.

He had the acting chops to convince whoever he was talking to that he was speaking undeceptively and sincerely. He was also pretty smart in anticipating possible events and outcomes, and putting in what safeguards he could to protect himself.

Aruba 1899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-19-13, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dissect Andy's game."
It's quite easy to dissect Andy's game...pre-midseason/post-midseason.

Pre-midseason (much to his chagrin) Andy was your quintessential floater. Yes, Zigbot's appearance is for comic relief, but its "zigs" are based on facts and Andy would not be referred to as a "floater" if there was no truth to it. But it kept him out of harm's way until he needed to align.

Post-midseason his turning point in the game was the 3AM alliance. His association with Amanda/McCrea when they were the power duo kept him safe. And much to his credit, he picked the opportune time to cut ties with 3AM and latch onto the Exterminators who ran the show at the end.

The only thing he "did wrong" was putting himself in a position to potential fall victim to the "Enzo Syndrome." That's when no one wants to sit next to you in the F2 because of your reputation for playing a good social game.

What he "did right" was controlling his own destiny. He came up BIG in the F4 by winning BOTH the HOH and POV. If McCrea wins HOH and Andy does not win POV, he easily becomes the 8th member of the Jury. And of course winning the final three-part competition all but guaranteed him victory.

Owning up to your deception and back-stabbing works if you are not dealing with a bitter sore-losing disgruntled Jury. This season the only juror out of the nine I would say casted a "bitter" vote was Candace. So safe to say, it worked out for Andy.

I believe Dan did just a good job owning up to his deception and backstabbing as Andy did this season; yet Dan got smoked 8-1. Difference was last season's Jury was more bitter and Ian was a more likable HG than GinaMarie.

Round Robin 2247 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-20-13, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dissect Andy's game."
Ian's win was 6-1, not 8-1. This was the first year of the 9 member jury.

Aruba 1899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-20-13, 06:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dissect Andy's game."
Right you are...thanks for the correction. I knew Dan only got one vote.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •