The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The MVP: our first stupid twist of the new season."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-27-13, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The MVP: our first stupid twist of the new season."
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-13 AT 08:51 AM (EST)

Let's break down the fail.

1. How, exactly, does this discourage floating? The first big lie here is that America would vote for the most active and strategic player. This is like waiting for Idol votes to pick the best singer: does. not. happen. America will vote based on other factors (although sadly, the Worsters as an organized group are retired) and #1 is going to be 'who do I want to sleep with?' Floaters grab a bikini.

2. Doubling up. Can the HoH get MVP? We don't know. Obviously the HoH can't be nominated... we hope...

3. The MVP doesn't eliminate floaters so much as it can try to break alliances. The HoH is protecting his buddies and the rest of the cage is sick of the lot? Put one of them up. But the MVP can land anywhere.

4. Can you be an MVP if you're on the block yourself? Well, for this cycle, it's at least possible by accident: the voters haven't seen who's going up yet. For future cycles... maybe. Would you rather have the power to take yourself off or throw another candidate up?

5. What does this do to the Veto pool? I will not complain about the timing of the third nominee: at least this way that hamster gets a shot at removing themselves from the block as per normal. But are we still at six players: three nominees, HoH, two draws? Seven? Eight? Whole cage?

6. And as always: how long until the whole twist gets revoked?

Answer to that last: the instant Elissa's at risk. Bring in Pandora!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The MVP: our first stupid twis... Round Robin 06-27-13 1
 RE: The MVP: our first stupid twis... Snidget 06-27-13 2
   RE: The MVP: our first stupid twis... tribephyl 06-27-13 5
       RE: The MVP: our first stupid twis... Snidget 06-27-13 6
           RE: The MVP: our first stupid twis... tribephyl 06-27-13 7
 A little more information. Estee 06-27-13 3
 RE: The MVP: our first stupid twis... suzzee 06-27-13 4
 Minor live feeds detail. Estee 06-28-13 8
 RE: The MVP: our first stupid twis... finallytyping 07-01-13 9
   RE: The MVP: our first stupid twis... Aruba 07-18-13 12
 More answers emerge. Estee 07-12-13 10
   RE: More answers emerge. kingfish 07-12-13 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-27-13, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The MVP: our first stupid twist of the new season."
The only way this really discourages floaters is that if somebody wants to be the MVP for a reason, whether it's to screw with the HOH or to nominate a specific hamster or whatever, that person would not float. They didn't say the HOH couldn't be MVP, and I can see the other hamsters thinking the HOH is also the MVP if the person put up a third member of the same alliance as the HOH's noms. I'm guessing the veto comps will have 8 players, the HOH, all the nominees, and 1 draw for each of them. As for when they kill the MVP twist and the third nominee, I suspect they will kill them concurrent with or just prior to the formation of the jury beginning.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-13, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The MVP: our first stupid twist of the new season."
Relying on America to vote the way they complain about is a lost cause.

America hates floaters, therefore...floater made MVP in three..two..one as long as they are cute for a rather odd value of cute, or pray the right way to the right version of deity, etc.

I think they only thing America hates more than floaters is people really playing hard and in a position to take out their designated future imaginary spouse.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-13, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The MVP: our first stupid twist of the new season."
America hates floaters.
I have to disagree.
Not just because I don't hate floaters. I've never felt that my visions of events coincided with "America's" vote on anything. So I'm NEVER surprised when it doesn't turn out the way I would have done it.
However, if taking the sheer amount of "America's" vote options and the kind of winners they produce, it is abundantly clear they vote on personality alone. What personality quirks speak louder than others I won't debate now but the first incarnation of BB had America voting off all of the plotters and players and left the remaining houseguests either dumbing down their game or amping up their charm factor. Eddie didn't win because of good strategy or being a physical powerhouse or even being socially adept at keeping himself out of danger. He won because he came with a story that "America" approved of.
I stopped watching American Idol during season 2 because of the apparent "popularity" game it had become.
I'm saddened that SYTYCD has remained as such but at least Nigel says at least 3 times a season that this is not a contest to find the best dancer, it is a competition to find "America's Favorite Dancer".

IMHO, America's Vote can suck it.
But I certainly don't hate floaters.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-13, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The MVP: our first stupid twist of the new season."
I don't know why anyone thinks floaters are bad in the game other than some of the people who play too hard get really vocal about those that have anything approaching a subtle game.

But apparently all they hear is everyone hates the floaters, make a game without floaters.

I find it boring when the alliances are so entrenched no one dares to make a move of any kind.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-13, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The MVP: our first stupid twist of the new season."
Hallelujah!

Rachel has obviously been influencing the producers decisions this season. Hopefully, we will see it sink to the depths of BB popularity and producers will stop listening to the squeaky wheels of past players. Why does Rachel hate floaters so much? She won, despite there being 2 floaters sitting next to her at F3. She herself kinda floated for awhile after Brendon got evicted. Whatever on the floater hate.

Good to hear you are one of the minority as well.

06-27-13, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "A little more information."
I can safely bring this over from the live feeds the hamsters have been told that the same player can have MVP in consecutive weeks.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-27-13, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The MVP: our first stupid twist of the new season."
1. The only way to discourage floating is to tie a cement block onto the apparent floater and drop them in the pool. So far they all talk a big game but the reality is that they're all floaters.

2. I would think HOH could get MVP although it would be a good idea for them to give it to a hamster that wouldn't probably get voted out, getting rid of one of their nominees would lessen the retaliation factor.

3. I suspect the MVP is whomever production decides they want it to be, America's choice has nothing to do with ratings. Unless they give good soundbites.

4. Depends totally on a strong alliance backing said blockhead. If that alliance holds and the nominated MVP chooses the victim, they're essentially still controlling the eviction.

5. What a mess and I'm sure production will decide when and who gets MVP as to what the rules really are.

6. I don't think it will last past the first five evictions, by then the novelty wears off and if I'm guessing right the "MVP" however obnoxious, will be a repeat offender just so we have to endure them for a long long time.

oh-oh, out of meds again

06-28-13, 02:27 PM (EST)
8. "Minor live feeds detail."
According to the people who track them and listened to the hamsters' post-competition discussion, the POV player count as six.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-01-13, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The MVP: our first stupid twist of the new season."
If they are floaters, why do they need to grab a life vest? They're floating, not drowning!

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-18-13, 07:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The MVP: our first stupid twist of the new season."
You're right...floaters don't need a life vest this season.

Thanks largely to the MVP instead of "floaters grab a life vest" it should be "Anti-Darwin Syndrome victims sit on an anchor!"

07-12-13, 12:10 PM (EST)
10. "More answers emerge."
All right, so now we know that the MVP picks their own replacement nominee in the event of Veto escape and can keep their status quiet through that event as well. We might also be able to assume that Elissa will continue to hold MVP for as long as she remains in the cage: someone would need to get a major voting block drive going for another hamster to take it, and I'm afraid that would wind up as a Rally For Poor Little Misunderstood Aryan conducted by those who believe all the same things she does. We already know a lot of them can use computers: for details, see any commentary section on anything, anywhere.

Through two evictions, the usefulness remains debatable.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-13, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: More answers emerge."
I'm not sure I can take another "I'm so grateful" speech by Elissa. She really needs to work on that ahead of time.

Please don't try and tell me that she's a product of the US university system. I still don't believe that Rachael has a chemisty degree.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •