The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Psychoanalyze Ian"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-16-12, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Psychoanalyze Ian"
My theories:

1. He's playing the crazy Hamster in order to make sure he isn't a target.

2. He's socially awkward and doesn't realize how annoying he is.

3. He's suffering from Asperger's.

My money is on 3, not that it will make a difference with the HGs.

A Slice of Manga

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Psychoanalyze Ian Estee 07-16-12 1
   RE: Psychoanalyze Ian mrc 07-16-12 2
       RE: Psychoanalyze Ian kingfish 08-08-12 7
   RE: Psychoanalyze Ian michel 07-16-12 3
   RE: Psychoanalyze Ian Belle Book 07-16-12 4
 RE: Psychoanalyze Ian Estee 07-30-12 5
 RE: Psychoanalyze Ian kingfish 08-08-12 6
 Consider This...... CSHS79 08-08-12 8
   RE: Consider This...... Estee 08-08-12 9
 ADHD DearAbby 09-01-12 10
   RE: ADHD Belle Book 09-01-12 11
   RE: ADHD skye 09-06-12 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-12, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Psychoanalyze Ian"
I'll add a fourth option: superfan overwhelmed by actually being in the game with some of his personal heroes. It doesn't explain everything, but I think it heavily factors into his performance-to-date. (Explore every nook and cranny of the cage? Why not? Something's going to be hidden eventually.) But it doesn't account for his hanging around in the bathroom while the women are showering, which frankly creeps me the hell out. That little 'I am waiting for a towel to slip' near-yoga pose was not a comforting one.

Or we could go with #5: Ronnie, Second Edition: Now With Less Control Freak Tendencies. And more voyeurism.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-12, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Psychoanalyze Ian"
The constant movement tic is why I'm going with a form of Asperger's. I've had enough students with the syndrome that it seems like a good explanation. But it doesn't explain the streaking, which I can't see someone suffering from Asperger's doing.

A Slice of Manga

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-12, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Psychoanalyze Ian"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-12 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

It could still be a touch of Asperger's. The outward manifestations of Asperger's can vary widely, and he's obviously not into the deep stages of delusional and anti-social behavior. He could still have some sort of normal behavior mixed in with his Asperger-ness.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-12, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Psychoanalyze Ian"
option 4's the winner and you can add #5 on top of it.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-16-12, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Psychoanalyze Ian"
Ian's probably either socially awkward or has Asperger's IRL. But he's also a superfan and I think he's overwhelmed by actually being in the game with some of his personal heroes. There might also be hints of his being the second edition of Ronnie, with less control freak tendencies and being more of a voyeur. Or maybe his hanging around in the bathroom while the women are showering are due to his being socially awkward and not due to voyeuristic tendencies.

Incidentally, I have Asperger's. I've had it all my life.

07-30-12, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Psychoanalyze Ian"
According to Hamsterwatch, Ian was preseason-posting about the upcoming game (giving nothing away of his own hamster status) on SurvivorSucks under the name Flipbox. Seek out his posts at your own discretion -- but they seem to say a lot more about him than the editing has.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-12, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Psychoanalyze Ian"
The weird (IMO) thing is that either by accident or by design, he's practically bullet proof right now, and could easily get to F2. Anyone he would be on the block with would likely be evicted instead of him, and no one would object strongly to going to F2 with him. I think everyone would feel confident that they could win over the jury if he was the other choice.

I hope it's by design, a take off on the Dr. Will strategy of professing not to care, daring the others to vote him off.

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-08-12, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Consider This......"
Ian says he's a struggling college student and it's most likely true. However, has he mentioned his major? Psychology perhaps?Right now the houseguests could be the topic of his doctoral thesis in psychology. Now wouldn't that be something?
Think about it, so far his geeky behavior has gotten him set up on a date with a girl he considered hot. Plus in the coaches competition he was given $3000. I'm sure Jenn is okay with $1000 but I'm sure she could use $3000 just as much as Ian. But for some reason Boogie really likes Ian.
So wouldn't it be funny if after Ian wins Big Brother, we find out my theory is true???

08-08-12, 01:44 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Consider This......"
He claims to be an engineering student. The known records from his college appear to back him up.

DearAbby 2959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-01-12, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "ADHD"
According to OnlineBigBrother.com, Ian told Dan early this morning he has ADHD.

Dan asks Ian if he has Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Ian says he’s always likes to move he has ADHD. Ian adds that he doesn’t take any medication for it.. He just likes to move around alot like on the Hammock and the kitchen chair. Dan fires a zillion questions at him about his intelligence and ADHD. Dan asks him if anyone else in his family is hyper intelligent. Ian says no everyone is average.

Ian says that the indoor lockdown are hell because he cannot move around, he feels like there is something inside him that is rattling. Ian shares some stories about his need to move. Ian says his constant need to move is called “Stimming”. Ian says that Stimming and his memory/mental capacity are sometimes evidence of autism but he doesn’t have that he just has ADHD and likes to move around alot. He realized he was different when he was six. His parents realized it when he was 2 because by preschool he could read.

Spoiler alert: The link includes info (HOH, nominations, POV speculation) that hasn't yet aired on CBS. Don't click if you don't want to know!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-01-12, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: ADHD"
So Ian has ADHD. It must be very hard for him during lockdowns.

Incidentally, concerning Ian's being able to read by the time he was in preschool, that's not too far off me. When I was 3, I had to go to a Special Ed. school and went there until I was 8, when I had to transfer to another Special Ed. school -- this one named Vanguard. Anyway, while I was attending the first school, my parents noticed I could read when they came upon me looking at the Reader's Digest -- and they could tell that I wasn't just looking at the pictures. They tried to tell my teachers but the teachers didn't believe them -- until the teachers saw me reading. I was probably about 4. I could probably relate to Ian.

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-06-12, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ADHD"
The twitchiness and fidgetting is definitely associated with ADHD. My son does it all the time. Also familiar is the super-fast talking because their brains work more quickly than their mouths can speak.

A lot of people confuse ADHD with Asperger's/Autism but they are really seperate disorders although some people do have both.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •