The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"First Person Voted Out?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-13-12, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"First Person Voted Out?"
The black girl.

Quell the surprise.

What is it with this show? Rarely any people of color and they are often kicked out early.

Of course there are exceptions like Danielle from Season 3(?), who then did the opposite of redeeming herself by getting totally drunk in the all-stars edition.

I think the fact that she didn't look great in a swimsuit alos played a role in her early exit last night.

Your smile bothers me
Zipperhead is just sick. Dangerously sick. - molaholic

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Pick your favorite answer. Estee 07-13-12 1
 RE: First Person Voted Out? Aruba 07-15-12 2
   RE: First Person Voted Out? annielynne42 07-26-12 4
 RE: First Person Voted Out? Colonel Zoidberg 07-19-12 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-12, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Pick your favorite answer."
1. Grodner's casting minors America, or at least what she sees as the majority of her U.S. viewers: fundamentally racist, only attracted to the shallow, and ready to dispose of anyone the instant they pass thirty-nine.

(Sadly, this one's probably the closest to the truth. The casting ratios you see are dictated by the show runners, who have established quotas for every category. As long as Grodner's in charge, this is what we're going to get.)

2. It's actually The Bachelor: maximum of one non-Caucasian and they must always be gone by the end of Episode #1. The lone difference is that no one's sued the rats yet. The blatant scripting and unhappy endings for the winners? Identical.

3. Dan had the final decision. He's a fairly conservative individual who's always had the strongest cage relationships with other Caucasians and in his season, the other hue slots in the game were taken by Libra and Ollie. When Danielle (and note this came from the good Southern girl) said she was afraid Jodi was going to bring the drama, it may have set off a thousand bad memories.

4. Notice everyone left Jodi until the end? People do think physical for the early competitions and even though she has an intense exercise regimen, she doesn't have what other people think of as an athletic body. Without more chances to show off, the group perception hurt her early and kept going all the way out the door.

5. This -- is CBS!

Watch: we'll get a returning evictee contest for everyone except Jodi.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-15-12, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: First Person Voted Out?"
Yes Jodi was the only HG of color casted for this season. But if you look at all their bios you'll notice something else...she was the oldest HG casted this year.

This is my humble opinion for anyone quick with the trigger to fire the "race card."

In all my years of watching Reality TV, I have yet to see a player ousted from any game because of race, color, creed, religion, or sexual preference. But I can rattle off a TRUCKLOAD of examples when players were booted due to their older age. That's just the "reality" of Reality TV as we know it. Age stands as the greatest divide in Reality TV...there is no close second.

As for casting...

It is also my opinion that the casting of players for any reality game should mirror the ratio of those applying for the show.

In other words if 1 out of every 12 applicants are black, then one black gets casted for a season of 12 HGs. If two out of every 12 are homosexual, then by rights there should be 2 gay HGs casted. If 25% of all applicants are pick with purple polka dots, then guess what...when we're tuning in to watch the season premier we should be seeing four HGs out of 12 with pick color skin and purple freckles. Like I said, just my opinion.

On a sidenote, a friend of mine went to NY for an open casting call for BB. She said roughly 200 people showed up and by her observation easily 1/3 of everyone there had to be over 40. And even by her own admission that was a conservative guess. Now obviously we can't assume that one casting call was a perfect sample of the entire population of hampster wannabees...but still.

Now if the minority races want to scream "foul" that's their patriotic priviledge...but by all rights they need to go to the back of long line formed by the 40+ people petitioning equality for Reality Show TV.

annielynne42 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-26-12, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail annielynne42 Click to send private message to annielynne42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: First Person Voted Out?"
>Yes Jodi was the only HG
>of color casted for this
>season. But if you look
>at all their bios you'll
>notice something else...she was the
>oldest HG casted this year.
>
>
>This is my humble opinion for
>anyone quick with the trigger
>to fire the "race card."
>
>
>In all my years of watching
>Reality TV, I have yet
>to see a player ousted
>from any game because of
>race, color, creed, religion, or
>sexual preference. But I can
>rattle off a TRUCKLOAD of
>examples when players were booted
>due to their older age.
>That's just the "reality" of
>Reality TV as we know
>it. Age stands as the
>greatest divide in Reality TV...there
>is no close second.
>
>As for casting...
>
>It is also my opinion that
>the casting of players for
>any reality game should mirror
>the ratio of those applying
>for the show.
>
>In other words if 1 out
>of every 12 applicants are
>black, then one black gets
>casted for a season of
>12 HGs. If two out
>of every 12 are homosexual,
>then by rights there should
>be 2 gay HGs casted.
>If 25% of all applicants
>are pick with purple polka
>dots, then guess what...when we're
>tuning in to watch the
>season premier we should be
>seeing four HGs out of
>12 with pick color skin
>and purple freckles. Like I
>said, just my opinion.
>
>On a sidenote, a friend of
>mine went to NY for
>an open casting call for
>BB. She said roughly 200
>people showed up and by
>her observation easily 1/3 of
>everyone there had to be
>over 40. And even by
>her own admission that was
>a conservative guess. Now obviously
>we can't assume that one
>casting call was a
>perfect sample of the entire
>population of hampster wannabees...but still.
>
>
>Now if the minority races want
>to scream "foul" that's their
>patriotic priviledge...but by all rights
>they need to go to
>the back of long line
>formed by the 40+ people
>petitioning equality for Reality Show
>TV.

I agree with what you say here! The casting isn't fair in all respect! As for the "race' card, it's always played, & personally, I am tired of it! It's pure BS!

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-19-12, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: First Person Voted Out?"
I blame casting for the pasty-white cast this season...to blame Dan for getting rid of Jodi is to fail to understand that Jodi was Kalia 2.0, at least on all outward appearances, and possibly Libra, a better fit for Dan's season.

That said, casting sucks.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •