The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Coaching: the new Golden Key."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-27-12, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Coaching: the new Golden Key."
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-12 AT 05:54 PM (EST)

That was Michel's brilliant deduction on last night's ECST, and I'm in agreement with him all the way. We just walked in on a fully-scripted storyline and it took four eliminations before the writers revealed the plot.

First: the vote is a sham. Well, it serves a purpose -- it makes Endemol richer by at least one dollar for every idiot who thinks their opinion matters. Remember, the series is under no legal obligation to comply with FCC game show law: they don't have to show you their books and they won't. No matter how the vote comes out, the coaches will be shown an open door leading to the game. Hamsterwatch is encouraging people to either boycott or only vote 'No', but you can't boycott stupid. Money is being wasted and the voices of the public will be ignored in favor of a predetermined result. Consider it a warmup for November.

Second: back to Michel's deduction. He also noted that last year, the veterans were initially riding high -- and then Danielle Donato hit her own self-destruct button purely out of boredom, because the Golden Key gave her nothing else to do which she could find worthwhile and her father wasn't around to torture. Guess what? 'Coaching' gave this season's boomerangs something to do. They were even thrown their very own competition to make it seem as if they had some direct influence in the cage. No boredom here: you've got one to three hamsters to manage and having them ignore you is a full-time job.

Third: were we really stupid enough to think the show was going to hand out six hundred thousand?

Fourth: the boomerangs don't necessarily enter the game with built-in alliances -- we all know how things twist in the wind for this cage. But as Michel also noted last night, they got a huge advantage: they know how some of these people think. For their own teams, they've gotten a read on the strategies, loyalties, schemes, vulnerabilities, and rough IQs of the group. With everyone else, they've just been holding the ultimate immunity idol: let's watch the shifts, lies, and votes at no risk to ourselves while the mental notes just keep piling up.

Fifth: let's talk numbers. Should the former coaches align -- not impossible, especially since the newbies might take an instant 'Kill the veterans' stance once this twist is revealed -- they're at a good stage in the game to try and take control. We started with twelve pieces of fresh meat. At the time of concept destruction, five of those will be gone. One can't play for HoH. That gives the old guard four in ten shots of taking HoH and determining the next elimination. How do you like those odds -- especially given the way the rats can tilt the playing field?

Sixth: note that we've had no word on jury formation. JoJo should have been the first.

And seventh: this was a con. The entire purpose of the mentor twist was to get the returning players to the early stages of midgame at no risk, guaranteeing they'd reach the jury at a minimum (collecting their rumored increased weekly stipend and bonus appearance fee), with a decent shot at winning the whole thing. The WWE scriptwriter helped the staff knock the rookies out of the rumble, and now the popular kids climb each other's shoulders to reach the suitcase of cash.

Do they all enter at once? I think so. If it came to a personal choice, I feel Britney and Dan would decide they have nothing to lose: one shield left each and then they're gone anyway, so why not play? (And Dan's been itching to get in all along, to the point where he openly wondered if losing Danielle would put him in.) Malin has a lot of protection -- a chance of losing someone this week, but he's still pretty secure. But he has ego, and the thought of a game where he's not personally wrecking lives wouldn't sit well with him. Janelle should be in the best position to sit out -- but she's the competitor. And no matter what, this should ultimately become a forced decision. A scripted play. And was all along. Porsche was ordered to open her game-changing Pandora's Box and the former coaches will be ordered to become former coaches. So sayeth the next line of our televised no-fans fic.

I'm going to peek ahead and say the next HoH will be endurance.

I'm also about five seconds away from being finished with this @#$%.

"Whoever wrote this episode should die!"

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key. michel 07-27-12 1
 RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key. Aruba 07-27-12 2
   RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key. Estee 07-27-12 3
   RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key. michel 07-28-12 4
       RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key. Aruba 07-28-12 5
           RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key. michel 07-28-12 6
               RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key. Aruba 07-29-12 7
                   RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key. michel 07-29-12 8
                       RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key. Aruba 07-30-12 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-12, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key."
Thank you Estee. We are getting wise to production manipulation, aren't we?!

You hit it squarely wen you wrote:

"this was a con. The entire purpose of the mentor twist was to get the returning players to the early stages of midgame at no risk, guaranteeing they'd reach the jury at a minimum"

The worse is that the coach have gained the trust of their players but the players have no idea how the coaches will react. Frank had it all wrong in his HoH room talk with Julie when he said that he wanted to find people he could trust but it's people you trust that backstab you. The important thing in this game is to have people that trust you. The coaches have gained trust without having to give any away and that's huge.

Survivor never gave immunity to Stephenie, BJ, Rob, Russell, Coach or Ozzy yet all but 1 made the merge. As much as I'd prefer not having returning players at least Survivor's way is fairer.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-27-12, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key."
The solution is quite simple folks...

If all Reality Show viewers do what I do and refuse to watch any season with returning DAWS as players we wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense.

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-12, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key."
You'll never get all, but by the gawds, you're getting some. The ratings have been dropping every week. Whether it's the total cast, the coach twist, or just people getting sick of Not-Wrestling in a Not-House, a good percentage of the audience took one bite, choked, and sent the plate back.

Take eviction shows and premieres as the main event: the later because no one knows what happened and the former because the feedsters can't spoil live. Ratings can go up and down for the airings where some people already know the basics, but those other episodes are the anchors.

Premiere: 7.18m
First eviction: 6.27m
Second eviction: 6.28m in the first half-hour, but dropped to 5.71 for the second half.

Possibly not a sign of viewer love.

07-28-12, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key."
Aruba, you are the first to criticize casting for giving us stupid players so you should be less critical when they give us players that showed they know how to play. I know it changes the essence of the game but all Reality TV shows are turning to former players to boost ratings so yours is a losing battle.

I've accepted the idea of returning players (it's not as bad as having Scott Gomez returning for another year with the Canadiens) but giving them this much help is ridiculous.

Still, the new social interactions should offer an interesting study in game play. Will the 4 coahes align and pick up the most gullible from their former teams? Will Janelle and Boogie hang on to their teams and target the other coaches? It isn't without interest.

07-28-12, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key."
Now way, no how anyone can convince me (or any astute viewer) that out of the tens of thousands, if not more, of the applicants and open call prospects there aren't at least a dozen out there who "know how to play."

Quite frankly there are MANY who would be excellent HGs...it's just that casting is comprised of the most complete idiotic morons you could possible convene in one room. PERIOD. Bringing back former players is a major league cop-out for their incompetency.

As for "giving us players that showed they know how to play," I guess three out of four ain't bad...even for this brain dead Production crew.

Dan and Boogie as former winners proved they were solid players. IMHO I have always regarded Janelle as the best player never to win the game. But...Britney??? Gimme a break!!!

Granted I'll put Britney in the top three DR confessionalists of all-time, but as a player she doesn't even come close to cracking the Top Ten. What did she show us? How to cry on cue and get played by an all-male alliance?? The only reason she got far her season is because of her obvious gorgeous looks and her real life BF look-a-like, a main player in that dominant alliance and eventual finalist, decided to string her along to the F4.

And it's Britney who is the clear cut Sweepstakes Winner in this twist to allow the coaches to play. She's down to one player so it would be a no-brainer for her to enter the game AND she enters pairing with the most dominant HG in the season thus far in Shane who could carry her deep in the game. Dan, also down to a single player, would gladly jump at this same opportunity too, but he's the one who would have to do the carrying with Danielle.

Unless Boogie is Houdini, David Cooperfield, and Chris Angel all rolled up into one, Team Boogie will suffer a causalty under Shane's HOH reign. And short of a CC win and/or POV victory it's probably Frank. If Frank is evicted, Boogie probably moves in and takes his place on the Team. If the Team somehow stacks intact this week I could see Boogie deciding to stay on as Coach. If so, his confessional would probably go something like this, "Hey, I'm the BB All-Star Champion. That's the Best of the Best so I have nothing more to play playing this game. But if I can add a coaching win to my resume, I will definitely be the greatest BB player of all-time!" Yadda-Yadda-Yadda-Blah-Blah-Blah.

Janelle is a tricky one to figure here. If she is the only coach to keep all three of her players after Thursday, I feel her best chance to walk away with any cash this season is to stay on as Coach. Although coming soooo close TWICE may be too much of a factor to pass up what may be her last opportunity.

One thing is for certain, if/when any of these Coaches enter the game as players, I will stop watching this season for as long as they stay in the House.

07-28-12, 12:39 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key."
>Now way, no how anyone can
>convince me (or any astute
>viewer) that out of the
>tens of thousands, if not
>more, of the applicants and
>open call prospects there aren't
>at least a dozen out
>there who "know how to
>play."

The thing is that by now anyone who has watched Survivor or BB knows how to play. The basic game is easy; Hatch and Will showed everyone how to play it more than a decade ago. So when I said "knows how to play" I was really talking about "how to entertain the audience while playing".

>Quite frankly there are MANY who
>would be excellent HGs...it's just
>that casting is comprised of
>the most complete idiotic morons
>you could possible convene in
>one room. PERIOD. Bringing back
>former players is a major
>league cop-out for their incompetency.

Yes, casting is your pet peave and you say the same about Survivor. However, Survivor and BB are two of the most successful reality TV shows so I believe that they have some competent people working for them. The job is simply harder than it seems. On paper and in interviews, these players look great but then the game starts and things change. And don't forget it's often the editors' job to explain someone's elimination by showing only their dumb moments.

Take a personal example: Adam from Cook Islands was nicknamed Adumb yet I had the occasion to exchange many posts with him and the guy is smart and funny.

>As for "giving us players that
>showed they know how to
>play," I guess three out
>of four ain't bad...even for
>this brain dead Production crew.
>
>
>Dan and Boogie as former winners
>proved they were solid players.
>IMHO I have always regarded
>Janelle as the best player
>never to win the game.
> But...Britney??? Gimme a
>break!!!

As noted above, I really meant people that can entertain us while playing the game.

>Granted I'll put Britney in the
>top three DR confessionalists of
>all-time...

That's why she's there.

>One thing is for certain, if/when
>any of these Coaches enter
>the game as players, I
>will stop watching this season
>for as long as they
>stay in the House.

But then you will miss the chance to see how they fared. It's a different game with returning players but the dynamics are still interesting. It often makes for very funny seasons.

I wonder: Do you refuse to watch seasons with returning players because you knew Tom would lose in HvV or because Parvati won Micronesia?

07-29-12, 06:57 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key."
I'll address your last statement first. Don't waste your time wondering. Because I will never regard any season where former players return as a "real" season, I could care less who wins or loses those jokes of a season.

Any returning winner (not to be confused with a sole survivor who has the win giftwrapped or handed to them) will not win because the other returning players who are prior losers will not allow that to happen due to jealousy or resentment on account of their dominance. So this paves the way for former losers to make the most of their second opportunity (or even pathetically allow a three-time loser to make the most of his FOURTH opportunity.) Especially when the brain-dead Production puts newbies into the cast who are star-struck groupies thinking these former losers can walk on the ocean or turn water into wine. And I won't even get into the crap of how these former players can form alliances and develop strategy and gameplay BEFORE Probst "officially" starts the game. Rubbish...pure rubbish. THAT'S why I refuse to watch those season.

You got to communicate with Adam? I wish I knew that. I would have asked you to ask for me why the horny toad sucks face with some skank he's only known for a few days without brushing her teeth, no mouthwash or deodorant, and hasn't showered in weeks. Yeah...he's a "smart" guy...give that man a MENSA application!

I'm fine with casting entertaining players...so long as they are ALSO solid players of the game. With the TREMENDOUS pool to select from to say they can't find even a dozen who can be BOTH further exemplifies their incompetency.

OHHHHH...They have a "hard" job???? Well Lodi-friggin-Da!!!
Flash Update: LOTS of people have hard jobs, but bottomline, if you are not up to the task regardless of the difficulty level, replace them with people who ARE up to the task. Now THAT'S the real world folks!

Hey, if they want to cast Britney for her entertainment value, so be it. But then don't tell us in the Premier that they've brought back the four "greatest legends of the game" as coaches!!! If they appropriately stated, "We've brought back three great legends of the game, and one who is entertaining," then I would not be as critical.

07-29-12, 07:41 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key."
>I'll address your last statement first.
>Don't waste your time wondering.
>Because I will never regard
>any season where former players
>return as a "real" season,
>I could care less who
>wins or loses those jokes
>of a season.

It's not the same but it's still real. It's not as if you'd ask basketball players to play Hockey. It still is the game of Survivor with an added layer: Experience.

>Any returning winner (not to be
>confused with a sole survivor
>who has the win giftwrapped
>or handed to them) will
>not win because the other
>returning players who are prior
>losers will not allow that
>to happen due to jealousy

That only happened in the first All-Star and it wasn't only because they were winners. The players of season 1 and 2 had become celebrities and that's what made people like Lex, Tom and Rob jealous. In BB, Will and Jordan both got close to the end on their second try and the same can be said of Parvati and Sandra in HvV. Not to mention JT who had been accepted by his tribe and would have made at least F5 if the Heroes had gained the numbers.

>You got to communicate with Adam?
>I wish I knew that.
>I would have asked you
>to ask for me why
>the horny toad sucks face
>with some skank he's only
>known for a few days
>without brushing her teeth, no
>mouthwash or deodorant, and hasn't
>showered in weeks. Yeah...he's a
>"smart" guy...give that man a
>MENSA application!

You ask why?????
Here's why:

And there is something to be said about natural odors. Think of Napoleon who used to send courriers telling Josephine not to wash because he was returning home!!! Have I grossed you out?!!

>Hey, if they want to cast
>Britney for her entertainment value,
>so be it. But then
>don't tell us in the
>Premier that they've brought back
>the four "greatest legends of
>the game" as coaches!!!

OK, on this I totally agree.

07-30-12, 08:00 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Coaching: the new Golden Key."
The difference between AS and HvV was in AS there were several former losers who finished as low as 7th-10th places up against only 5 former Finalists. Actually 4 when you consider one walked out of the game due to family health reasons. In contrast with HvV, out of the 20 castaways, a whalloping 13 of them were Finalists in their respective seasons. Yes they had more seasons to draw from, but whatever the reason, it did minimize the number of lower placed losers entering the game with a jealous gudge against the former dominant players.

Still my major pet peeves about returning players remain:

A) prior associations and alliances formed along with preconceived strategies BEFORE they're dropped on the island to "officially" start the game, and

B) casting newbies to play with them who experience an orgasmic rush when realizing they will be playing along side these returnees. It certainly tilts the playing field and game to the former players' favor.

And there is something to be said about natural odors. Think of Napoleon who used to send courriers telling Josephine not to wash because he was returning home!!! Have I grossed you out?!!

YES; you've grossed me out. I will respond by quoting Boris Karloff when narrating The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, "...the three words that describe that are as follows, and I quote: STINK, STANK, STUNK!"

As a history buff I can honestly say Napolean was a pretty weird bird, so his disturbing request would be par for the course. History also tells us he divorced Josephine several years later because she failed to produce an heir to his throne. I'm not surprised. Heck, if my woman went days without washing she'd have ZERO chance "producing any heirs" for me!
BwaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, on this I totally agree.

Hey, I'm all for ending this thread on an agreeable note!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •