The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"House Full Of Crazies"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-19-09, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"House Full Of Crazies"
Wow. This season they picked a crazy bunch of people, and its turning out to be perhaps the best season ever. This this through...

* You have a true BB-geek, and he comes in and immediately overplays his hand
* You have a bunch of 20-somethings and BB sets up groups like 'high school cliques'...and they regress into the mindset of high-school cliques and get upset when one member talks to another group, and then they shun that person. Brilliant.
* BB brings back one of the most hated egomaniacs ever and he makes it to the JURY. The mind boggles
* This egomaniac gets a few minions to do his dirtywork and they start to cry and essentially have a wake for him after he gets voted out. More mind boggle material.
* A houseguest actually USES the secret power to advance himself in the game...and the 'other side' is pissed when they know they would have done the same thing themselves if given a chance.
* After the power is used, someone goes batshit crazy gets expelled. Now that is good television. And this persons 'group' blames a member of the other group for her going crazy.
* Extended yelling/screaming/swearing between the two sides...what more could you ask for.
* On top of all that, perhaps three of the best players ever with Jeff, Russell and Michelle.

I'm always amazed each season how going into this house makes almost everyone crazy and lose their common sense. Its a game, who cares what everyone else thinks of your gameplay...but it sure is fun to watch when they do go crazy.

Excellent season so far, CBS.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: House Full Of Crazies Riordan 08-19-09 1
   RE: House Full Of Crazies Snidget 08-19-09 2
       RE: House Full Of Crazies MissMyth 08-19-09 3
   RE: House Full Of Crazies geekboy 08-19-09 4
 RE: House Full Of Crazies zazzy 08-19-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Riordan 634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-19-09, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Riordan Click to send private message to Riordan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: House Full Of Crazies"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-09 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

I'm always amazed each season how going into this house makes
almost everyone crazy and lose their common sense. Its a game, who cares what everyone else thinks of your gameplay...but it sure is fun to watch when they do go crazy.

That is what boggles my mind. I would love to read a psych study on the effects of living in that environment. Is it the people or the situation?

It is still irritating me that gNat/Lidiot despised each other, wanted each other out and now are bff's. Were all three of those girls playing that game to hand Jessie half a mil?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-19-09, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: House Full Of Crazies"
They have done some studies on people in places like Antarctica

http://scicom.ucsc.edu/scinotes/0001/crazy.htm

Winter-overs have to cope with separation from family and friends; the feeling of being "stuck" with people not of their own choosing; a lack of privacy and sensory stimulation; and the demands of a hostile environment: a harsh climate, high altitude, and extreme light-dark cycle.

These difficulties often cause depression, irritability, hostility, insomnia, and an inability to concentrate, cumulatively known as"Winter-Over Syndrome."

The symptoms ebb and flow over time. Psychologist J.H. Rohrer studied isolation in the 1960s and described three progressive stages of how people handle it. The first is high anxiety. This is followed by a spell of listlessness, when the crew becomes mired in routine. The final stage is characterized by anticipation of the return home, spiked with aggressiveness, emotional outbursts, and rowdy behavior. Interestingly, the stages appear regardless of the actual length of time in isolation–when people know how long they will be cut off from others, they spend equivalent amounts of time in the stages, whether the isolation period is 24 hours or one year

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-19-09, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: House Full Of Crazies"
Ummmm, Big Brother in Antarctica. Now there's a dream.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-19-09, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: House Full Of Crazies"
This happens on shows like "Survivor" also. It confuses me but at the same time provides incredible entertainment.

You sign yourself off to go on this GAME. You know that every season there are new twists in this GAME. But then, when the twist happens, and by chance happens against one of your allies in the game, you take it as a personal attack. That is what is mind blowing to me.

its obvious that Natalie believes it is Michelle's fault that Chima went over the edge. That after it being Jeff's fault, etc.

Crazyland.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-19-09, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: House Full Of Crazies"
These crazies gave BB its highest rated show of the season and the highest rated one since the S8 finale with Evel #####:

http://tinyurl.com/lg4w7j

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •