The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is anyone actually rooting for any of these idiots?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-17-09, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is anyone actually rooting for any of these idiots?"
Ok, I'm definitely in the mood for some serious bashing right now. This has got to be the least likable group in the BB house that I can remember watching (there was another season that I refused to watch because the players were just too boring - I think it was 7 or 8? I don't recall which season it was; all I know is that I haven't watched a whole season since the good old days of Howie and Janelle.)

First off, I do give Russell props for having the sense to realize how that sneaky Ronnie was lying to him - although even the worst judge of body language should've been able to tell that the idiot was lying. I'd give Russell more props for good sense, but the way he fell for Lydia's b.s. makes him just as stupid as Jessie (although to a lesser extent.)

As for Lydia - she totally blew the good opinion I had of her last night by her seriously deranged hissy fits. I could halfway understand yelling at Braden a little, but to go so nuts because the blond girl (I forgot her name) didn't cry when Lydia went on the block? And Lydia calls other people shallow? Stupid just acquired a whole new meaning.

Braden? A boring surfer type, yes - but a serious threat in the game? In whose vivid imagination was that even possible? Braden was nice enough, I suppose, but I wasn't exactly blown away by his mental capacity. Russell's the one to watch in this regard.

As for Ronnie... I guess I shouldn't be surprised that anyone who spends half his days playing computer games turns out to be not quite right in the head. And since when does being a nerd automatically mean you have brains? Here's the proof that that's not always the case...what a weasel. (And he's not playing well by playing all sides - he's just ensuring himself a quick exit.)

Jeff is turning out to be more likable than I'd originally thought - although in this household, that's not really saying a lot. Russell had no right to attack him like he did - even a 3rd grader can spell 'shotgun.' Michelle is nice, too, although she hasn't been shown enough for more of an opinion to be formed.

Chima - good grief, girl, go home already. That last minute desperation speech of yours was about as classless as it was effective. I'm seriously bordering on hating this girl even more than Jessie or Russell.

Oh wait - there is a kind of cool person in the group. Crazy ole' Casey; now him I like. I can see him easily flying under the radar. Hell, even ole' Laura wasn't as annoying last night as most of the others, although I still have serious issues against using your 'assets' to get ahead. However, maybe now that she sees that it's really not helping her with this group, she'll tone it down and start using her brain for a change.

I'm sorry about the long post - for a change, I actually had a little extra time in my day and couldn't resist doing a little venting here. This really IS an annoying group; I'm not very hopeful about sticking out the season, but I'll at least give it a few more weeks to be fair.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is anyone actually rooting for ... LibraRising 07-17-09 1
   RE: Is anyone actually rooting for ... Estee 07-17-09 3
 RE: Is anyone actually rooting for ... Estee 07-17-09 2
   RE: Is anyone actually rooting for ... LibraRising 07-17-09 5
   RE: Is anyone actually rooting for ... Belle Book 07-17-09 6
 Does not compute Snidget 07-17-09 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-17-09, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is anyone actually rooting for any of these idiots?"
In a word -- no. They're all loathsome. And the stuff they're not airing makes them more so. Especially Braden and Jeff. Probably the worst of a very bad bunch.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-17-09, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is anyone actually rooting for any of these idiots?"
'Loathsome' is going to be the word of the season, isn't it?

That or 'click'.

With the later as a sound effect.

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-09, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is anyone actually rooting for any of these idiots?"
Well, this saves me from making out my own Loathe List.

I am hoping on Chima, but that's a live feeds issue more than anything else: to me, seeing her try to single-handedly destroy Endemol's designated Braden edit made me into at least a temporary supporter. (Let's just say Braden's fights covered a lot more verbal ground than was shown -- and Chima's calling him out on it was accurate.) Destroy production's plans and hardcore BB loathers will unleash a cheer heard 'round the world. But there's no way the staff lets her win.

I wanted to root for Laura just because that somatype so rarely makes it onto television and I was hoping she'd break some stereotypes Sapphryi-style. Wrong... she's reinforcing some of the worst ones, and that's the only reason she was cast. Joy. She can't go out soon enough to stop the damage from having been done.

Jeff & Jordan fall into the same category for me: casual bigots. Jordan has the extra detriment of having just enough IQ points to manage a near-continual inhale-exhale cycle without too much outside assistance. Between them, they just about add up to one whole back turning.

Natalie's claim of being eighteen keeps being shorted out by her actual maturity level: eleven. About as much fun to be around as a yapping purse dog with file-sharpened teeth.

Kevin ensured I would hate him forever within his first five minutes of television time. My opinion has only changed in one aspect: I don't just find him loathsome now. He's loathsome and boring.

I can sort of stand Casey, but I'm starting to suspect that might be because I haven't seen enough of him yet.

Jessie landed on my perma-disgust list in his first season, but I have to give him credit for having changed: he's actually gotten worse. Before, he was stupid and vain. Now he's stupid, vain, and under the illusion that his previous experience has made him the mastermind of the house. Jessie would have a hard time being the mastermind of a Playmobil mansion.

Lydia... this skirts close to live feeds territory, but she's proven she'll do whatever she has to in order to stay in. As in absolutely anything. Start fights. Create divides. Romancing the blockhead -- and too far: g'night.

Every so often, I go into Borders and sit down to quietly read a graphic novel or two, because I don't care what form the story takes as long as it's a good one. Ronnie is trying to make me feel ashamed of that. He may succeed.

I agree with you on Russell: given enough time, he could turn into a game threat. I just don't know if he has it. (He also has a much drier sense of humor than what's made the air.) He's been semi-tolerable to date, but that can change in a hurry.

Michele is walking unfulfilled potential: she could go either way. But I think she might see that as being to her benefit: go completely unnoticed on the game level until halfway into the jury stage, then find some strings to pull. Her personality can be borne: her gameplay has yet to manifest.

With Braden... my first intuition on seeing him was that one day, I would be throwing a drink in his face. And now that I've gotten a chance to know him, I wouldn't stop with just throwing one drink.

Overall, it's a bad cast. But for the last few seasons, they've all been bad casts...

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-17-09, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is anyone actually rooting for any of these idiots?"
Does a Molotov cocktail count as a drink?

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-17-09, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is anyone actually rooting for any of these idiots?"
I think I can root for Michelle. That's about it.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-09, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Does not compute"
Root FOR someone on Big Bother?

Root four them or fore them?

Nope that doesn't help, either.

I can't reconcile the concept of Big Bother and rooting for someone. Sorry.

Honestly I don't find these idjits any more loathesome than any other bunch. My detector may be on the fritz.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •