The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"While watching planted people, I was wondering if producers "chose" the one they wanted to win. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-30-08, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"While watching planted people, I was wondering if producers "chose" the one they wanted to win. "
I read on this board what really goes on in the diary room. Houseguests don't talk to a psychologist: they talk to a producer who pressures them to vote a certain way.

When they announced that whoever correctly guessed the time they had been planted which was closest to an hour... I thought the producers would choose the houseguest they wanted to win... not the houseguest who really was planted closest to an hour.

I think it's rigged.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The standard answer: Estee 07-30-08 1
 RE: While watching planted people, ... Snidget 07-30-08 2
   RE: While watching planted people, ... observer 07-30-08 3
       RE: While watching planted people, ... Snidget 07-30-08 4
           RE: While watching planted people, ... observer 07-30-08 5
               RE: While watching planted people, ... Snidget 07-30-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-08, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The standard answer:"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID9/1149.shtml
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-08, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: While watching planted people, I was wondering if producers "chose" the one they wanted to win. "
I'm not surprised people went over so I don't see this as proof they decided that everyone went over an hour even though they really were only in there 45 minutes.

Some people have a good sense of time passing, but doing it while they are doing their best to mess with you isn't that easy. Without the Chinese Water Torture (or depending on setting, spa treatment) the worms and the compost and all that I think they would be better at guessing.

I know I couldn't guess when an hour happened so I'd be basing my leaving the pot on strategy not on what time I thought passed.

I never thought the diary room was just for psychological counseling. That is where all the confessionals come from and I don't think they just let people on any show just ramble on and just film it. They want information for good story telling so they are bound to ask leading questions of anyone in any confessional on any show.

How effective they are at pressuring people to vote for a specific person when that is not the person that people want to vote for, I don't know. It seems like the manipulation is heavy handed enough that the hamsters are aware that it is going on. Now there could be a bit of Stockholm Syndrome going on where you feel you have to do what they say to get rewards and avoid punishment. That being said the hamsters do seem very aware of which leading questions are manipulation attempts.

07-30-08, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: While watching planted people, I was wondering if producers "chose" the one they wanted to win. "
I think the producers might have predetermined who they wanted to win this particular competition. So, even if Keesha had the worst estimate of how long she had been planted, they declared her the winner. I don't think the houseguests have a clock or watches. I don't think this competition was on the feeds either, so viewers couldn't check the time for themselves.

I read that houseguests have fallen off of perches in endurance competitions. They get back up, and the part about them falling off is edited out.

I really thought that there was a psychologist available in the diary room to help the houseguests deal with the stress of being on the show.

I had been also been watching another TV show while I was watching Big Brother. I didn't have the energy to think about how the planting could have been rigged, so I stopped switching channels and concentrated on my other TV show.

07-30-08, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: While watching planted people, I was wondering if producers "chose" the one they wanted to win. "
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-08 AT 10:30 AM (EST)

I think they have psychologists on call, but that the diary room is mostly for confessionals and discussions with producers.

ETA. I assume any footage from a therapy session is stuff they can't air, so I'm guessing anything we see is either from one of the times they are called to the diary room or when they do something funny and want to gloat (like the Will/Boogie sessions).

07-30-08, 11:52 AM (EST)
5. "RE: While watching planted people, I was wondering if producers "chose" the one they wanted to win. "
Therapy is supposed to be confidential, but I wonder if they make an exception for Big Brother... and the producers hear everything.

I always thought houseguests were sent to the diary room if they broke a rule. I didn't know about houseguests being sent to the diary room to get pressured by a producer until I read it on this board. I had always assumed that the producers didn't try to influence the outcome of the show, or any competitions on the show.

07-30-08, 12:08 PM (EST)
6. "RE: While watching planted people, I was wondering if producers "chose" the one they wanted to win. "
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-08 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

On the live feeds you hear them being called to the diary room all the time. Especially the times things have almost escalated to a physical altercation, or any other sort of rules violation is going on (like singing on the live feeds, etc. although some minor things like not having your microphone on they just announce to the whole house...depends on how much of a talking to you need).

See, I'm cynical and I've always assumed that producers have favorites that they want to win.

I don't think things are rigged to the point that they never allow any competition to come to its natural outcome. I do think that on most shows there are ways that the producers can try to influence the outcome so they have what they think is a better story. For vote in shows it can be as simple as who gets the final dance/song/performance. I also believe when they are setting things up they look at the cast and chose certain competitions over others because of who they think will do well.

If anything manipulation on Big Bother has been seen and understood much more than most shows as we have the live feeds and we see a lot of what goes on that doesn't make it to the show. The live feeders always have a very different picture of the hamsters than the people who just watch the shows and the editing is only about manipulating the audience. We know from people on shows that we only see what the producers want us to see they will use sound from one clip over footage from another clip or show things out of order to tell a better story than what was real.

The most important thing on any show is the ratings and what you can charge the advertisers. Whatever they have to do to ensure "good TV" or at least "bad TV that is so bad it is good" they will do.

Of course it goes both ways. The people on shows have all sorts of ways they manipulate the system. Most don't work on Big Bother because of the live feeds, but many people who have been on other shows will flip at the bird over their face when talking about things they don't want broadcast or other curse every other word, etc. Basically make it so you can't blur or edit a piece of film into something you can air.

ETA. Again I think the times they are in the diary room with a therapist we never see that footage. We never see the diary room on the live feeds (well almost never, they've had a few momentary blips on live feeds). If they are just answering questions the producer asks or they go in there just to vent and not be seen by their fellow hamsters that is what makes it to air.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •