The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BB9 - Episode 1 summary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-13-08, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BB9 - Episode 1 summary"
BIG BROTHER 9: ‘TIL DEATH DO YOU PART
a/k/a we are so getting to see sex on camera this season

Ai. Dios. Mio. Now I see why no one wanted to do the first summary. It’s the one with all the people in it!

We start with Julie Chen. She is in a pretty red dress, but showing too much sternum. She informs us of this season’s exciting(?) twist. Really, Jules? Showmance? You had to say showmance? Anyway, TPTB have set up their own dating lab. They have matched each contestant with their potential “soulmate”; the fabricated couples will play as a team for “Food, luxuries, and most importantly, power.” Oh, and a half million grand prize.

~ Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage.~

Let’s meet our suckerscontestants:

Alex is a 24 year old DJ. He actually owns a DJ company, but is hiding his mad entrepreneurial skillz from the others. His dad died on 9/11, which makes it sort of hard for me to make fun of him. I am sure my empathy will decline.

Sheila will be 46 in April. I don’t know how to put this politely, Sheila, so I’ll just blurt it out. Maybe you should have used a more current photo for the publicity stills, ‘cause seriously? you look rode hard and put away wet. Sheila is a former Penthouse model. DH found her pictures online. He says lots of hair was “in” in the 70s.

Natalie, a 28 year old “bikini barista,” is from “the beaver state.” Oh dear lord, of course she is. She likes “bikinis, coffee, and god.” She is very, very, chipper.

Jacob, a 23 year old electrician from Georgia, says that “only the righteous will prevail.” Well, that won’t be you then, will it, Mr. McCheaterpants?

Chelsia “call me Trouble” is 21, and a college student from Iowa. Trouble looks a little fake, but she is still pretty young. I reserve judgment.

Parker is cute, but he also works as paparazzi for TMZ. The sleaze of his job fills up my entire “con” column. Parker is 26 and lives in California.

Amanda, is a 23 year old paralegal from Minnesota. She says she is “high-maintenance,” which is never good to hear, but my notes say “Wisconsin, Packers fan, liked alert, loves cookies.” I don’t really know what I meant by that. I do know that the dress she is wearing in the publicity still makes her look sway-backed and pot-bellied.

Jen is 26. She is a bartender who “knows how to handle a rough crowd.” She is super-cute. I like her smile.

“Crazy” James is 21 and “homeless.” What he really means is that he would rather bicycle around the world than buck up and get a job. Still, better to do this at 21 than 41. I *really* thought James was a girl. The fact that he is digging Chelsia doesn’t necessarily dissuade my opinion. Also, don’t give yourself a nickname. Especially not a lame one.

Neil is a realtor from L.A. via Texas. He is a 29-year-old hardbody. I think he is on Big Brother because the L.A. housing market is in as much a slump as the D.C. market.

Joshuah, 25, is a media advertising buyer from Dallas. He will be working the “southern charm.” I will be spelling his name as “Joshua”

Ryan, 27, is a college student from Ohio. He is sort of hairy. Despite that, he will be “going all in.” What does that even mean? Do these people think about the words coming out of their mouths?

Sharon is a 23 year old realtor from Kansas. She says she is a military brat. She is also Jacob’s ex-girlfriend. She says they dated for 12 years, but they are both only 23. I suppose that works for some people. (I mean, obviously not Jacob, but some other people.)

Alison is a “pharmaceutical sales representative” from Boston. She is 28, and is a “reformed gambling addict.” Ooh! Will she start betting on beer pong? Stay tuned!

Matt, 23, is a roofing foreman from Massachusetts. He will be playing the role of “that guy.” I am already hating him.

Adam is a 29 year old public relations manager from Florida. I sort of spaced out during his intro, but I’m sure we will hear more about him later.

~Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.~

It's ladies' night, as Julie sends in Natalie, Jen, Alison, and Sheila. We hear about a thousand “oh mi gods!” as they scurry around, discovering all the rooms are locked. Sharon, Amanda, and Chelsia enter next. More squeaking ensues as the chicas notice the wall art of luurve and confirm they are all single.

We see intertwining DRs of Sharon and Jacob. The jist is that they dated for 12 years but Jacob “blew the love of (his) life” by cheating on her. Sharon is “moving on,” but Jacob, I think, is not moving on so much. He is hoping they are matched as “soulmates.” Jen and Ryan then DR that they have been dating for 9 months, living together for 7 months, and want to play as secret strangers. They fear that if found out they “might be evicted.” Ryan is allegedly a teddy bear (well, as hairy as a bear), but they are both jealous people. Jen thinks they will get married. I am sure they will, just maybe not to each other. At any rate, I am sure being on the show will strengthen their relationship.

~That Love is all there is, is all we know of Love.~

Time for the men! Ryan, Adam, Parker, Alex, and Joshua enter the house and start screaming at the girls. Jen already sounds drunk, but I think it is just her “acting” as if she doesn’t know Ryan. Parker thinks Jen is attractive. Hey, Parker, she is! Provided she isn’t a b!tch, I do believe I have my girl-crush for the season.

Matt, James, Neil, and Jacob enter. Cheering ensues. Well, until Sharon and Jacob see each other and both sort of mini-freak. He walks away, and the girls around Sharon notice immediately that something is up.

~To be loved for what one is, is the greatest exception. The great majority love in others only what they lend him, their own selves, their version of him.~

Julie announces she is playing Cupid. The housemates will compete, win HoH, be evicted, and even “sleep” as couples. Everyone makes the appropriate background noise. Neither Ryan nor Jen are happy with this development. Ryan doesn’t want to see Jen in bed with another man. Jacob hopes he is paired with Sharon.

Time for the match up! Once your team is announced, go to a bedroom and stay there! And start kissing! It’s your computer-generated soulmate!

~When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.~

Alex and Amanda – Alex is happy.
James and Chelsia – Chelsia pouts that she likes motor bikes, not bicycles.
Natalie and Matt – Matt is happy and says Nat is beautiful.
Jen and Parker – Parker is stoked, Ryan is angry.
Joshua and Neil – Two guys? As soulmates? But . . . what if they kiss?
Jacob and Sharon – Hmm, apparently they are meant to be.

Oops! All the beds are taken. The remaining two couples must get sleeping bags from the storage room. BB gets caught short like this every year. One would think they’d count better.

Our remaining couples are Ryan and Alison, and Sheila and Adam. Sheila does NOT like Adam at all, and he keeps calling her “Ma.” Which is funny, but if I looked ten years older than I was, I might be upset as well. We are treated to about 15 minutes of Sheila whinging about how much Adam is not her type. Lady, are you here to get naked in front of the camera (again) or to win money? I guess she wanted the former. I’d be bummed because Adam does look a little like a monster, but I wouldn’t tell him that.

~Love does not alter the beloved, it alters itself.~ (although the other quotes are random, this one is specifically for our lovebirds Sheila and Adam)

Competition time! One couple will win the sole power to evict another couple in a matter of hours. There are spoilers available if you want to know who gets booted. The game is called “Falling 4 U.” They might not have used the Prince spelling, but I feel it makes everything sexier. One half of the couple is suspended in a sex trapeze. The other lies under them on a bed and must monkey-cling whilst they are lifted into the air. If you fall, your team is out. Last team hanging is the winner. There is some ridiculous arguing by some of the girls that they should be in the trapeze, but they all come to their senses with boys on top.

~Love, I find, is like singing. Everybody can do enough to satisfy themselves, though it may not impress the neighbors as being very much.~

Adam says Ma’s breath stinks, and they are the first team out as she totally leaps out of his arms after five minutes. Next out are Neil and Josh at 9:18. Amanda falls and tells Alex she blew it. After 34 minutes, Sharon and Jacob have a discussion and he gently helps her drop down.

Julie announces that there are pillows on the bed. The remaining teams have ten minutes to reach a pillow with only their hands. If they pick up a pillow and win, they get $10,000. I am pretty sure my short self would never have reached all the way back down for a pillow! Matt and Natalie aren’t going for it. James and Chelsia try, and she grabs the pillow, but then falls while trying to pull herself back up. Chelsia is mad at herself for falling. Jen and Parker get a pillow, and Ryan and Alison try, but Alison falls. Natalie is the first to invoke a “swear to god,” and tells Jen and Parker that she and Matt will drop if J/P promise N/M will be safe. Jen and Parker are our first power couple.

Jen and Parker must nominate a couple to be sent home. Jen is thinking Adam and Sheila, while Parker is thinking Ryan and Alison. Guess which person will not get their way.

Nominations are Wednesday at 8! See you then!

~The world is too dangerous for anything but truth and too small for anything but love.~

makin' plates for 8 1/3 to 12

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary Estee 02-13-08 1
   RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary FishWoman 02-13-08 2
 RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary cahaya 02-13-08 3
 RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary Das Mole 02-13-08 4
 RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary Denalio 02-14-08 5
 RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary kingfish 02-14-08 6
 RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary FishWoman 02-14-08 7
 RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary zipperhead 02-14-08 8
 RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary strid333 02-19-08 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-08, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary"
Mr. McCheaterpants

If he was doing so much cheating, when did he have time to put on pants?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-13-08, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary"
He never took them off. He is gross like that.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-08, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary"
Nice, crisp summary, Fishwoman!

She says they dated for 12 years, but they are both only 23.

Oh, no, don't the producers any ideas. Next thing we know BB11 will be just that - a bunch of 11 year olds. Then again, these kids may actually act more mature than the so-called adults we've seen.

“bikini barista,” is from “the beaver state.”

(*groan*)

Caged by Snidget

Thanks!

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-13-08, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary"
Joshua and Neil – Two guys? As soulmates? But . . . what if they kiss?

I lol'd.

hot.

Denalio 903 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-14-08, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary"
Fab job! Excellent listing of the hamsters and their traits.

Especially loved these observations:
Chenbot - ...showing too much sternum.
Jacob - Mr. McCheaterpants
Joshuah - I will be spelling his name as “Joshua” (rightly so)

And I also appreciate the succinct descriptions which convey exactly the best way to visualize things:
...suspended in a sex trapeze
...must monkey-cling

You? Gifted!

Nice work. Much appreciate it.

Awe inspiring Tribe sig!!!

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-08, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary"
Very nice, and I too especially liked the McCheaterpants ref.

We fish go to the finest schools around, and your talent and training comes shining thru.

Nice read, FW.

02-14-08, 10:25 AM (EST)
7. "RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary"
Aw, thank you guys! *twists foot* *blushes*

I'll have the episode 2 summary up tomorrow.

makin' plates for 8 1/3 to 12

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-14-08, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary"
Great job! Lots of good stuff in there.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-19-08, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: BB9 - Episode 1 summary"
Good job on the summary. A good way to kick off another season.

Three is the perfect number.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •