The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-30-07, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
...but Amber's comments about Eric not using the veto seem to have gone unnoticed by the great citizenry of RTVW.

Did I or did I not hear Amber say that Eric "has no soul"? It doesn't quite fit the...ahem, s-word, if you will, but it's close enough.

I'm not sure if she's tried to get anyone 86'd from the game for a rules violation they didn't commit, but if they do, I think we need to have an all-forum Peep Meet in CA to find the BB house, go in, and club Amber stup...er, wait, stupid-er.

Please don't tell me Amber's related to a President. Just don't.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... geg6 08-30-07 1
   RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... Estee 08-30-07 3
   RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... newsomewayne 08-30-07 4
       Agreed. Estee 08-30-07 7
       RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... geg6 08-30-07 10
           RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... Glass 08-31-07 12
               RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... Dakota 08-31-07 14
                   RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... geg6 09-04-07 18
                       RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... Snidget 09-04-07 19
 RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... vince3 08-30-07 2
 RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... Estee 08-30-07 5
 RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... newsomewayne 08-30-07 6
   Amber asked me to give this to you. Estee 08-30-07 8
   RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... Dakota 09-01-07 16
       RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... newsomewayne 09-05-07 21
 RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... kingfish 08-30-07 9
   RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... Glass 08-31-07 13
 RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... ohmyheck 08-30-07 11
   RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... maryellennaco 08-31-07 15
   RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... Dakota 09-01-07 17
 RE: I was going to wait for Estee t... Joe Clay 09-04-07 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-30-07, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
Well, in Amberworld, it probably just means she just found out he was Jewish. Kind of like Jameka's amazed reaction to Jessica's explanation of her Catholic school experience of going to mass and taking communion every day. *shakes head*

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-07, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
Amber's known about Eric's religion for some time, but it may have taken a while to sink in. Or, given Amber's swamp of a mind, the marsh gases may keep pushing it to the surface.

I think it's a direct religion bash on her part, but that's called 'previous experience'.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-07, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
Kind
>of like Jameka's amazed reaction
>to Jessica's explanation of her
>Catholic school experience of going
>to mass and taking communion
>every day. *shakes head*
>

But why was that such a big deal? Jameka wasn't judgmental of Jessica. She just had questions of someone who had a different experience growing up. What's wrong with asking questions and finding amazement in their differences?

I don't agree with every aspect of Jameka's faith that gets portrayed, but I don't understand finding fault in asking questions about why Jess' religion did things differently.

08-30-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Agreed."
To me, Jameka came across as being more curious than anything else.

08-30-07, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
Well, I guess I just thought most people would know that, like any other religious schools, Catholic schools require students to participate in the rituals of the religion as a part of the everyday school experience. And since mass and communion are central to Catholicism, you'd pretty much do that most every day.

Of course, there are a lot of people out there that don't even understand that Catholics are Christians, so I shouldn't be surprised.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-31-07, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glass Click to send private message to Glass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
Very well put Geg.

Having grown up in a Catholic school myself, I'm always shocked when very religious Christians don't understand the difference between the major denominations. I used to have a hyper-religious girlfriend and when I asked her what religious she was, she said 'Christian.' This I knew already, so I asked her what denomination. She had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. 'Just Christian,' she said.

Which is fine I guess... faith, afterall, is not the same as knowledge!

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-07, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-07 AT 05:33 PM (EST)

The difference between Catholics and Protestants was descibed as follows: Catholics believe they get to heaven through good works. Protestants believe they get to heaven by faith in Christ and do good works because of that faith.

Other than that, my minister can marry, I've always been able to eat fish on Friday, never said a rosary or been to confession. We don't have a Pope; we're too fragmentized.

As for Jews, I went to a Bible study group several years ago that emphasized the Old Testament. I kept going back to work the next day and talking to some Jewish friends saying "so THAT'S why you guys do that!"

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

09-04-07, 09:04 AM (EST)
18. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
"The difference between Catholics and Protestants was descibed as follows: Catholics believe they get to heaven through good works. Protestants believe they get to heaven by faith in Christ and do good works because of that faith."

Exactly what I'm talking about. No Catholic or ex-Catholic would recognize that description as an apt one of their faith.

It just goes to show, to me, why none of them make an ounce of sense. Anything that causes that much factionalization and deliberate misunderstanding is not, in general, a good thing.

YMMV.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-07, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-07 AT 09:17 AM (EST)

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_capr.htm has a nice summary of the differences between Catholic and Conservative Protestant (liberal sects have various other differences from the version presented here).

I've seen a fair amount of variation in "good works" among various protestant sects, there are some sects that can go into Grace alone is not enough mode.

ETA. The difference in emphasis on the church sacraments shows up for me mostly in the Protestant churches I've been to will let anyone who is baptized take communion, the Catholic churches will not. I'm not sure about Orthodox, the one time I was there they didn't have communion because the old priest had died and they didn't have a new one so they did a prayer only service.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-07, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
I think there was a mention of it in the ECST on Tuesday.......

08-30-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
5. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
Y'know, I do have a whole new season to worry about.

It did stand out to me, but as said on the ESCT, Amber doesn't have the brains or vocabulary to match the one she's apparently trying to be a spiritual sister to. Which is a good thing, because an intelligent Amber would be a horror show.

As for being related to a president -- well, you could make the argument that she shares a number of trends with a very recent one. Extremely recent. As in 'current'.

Marking the first official use of that sigpic.

08-30-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
What I thought was really funny was Amber's accusation that Eric was selfish because he didn't use the veto. If you are involved in a game where the ultimate goal is to be the last one standing, I don't think describing another's actions as selfish should ever enter the discussion. Self-less, maybe, to take it to the other extreme, but selfish is not a fair descriptor. Low-down, dirty, sneaky, underhanded, for sure. But selfish, no. It's not selfish to want to win and doing things to achieve that goal.

Sorry, Amber, but just because Eric is not a single mother working as a cocktail waitress does not make him selfish for wanting to win.

08-30-07, 11:19 AM (EST)
8. "Amber asked me to give this to you."
*hands Newsome a shiny new Star Of David*

The surgical installment of six thousand years of oppression will just take a few seconds. Hold still.

09-01-07, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
>Sorry, Amber, but just because Eric
>is not a single mother
>working as a cocktail waitress
>does not make him selfish
>for wanting to win.

I think her words were "he's only here for himself". Huh? And who are you here for, Amber?

09-05-07, 12:24 PM (EST)
21. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
Yes she did say that. but she also specifically called him selfish.

Thrown to the briny deeps by Agman, 2007.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
Communion every day? I didn't know that either.

(I was very seriously considering not admitting that, aside from not wanting to look stupid, I really don't want to be seen to be as stupid as Jameka. But the 'I gotta post' compulsion took over).

The 'club Amber stupider' idea I back fully. I hope the RTVW Peeps in LA will make this happen.

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-31-07, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glass Click to send private message to Glass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
You know what it is though for me? And I know it's just how my brain works so I don't actually hold anybody to this standard...

It's just that if you are as religious as Jameka is, and as committed to having a relationship with God and being faithful and pious, and having an identity within your church and respecting the identity of your church, it seems to me that it's necessary to have an understanding of your religion, including history, important figures, rituals, and major denominations.

I just don't see how you could understand why you belong to a group without understanding how that group is different from any other group. (Did that make sense?)

Of course, for many people of faith, 'why' they belong to a certain group is much less important than the fact that they 'just do.'

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-30-07, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-07 AT 12:07 PM (EST)

I made a note of it on the ECST, but as Estee (rightly) pointed out, Amber is not bright enough. And by the way, your 'clubbing' idea is wonderful! And no, I don't think that Amber is related to any President. Although she shares the negative IQ with a number of former Commanders in Chief.

ETF: I can't spell 'chiefs'. I have a problem with 'friends' also.

EA: Thank you Dakota for correcting my error.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-31-07, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-07 AT 10:19 PM (EST)

I went to Catholic school back in the 60's (aarrgghh!) and we only went to Mass once a week. (I wasn't even Catholic!) but I went anyway because I didn't want to sit in Study hall for an hour!)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaamber is an idiot, and I think her great "faith" has just now shown her in her infancy of belief.

Usually, when one is in rehab, which Waaaaaaamber's time on BB8 shows; there's a "Come to Jesus" moment. We all saw Waaaamber's Come to Jesus moment, and boy; it wasn't pretty!!

Come on now, who actually says, " God Bless You, God" ......

Seriously? And the fact that SeeBS shut down the evicted HG interviews when Waaaaaaaaaaaaaamber was the evicted HG only proves my point. She's completely in over her head. Her whole attitude about Jewish people again proves the point.

The point? Waaaaaaaaamber is a NUTJOB!No ifs,ands, or buts, about it. There are more horse's azzes in the world than there are horses. Waaaaaaaaaaamber? Horse's BUTT. "Nuff said."

09-01-07, 08:34 AM (EST)
17. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
>Although she shares the negative
>IQ with a number of
>former Commander in Chiefs.
>
>ETF: I can't spell 'chiefs'. I
>have a problem with 'friends'
>also.

Spelling/grammar check? It's Commanders in Chief.

Joe Clay 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-04-07, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joe%20Clay Click to send private message to Joe%20Clay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I was going to wait for Estee to point it out..."
If I might be so bold as to suggest an alternative to clubbing(which just on the face of it brings up repugnant visions of Michael Vick) I say a tubal ligation would a better alternative.

And to remain consistent with the theology content of this thread, I can't think of a better description of purgatory than having to spend more than minutes in the presence of the Donatos...talk about Dante's Inferno!!!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •