The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

thecrossbowkid 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-17-07, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecrossbowkid Click to send private message to thecrossbowkid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
FTF? Is America really so sadistic as to want that hemmeroid ED to stay in the house? I can't stand the sight of him. He is not cool, he is not interesting, he is not "fun to watch"- he is a bully who intimidates, insults and humiliates weaker people. Is this entertainment? The fact that America voted to have Eric evict Dustin over a clear antisocial scumbag like ED is evidence of the same sickness in our culture that celebrates people like Mike Tyson and OJ Simpson.

Shame on all you ED fans. Shame.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! Estee 08-17-07 1
   RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! thecrossbowkid 08-17-07 2
       RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! Snidget 08-17-07 3
           RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! Estee 08-17-07 4
           RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! mattben 08-18-07 15
 RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! shanshan2007 08-17-07 5
   RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! agman 08-18-07 8
       RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! shanshan2007 08-18-07 9
           RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! agman 08-18-07 10
               RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! shanshan2007 08-18-07 11
                   RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! agman 08-18-07 12
                       RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! shanshan2007 08-18-07 13
 RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! The Cake 08-17-07 6
 RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! Aruba 08-18-07 7
 RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!! maryellennaco 08-18-07 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-07, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
This may not have been so much about keeping Dick as screwing over Eric.

There's a philosophy (and, for American Idol, a website) out there called Vote For The Worst. It basically translates to 'When given the chance to influence a reality show, make the decision that will wreck the maximum number of things'. For AI, that means breaking eardrums by keeping Sanjaya well past his expiration date. With the America's Player polls, it means making the decision that will hurt Eric the most.

Remember: Eric was already a prime suspect. Most of the house was convinced he was the source of the stray votes -- all results from previous polls. Eric was in deep trouble within the house, at least with selected people. The VTFW faction was having a lot of fun with him: pick Jessica as a Final Two partner, and then you're not allowed to speak to her for twelve hours? Eric was being happily directed to shoot himself in the foot at every possible opportunity, followed by smiling at the camera and asking for another.

So. Eric's in an alliance that's currently dedicated to getting Dick out of the house. What's Eric's worst option? To be forced into voting Dustin out, meaning he's another stray vote, he's betrayed his alliance, and he's probably going on the block really soon now. Vote For The Worst -- Dick must stay. Or rather, under the alliance situation as we knew it on Tuesday, the vote must come down 3-3, Jessica tiebreaks and sends Dick out, and Eric's in major trouble.

What no one in the VFTW faction would have expected is that Eric has some ability to play the game. Stuck with having to vote for Dustin and knowing a tiebreaker would still kill him, he managed to align with Dick and Danielle, then bring in Jessica and use Zach's vote (through her) plus Jen to get majority. Eric worked with what he was ordered to do, and that means he got to protect himself this week. Forced into a hand with 2-7 offsuit and caught a set on the river -- pretty good play.

Now -- what does VFTW means for the current poll? Good question. There are two very bad options for Eric when it comes to getting someone nominated: one is to propose Dick, and let's think about how well that's going to go over with Danielle. The other is to try and put Jessica up, stabbing his F2 partner yet again. And given that there's a pair of pains on the board, the VFTW numbers might split between them, fail to take majority, and allow another vote to get through -- Jameka, Amber, Zach, or Jen. But if they hold majority again, figure it'll be Dick or Jessica -- and Eric will have to try and either laugh it off as a joke suggestion, propose a pawn, or be in trouble again.

Eric is being told to hurt himself as much as possible -- but this week, he made it work to his advantage. Next week -- who knows?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

thecrossbowkid 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-17-07, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecrossbowkid Click to send private message to thecrossbowkid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
Thanks for the thoughtful insight, Estee. I had not thought about it like that. VFTW is an interesting concept, but I feel it reflects a meanness and cynicism in our culture which is bothersome to me. After all, how could a vote to keep Sanjaya and boot someone with superior talent be considered anything other than sadistic in nature? A vote to keep ED (a scumbag) and screw Eric, (who only seems eager to please), could only mean: 1- Americans are evil 2- BB8 has been infiltrated by unseen numbers of cynics and anarchists.

Either way, maybe audience participation is NOT the way to go.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
While there may be a sadistic side to it, there is also another side to it.

At least as far as a lotof the Vote for the Worsters on AI are concerned.

It is the sense that a lot of Americans have that the producers on the show are trying to manipulate the American public to do their bidding. It shows up in how people are edited, how the judges react to certain people compared to others, etc.

There are enough people who find that anywhere from annoying to offensive. So at least for a good portion it isn't about screwing over a given player as it is about getting back at the producers when they have a chance.

Big Bother pu a goledn opportunity to screw with the game out there. So people will pay them back for things like editing a truely loathesome person on the feeds into a palatable one on the network show, etc.

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
Imagine Maggie as America's Player in Season #6. We would have had her cleaning the toilet with her own toothbrush.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-18-07, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
hear hear, snidget.

shanshan2007 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-17-07, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanshan2007 Click to send private message to shanshan2007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
> Is this
>entertainment? >

Yes. Yes it is.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-07, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
>> Is this
>>entertainment? >
>
>Yes. Yes it is.

No. No it's not. He has pushed passed the limits of "good Television". I think he is disgusting! He is the worst of a particularly bad group of houseguests. His "bad boy" mistique is wearing thin.

Smokey's mom sends it out of the park

08-18-07, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanshan2007 Click to send private message to shanshan2007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
Yes. Yes it is.

08-18-07, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
If that is what you find entertaining then we will have to disagree on this point and leave it at that because I do not share your opinion. I still think that he has worn thin, and watching someone continually bully people is not entertainment IMO. YMMV

I know everything, except the things I don't know. Tribe keeps the penguin in motion!

08-18-07, 01:26 PM (EST)
11. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
Yes, we will have to agree to disagree. I find him damn hilarious, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!

08-18-07, 01:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"

Whatever makes ya happy

08-18-07, 04:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
>
> Whatever makes ya happy

Diick's an #####, but I love watching the drama. LOL!!!!!!!!! In fact Showtime AfterDark is getting BORING. It's like a lovefest. Not worth watching. It WAS worth watching when Diick was dumping ice tea over people's heads though. LOL

The Cake 94 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Cake Click to send private message to The%20Cake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
I personally love Evel in the house. He does make good tv. Think about it, if he wasn't there it would be extremely boring. Yes, I know he is mean & a bully, but his comments to the other hamsters are priceless. But, then again I love Hell's Kitchen too just for Ramsey's snarky remarks to the contestants.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-18-07, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
You're right about people SUCKING...but it's not America, it's CBS for repeatedly casting a complete group of morons every season.

I don't believe it's a case of ED having a "fan club" or a loyal bunch of groupies controlling America's Choice. It more a case of wanting Dustin out more than ED. Let's face it; we don't exactly have a bummer crop of HGs to choose from.

Sure ED has been crude and obnxious in everyone's face. But Dustin has shown his arrogance secretly in the DR and privately with Amber. Definitely the MO of a back-stabber.

Although both tactics show the negative character traits both possess, I feel the average person would "respect" a person that stabs them in the front as opposed to one that stabs them from behind. ED is the former; and Dustin is the latter. IMO, that more than anything, was reflected in the America's Choice vote.

On a final note, these mental idiots had an oppotunity to get rid of him the second week. It wasn't even a close vote...by an overwhelming majority of 9-1 ED remained in the House. With the lone vote against ED no longer playing, every HG gets what they deserve.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-18-07, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: America, YOU SUCK!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-07 AT 04:19 PM (EST)

Hey, I resemble that remark! Seriously though, I've been having a HECK of a time getting online @ CBS.COM/BB8 to vote on what we want Eric to do. I also understand there's some website like "America's Player Sucks" or "we hate America's Player" ; something akin to Sajaya's fans (?).....

MY vote has not been followed, so there! We don't ALL suck...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •