The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-13-07, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
Dear Sinners,

Your "faith" is no more than a feeble and sad attempt by you to use God as an enabling device for you to behave any way you want.

God is not your tool. Nor is He a big red "easy" button. And I'm pretty sure He doesn't work for Fleemco.

The Almighty, as such as there might be, does not have some grand plan that involves you winning a reality show.

I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to just be a good person. Saying things like, "Your mother's a bitch" or "Give me strength because that man is so mean" will not cause God to grant you any favors. I'm pretty sure it just pisses Him off. Any fortunate events during this show are either luck or they happened because you made the effort to improve your life.

He or His Son or somesuch reportedly came down to earth and was persecuted to the point of death, and you think that He cares if you go through a little emotional roller coaster while you're trying to win the grand prize on a game show? You're stupid. Really.

With nothing even remotely resembling love,

Your smile bothers me

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... Estee 08-13-07 1
   RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... rockdog 08-13-07 2
   RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... shanshan2007 08-14-07 23
       RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... shanshan2007 08-14-07 24
           RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... agman 08-14-07 25
 RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... newsomewayne 08-13-07 3
   RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... Snidget 08-13-07 4
       RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... Estee 08-13-07 5
       RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... newsomewayne 08-13-07 6
           RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... Snidget 08-13-07 7
   RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... zipperhead 08-13-07 8
       RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... bostonrobfan 08-13-07 11
           RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... zipperhead 08-14-07 13
               RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... newsomewayne 08-14-07 14
                   RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... zipperhead 08-14-07 16
                       RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... newsomewayne 08-14-07 19
                           RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... zipperhead 08-14-07 22
   RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... Dakota 08-13-07 9
 RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... sencnes 08-13-07 10
 RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... Colonel Zoidberg 08-14-07 12
   RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... J Slice 08-14-07 15
       RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... Colonel Zoidberg 08-14-07 20
           RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... J Slice 08-14-07 21
 RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... Vixxxen 08-14-07 17
 RE: An open letter to Jameka and Am... cahaya 08-14-07 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-13-07, 06:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
To paraphrase Stephen King in The Dead Zone, Amber doesn't want a deity: she wants a genie to come out of the lamp and give her three wishes.

Jameka is dangerous because she's incapable of debate. She knows what she believes: anything else has to be systematically clapped at (or, outside the cage, hit) until it stops trying to talk at her. Dick isn't exactly the best arguing partner, but Jameka is a validictorian non-graduate of the Bootz School Of Shut Up Or I'll Scream Some More, and it's going to make her impossible to deal with as the numbers wear down.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

rockdog 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-13-07, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rockdog Click to send private message to rockdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
I wish they would tell D!ck "You have a Devil tattooed on your back he is the father of the lie you should love us liars"

shanshan2007 51 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-07, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanshan2007 Click to send private message to shanshan2007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
Jameka doesn't HAVE to debate. I have found that it's people who know that their "beliefs" aren't quite standing the test who want to debate. It's people who are absolutely secure in their beliefs who don't need to or have the desire to debate. If you know you're right, the truth speaks for itself.

For example Diick knows that his "beliefs" aren't satisfying him. So, he almost has to convince HIMSELF under the guise of arguing with Jameka. People who need to argue or MAKE to other person believe what they do, or who NEED to defend their position are really trying to convince themselves, not the other person.

Jamkek doesn't need to do that.

shanshan2007 51 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-07, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanshan2007 Click to send private message to shanshan2007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
Having said that I see Amber as a wannabe believer. The problem is she doesn't seem to have been actually converted. Her actions still are of the world. I'm sorry, but someone who has had two abortions is not what I'd call "bearing good fruit". Unless she had them before she was born again. Then she should have repented for her sin, and she is forgiven. But she sure uses the GD phrase an awful lot for a Christian.

Jameka seems genuine. She seems convicted of when she does wrong, Amber doesn't.

Make no mistake Christians are not perfect. We're all sinners, they're just sinners saved by grace.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-07, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"

>someone who has had two
>abortions is not what I'd
>call "bearing good fruit".

And what gives you the right to judge her?

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-07, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
So showing that Christians are fallible, susceptible to anger and frustration and generally not-perfect (and a Christian should never suggest that they are perfect, which is something I don't think I've seen Jameka do, either) and then confessing it to God, asking for forgiveness and strength is somehow un-Christian?

You're right, saying those things about Dic's family isn't Christian. But as a fallible human myself, I can understand her frustration that led to it. I think Jameka realized it also, once she got away from the situation, which is why she took it to God in prayer.

Gee, taking a personal concern to God and asking forgiveness from Him for sins. Sounds completeley off-base from most of Christianity to me. </sarcasm>

Tributes to Wayne by Agman, 2007.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-07, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
If it was just "God forgive me for my sins and give me strength to be better" it wouldn't bother me.

God is telling me which guitars have the $ signs in them as evidence that God has predestined that one is God's chosen in teh game or using God's will as an excuse for a decision that you made in the game is what bothers me.

They also sometimes come off a bit like my game play is OK because I go to Church but yours is evil because you don't believe in Jesus. That bothers me. That they can't pull off the love thy neighbor as yourself or turn the other cheek in the face of Evel isn't a problem. That they seem to feel they are more worthy or deserving because they are God's Chosen and don't really have to try to treat the heathens the way they think they should be treated, bothers me.

I do think God cares how his children play any game and takes that into account when judgement day comes. I don't think he picks and choses which of His children are his favorites this week and rigs the game so they shall win. (Doesn't matter which game, I do not think He picks the Superbowl winners either although plenty of people seem to use their team winning as a sign of divine favor)

YMMV.

Cooling off with Agman!

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-07, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
I do not think He picks the Superbowl winners either although plenty of people seem to use their team winning as a sign of divine favor

This is going to turn into Steeler bashing again, isn't it?

Divine favor, no. Ref's favor, yes.

08-13-07, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
For the record, I don't disagree with your post. I just see things a little differently. And I don't get the live feeds, though I do read jokers quite a bit, so I definetely don't have "The Whole Picture".

God is telling me which guitars have the $ signs in them as evidence that God has predestined that one is God's chosen in teh game
I don't think it is beyond reasonable to think that God would bless a follower with a supernatural guidance, an angel-on-the-shoulder, so to speak. It's conceivable that Amber asked for strength and guidance in accordance with God's plan in this challenge and she received it. I'm not saying that God has determined who will win and is making it happen. I'm just saying that God does choose to bless people and maybe by leading Amber in this challenge, he blessed her. I agree with the "God doesn't care who wins a game" statements, but I believe that BB is more than just a game compared to, say, Monopoly. There is a good deal of 'life' in BB which makes bringing your faith into it fair game, IMO. Just because you are Christian who prays for guidance or strength doesn't mean God is going to give you the win; it also doesn'tmean that that is what you are asking (demanding?) of God.

I will admit that Amber's prayers seem selfish and/or misguided. Perhaps that is because she is, or seems to be, a relatively new Christian. Learning how to pray, what to pray, seeking God's will, and submitting to God's will are things all Christians have to learn.

using God's will as an excuse for a decision that you made in the game is what bothers me. Since I am neither God nor Jameka or Amber, I cannot defend this. I can see your perception of this. J/A should be more up front of what are their own decisions and what they feel to be the leading of God.

They also sometimes come off a bit like my game play is OK because I go to Church but yours is evil because you don't believe in Jesus. That bothers me. Understood. I think this comes out because ED tries to play just the opposite. I would like to see where Jameka lied for gameplay in the house - which is not to say it didn't happen, I just don't know about it.

I don't think he picks and choses which of His children are his favorites this week and rigs the game so they shall win. I agree. I do, though, think God can/will/does bless individuals in very specific ways when they seek Him. God is not a wish granting genie, but He does bless.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-07, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
I guess I usually see God's blessings as less tangible. Being able to have peace within oneself when one should be quite freaked out, or the strength to survive something terrible emotionally intact, etc. Although healing that can't be explained is fairly tangible, but still is out of magic Genie range for me.

How do you tell the difference between God and Occult/ESP which are usually considered of the Devil by the peeps I know that are the I gotta talk about how Christian I am all the time type. Some of them would see some of Amber's statements on the feeds and her knowing which guitar to pick as proof that she is being guided by something occult.

Some people are much more "New Agey" about Christianity than others. I just wonder if one believes most supernatural stuff is occult and demonic and makes you a witch that shall not be allowed to live (or however that bible verse reads), how do you know your supernatural stuff is really from God? Just because you want it to be so? I mean Satan lies and all that.

Seems more like she is using The Secret than The Bible as her model.

YMMV

08-13-07, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
I'm not going to get into a big religious debate with you here. You know the place for that.

I just think it is ridiculous when people like them get into a situation (i.e. getting cast in Big Brother), which they undoubtedly think God put them in for a reason, and then whine and cry over and over asking God to change the situation for them.

If God did bother to intervene and get them on the show in the first place, then they should just roll with the flow. Getting all upset about what is going on seems to me like they are second-guessing what God had in store for them from the beginning.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-13-07, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
But BB has used it to their advantage, adding the organ music to mock them. I think it just makes CBS look bad.

So, trying to be a good person and blowing your stack when someone continually attacks you, then asking forgiveness makes you less of a person than the person who continually attacks you?

08-14-07, 10:34 AM (EST)
13. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
No. I think everyone needs to blow their stack once in a while. That's perfectly acceptable. In fact, I am a firm believer in primal scream therapy.

However, I think it's ridiculous that Jameka and Amber pray to God for strength and virtue, or whatever they prayed for, and then follow Dick around the house and intentionally try to provoke him. I really, really doubt that is what God wants them to do. And yet they do it within a day or so of praying for guidance.

08-14-07, 10:44 AM (EST)
14. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
then follow ##### around the house and intentionally try to provoke him

examples, please.

08-14-07, 11:31 AM (EST)
16. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
Sunday night's episode. Y'know - where they followed him into the kitchen and then tried to get into a verbal pissing contest with him.

08-14-07, 12:42 PM (EST)
19. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
They followed him? From which room? The dining room right next to it? The breakfast bar? No, you'll have to do better than that.

And did they start it? I don't recall that they did, though I've been wrong before.

08-14-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
22. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
If I can find a Youtube of it, I'll post it.

Otherwise, you'll just have to trust me that on the show I watched, Dick was minding his business in the kitchen when Jameka and then Amber came and plopped themselves down in nearby chairs and they started bantering with him. He even said something like, "What, now you're going to follow me around the house?"

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-07, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
>So showing that Christians are fallible,
>susceptible to anger and frustration
>and generally not-perfect (and a
>Christian should never suggest that
>they are perfect, which is
>something I don't think I've
>seen Jameka do, either) and
>then confessing it to God,
>asking for forgiveness and strength
>is somehow un-Christian?

I agree. I also think that Christians should not use their faith to try to put themselves "above" others. I have to wonder why Jameka prays to the microphone instead of silently. In any case, I just want to reiterate that Christians aren't perfect, they're not just like Jesus. If they were, there would have been no need for Jesus.
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

sencnes 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-13-07, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sencnes Click to send private message to sencnes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
What I enjoy about these threads is even Zipperhead doesn't quiet grasp what it's all about. I too don't believe in using God as a tool to behave badly or the easy I win button.

Amber and Jameka have one problem, they are using God in a way God doesn't want to be used.

If you take a part from The Lord Pray
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.

I have not seen Amber or Jameka forgive ##### or anyone else for what they have said to either Amber or Jameka. The most common prey out there holding the key to God attention and people now and days forget this most vital statement.

The Lord will only forgive those you can forgive themselves and forgive those who have done to them. If you take solid believe in Christianity remember what Jesus said while hanging on the cross.

"Forgive them Father for they know not what they are doing"

I hope Amber and Jameka read this one day and then look back on what they did in the House and then hang their head in shame. If they want strength and forgiven for treating anyone like they have, they need to forgive those first.

The stupid thing about all this is, Evil-D LOVES this, he thrives on it. If Amber and Jameka just said "It's OK ##### I forgive you and therefor the Lord forgives you as well." And leave it at that. He may have some comment about it but there is no retaliation to it.

Evil-D wants to see conflict, it distracts from his pompous behavior.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-14-07, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
Let's see...Jameka, Amber, and Kail were extreme Christians. None shut up about it. Evil won't shut up about his atheism. There's only one other person in the house who seems to have a religion, and he's said a grand total of one thing about it in the house, I think.

Thank God/Buddha/Vishnu/Flying Spaghetti Monster that Eric, at least, is shutting his pie-hole about his religion. At least someone is. The rest of the house could take a serious cue from him.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-07, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
But he's an evil evil Jew!

With an evil Jewish last name!

I bet he hoards his money, just like Waaahmber says!

muahahaha! We Jews control the MEDIA!

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-14-07, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
But he's an evil evil Jew!
With an evil Jewish last name!

I don't even know what his last name is...or if he hoards anything other than nipple rings...

You're probably right about him being evil, though...

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-07, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
It's Stein. I actually very seriously thought he was the brother of a couple guys I went to hebrew school with, so I checked, just in case.

(he isn't)

I'm a Jew with an English last name, so I can continue hoarding money, gold teeth, and Christian babies with aplomb.

Vixxxen 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-14-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vixxxen Click to send private message to Vixxxen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-07 AT 12:03 PM (EST)

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-07, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: An open letter to Jameka and Amber"
Oh, Lordy.

Caged by Snidget

And if one of them does win and wonders what to do with the money, they should follow one religious financial expert's advice: Jesus saves.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •