The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-08-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Why it is she's so popular is absolutely beyond me. Frankly, we ought to be overjoyed that this overrated bimbo is out before she got the chance to be put over coals by the house (though they would probably just act all fake to her with the "You were such a great competitor" horse-hockey.)

Let's dispel the myth of Janelle as a great competitor, shall we? If she was such a great competitor, how did she get roasted in the last HOH competition by Boogie, of all people? I could have beaten her time with one hand tied behind my back, and I'm 6'3" and 270 lbs and probably would have trouble maneuvering in that equipment.

That veto she won to save herself at F10? She didn't win it; the Legion of Doom screwed around and showed how colossally incompetent they were at competitions. it's not hard to win a POV if everyone just hands it to you. Same with the last veto. Boogie didn't give a damn and neither did Will. The star of that round was Erika for planting seeds in Janelle's head, not Janelle for putting together a bunc hof stars in the right order. Wow, you know things about your fellow houseguests. People as boring as Vecepia Towery have been using that strategy for as long as I can remember. And remember, who were you really up against? Boogie and Will didn't care. You beat Erika. Whoop-dee-damn-doo; one of you had to win. And if not for Erika's brilliant...well, pleas, she would be in the jury house, Boogie would take Will to F2, and Janelle would have been just another bonehead who got played by Will.

And until the HOH competitions are anything better than arbitrary guessing games, for her to win four HOH titles is hardly impressive. Big deal. Chicken George even won one, and he couldn't win a competition if everyone else had to find a low-carb cure for polio before he could put an egg in a bucket. He won because Danielle couldn't count past 308, which is a pretty high number for anyone in that house not named Will. Not that I dislike Chicken George; I was rooting for him. But let's get something straight here - he came into this house with no strategy and managed to finish fifth. He wanted it. He wanted it badly enough to eat slop for the rest of his time in the house. How far would Janelle have gone on the slop diet? All I know is we wouldn't be claiming she was fat; we'd be comparing her to Nicole Richie. And she wouldn't stand a chance in the veto competitions.

I've been waiting all season for Janelle to leave. It finally happened, and even if she finished third, she's gone, and I can be happy. Now she can work on cutting back to three packs a day or something productive, not that anything monumental like that will make her the least bit attractive. Sadly, the brainwashed fans will vote Janelle the 25K when she hasn't done a thing to earn it. And scarier still, what if CBS brings her back next season? If they do, my TV will have a large boot-shaped hole in the screen.

That's all. Janelle should be dunked in cold pickle brine seven times and covered in sand. That might make for good TV. Legion of Janelle persons, bring your worst. Zoidberg has spoken.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! bacon 09-08-06 1
   hey bacon shakes the clown 09-08-06 3
       RE: hey bacon bacon 09-08-06 4
       RE: hey bacon Colonel Zoidberg 09-08-06 6
   RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! courtney_kx_7 12-06-06 30
 RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! nailbone 09-08-06 2
   RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! Colonel Zoidberg 09-08-06 5
       RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! nailbone 09-08-06 12
           RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! Colonel Zoidberg 09-08-06 15
   RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! nazpink 09-08-06 16
 RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! LIVEURBESTLIFE 09-08-06 7
   RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! bacon 09-08-06 8
       RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! LIVEURBESTLIFE 09-08-06 10
           RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! JoshInSGV 09-08-06 19
       RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! Captain_Savem 09-08-06 17
           RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! alwaysintruble1 09-08-06 20
   RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! Colonel Zoidberg 09-08-06 9
       RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! LIVEURBESTLIFE 09-08-06 11
           RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! mikren 09-08-06 13
               RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! JoshInSGV 09-08-06 22
           RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! Colonel Zoidberg 09-08-06 14
 RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! mia rules18 09-08-06 18
   RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! SweetPolly 09-08-06 21
       RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! hammertimeman 09-08-06 23
       RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! mia rules18 09-08-06 25
   RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! JoshInSGV 09-08-06 24
       RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! SweetPolly 09-08-06 26
           RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! JoshInSGV 09-08-06 27
               RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! mia rules18 09-08-06 28
                   RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! Mr Black 09-08-06 29
                       RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN! agman 05-06-07 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-08-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Man, what a bitter post. I have never been apart of this LOJ stuff, but I was rooting for either Janelle or Will to win this thing from the beginning. I'll try to disect this with a rational head.

Janelle is very good at competitions. You can spin each one she won in a thousand different ways and make it look like it wasn't impressive, but ultimately winning that many competitions throughout the show is pretty impressive. It's especially impressive when you consider that she basically did it two seasons in a row.

I want to focus on the excuses for her wins to show you how nuts all that sounded. Here's how someone could have spun it to look like the Texas Longhorns didn't deserve to win a national title last year in college football, which I show in the following paragraph.

"The Texas Longhorns were basically handed a championship last year. First off, Oklahoma wasn't as good as usual and basically that game was a gimmie. They play Baylor every year, give me a break! They were so so so lucky to knock off Ohio State on the road last year. Did you see that lucky game winning pass Vince Young threw just before it ended? Pure luck! And Oklahoma State totally had them beat. They basically allowed Texas to come from behind and win. And that championship game against USC? USC just flatout got cocky. Texas didn't win it as much as USC lost it."

See how dumb all that sounds when you string it all together? It makes something that was pretty impressive look unimpressive by virtue of the writer's complete opinion. That's basically what you did with Janelle's multiple victories in competitions. You can call her a crappy gameplanner, and I wouldn't argue a bit. But to call her an average, lucky, or bad competitor in challenges is just flat out dumb.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-08-06, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "hey bacon"
>"The Texas Longhorns were basically handed
>a championship last year. First
>off, Oklahoma wasn't as good
>as usual and basically that
>game was a gimmie. They
>play Baylor every year, give
>me a break! They were
>so so so lucky to
>knock off Ohio State on
>the road last year. Did
>you see that lucky game
>winning pass Vince Young threw
>just before it ended? Pure
>luck! And Oklahoma State totally
>had them beat. They basically
>allowed Texas to come from
>behind and win. And that
>championship game against USC? USC
>just flatout got cocky. Texas
>didn't win it as much
>as USC lost it."
>

..I'm a little suprised you used this as an example instead of going with a more obvious one closer to home, namely how the Steelers were handed the Super Bowl by the worst refing job since the 1972 Olympic Basketball game.

Or maybe you didn't use the Steelers cause when you string all those bad calls togehter it really doesn't look like a ridiculuous statement, it actually looks pretty genuine.

On the other hand, your Steelers looked pretty good last night and that was w/ Batch at QB. So maybe this year you can win it legitimately :-P

09-08-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: hey bacon"
We all know that the Steelers are the greatest team in the history of mankind. Frankly, I think they should be handed a trophy every year.

But that being said I totally agree with you that they looked pretty good last night and will win it again.

On the other hand, your Steelers looked pretty good last night and that was w/ Batch at QB. So maybe this year you can win it

-Smartest comment shakes has ever made

09-08-06, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: hey bacon"
>On the other hand, your Steelers
>looked pretty good last night
>and that was w/ Batch
>at QB. So maybe
>this year you can win
>it legitimately :-P

They didn't have to look good when the Dolphins' offensive line looked like Swiss cheez. Sheesh, Daunte Culpepper spent more time on his back than Paris Hilton on camera at a kegger.

courtney_kx_7 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-06-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail courtney_kx_7 Click to send private message to courtney_kx_7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
janelle was a great competitor. she is a master manipulator. her and will should get married

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Wow. That's a lot of hate for someone you only know from what you see on TV.

The main thing I like about Janelle is that she's honest. She played for her alliances, no matter what James (who didn't) said. And she seemed to legitimately care about her friends in the house (and probably outside it, too).

And she was by far the hottest woman in BBAS.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

09-08-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
First off, you could make an argument for any of the females, save for maybe Alison and Nakomis, for being the "hottest." It depends on your taste. When I first saw Danielle in BB3, I thought she was very attractive. I still say she's easier on the eyes than Janelle, though I wouldn't hands-down call any of the female All-Stars "attractive." (Part of that is I am getting married in three months; part of that is that it seems like all of them smoke and that's a huge deal-breaker for me. Part of that is that some of them seem made out of plastic. Anywho, it's not the reason I watch the show. Yes, I know it's like reading Playboy for the articles, but whatever.)

Janelle's honest, granted. So is her alliance. That's why her entire alliance in BB6 was beloved; they were honest while the rest of them were fake. OK, not Cappy, but Cappy was a buffoon. Janelle just didn't seem to stand out in that regard; she was surrounded by the outspoken Howie, the brutally obnoxious Ivette (whose self-inclusion in the Nerd Herd seems to baffle even her,) the possibly perverse Michael, and my personal favorite - the delightfully evil Kaysar. People even knew where they stood with James. To call Janelle "honest" is to call an MIT student a "geek." Both are seen as admirable qualities, and they should be, but in their circle, they are shared by enough people that it really seems to be downplayed.

Also, while we're on the subject of only knowing her on TV, we make judgments about people like that all the time. Notice that I wasn't calling her a "horrible person" and didn't claim she "should be shot." Being annoying on a reality show is far different from a lot of evils out there, but she showed us who she is on TV, and therefore, she is subject to judgment for it. It is her risk to be judged; it is our responsibility to judge reasonably. Frankly, to me, Janelle seems to be the reality TV equivalent of ketchup. She appeals to a lot of people, but at least for me, she's extremely unpleasant.

Just because there is a dissenting voice about a highly popular player doesn't mean that I should be silenced. Nor does it mean I am wrong. Or crazy. And comparing Janelle to the 2005 Longhorns is a bit much. The 2002 Buckeyes make more sense; this was a team that should have been finished on several occasions and were "almost" beaten constantly. Also, they were only co-champs of their league, and Iowa was also 8-0 in the Big Ten; the Buckeyes didn't even have to play them! They also benefitted from a delayed call in OT in the Fiesta Bowl. Plus they have Northwestern AND Indiana in their conference. Overrated much? No, not really. Just goes to show that you can poke holes in anything, no matter how great it's shown to be. You can even poke holes in Will's game, and I find it hard to rank anyone a greater player than he.

Janelle was a heck of a competitor. But like the 2002 Buckeyes, she was against a few Northwesterns and Indianas in the house. Not everyone was an Iowa or Michigan. A few were, and she beat them fair and square, but that F10 veto competition was a little like the Buckeyes beating Michigan while Michigan's star quarterback was out with a hamstring injury; they weren't going at full speed. I look at that competition as the house's golden opportunity to be free of Janelle, and they didn't take it. They fumbled the ball, and Janelle ran it back to the 1-yard line before Boogie tackled her.

OK, enough college football references. I'm still annoyed at how bad the Dolphins looked last night.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-06 AT 02:56 PM (EST)

all of them smoke and that's a huge deal-breaker for me.

Me, too, if I was dating them. Not so much for just looking.

Yes, I know it's like reading Playboy for the articles, but whatever.)

LOL!!

Just because there is a dissenting voice about a highly popular player doesn't mean that I should be silenced. Nor does it mean I am wrong. Or crazy.

Yeah, it does. Especially when you're going against one of my faves.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

09-08-06, 03:21 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
>Me, too, if I was dating
>them. Not so much
>for just looking.

That's one area where we differ. I couldn't bear to watch them smoke, and it looked to me like that's all they did. And it seemed to be a female thing; I don't recall a single member of the male cast that smoked (Jase maybe, but I don't think he did.) Aside from that, Erika had been a former smoker entering the house, and she picked it up again. If that doesn't scream stupid, I don't know what does. There are a thousand things you can do to relieve stress in the house; it seemed to me that the houseguests knew only three - smoke, go ballistic on each other, and act like a total lunatic. Sadly, more people didn't choose the latter. Bravo to Will because he did.

>Yeah, it does. Especially when
>you're going against one of
>my faves.

I wish that had been known when people ripped Rupert during PI. Rupert-bashers didn't come out right away, but if I had known they were all crazy because Rupert was one of my faves, I would have said something. Oh well, you live, you learn, you grow a pirate beard.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-08-06, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Well, if Janelle is "honest" than what we see on t.v. would be exactly what we would get in the real world wouldn't it? So, in that aspect I guess it's fair to judge. Secondly, although Janelle was more honest than some she wasn't completely honest, of course I didn't expect her to be considering it was just a game. I recall her saying she would tell George anything because hey she needed someone to join her and Howie, plus she lied to Kaysar and James about not wanting Erika or Diane to win POV and Howie called her out on it.

As for Janelle being or not being the best at competitions well that's just not something I care to argue. She's no less deserving than any of the other contestants, since competitions were thrown and others directed the win in a certain direction and that direction wasn't always towards Janelle.

I personally don't despise Janelle, but I can't say that she should get America's Vote. To me that should be reserved for those who had a thought in their head. Janelle did whatever Kaysar wanted and when he was booted she turned to Will to take his place. I don't think winning competitions or the amount of wins should even be criteria for a social game.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-08-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Colonel Z I liked your post and thought it was funny and harmless.

I didn't think it was mean spirited or hate filled.

I think you make a good point about Janelle. Sure she won comps but when a good number of people are throwing the comps it makes the win alot less impressive.

Case in point is when Boogie tried to win he won against Janelle. Boogie was pretty good at comps when he actually played to win. He was doing very well in the doll POV but threw it so Jani could win.

And like you I have also been waiting for Janelle to leave. With all those "wins" she still managed to completely screw up the game. Her entire alliance and her friends were all voted out despite all her "wins".

09-08-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
I think you make a good point about Janelle. Sure she won comps but when a good number of people are throwing the comps it makes the win alot less impressive.

I don't think anyone was throwing competitions. Did it ever occur to anyone that Will is just very bad at physical activities and he just plays it off like he's not trying? I know Will has confessed on several occasions that he didn't care if he lost. But that's pretty dumb in and of itself. It's especially dumb when you get down to the final four or five people. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that winning competitions are very important when the numbers are small. Will simply wasn't good at the competitions and he played it off as if he wasn't trying.

09-08-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Well we weren't talking about Will. But since you brought him up. He threw comps and so did Boogie. But Boogie won when he needed to. The last POV Will didn't even try to win it. He said so and it looked like he wasnt trying. He got way too cocky.

Several comps were rigged for a pre-determined "winner". The morphing POV was thrown by Boogie and won by Janie. The doll POV was thrown by Boogie and Janelle won. The graveyard POV was thrown by CT and won by Janelle.

Pretty easy to win when your opponents aren't trying.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-08-06, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
What you seem to forget is that Boogie, Will and Janelle weren't the only ones competing. At different times in the game, she was also competing against Erika, Danielle, James, Jase, Diane, Nakomis, and Alison. I'm pretty sure that all these people wanted to win as well, and therefore were not throwing competitions on a regular basis, yet Janelle still managed to win. The arguments have no validity considering that Janelle continued to win, not just on this season, but last year as well, where there was no CT to allegedly throw the competitons in her favor.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Did it ever occur to anyone that Will is just very bad at physical activities and he just plays it off like he's not trying?

For the record, on Housecalls Wednesday, Gretchen asked Will that very question, "Do you really throw comps, or do you just suck at them?"

Will's response: "A little of both. I really do suck at competitions.....I'm more of a strategist."

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Now you know that we can't believe anything that comes out of the good Dr's mouth. I'm sure he was lying then as well.

Geesh, the stuff you LoJers will come up with next.

/sarcasm

Everyone keeps talking about CT throwing the comps to let Janelle win. While I'm sure they might not have been trying as hard as they could all the time, I'm also sure that there were a few other people competing in those comps each time.

But then again, I'm sure that everyone in the house was throwing everything just so Janelle could win a few nine comps.

If we are what we eat, I'm fast, cheap and easy.

09-08-06, 01:07 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
I guess I don't get this one thing - Janelle is regarded as an awesome player for saving herself in competitions. Why is the same not afforded to Terry from Exile Island? He could do it all. He was honest, and he spoke his mind. He confornted people when he thought they were wrong. People didn't necessarily side with him because he wasn't as good at the social aspect of the game, but he was a strong player no less. Janelle is, in a way, the BB equivalent of Terry. And it's not as if Terry wasn't against his share of weaklings as well.

Funny thing is, I rooted for Terry, but then again, most of Casaya bored me. Maybe people like Janelle and Terry are judged by their opponents.

09-08-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Terry is not regarded as a great player because he made strategic errors. Terry had the immunity idol and if he had lost a comp he would have been able to get rid of his major competition Aras. Instead he held on to the idol til it wasn't any good.

He also didn't have good interpersonal skills. He thought all he needed was to win comps and he would stay in the game. What he really needed was some use social skill so people would like him and want to include him in thier alliance.

He and Janie have alot in common. Neither focused enough on the social aspects of the game. In the end the social part of the game will get you the money not the comps.

mikren 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-08-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikren Click to send private message to mikren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
A few points I would like to make -

1. The comps on this show sucked.
2. In some cases the comps were rigged towards the desired winner's strengths.
3. The interesting aspect to this show is the scheming and plotting necessary to put yourself in a position to win, not who is best at comps. I would rather see fun, more physically based and elaborate comps with enough randomness involved that everyone has a roughly equal chance. (there were a few of these). i.e. where even the most spastic could luck out and win and the most athletic could easily lose. Thereby in theory giving everyone a chance to win HoH or Veto. Assignment of HoH or Veto is simply a mechanism to get "the game" i.e. the scheming and plotting, rolling, not to see who has the best memory or who is good at playing games. There are plenty of game shows which all suck if you really care about who is good at comps.

09-08-06, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
The competitions are equally important as the social aspect, especially towards the end of the game. Why did Will get evicted? He didn't win POV. Why did Janelle get evicted? She didn't win HOH. These lossses show the importance of winning competitons. They are the only thing that grant you immunity, which is essential to survive when you're down to the finals.

09-08-06, 03:16 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
In both cases, they failed to get to the final vote due to two things. First, they didn't establish a good relationship with those in the final two. Well, they kind of did, but Janelle's relationship with Erika was equivalent to Terry's relationship with Danielle. Both were last-minute efforts that never came through. Granted, Erika didn't actually evict Janelle, but some speculate that she tanked the competition knowing she was out. Danielle thought about aligning with Terry because Aras and Cirie were close; she didn't take him to the F2 in the end, opting for tribe loyalty.

Both Terry and Janelle were also seen as surefire winners in the final vote. If Mike takes Janelle, he loses, plain and simple, and if Janelle gets in Will's head, it's unanimous. Judging by the straw poll in EI, if Danielle took Terry, she was just as dead, getting only Bruce and Cirie's votes. So yes, they were phenomenal challenge competitors, but both came down with Buffalo Bills syndrome and lost when it counted.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-08-06, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
I've been wanting to say this for awhile...Janelle is mean. I will never forget last year when she called Ivette's girlfriend ugly in a confessional. There was no call for that...calling someone not in the game on national TV ugly is just mean and wrong. I hope she felt awful when she found out that Ivette's girlfriend had nothing but nice things to say about Janelle. But probably not, she is very vain and too wrapped up in herself. No wonder her and Howie get along so well.

SweetPolly 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-08-06, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SweetPolly Click to send private message to SweetPolly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Yep. I remember that. I also remember how disappointed I
was with her then, 'cause it was just truly mean and
uncalled for. Nobody's perfect, though, and I personally
think that the other houseguests have said far worse things.
Look at how badly Marcellas acted! The awful things he said
about Janelle, and she thinks he's her 'friend'. Sucks.

Long story short, if you judge on cruel comments, you can't
possibly like any of them. All of them have been cruel at
one time or another, with possibly an exception or two..

hammertimeman 39 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hammertimeman Click to send private message to hammertimeman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
janelle is awsome what r u talking about

09-08-06, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Yes, most all of them have said cruel things about each other in the house... that's one thing, if you sign up to be on any reality show especially BB you pretty much have to know that the fellow contestants will say mean or hurtful things about you at some point. I just think ranking on people not involved in the game is just awful. They have no way to defend themselves, they're not on TV.

09-08-06, 06:32 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Perhaps you missed the part where Janelle apologized for calling Ivette's girlfriend ugly. Everyone says mean things about other people. Isn't that the reason why all of us come to these boards? The difference is that some people seem to gloat in their meanness and do it for the purpose of hurting and humiliating others. (ie Howie's rant against George in sequester). Janelle apologized to Ivette's girlfriend, even though she didnt have to considering that Ivette had been a b!tch to Janelle the entire season.

SweetPolly 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-08-06, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SweetPolly Click to send private message to SweetPolly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Hey, I DID miss that! I didn't know she apologized, but it makes me happy to know that, 'cause I really like Janelle.

Booger, OTOH... Can you believe that nasty diary room incident last night? Calling Erika a HO and saying he "used that girl up" and that was all she was good for. Now, talk about your
'mean' SOBs. He takes the cake. My fingers feel all slimy just TYPING about him!

09-08-06, 08:07 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Like I said, we all say mean things about other people. It's part of life and part of being human. When you go into the BB house, it's expected that someone will talk trash about you. But, I give credit to those who can own up to their trash talk and apologize for some of the hurtful things that they've said once they leave the house. This was the big difference between Ivette and Maggie last year. Ivette acknowledged that she made many mistakes in the game and that she said many things that were hurtful. I can respect that. Maggie, on the other hand, always acted like she was Mother Theresa reincarnated. Her holier-than-thou attitude was truly disgusting.

Now... when it comes to Boogie, I hope that he's man enough to admit that some of the things that he said about Erika were extremelly cruel and harsh. If he doesn't own up to all his trash talk, then he's a bigger piece of sh!t than I think he is.

09-08-06, 08:15 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Agreed, I believe Ivette did get a bad rap last year, and I actually would have liked to see her in the house this year...I voted for her and was a bit surprised that she didn't get in and Erika did. Now Erika's in the finals...go figure.

Mr Black 29 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Black Click to send private message to Mr%20Black Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
Me thinks we're all forgetting that this is a game; a dirty game albeit, but nonetheless, still a game! The smartest, cutest, overall Best Player, etc., (according to one's judgements) will never satisfy everyone. I personally wanted Chicken George to win because I like nice people who make me smile! However, I did think that Will, Mike, and Janelle would be in the last three. Although I've Never been a fan of Janelle, I gained a lot of respect for her when she voted out Will...my second favorite. We're left with two of my Least favorite people-Boogie & Erika. I SO dislike Boogie, that I would like Erika to win, but it would be, FOR ME, a shallow victory! Why we watch these insane reality shows is a mystery to me (addictive but FUN)!! MAY THE BEST HE/SHE/IT WIN!!!!!!!!

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-07, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Janelle...SHUT DOWN AGAIN!"
this show has always sucked

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •