The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fair Question?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-08-06, 05:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fedcamper Click to send private message to fedcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fair Question?"
I know I will incur wrath for suggesting this, but- was the question Boogie got right and Erika got wrong fair? They were asked to choose whether Will was more surprised by the accelerated eviction or his own eviction. As far as Erika knew, Will was taken completely off guard when Janelle voted him off, but he had privately told Boogie he suspected it was coming. Therefore, Booger was privy to information the Erika was not on this specific topic. Seems like a small thing, until you consider half a million dollars was at stake.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fair Question? HistoryDetective 09-08-06 1
   RE: Fair Question? fedcamper 09-08-06 2
       RE: Fair Question? HistoryDetective 09-08-06 3
           Yep Breezy 09-08-06 5
   Even if... michel 09-08-06 4
   RE: Fair Question? LIVEURBESTLIFE 09-08-06 6
       RE: Fair Question? casual labor 09-08-06 7
           RE: Fair Question? HistoryDetective 09-08-06 8
               RE: Fair Question? SweetPolly 09-08-06 9
               RE: Fair Question? Captain_Savem 09-08-06 10
           RE: Fair Question? annabananna 09-11-06 12
 RE: Fair Question? Elaine0 09-08-06 11
 RE: Fair Question? joannie 09-13-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-06, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fair Question?"
A major portion of the game is building up relationships with the other hamsters in order to exchange information. This is information that Erika could have garnered had she worked harder to establish a relationship with Will instead of simply relying on pillow talk with Booger as her link to the master manipulator. It's not the fault of the producers that Booger had more conversations with Will than Erika did.

Besides, how do we know that other houseguests did not have conversations about their questions topics with Erika but not Will. Maybe, for instance, James had a long history of making snotty comments about Marcellus being the prettiest girl in the house, but making those comments to Erika but not Boogie. Same goes for any of the other questions.

Even more than her failure to forge a stronger relationship with Will, Erika's downfall on that question was pride. As you noted, Will was pretty certain his eviction was coming once he saw Erika and Janelle comparing notes. Erika wanted to feel as though she really had fooled Will and Booger, played them like they played her, so it was inconceivable to her that Will would not be surprised by his eviction.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-08-06, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fedcamper Click to send private message to fedcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fair Question?"
I thought of that,too- the winner of that comp would be the one with the greater insight. BUT, it still remains that BB is always watching- they know pretty much who says what to whom. Granted, they may not be able to track all the whisperings that go on, but they knew about THAT conversation for sure and still used that particular question. Just seems like poor judgment to me.

09-08-06, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fair Question?"
Possibly. Haven't they done these stupid questions for the third part of the final HOH for the past couple of seasons? I always thought they were pretty stupid in general.

Don't discount the possibility that Erika wanted to throw the competition so Booger would be forced to evict Janelle and she would not have to go back on her promise to her.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Yep"
I'm sure Erika threw it, she probably tried to get a couple questions wrong. She wants Janie's vote, that wouldn't happen if she was the one to evict Janie after swearing on family members.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Even if..."
Besides HD's points, was Erika really trying to get it right anyway? She gets one jury vote just by being the loser.

Even if at one point, she did say she wanted to get Boogie out, it could be she was playing to the camera to get some pride back.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-08-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fair Question?"
You hit the nail on the head with that post. The reason for asking those type of questions is to test the knowledge of and relationships you have with other HG's.

I didn't see it as unfair at all. Besides, many of the questions are based how well you think you know someone. They are not really based on conversations that may or may not have been had between HG's.

casual labor 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-08-06, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail casual%20labor Click to send private message to casual%20labor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fair Question?"
True, the questions are based on relationships built in the BB house and how well you got to know someone....inside the house.

However, given that Boogie and Will are in a close relationship outside of the house, and were working together from day 1, manipulating, lying all the way through the game. It would be unfair to ask a question about Will that you are the only one privy to his true feelings.

At least that's the first thing that I thought of when the question was asked.

09-08-06, 05:53 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Fair Question?"
Wasn't the question:

Which surprised Will more?

A. The lightning eviction round; or

B. His own eviction.

Now, since an evictee is required to leave the house within one minute of being evicted, I don't imagine that Will and Booger had much of a chance to have a private conversation about which one of these surprised Will more.

SweetPolly 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-08-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SweetPolly Click to send private message to SweetPolly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fair Question?"
>Now, since an evictee is required
>to leave the house within
>one minute of being evicted,
>I don't imagine that Will
>and Booger had much of
>a chance to have a
>private conversation about which one
>of these surprised Will more.
>

Nooooo. But....Fedcamper already addressed that in the original post:

"As far as Erika knew, Will was taken completely off guard when Janelle voted him off, but he had privately told Boogie he suspected it was coming. Therefore, Booger was privy to information the Erika was not on this specific topic."

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-08-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fair Question?"
I don't imagine that Will and Booger had much of a chance to have a private conversation about which one of these surprised Will more.

Nor would they have to. Since Boogie knew Will wasn't really suprised about his own eviction there was only one obvious answer.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

annabananna 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-11-06, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annabananna Click to send private message to annabananna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Fair Question?"

>
>"However, given that Boogie and Will
>are in a close relationship
>outside of the house, and
>were working together from day
>1, manipulating, lying all the
>way through the game.
>It would be unfair to
>ask a question about Will
>that you are the only
>one privy to his true
>feelings."

I disagree. By this reasoning, BB can ask a question about any of the HG except Will since he and Boogie are friends outside the house. Maybe Erica is close friends with one of the other HG and knew more about her/him than Boogie. We know many of the allstars are friends or at least know each other before the season began. Did it give Boogie an advantage on this question? Maybe, but other questions could have been slanted toward Erica and we know nothing about those connections.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-08-06, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Fair Question?"
Since Erika told Boogie she was going to throw the comp to him and said after the comp that the only question that was hard was the one the both got wrong about Marcellas, it doesn't really matter.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-13-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Fair Question?"
Boogie told Erika that the only reason he got that question right was because he knew that Will would vote for the OPPOSITE of what was true!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •