The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Pez 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-06-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pez Click to send private message to Pez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
Season after season ChenBot seems to screw up her explanation of the rules during critical competitions. Boogie asked if they needed to keep both hands on the key. ChenBot replied, "for now". WTF does for now mean? Her original instructions were that you needed to hold onto your key...and not let your feet touch the floor. In my opinion Janelle never faulted and she was screwed by ChenBot's reoccurring incompetence.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... DeltaPin 09-06-06 1
   RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... Snidget 09-06-06 2
       RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... Pez 09-07-06 6
 RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... bacon 09-06-06 3
   RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... nailbone 09-06-06 4
       RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... samboohoo 09-07-06 9
   RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... Pez 09-07-06 5
       RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... Sues 09-07-06 7
       RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... zipperhead 09-07-06 11
           RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... MajorImpact 09-07-06 13
               RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... chappi66 09-07-06 14
       RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... bacon 09-07-06 12
 RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... true 09-07-06 8
 RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... chappi66 09-07-06 10
   RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... nazpink 09-07-06 15
       RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... qwertypie 09-07-06 16
           RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... AyaK 09-08-06 21
 RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... Captain_Savem 09-07-06 17
   RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... nailbone 09-07-06 18
 RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... hammertimeman 09-07-06 19
   RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... MarkP 09-07-06 20
       RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... AyaK 09-08-06 22
 RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... hammertimeman 09-08-06 23
   RE: Just once I would like ChenBot ... hammertimeman 09-09-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DeltaPin 55 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeltaPin Click to send private message to DeltaPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
I suspect the "For now" comment, which was probably fed to her, meant later in the competition they would be allowed to shift their grip.

Funny how CBS had that big volcano structure built only to have it used for about one minute.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-06-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
Yep, they usually change the rules during an endurance comp to make it harder to maintain your hold on the whatever.

So "for now" implies they may change that to something else later on when the producers get bored and want to up the torture a notch.

09-07-06, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pez Click to send private message to Pez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
>Yep, they usually change the rules
>during an endurance comp to
>make it harder to maintain
>your hold on the whatever.
>
>
>So "for now" implies they may
>change that to something else
>later on when the producers
>get bored and want to
>up the torture a notch.
>

Yes, but it makes no sense to be penalized for holding the key with one hand at the beginning of the competition if they are only going to tell you some time later in the competition that you can only hold the key with one hand to make things more difficult.

I really think the rule was intended to be that you must be touching the key with at least one hand at all times. I think that she misspoke when Booger asked for clarification. Once she said "for now" the producers committed to her vague response.

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-06-06, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
I actually thought the rules were pretty clear. "For Now" means that you keep both hands on the key until someone says otherwise. I could tell Janelle was going to let go because she kept strangely figiting with her grip throughout the competition.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-06, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
I thought the same. Even after the question was asked and answered, she moved her hands around so much that Julie had to specifically ask if she was ready. I don't think she ever understood. But at the same time, I think she removed her hand only because she lost focus when Booger let go.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-06, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
Exactly.

Janie never really looked comfortable. Erika had it in the bag from the start. I'm not saying it was set up for her, but she looked natural and comfortable. Janie never did. I figured Mike would drop out, but I didn't think it would be that quickly.

Thanks Tribe!

09-07-06, 01:36 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
>I actually thought the rules were
>pretty clear. "For Now" means
>that you keep both hands
>on the key until someone
>says otherwise. I could tell
>Janelle was going to let
>go because she kept strangely
>figiting with her grip throughout
>the competition.

"Until someone says otherwise" means "Until someone says otherwise", "For Now" does not mean sh*t...there is no clarity to it. If she had actually verbalized "You must keep both hands on the key" during her explanation of the rules that would be one thing, but all she did was respond to Booger's question with a vague response..."for now". Her response at the very least should have been "Yes, you must keep both hands on your key at all times". They should redo this competition just like the last one that she F'd up.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-07-06, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
yeah, but they won't because it's too near the end. I didn't mind her in past years, but this year I find her really bi%chy and extremely annoying. Is she trying to do the Jeff Probst 'harda$$' persona? Cause it ain't workin....

I really hope they ditch her and get someone with an actual personality.....

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-07-06, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
It's really a matter of common sense. The key was directly above their heads. Since they were told to stand with their backs to the volcano, then why the hell would anyone want to use just one hand to hold on to begin the competition? That would be a lot more awkward than using both hands. So, even from the standpoint of wanting to do the best, you would want to use two hands.

MajorImpact 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-07-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MajorImpact Click to send private message to MajorImpact Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
>It's really a matter of common sense.
>why the hell would anyone want to use just one hand
>to hold on to begin the competition?
>even from the standpoint of wanting to do the best,
>you would want to use two hands.

I disagree. Since it was an endurance event that was expected to last several hours, holding onto the key with both hand right from the beginning would wreak havoc on your shoulders in the long term. Using just one hand you could alternate and always have a non-fatigued shoulder available.

chappi66 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-07-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chappi66 Click to send private message to chappi66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
>I disagree. Since it was
>an endurance event that was
>expected to last several hours,
>holding onto the key with
>both hand right from the
>beginning would wreak havoc on
>your shoulders in the long
>term. Using just one
>hand you could alternate and
>always have a non-fatigued shoulder
>available.

I agree with Zipperhead. First of all we did not get to see enough of what the Volcano was suppose to do to get a really good grasp of the competition. Because it was an endurance competition, I do think that holding on with both hand is a completely logically start, considering the volcano would probably either started to vibrate or move or explode in some way. Holding on with two hands at the start is easier. Then they would have made them remove one of the hands and it still would have been exploding or moving or whatever. They have never had an endurance competition where they have stood there for 6 hours and not had things move or stuff fall on them or whatever. Both hands to start is the most logic and they all should have remembered that from past competitions.

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-07-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-06 AT 11:53 AM (EST)

I'll agree on one point. Boogie shouldn't have had to ask if the contestants needed to keep both hands on the key. Julie should have pointed that out before they even climbed the volcano.

Other than that, give me a break! Your explanation of what "for now" means is pretty much something a 4 year old would argue. Any rational human being would know that "for now" means to keep both hands on until someone says otherwise. What the hell else would it mean? You'd almost have to be retarded to not figure out those instructions.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
The rule should have been made clear prior to the start of the competition, and not by question as the players were positioning themselves. Who knows if they were all paying attention to other players questions. Julie screwed up again.

Having said that, I believe that when Janelle let go it was due to pure instinct and suprise when Boogie jumped off. Even if the rule was made clear to her, I think she would have done the same thing in that situation. She was not focused and she was not in contol of her movement.

chappi66 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-07-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chappi66 Click to send private message to chappi66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
Janelle was not confused about the rules. She knew she had to keep both hands on the key. Her argument was not that she did not know to keep both hands on the key, her argument was she did not let go. She did not realize that she took both hands off. She kept saying "I didn't let go, I didn't let go". I do not think they should redo the competition just because Janie screwed up. She clearly was not paying attention to what she was doing and let her hands go. In this case, it was not Julie's incompetence that took Janie out, it was her own incompetence.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-07-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
I'm not going to argue the "for now" thing, because I got it but I will agree that Julie fumbles way to much. Seriously, she gets worse with each season and at this point I don't even understand how it's possible that she makes a living talking?!!!!! In my opinion, either she learns to speak or BB should find someone else to host the show, she's no Jeff Probst and therefore will be easy to replace.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
I am sure it has NOTHING to do with the fact she is married to the head of CBS.
If I remember correctly, didn't they hook up while he was still married?

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
>If I remember correctly, didn't they
>hook up while he was still married?

Yes.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-07-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
You know, I'm all about the ChenBot bashing when it's warranted, but I can't cosign on this one. I understood the rules perfectly. "Keep both hands on the key for now" means "Keep both hands on the key until your told otherwise". That's pretty easy to understand in my opinion. Janelle lost fair and square and I got no problems with that.

But what I don't really get is (someone brought this up a couple days ago) generally, endurance comps go from "easy" to "difficult" or from "comfortable" to "uncomfortable". It would seem only logical to start the comp with one hand on the key to begin with (easy/comfortable), and then maybe an hour or so later, instruct them to put both hands on the key (difficult/uncomfortable). Maybe Julie misunderstood the written instructions there. And if she did, she cost Big Brother alot of money (biggest waste of an HoH set EVER). Regardless, once Julie said to put both hands on the key, that was the rule and it was fair to everyone.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-06, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
I think it was more like Keep both hands on the key while the volcano is still and dormant (easy/comfortable), then later the volcano shakes and erupts (difficult/uncomfortable). And then later, they can only hang on with one hand while it does that stuff (even more difficult/uncomfortable).

And it STILL cracks me up that they never got to use any of the difficult/uncomfortable stuff.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

hammertimeman 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-07-06, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hammertimeman Click to send private message to hammertimeman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
chenbot as in robot

MarkP 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-07-06, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarkP Click to send private message to MarkP Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
Does anyone believe if the question was not asked that Chebot was going to offer it up that they needed to hold with both hands? Watch it again, no way no how. She was about to begin the competition when the question was asked. If she wasn't asked about the hands it would have never been mentioned....and then what would have happened when Janelle let go? You know it - they would have absolutely had to do the competition over - no questions asked.

Her incompetence in mind boggling.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-06, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
Her incompetence is mind-boggling.

But I'll bet there are things she's very competent at. They just aren't things you can do on network TV; she'll have to save them for Cinemax (along with Brian Heidik).

09-08-06, 02:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hammertimeman Click to send private message to hammertimeman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
ok let me just say by the way that julie chenbot watever is the most annoying host everrr holy cow so official, its not the army julie! chill u talk like a robot, so officially boring uch

09-09-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Just once I would like ChenBot to get the rules straight."
is she a cnn anchor?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •