The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by not winning the veto?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-06-06, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by not winning the veto?"
Ok, I know I'll probably get clobbered by the Clown, but it's all good. Bring it on!

In the diary room, Will stated that he didn't care who won the veto because he was safe anyway. Was this miscalculation on Will's part equivalent to Marcellas not using the POV in BB3 or Kaysar refusing to play for POV earlier this season? Did Will's strategy of not winning anything fail him when he needed it the most? What does everyone else think.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by ... Colonel Zoidberg 09-06-06 1
 RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by ... Savahnna 09-06-06 2
 RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by ... LibraRising 09-06-06 3
 RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by ... JoshInSGV 09-06-06 4
 RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by ... Bob Tomato 09-06-06 5
   RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by ... JoshInSGV 09-06-06 6
 RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by ... LIVEURBESTLIFE 09-06-06 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-06-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by not winning the veto?"
Nothing is on the same level as Marcellas' bonehead move in BB3. That was, by far, the worst strategic blunder in BB history. Anything else, so far, has been a distant second. Will believed he was safe because he had been playing Janelle and Erika against each other. Such a strategy worked many times in the past. Was there a reason to believe it wouldn't work? No, not really. After all, why should Janelle vote him out? Why should Erika? Really, if they didn't sit down and compare notes, Erika would be in sequester and Boogie would have actually tried in the last HOH competition. And why should they have compared notes? It was sheer luck that they did. Sheer luck. Bad luck for Will, that is. Maybe bad luck for Janelle as well. She probably should have kept Will, since her greatest hope of reaching the final two is via HOH. Who wants to go against her? No one, that's who.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-06-06, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by not winning the veto?"
Was this miscalculation on Will's part equivalent to Marcellas not using the POV in BB3

Close enough. Marcellus though was told he was safe and was dumb enough to believe it.....Will's security came from within....same result....and humor.

I think what got Will in the long run was that he actually took time out to sleep for a few hours. That was all he needed to do for Erika to get to Janelle.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-06-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by not winning the veto?"
Marcellas had one mitigating factor in his idiocy, albeit a small one. If you recall, that was the first season with the veto, and up until that competition, the participants were not able to use the veto on themselves if they won it. I might be wrong, but I think the only one who actually used the veto that season was Gerry when he took off Marcellas on week one, and he became persona non grata in the house after that move. So the veto at that time was viewed as more of a drastic, alliance-breaking measure rather than a standard part of game-play.

So with that tiny point in his favor, I'd say it's pretty close.

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

09-06-06, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by not winning the veto?"
I guess to answer my own question...

I think Will's major miscalculation was to underestimate the value of winning competitions. When you have 15 people in the house, it is advantageous to let others win the competitions and become bigger targets, while you pull the strings from behind. But when you're down to 4 people in the house, winning a POV/HOH competition is the only way to remain immune from eviction. Letting other people win competitions in the Final 4 is leaving your fate in the hands of others and that's never a safety guarantee.

Bob Tomato 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-06-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bob%20Tomato Click to send private message to Bob%20Tomato Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by not winning the veto?"
In my mind, Will was trying to win that veto, just as he tried to win the one before it (injuring his thumb in the attempt).

He said his strategy was to win nothing afterwards, but I don't buy that. He was just downplaying his failure to win a key competition.

Trying and failing to win Veto is much less dumb than claiming the Veto and failing to use it wisely.

09-06-06, 07:59 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by not winning the veto?"
I agree with you, Bob. The thing is that Will never admitted that he lost the veto fair and square. Throwing the competition at such a crucial stage of the game is a dumber move than admitting that you got "beaten by a girl". And, since I don't expect Will to ever clarify this issue, this will always be a point of speculation. But, I firmly believe that Will lost the game when he failed to secure the POV. He even said it himself in the diary room. Winning HOH was not as crucial this week because it was the POV winner who would have all the power to evict.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-06-06, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did Will pull a "Marcellas" by not winning the veto?"
So far I haven't witnessed anything that comes close to Marcellus's season 3 catastrophe.

Will not winning POV is huge and it is the reason he is in sequester right now. By not winning he put all his eggs in Janelle's basket. He overestimated the powers of his manipulation and underestimated Janelle and Erika.

I think he truly believed he had gotten rid of all the "players" and that Janelle was too weak-minded to vote him out and that Erika wouldn't have enough backbone to make a move.

Will's "strategy" of throwing comps came back to bite him in the a**. He got so arrogant and cocky that he didn't feel it necessary to win a comp in the 11th hour.

When there is only one vote and you are the person who will be put up if you don't have veto the only strategy is to win the da*n competition anything else is stupid. Close to Marcellus's bonehead move but not quite as bad considering he had been controlling all Janelles decisions up to that point.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •