The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-02-05, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
I noticed 2 acts of desperation in tonight's show --

#1 Deanna's pathetic, desperate performance. I was cringing. What was she thinking, her butt in INXS's faces was going to save her???

#2 Each ep Burnett desperately & constantly flashing to J.D. to catch any sort of reaction. Desperate attempts to try & make him into the villian of the show. Keep trying guys!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation bluhawaii 08-02-05 1
   RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation CattyChat 08-02-05 2
       RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation libgirl2 08-02-05 4
       RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation seahorse 08-03-05 39
   RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation KittyMeghanLeah2 08-02-05 6
 RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation alwaysintruble1 08-02-05 3
 RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation KittyMeghanLeah2 08-02-05 5
 RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation Cassandra 08-03-05 7
   RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation photokitty 08-03-05 36
 RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation calamityc 08-03-05 8
   RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation dragonflies 08-03-05 38
 Yep Breezy 08-03-05 9
   RE: Yep Wacko Jacko 08-03-05 10
       RE: Yep CattyChat 08-03-05 11
           RE: Yep Drive My Car 08-03-05 14
               Tara Cassandra 08-03-05 19
               RE: Yep photokitty 08-03-05 34
 RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation Drive My Car 08-03-05 12
   RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation weltek 08-03-05 15
       RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation ginger 08-03-05 20
           RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation weltek 08-03-05 21
               RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation ginger 08-03-05 23
   RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation tinybubs 08-03-05 40
 RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation me144 08-03-05 13
 RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation Loree 08-03-05 16
   Last night's JD reactions Breezy 08-03-05 17
       RE: Last night's JD reactions CattyChat 08-03-05 25
           RE: Last night's JD reactions tamarama 08-03-05 26
       RE: Last night's JD reactions photokitty 08-03-05 37
   RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation tamarama 08-03-05 24
 RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation Tahj 08-03-05 18
   RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation ginger 08-03-05 22
       RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation Lisapooh 08-03-05 27
           RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation ginger 08-03-05 28
               RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation Lisapooh 08-03-05 29
                   RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation ginger 08-03-05 30
       RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation Tahj 08-03-05 31
           RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation ginger 08-03-05 32
       RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation photokitty 08-03-05 33
           RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation ginger 08-03-05 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bluhawaii 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-02-05, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bluhawaii Click to send private message to bluhawaii Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
please give me more info- I am out here in hawaii and must wait a few more hours for the show! How did MiG do?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-02-05, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
MiG did great!! He opened the show. Tonight there were strong performances by many. My faves were MiG, J.D. & Jordis. J.D. pulled it together.

The best feedback from INXS & Dave went to MiG, Marty, Jordis & J.D.

Brandon also improved greatly from last week. I think Deanna, Jessica & Tara will be the bottom 3.

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-02-05, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail libgirl2 Click to send private message to libgirl2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
>MiG did great!! He opened
>the show. Tonight there
>were strong performances by many.
> My faves were MiG,
>J.D. & Jordis. J.D.
>pulled it together.
>
>The best feedback from INXS &
>Dave went to MiG, Marty,
>Jordis & J.D.
>
>Brandon also improved greatly from last
>week. I think Deanna,
>Jessica & Tara will be
>the bottom 3.
>

I liked MiG, Marty and Jordis the best. That woman made me get all weepy! Big thing on Tv out here about Marty's bandmates not wanting him to win! JD was a close 4th though. I kind of think Tara looks like Shirley Manson. Too bad she can't sing like her, but she is preferable to the other two ( not Jordis!)

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-05, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
I see Brandon in the bottom three as the only male with any of the girls besides Jordis.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

KittyMeghanLeah2 52 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-05, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KittyMeghanLeah2 Click to send private message to KittyMeghanLeah2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
he started the show, he did great... but others were good too like Jordis, Marty, and Deanna did something "different" but yes Mig, Jordis and JD seem to be my top 3

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-02-05, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
>#1 Deanna's pathetic, desperate performance.
>I was cringing. What
>was she thinking, her butt
>in INXS's faces was going
>to save her???

Ummm I'd say from the comments by the band after her performance, even if she is in the bottom three, she won't be going home tomorrow night.

Why did the chicken cross the road? It was poultry in motion.

KittyMeghanLeah2 52 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-05, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KittyMeghanLeah2 Click to send private message to KittyMeghanLeah2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
C'mon get over it, it's just editing. I don't think Deanna was desperate I think she was just doing something different.. Who cares.. "get over it"

Cassandra 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-03-05, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cassandra Click to send private message to Cassandra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
Deanna seemed terribly off-key tonight, especially during the chorus. By far and away, without a doubt, the worst performance of the night. Couldn't believe all the good feedback from the band. Huh?

Based on tonight alone, I would pick Deanna, Ty (hard to believe) and Suzie as the worst performances. Suzie mostly by default since she sang fine but the performance seemed boring esp. compared to some of the others. However, I'm going to pick Deanna, Suzie, and Tara as the bottom three based on past weeks and the overall show. Is it just me or was this show the best singing overall since the first week when they chose their own songs? Too bad they can't keep everyone since they knocked out two last week.

Jordis was flat out amazing. I would pay to hear her sing. Also really liked Marty, J.D. and Jessica.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-03-05, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
>Deanna seemed terribly off-key tonight, especially
>during the chorus. By
>far and away, without a
>doubt, the worst performance of
>the night. Couldn't believe
>all the good feedback from
>the band. Huh?
>
>Based on tonight alone, I would
>pick Deanna, Ty (hard to
>believe) and Suzie as the
>worst performances. Suzie mostly
>by default since she sang
>fine but the performance seemed
>boring esp. compared to some
>of the others. However,
>I'm going to pick Deanna,
>Suzie, and Tara as the
>bottom three based on past
>weeks and the overall show.

I could totally believe the good feedback from the band! As someone else in this forum so cleverly put it, they were "thinking hormonally."

But, I agree, Deanna did not do as well as she could have on that song. I think Ty was the worst of the evening, though. (However uncharacteristically.) My opinion of what the bottom three should be is Ty, Tara and Deanna. Ty's really good usually and had an off night, so he's safe. Deanna mesmerized all the guys with her stripper routine, so she's safe, too. But Tara, well, *sigh* it's time to go, Hon.

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-03-05, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
Hello new posters!
I am enjoying the performance part of this show more every single week. I don't know if Deanna looked desperate as much as she looked like a stripper.

Jessica didn't take to well to the comment that there wasn't any of her personality in the performance. I sort of see what the band means though, I had to look up her name again, she just doesn't jump out like some of the others.

And Brandon looked better this week, but he still doesn't flip my switch.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
I was completely ready to say goodbye to Brandon, he just doesn't seem to fit INXS, but last night he did great, and made me have a second thought.

siggie by syren

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Yep"
I thought both of those things. Also the band made a couple cutting comments towards JD. *shrug*

I agree with most everyone; Jordis, JD, MiG and Marty were really good.

Bottom three should be Deanna, Suzie and Jessica.... and it wouldn't surprise me if they all get sent home in one swoop.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-03-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Yep"
I thought the performances were stronger this week. No one was really bad. But the worst in my opinion was Tara. She was boring on a song that had a lot of umph. She also made these stupid faces like she was insane which for the life of me don't fit Message in the Bottle. Also, feel she doesn't move enough or sing to the audience which is very important for a lead singer.

08-03-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Yep"
Tara was not good. What is with Tara's consistently defensive responses whenever INXS asks her questions? Like last night, when they asked her if she likes singing covers. Whenever she answers their questions, she has this look, uncomfortable pause and strained response. Just wondering what her deal is.

They mentioned she is accomplished in her own right, does she write & perform her own songs in Canada? If so, is INXS trying to get her to admit that maybe she really doesn't want to front them and sing their songs? Just wondering . . .

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Yep"
When INXS mentioned that she was already successful, I thought it was a way of letting the audience know that she'd be okay if she didn't win and stop throwing her sympathy votes.
She does seen to struggle with many of the songs, but I have a feeling she is amazing with her own stuff.
Talented, but not right for this competition.

Cassandra 46 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cassandra Click to send private message to Cassandra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Tara"
On Tara's blog at http://spaces.msn.com/members/RockstarTara/ it says that Tara was nominated for a Juno (Canadian equivalent of Grammy) and has sung in front of 20,000 people. She definitely has a lot of confidence and a certain amount of pissy attitude. Having said that, I was thinking about what some famous rockers like Chrissie Hynde or John Lennon might say to some of the feedback, and it ain't pretty. Tara may have thought she'd have an easy time through the first few rounds with her experience and it's not really happening.

She just hasn't wowed me and I need to feel that at least occasionally to get on someone's bandwagon. The band may have been prepping her for an exit with their leading questions. Loved her new look though. Great hair color.

08-03-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Yep"
>When INXS mentioned that she was
>already successful, I thought it
>was a way of letting
>the audience know that she'd
>be okay if she didn't
>win and stop throwing her
>sympathy votes.

Oooh, interesting. But sympathy votes or not, she's going to be in the bottom 3. And, they're gonna cut her loose this week, as evidenced by Garry's question about enjoying covers. It's time.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
I thought Deonna was good last night, not one of the best, but her performance was gutsy and unique.
The band loved seems to love it.
I give her points for making her performance stand out.
I was entertained!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
I thought Deanna's stage performance was "gutsy & unique," but her song choice was so predictable. Everything she does sounds the same. It quite bores me.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
It was a cakewalk song for her given her voice range and quality. If she DIDN'T sing the shite out of that song, she should be ashamed. Remember when Nikki from AI beat out Tamyra with that song?

And I thought her stage thingee was forced. Dave and INXS reacted hormonally.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
Don't get me wrong, I think she it was a gutsy stage performance because she IS NOT SEXY AT ALL. She looked yucky trying to be all bootylicious.

08-03-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
Although it seemed to have the desired effect; perhaps the booty is more licious in person?

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-03-05, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
I was entertained!

I was too Buggy! She seemed to be having fun and the crowd looked like they were enjoying too. She may not be long for the competition but she left a good impression on me with that performance.

me144 45 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail me144 Click to send private message to me144 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
I also couldn't watch Deanna, ugh.

My favorites were Jordis (gonna be a star!), Mig, and Marty.

Still don't see anything special about JD.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
>
>#2 Each ep Burnett desperately &
>constantly flashing to J.D. to
>catch any sort of reaction.
> Desperate attempts to try
>& make him into the
>villian of the show.
>Keep trying guys!

Why do they do this? Do the editors know who is going to win? I keep noticing more and more that we are always shown JD's reactions to everything. I am starting to wonder if INXS picked their winner and we are just going through the motions for a show.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Last night's JD reactions"
Were to the "comments" that the band was making to others in relation to stuff JD has said or done. Atleast that's what I thought.

Like how he mangled Queen and lost it when his sister was in the audience. But the others didn't.

08-03-05, 12:29 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Last night's JD reactions"
>"Like how he mangled Queen and lost it when his sister was in the audience. But the others didn't."

Yes, but to be fair to J.D., he hadn't seen his sis in over 2 years, so maybe he did have reason to be so emotional when seeing her. ALSO, he knew he was going to fail singing Champions, which probably made him even more on the verge of breakdown. AND J.D. has been taking the jokes about his bad performance and past actions well.

I was ready to move J.D. off my "winner" list last night, but he's back in the game after performing so well. Can't deny he has talent, no matter how he has acted in his quest to win. He really wants this.

I have it between MiG & J.D. to win. But I love Jordis.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-03-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Last night's JD reactions"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-05 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

>>he hadn't seen his sis in over 2 years,<<

Or so he says.

>>he knew he was going to fail singing Champions<<

All the more reason to make up a lame excuse.

Sorry for the snark-fest, but he just SUCKED last week, and I HATE excuses.

FWIW, I hated Heather's excuse too - even if she really was sick, suck it up!! If you're not a good enough singer to sing past a cold, you're, well, not a good enough singer!

(edited for spelling)

08-03-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Last night's JD reactions"
>Were to the "comments" that the
>band was making to others
>in relation to stuff JD
>has said or done. Atleast
>that's what I thought.
>
>Like how he mangled Queen and
>lost it when his sister
>was in the audience. But
>the others didn't.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. I liked seeing his reactions to those 2 comments--it was fun to watch JD squirm a little!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-03-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
>>Why do they do this?<<

I think they keep doing this because he's most likely to give a unique and possibly 'villainous' reaction. He seems to be operating on a completely different behavior scale than everyone else there.

For example, last week when they eliminated the 2 chicks, his reaction was a very happy victory "yeah" complete with pumping both fists in the air...

...meantime all the others were shocked & some even started crying.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-03-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
I liked Jordis, Marty, and JD.

Jordis sang so beautifully and it was so moving. Here's what she wrote in her Blog about her friend:

"Although this is a sad story, I will fill you in: Shortly before I came here my friend Bryan, guitarist for American Head Charge, passed away while touring the U.S. with Mudvayne. When I really started paying attention to the lyrics in "The Man Who Sold the World," it wasn't long before I found myself in tears. Many of the phrases in this song ring very true to my memories of the last time I saw and spoke to him. I hope I can keep it together for my performance."

JD IS a villain. I think he is talented, but the more I see him, the more I don't trust him. Betrayal is his middle name.

Moves courtesy of Syren

08-03-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
22. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-05 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-03-05 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

Well, the backstories always makes me feel a little like barfing, rather than being moved (not Jordis' fault; I'm just a beeotch), but I agree with your favorite three. Jordis gave a nice little interpretation of the song, and it's interesting to hear what musicians (hi, Photokitty) have done with the Bowie piece. Not sure what she thinks it means has anything much to do with what the song is about, though.

ETA: Apparently LuLu also recorded the song, with Bowie producing the single, in 1974. Went to #1 in the UK. Who knew?

I want Dave -- much as I love the guy -- to stop telling everyone they just gave the "best version of that song ever heard."

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-05 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

All I kept thinking was how JD would pull a Johnny Fairplay and invent a dead friend and/or relative to cry about next week.

08-03-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
28. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
Grandma *sniff* always loved....*sniff*....Ted Nugent *sniff*...so I'm singing Wang Dang Sweet Poontang *sniff*....
this is for you, Grandma!

*pause for tear-wipe and fist-pump-to-heaven maneuver*

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
she funny, the ginger.

08-03-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
30. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
You really like
My limousine
You like the way
The wheels go round

BUT

Do ya love me?
Really love me?

ONLY for you will I sing Kiss.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-03-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
I want Dave -- much as I love the guy -- to stop telling everyone they just gave the "best version of that song ever heard."

He's the Paula Abdul here.

Moves courtesy of Syren

08-03-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
32. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-05 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

I know! And it pains me to say that!

Perhaps I should become the Corey?

Except I'm too fond of Carmen for that.

08-03-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
33. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
>Jordis
>gave a nice little interpretation
>of the song, and it's
>interesting to hear what musicians
>(hi, Photokitty) have done with
>the Bowie piece.

>ETA: Apparently LuLu also recorded
>the song, with Bowie producing
>the single, in 1974.
>Went to #1 in the
>UK. Who knew?

Hi, Ginger! Yeah, Jordis did great, I'm glad she kept her composure and pulled another excellent performance. Very interesting about Bowie producing LuLu! I'm trying to imagine what that song would sound like... >^..^<

08-03-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
35. "RE: 8/2/05 - Acts of Desperation"
I was on some site trying to find out what the song was actually about when I read that. A few people thought the Lulu version was the best! It had a lot of saxaphone emphasis.

If I were on this show I'd sing a lot of Bowie - Young Americans, Rebel Rebel, a slow turn with Space Oddity...Bowie is just classic stuff.

BOUNCE:

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •