The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""See you next summer""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-06, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""See you next summer""
That's what Brooke Burke said at the finale. So.......

Has anyone heard any rumors as to what band will be on next season?

Any guesses?

WIll Van Halen finally relent and do it? What about Queen?

Thoughts?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "See you next summer" Magnolia_Rocker 09-18-06 1
 RE: "See you next summer" byoffer 09-18-06 2
 RE: "See you next summer" Savahnna 09-18-06 3
   RE: "See you next summer" Wacko Jacko 09-19-06 4
       RE: "See you next summer" weltek 09-19-06 5
           RE: "See you next summer" Sues 09-19-06 6
               RE: "See you next summer" Savahnna 09-20-06 11
       RE: "See you next summer" Cathy the Canadian 09-19-06 7
   RE: "See you next summer" Bravehart 09-24-06 14
 RE: "See you next summer" zombiebaby 09-20-06 8
 RE: "See you next summer" geg6 09-20-06 9
   RE: "See you next summer" Wacko Jacko 09-20-06 10
   RE: "See you next summer" Cathy the Canadian 09-21-06 12
       RE: "See you next summer" Wacko Jacko 09-25-06 16
 RE: "See you next summer" trigirl 09-24-06 13
   RE: "See you next summer" Wacko Jacko 09-25-06 15
       RE: "See you next summer" Loree 09-26-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-18-06, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "See you next summer""
Ewww, I hope it isn't Van Halen. Those super DAWS wouldn't keep whoever they picked anyway.

A Tribe Original!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "See you next summer""
I heard a rumour about Van Halen also, though don't have any inside info. They are DAW enough for the gig though.

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-18-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "See you next summer""

I don't know if Queen would ever do it.....but I'd love to see them there.

I really hope they don't do Van Halen. This was enough of a disappointment. I'd probably watch though whoever they have...as long as it's rock.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-19-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "See you next summer""
Although it would change the format of the show somewhat, I think a great choice would be to find a singer for the Houseband.

On a side note, it was reported (on Melodicrock.com) that The Houseband is going out a tour with Paul Stanley from Kiss in the near future.

Another good choice for the show would be No Doubt.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "See you next summer""
No Doubt would be a fun choice.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "See you next summer""
Alice in Chains
Nirvana

and for the 'Geriatric Rockstar'....

The Doors

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-20-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: "See you next summer""

>and for the 'Geriatric Rockstar'....
>
>The Doors

I don't get this at all. The Doors would be awesome for any Rockstar.

09-19-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "See you next summer""
I don't think Gwen Stefani has left No Doubt. She just did the solo album on the side.

I think this show works best when the original singer is dead - Otherwise, it's kinda awkard for the contestents, don't you think? Like you're rubbing it in the old singer's face or something. Van Halen might be okay, because it's been a while. But it's also well known that David Lee Roth wants back in the band.

But how many bands are there that need a new singer, and are well known enough that people would want to audition?

I can think of Blind Melon off the top of my head, but who would want to fight to join that band? And I think they already have a new singer anyway.

So, I don't know.

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-24-06, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: "See you next summer""
"I don't know if Queen would ever do it.....but I'd love to see them there."

I agree Savhanna!

Queen is one of the biggies that could actually sell out a tour in the big stadiums/arenas. Queen did a guest spot on American Idol so I'm sure they are looking for publicity.

At first I thought Supernova Rock Star was too contrived....too "put together", but after watching the first few episodes I was hooked! I missed the INXS season unfortunately, but there was never a waver in my Lukas win predictions for SuperNova. The drama with Dilana et al was fabulous! The Supernova Rock Star TV show was super addicting!

If a band like Blind Melon (yes I think we miss them!) or Van Halen (Eddie and the boys are still in the news), or the totally awesome house band were to do a "Rock Star", whatever, the ratings ultimately bring ticket sales.

Also, I really like the thoughts of Wacko Jacko (again) of many male singers auditioning for the part traditionally held by a female with No Doubt. I don't know how much of an attention grabber the remaining members of No Doubt would be though.

Wacko, I'd rather see a new front man for Blind melon than No Doubt. It's the whole "Bee song" thing that so many of us remember and miss.

To Cathy the Canadian, I like all of your thoughts on this thread, but this statement peaked my interest:

"I totally agree. I don't know what Van Halen's problem is. This would introduce them to a whole new generation, and create new interest in them."

One of the things SuperNova stated was they were looking for a fresh outlook! New blood!

Can David Lee Roth provide that "freshness"? Is it needed?

Can't Van Halen stand on their own without a "new" singer? I think they could truly make a great comeback if they all took the time to practice (and clean up). Something like Winnipeg's "The Guess Who" did. They sounded as good 2 years ago as they did 20 years ago! David Lee Roth needs to step up to the mat and find his voice. The problem with Van Halen looking for a new Front Man is that there is already an existing one (Roth) waiting for his comeback. Whether or not he's up to it is another matter. Maybe Eddie et al know better.

I guess I might have contraindicated myself there but the point is that if an original band can be salvaged, than it should try to salvage itself. The fans would rather see the original singer (if possible) in original form.

Like The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Guess Who, Bon Jovi, help me here.....

And a shout to trigirl: "was that the rockers weren't limited by a back catalogue."

Exactly! SuperNova was introduced as a new/existing band, with new/existing expectant fans and songs.

Whichever made up band or existing band that does the next "Rock Star" is guaranteed to sell tickets! Executive Producer Mark Burnett (EPMB) does a great job of drama, editing, sound, slick and gloss to make us addicted! And so we WILL buy tickets.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-06, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: "See you next summer""
Wasn't Sublime thrown around last year? I would love that one!

I would probably watch any band. I enjoy the format and the quality of singers better than AI. I had no interest in this year's band but still just enjoy the show.

Great summer show.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "See you next summer""
Queen already has Paul Rogers fronting them so I don't think that's a possibility.

Regardless of how the band seems to feel they're too good for this show, I think the band that would be the most fun and would most benefit would be Van Halen.

09-20-06, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: "See you next summer""
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-06 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

See with No Doubt, you could have a bunch of men compete for a position in a band that they would stand no chance of winning. It would be reverse.

I mentioned the Houseband needs a singer, maybe Dave Navarro needs one.

Nobody would care about Blind Melon or Sublime. Not enough people know them......and if they won the venues they would play are too small. There are other bands that need lead singers.....like Big Country......but you would never garnish enough interest. I think the Doors would be interesting if they are looking for a singer.....You could have people in their sixties trying out.

09-21-06, 10:15 PM (EST)
12. "RE: "See you next summer""
>Regardless of how the band seems
>to feel they're too good
>for this show, I think
>the band that would be
>the most fun and would
>most benefit would be Van
>Halen.

I totally agree. I don't know what Van Halen's problem is. This would introduce them to a whole new generation, and create new interest in them. Didn't they see how great it worked out for INXS?

But I would feel a little bad for David Lee Roth, who hasn't made his dream to reunite with them any secret.

09-25-06, 04:59 PM (EST)
16. "RE: "See you next summer""
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-06 AT 04:59 PM (EST)

>>Regardless of how the band seems
>>to feel they're too good
>>for this show, I think
>>the band that would be
>>the most fun and would
>>most benefit would be Van
>>Halen.
>
>I totally agree. I don't
>know what Van Halen's problem
>is. This would introduce
>them to a whole new
>generation, and create new interest
>in them. Didn't they
>see how great it worked
>out for INXS?
>
>But I would feel a little
>bad for David Lee Roth,
>who hasn't made his dream
>to reunite with them any
>secret.

It did not go so well for INXS afterall....they got dropped by their record label....in my opinion I think it was a little harsh....INXS had to sell more cds than ever dreamed of.....even if Michael Hutchense was still in INXS I doubt they would've sold as many cds as they did after being on Rockstar.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-24-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: "See you next summer""
The thing that was nice about a 'supergroup' (ahem) was that the rockers weren't limited by a back catalogue. I hope next year that we get the same versatility.

09-25-06, 04:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: "See you next summer""
The back catalog was nice. I wish that SuperNova did some Motley Crue, GNR or Metalica songs. Too many of the same songs done over and over.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: "See you next summer""
My biggest complaint about this season was the song selection. They did so many of the same songs from last year and they often did them several times during the season. I hope we are not going to be hearing those same songs again next season. Enough with Nirvana.

And Dilana has become friends with the drummer from No Doubt. He was a big fan of the show and Dilana and him exchanged numbers. Dilana has said they may work together in the future.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •