The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Supernova Love List: week 11"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-06, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Supernova Love List: week 11"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 01:37 AM (EST)

Guess I spoke a little too soon last week because EPMB tossed a curveball with another performance night. If only we could squeeze out a few more weeks of performance nights but alas this wonderful show will soon be over. Supernova will be picking a lead singer to croon their crappy tunes come tomorrow night. Next Tuesday night, I know I will be having the shakes because the show isn’t on anymore. Thank goodness for taped episodes which should help with rehabilitation and keep me out of Betty Ford.

Remember that a love list is all about you and whatever you want to base it on. As long as you’re being true to your feelings, then it is correct.

1) Dilana – The Police “Roxanne” & Original “Supersoul” (1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,3,1) Fantastic set. Dilana was back in a big way. Some may still have issues with her personality and probably won’t recognize how wonderful she was tonight, but to each their own. So happy that Dilana was #1 in early voting because it’s deserved. Every time I now hear The Police doing “Roxanne” on the radio, first thought will be Dilana did it better Stinger. Glad her torn muscle was healed enough to be able to rock out “Supersoul” the way it was meant to be. To me, Dilana and Ryan are the breakout stars from this season and I will gladly fork over any dough needed for a CD or concert tickets. No need to profess my love for Dilana yet again but I will, love you Dilana

2) Lukas Rossi – Coldplay “Fix You” & Original “Headspin” (3,2,5,5,7,1,3,7,2,4) He sang with clarity and emotion. The Coldplay tune left me a little cold but loved the acoustic version of “Headspin”. Lukas and Dilana have been the frontrunners to win the gig since week one, so it’s fitting they finish #1 & #2. I’ve always dug Lucky Charms style and rock persona but when his vocals have been bad, they’ve been real bad. Would pay to see Lukas perform live but the thought driving to the show would be, man I hope I get the spectacular Lukas instead of the mumbling stumbling drunken sailor performance.

3) Toby Rand – Radiohead “Karma Police” & Original “Throw it away” (10,3,10,7,6,6,6,3,5,3) Ehh it was okay, probably felt the ehh feeling towards this Aussie six or seven times this season. Think he has a real shot to win but it’s just not for me. Guess I just like the dark bruiting rockstar over the happy glib rockstar, just a personal preference. If Toby does win, ehh okay whatever.

4) Magni – Deep Purple “Hush” & Original “When the Time Comes” (13,4,3,4,4,4,5,5,4,5) I like the Iceman, I really do, but who the heck is voting for this guy? He is obviously a wonderful guy and a great singer but I like my ice cream flavored with chunks of surprises, he is just plain vanilla. No way he wins now that his original was called out for being what it is, unmemorable. Good luck to Magni, he should have no problem now remaining atop the charts in Iceland for years to come.

Booted: Storm Large (5,6,4,2,3,5,7,4,6,2) Every time Stormy performed the words “mmm mmm mmm” came out of my mouth. She is so sexy hot and is the epitome of a MILF. Fantastic stage performer, fabulous voice, and love those crazy eyes. Hope this appearance on Rockstar does lead to bigger and better things for this 37-year-old. Give the rest of us mid 30 something’s the hope that we’re still climbing the mountain instead of going down.

The order the contestants appeared …

Toby Rand – Radiohead “Karma Police” & Original “Throw it away”
Lukas Rossi – Coldplay “Fix You” & Original “Headspin”
Dilana – The Police “Roxanne” & Original “Supersoul”
Magni – Deep Purple “Hush” & Original “When the Time Comes”

Coming up tomorrow night after the finale will be a complete show love list. Would you have liked to seen more of any early boot or did they deserve their bootee slot? Did you think a rawker didn’t deserve to get as far as they did? Once again, thanks to everyone who has participated in this weekly thread. Hope we get to do it again next summer!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 Glow 09-13-06 1
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 cycles2k 09-13-06 3
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 cycles2k 09-13-06 2
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 Glow 09-13-06 4
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 Iconoclastic 09-13-06 5
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 michel 09-13-06 6
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 CattyChat 09-13-06 7
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 Glow 09-13-06 34
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 xwraith27 09-13-06 8
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 nailbone 09-13-06 9
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 arkiegrl 09-13-06 14
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 nailbone 09-13-06 25
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 Sonicbluebird 09-13-06 10
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 Wacko Jacko 09-13-06 12
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 tamarama 09-13-06 11
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 nailbone 09-13-06 20
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 cheesybread 09-13-06 13
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 Velcrohead 09-13-06 15
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 nailbone 09-13-06 22
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 geg6 09-13-06 16
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 michel 09-13-06 17
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 geg6 09-13-06 21
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 michel 09-13-06 27
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 Magnolia_Rocker 09-13-06 29
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 SilverStar 09-13-06 18
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 nailbone 09-13-06 23
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 SilverStar 09-13-06 26
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 djandy 09-13-06 32
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 Glow 09-13-06 33
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 bullzeye 09-13-06 19
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 nailbone 09-13-06 24
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 bullzeye 09-13-06 28
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 Glow 09-13-06 31
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 Glow 09-13-06 30
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 11 tamarama 09-13-06 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-13-06, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
Ryan - Man oh man oh man. I adore this man. Seriously. He was so happy to be there performing his song. The fans singing along with him brought tears to my eyes. I'm sooooooo happy for him. Him being happy makes me happy. When BB told him about the car, he was so surprised and the smile on his face brought sunshine to this dark and rainy night. His smile is priceless.

I have to go in order of performance because everybody was so amazing through this whole season and I truly do love them all. They are all so incredibly talented and I hope every single person from this season makes something of themself.

Toby - He started off kinda shaky on "Karma Police". It's my favorite Radiohead song, so I got nervous. He really pulled it out though. I had tears in my eyes at the end. (Yes, I'm an emotional wreck.) "Throw it Away" is definitely a catchy tune. I was outside with my dogs the other day and started singing it. I was shocked because if you'd have asked me, I'd have told you I don't know the lyrics. But they came to me so I sang to my dogs. Sasha (HB bassist, not my dog) is so freaking hot. I didn't notice him when Ryan was on stage which speaks volumes because I always notice Sasha. When I finally noticed him (when the aussie hottie was singing), I couldn't take my eyes away unless the cameraman made me.

LukasLove - He's so damn beautiful. His voice was so passionate. He really performed two gut-wrenching songs. "Fix You" is an amazing song. Luke's voice was clear and hauntingly gorgeous. "Headspin" remains one of my absolute favoritest songs. Acoustic "Headspin" has always been tops for me. Tonight was a strong night for baby. He kills.

Dilana - !!!! I am so proud of her for sticking with that arrangement of "Roxanne". It was brilliant. Bringing the boys on stage was brilliant. She looked and sounded stunning. I am in love with her again. Still not crazy about "Supersoul" but I am definitely crazy about her. My girl is back.

Magni - He is so talented. "Hush" didn't showcase his voice enough but it was rock n roll at it's finest. (Yay Rafa!) "When The Time Comes" may not be as memorable as some of the others ... okay maybe it's not as memorable as any of the others but it's still a good song. TLee was way rude. Totally uncalled for and made me want to step on his toes or spit on him or smack him. Magni is there because he is talented. We know you're not going to chose him. Please don't disrespect him on national television. Why can't Stupidnova just let me love them?

My husband deleted the recording. It was totally accidental and I cried. He felt so bad so I felt bad that I wanted to step on his toes or spit on him or smack him. I panicked. I searched. I cried. Ain't no sunshine when Ryan's smile is deleted from my television. Thankfully, a couple wonderful people at rockband pointed me to the already posted YouTube video (which I thought I had already searched for. Maybe one of them added it. hmmm) complete with car giving and all. *joy*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-13-06, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
"I felt bad that I wanted to step on his toes or spit on him or smack him"

Time to make up with hubby Glow. Nudge nudge, wink wink, knowwhatimean.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-13-06, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
Let me just say that I was a little upset with Dreambeliever for ending the love list a week too soon. Happily the situation has been remedied. (Thanks for resurrecting the topic, I love these love lists).

This is tough. These people are so talented that each is deserving of the "victory" in his or her own way. .

1) Lukas Rossi – Coldplay “Fix You” & Original “Headspin” I'm a latecomer to the Lukas fan club.
His performances wowed me tonight. I was not sufficiently moved to lick my home entertainment system the way some posters do but I was moved nonetheless. I'd buy his CD.

2) Toby Rand – Radiohead “Karma Police” & Original “Throw it away”. I found Toby a little weaker tonight, but I have placed him at number 2 because I enjoyed his performances in recent weeks and appreciate his ability to make a tune instantly recognizable. I thought Gilby's criticism was unfair.

3) Dilana – The Police “Roxanne” & Original “Supersoul” . I agree with DreamB, Dilana was back in a big way and perhaps better than ever.

4) Magni – Deep Purple “Hush” & Original “When the Time Comes”. How can anyone not like this man. He is a great musician but I still find myself unmoved by his performances. Any band would be lucky to have Magni, but he is a better band member than leader.

Booted: Storm Large . Storm's performance of "Wish You Were Here" was so moving that I still cry when I hear it. I don't miss her the way I missed Jordis last year, but I do miss her.

***** Upcoming completely DAW random thoughts *****

Dave: Is it just me or does Dave tend to exagerate a little when he complements Dilana?

Jason: Stick to the thoughtful comments Dude and leave the joking to Tommy.

Tommy: Stick to the jokes Dude and leave the criticism to Gilby.

Gilby: He has lost the hostile edge and has emerged as a thoughtful and decent guy. I still disagreed with Gilby's criticism of Toby.

SuperNova: I am still optimistic that this band will do something good in the year(s)ahead. I look forward to hearing them on the radio and hope all the comments about a lack of committment are wrong.

Reality TV World Posters: Some of the funniest comments I have seen in any forum and a nice friendly environment for internet commenting. More forums should be run like this one.

09-13-06, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
FWIW, there was no television licking tonight. Though, it was pointed out to me that I need to rewatch Ryan's performance closely and look for the peekaboo red. Red is my favorite color. Red underwear on Ryan may just be the best I have ever seen red looking. So there may have been some monitor licking, but I'm not telling. But really, it's all about the music, I swear. Gorgeous sunshiny hotness is just a wonderful bonus.

I do love this forum. It's the bestest ever.
*licks cycle's post*

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-13-06, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

1) Dilana - That's the first time I have liked the song "Roxanne" which is saying something because I really hate that song. It was great to see the Dilana from the first half of the season again.

2) Toby - I think he is the most entertaining of the contestants to watch and his song "Throw It Away" is a hit.

3) Magni - I really like Magni but he just doesn't go to 11 to borrow an idea from "Spinal Tap"

4) Lukas - Lukas is the epitome of style over substance. He has the look and attitude but he sings like a mumbling leprechaun.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"

1- Dilana – The Police “Roxanne” & Original “Supersoul” She was the reason I started watching this show (I've never watched more than 15 minutes of AI and wasn't planning on watching this either before week #3) and many of her performances were outstanding. The drama got me side tracked for a while but that is Burnett's specialty. I listen to CDs and I'm not interested in soaps. Dilana made for great listening while on stage. Roxanne was magical, Supersoul was well presented.

2- Lukas Rossi – Coldplay “Fix You”& Original “Headspin”
He is a real performer. He may be the perfect choice for SN. I really liked the power and the tragic beauty of his 2 songs.

3- Magni – Deep Purple “Hush” & Original “When the Time Comes” The man with the most musical talent in the group. Every competitor wanted his help on the show. Maybe they could use a second guitar player! He usualy chose the song I prefer from the pile and always delivered a performance I enjoyed. Hush was a little rushed at the start but after the instrumental part, they found the right Pace (!) His original has the best guitar riff even if the lyrics aren't catchy.

4- Toby Rand – Radiohead “Karma Police” & Original “Throw it away” I get the enthusiasm he creates but I'm not into catchy party songs. "Karma Police" was shaky to say the least at the start. It did get better.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-06, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
This is the toughest love list for me, because all are pretty close to even, in my mind. Three had one amazing performance and one great performance, but Lukas barely edged them out with two amazing performances.

1. Lukas (5, 3, 4, 4, 8, 1, 5, 3, 2, 2) “Fix You” & “Headspin” -- I will be rewatching this set a lot. Lukas made his statement last night & if SN doesn't get it, it's their loss (like with Ryan). Lukas showed us all his vocal abilities and he amped up the intensity of his stage presence (which I thought was impossible) by delivering such emotional, raw performances. I truly was at a loss for words after his set last night and that is why he gets my top spot.

2. Toby (4, 1, 7, 6, 4, 3, 4, 2, 3, 1) “Karma Police” & “Throw it away” -- Toby's biggest strength for me is his energy on stage, plus it doesn't hurt that he has great vocals & great looks. I thought "Karma Police" was good, but I wasn't blown away. I love "Throw it Away." It is a fun, catchy energizing song. I also really enjoyed Magni & Toby playing together, it was a riot.

3. Dilana (1, 6, 1, 1, 3, 4, 2, 4, 6, 3) “Roxanne” & “Supersoul” -- Well, I expected the worst on "Roxanne" and then W.O.W. That was a great arrangement, Dilana at her best & I loved having the boys as backup singers. Their harmony was great and they can be my boy band any day (plus Ryan). "Supersoul" was pretty good, but it's at the bottom of my originals list for this season.

4. Magni (13, 7, 2, 5, 7, 5, 6, 5, 4, 5) “Hush” & “When the Time Comes” -- The only reason Dilana is ahead of Magni this week is because of her creative arrangement of Roxanne -- props for taking a risk that worked. "Hush" is a great song & Magni nailed it. I will be watching this performance repeatedly and it's my second fave Magni performance after "Fire." Magni CAN turn it on when he's on stage, but it is sporadic. His vocals are the strongest of the 4 (followed by Toby), but Magni's stage presence is the weakest. I actually really like "When the Time Comes" it may not be a catchy tune, but it's still great.

Booted: Storm (6, 2, 8, 2, 2, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4) -- She was high on my list, but not anyone I was emphatic about.

FAN Encore: Ryan -- I knew he'd be back for the encore . . . I mean, seriously, who else had a chance?? Ryan is amazing, I can't stop listening to Stage & Songs/Eye/Elephant, I have the two CDs on rotation one right after the other (and occasionally pop in Zayra). Ryan didn't disappoint in his performance last night . . . intense, energy and a total "told you so" to SN.

Ryan is my man this season. Though, unlike last season where I lost interest in all the other contestants save JD who is with INXS (all of which I love), this season I am left with many artists I will follow. I'm already on board with Ryan & Zayra and have their past CDs. I will be waiting & watching to see what Lukas, Toby, Dilana, Magni & Storm do in the near future. I have the most faith in Lukas after the smoke clears, but I won't be losing interest in the others for at least a couple of months, I'm sure.

Oh and Glow, guess what??? I had my first Ryan dream last night. Of course it's a PG-rated dream (as all my JD dreams only rated PG-13 at best). It was after a show somewhere & everyone was hanging out & I guess I was his girl, because he had his arm around me the whole time and had me sitting on his lap holding me as everyone just hung out. Special appearance made by Lukas who, for some reason, shared a locker with me??? (I'll never get the oddness of dreams) Lukas & I had a short convo in the locker room about Dave's shoutout to P.A. -- Lukas was disgusted by it as was I. He primped his hair before heading out to see if any real celebs were in the house. It was a very odd but fun dream. My fave part was Ryan's stubble brushing my cheek as we sat together.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

09-13-06, 03:39 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
I had my first asleep Ryan dream a while back. It was touching at the time but now I see that it was kind of freaky (almost premonition-like).

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-13-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 09:51 AM (EST)

1. Toby Rand, aka Australia - I'm not terribly impressed with the cover, but I still can't get over how entertaining his original song is.

2. Dilana, aka South Africa - She's the exact opposite of Toby tonight. I loved her version of "Roxanne", which IMHO is the best cover song of the night, but I still don't care for the original song.

3. Lukas Rossi, aka Canada - I thought both of his songs were done especially well, but Toby's original was better than his original, and Dilana's cover was better than his cover.

4. Magni, aka Iceland - While "Hush" was great, I have to agree that "When the Time Comes" is a bit unmemorable. In fact, I don't remember any of the words to the song. I thought it was a good week for Magni, just that the competition's pretty stiff.

Encore: Ryan Star, aka USA - I doubt that the album will be for sale in my country, but I sure would like to get a copy.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

I hesitated to post here for fear that Glowie would lick my post (no, that is NOT code!!!)

but since I don't have Lukas on top, I don't think I need to worry....

2. Dilana - She did great tonight, and she looked hottt. She's been the bottom of my list for the past few weeks, but for tonight at least, she's back on top. Like I said last night, scary hot is back, more hot than scary.

3. Toby - I like the guy. He has fun when he performs, and that original is just a cool, fun song.

4. Lukas - when he sings, rather than mumbles, he's really good. but that huge guitar did nothing to dispel the leprechaun image.

5. Magni - "Hush" was great, and nice to hear some good rock from back in *my* teen years. I agree with Tommy that his was the least memorable original, but this was the wrong time to point that out.

#1 forever!! - Storm - I'm sad that she never got the chance to perform with StupidNova (thanks, Glowie).

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
*licks boner's post*

Sorry, I couldn't resist

09-13-06, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
Might be code.

Sonicbluebird 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-13-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonicbluebird Click to send private message to Sonicbluebird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

1) Dilana - Wow! I really didn't think she could pull of Roxanne, but Wow. She's back.

2) Toby - He is great. The more I watch the more I think he is right for the band. I was digging the police sunglasses. He started off a little shakey; however, he did stick the landing.

3) Magni - He is as always a great singer.

4) Lukas - He puts on a performance. I can see him in the cast of the rocky horror picture show.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-13-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
This is strictly based on last night performances. Not who I think should win or who has been the best all season.

1. Magni – Deep Purple “Hush” & Original “When the Time Comes”. Honestly I thought he was the best last night. Hush was excellent. And his original tune was very good too. It was obvisious Tommy was out to manipulate the voting last night. He wanted to be assured Magni was in the bottom three. I foudn his comments out in left field. He did not like the original...well he could not bash Hush......so he said crazy things about his original. last night I felt his original was second best....Toby's was best. I think Dilana's original is exactly what Tommy said unmemorable. Dilana's original is boring and after two listens I don't care for it. Lukas's original is good, but acoustically the song failed.....what is it about Lukas and not being able to understand a thing he sings....especially on the slower stuff. I though Magni was excellent last night.....do I think he should or will win the whole thing...no. But last night Magni was the star in my opinion.
2. Toby Rand – Radiohead “Karma Police” & Original “Throw it away”. Again the original was great. The cover was so-so in my opinion. I did not know the song and did not care for it, so it was tough for him to sell me on it.
3. Dilana – The Police “Roxanne” & Original “Supersoul”. Her cover was great. Something though tells me that she has performed it 100's of times. Her original like I said is mediocre....I would not buy it....and to me is less memorable than Magnis.....sorry Tommy I read right threw you. I think Tommy was bummed Magni was so good last night.
4. Lukas Rossi – Coldplay “Fix You” & Original “Headspin”. I love Lukas's original when it rocks. Last night it sucked. I did not understand a word he sang and acoustically the song falls flat. As for his cover, I did not like it either. It started off slow and stayed too slow for so long. Than he did the slow original. Lukas just bored me last night.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-13-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
I haven’t been able to comment – or read comments – for the past few weeks – and I’ve really missed it! I missed all the Di-rama! I missed picking on Lukas’ diction! I missed analyzing the originals – wait, they sang them again last night. I’m ok.
Please forgive me if I beat any dead horses, haven’t been around to see what’s died.

Clearly tonight was more of a love-fest for SN than an actual master class. That’s OK, it’s not like they can give the singers stuff to work on before next week’s performance. Heh.

Toby – Karma Police (Radiohead)
Original: Throw it All Away
Toby should win. He’s the best over-all performer left, and I think he fits Supernova better than the others. I love when he sings in his tenor range – I’m always surprised again at what a good singer he is when he’s not stuck with a baritone song. His original is 1) GREAT and, more importantly, 2) The most Supernova-ish original from the contestants. It’s hooky party-rock. He’s got great energy, is obviously fun, love how he played around onstage with Magni & the House Band – you know SN notices & appreciates that stuff. Plus he’ll likely attract a younger set.

Magni – Hush (Deep Purple)
Original: When the Time Comes
Magni is the best singer here. He has been all along. The Deep Purple was BEYOND amazing. Like his Hendrix cover, Magni really gets the classic/psychedelic stuff. He manages to stay true to the original and still be himself & make it sound modern. It was obvious that the House Band was having a BLAST. That counts too. (Paul – keyboard solo – yes, I’m in love). I think Magni’s vibe & his original fit SN better than the dark twins below. I think Toby edges him out with energy, but who knows? The guys may appreciate Magni’s maturity.

OK – side rant – SN’s comments started out as a love-fest, but what was with Tommy’s dig on Magni’s solo? THE ONLY negative comment ALL NIGHT. My friend’s theory is that he did it on purpose so that Magni’s the first one out tonight – a more dramatic F3.

Dilana – Roxanne (Police)
Original: Supersoul
*sigh* I just can’t believe the death-drop Dilana has taken. She was so utterly mesmerizing in the beginning and now…I just don’t care. It’s not directly because her performance level dipped, and it’s not directly because of the drama – it’s that she LET the drama affect her performances. And she wouldn’t LET IT GO. Yes, I know a lot of that was editing and producers, but she could have done MUCH MORE to down-play it. To END it. The worst of it – to me – was the way she tried to blame it on the fans, writing the crappy scr#w you song. And then the calf injury that was so bad she couldn’t walk, but she could do big kicks. And one week later, she’s walking with a cane, but then jumping around like a maniac. Oh, and this week, the crappy song is not an angry song, it’s a freedom song. Whatever. Yeah, I get the freedom part, but I’m still getting the big “up yours” part as well.

Aside from all the Di-rama, her song writing skills are abysmal, and her goth vibe is way darker than what SN seems to be writing. They’re hooky party-rock, she’s wrist-slasher psycho-chick.

Lukas – Fix You (Coldplay)
Original: Headspin
I will confess: I muted Lukas tonight. I just can’t listen to the dude anymore. I’ve been told that he sang much more straight last night (no, I don’t mean heterosexual), but I just couldn’t care. From week one, his garbled & choked delivery has reminded me of everything from my drunk Uncle Tony to the Tasmanian Devil on Quaaludes. Last week, the first time he sang Headspin, there was actually a moment that I expected him to yell out “Timmy!” If I still had it on tape (and cared) I’d point out the spot musically but…well, I don’t. Care. Or have it on tape.

Aside from his bizarre "singing," I think Lukas is too dark for SN. From the very first time they gave the singers tracks – weeks ago – the singers themselves have talked about SN’s music being classic, feel good, top down, beer party rock. Not dark & broody. (I think that’s why Ryan left too.)

So anywho, I think Toby will and should win this thing tonight. Magni is the only other possibility I see, but I doubt it.

09-13-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
LOL!!!

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-13-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"

1. Magni – Deep Purple “Hush” & Original “When the Time Comes”(2) - By far and away the most talented musician left. It is clear he will not win, which is unfortunate for SN. If they did pick him, they would get a great singer and a rythm guitarist to back up Gilby in the studio and possibly on tour. His lyrical ability isn't great but it is at least as good as Toby and better then Dilana. I read on the MSN:RS boards an opinion stating that "WTTC" was too complex musically for Tommy. I agree, totally!

2. Toby Rand – Radiohead “Karma Police” & Original “Throw it away”(3) - His performances feel much less forced now. I missed most of Karma Police but I wasn't upset about it since I'm not a huge Radiohead fan (I realize I'm mostly alone in the world with this opinion). I liked that he didn't roam around the studio on "Throw It Away" like he had previously. The EVS on Magni's head and the guitar sharing was fun to watch. Personally, I will be dissapointed if SN doesn't pick either of these two.

3. Dilana – The Police “Roxanne” & Original “Supersoul”(5) - Roxanne was really good, and did put Chris to shame, darnit! Dilana was great tonight, back to where she left off before the Psychosis took hold (maybe she is bypolar?). Supersoul sounds good but the lyrics are still pretty lame. I did hate the "travelling singer" routine. Going way back might have been nice for those sitting back there but I just found it annoying to watch on TV.

4. Lukas Rossi – Coldplay “Fix You” & Original “Headspin”(4) - I guess I am in the minority here as well. I don't get Lukas' music. I recognize that he is talented and I like him. There is just something about his performances that I don't get into. Especially when he has a guitar in his hands. He seems to struggle to sing and play at the same time.

Relieved of duty - Storm(1) - I think this was a huge mistake by SN. I think of the final five her talent is greater then at least three of the others. But I'm sure she will do well with the exposure and I would pay to see her in concert.

Tonight we shall see who tops SN's love list!

Velcrohead 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-13-06, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Velcrohead Click to send private message to Velcrohead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
In the order they appeared:

Toby
There’s nothing to overly criticize about Toby’s performance. “Karma Police” was serviceable, “Throw It Away” a good pick-me-up though I’m beginning to tire of the ‘oh-oh’ refrain already.

Lukas
On paper, Lukas could have nailed it. Alas, he just couldn’t help himself, could he? “Fix You” had none of the tenderness of Chris Martin’s vocals, and which the song inherently needs regardless of who chooses to perform it. I simply hate how he feels the need to indulge in dramatics for every song instead of delivering it on it’s own merits. The acoustic version of “Headspin” was OK as a one-off but I certainly don’t want to hear it sung like that on a regular basis. It drained off the intensity of the original, which, more than anything else, is what makes the song.

Dilana
I was pleasantly surprised with the rearrangement of “Roxanne”. Dilana’s voice really came through, I thought – clear, strong, emotive. “Supersoul” is a nice enough number but one I can’t treat seriously. For me, it lacks authenticity.

Magni
“Hush” was just fantastic. When you have a great song to begin with, the only thing that matters is being able to deliver it ‘as is.’ Anything else is embellishment. Tommy’s comments about “When The Time Comes” was unnecessary. It’s a fine song in it’s own right, the sort that grows on you with repeated listens. That it arguably isn’t as ‘simple’ or catchy as the originals of the other three performers doesn’t make it inferior. I prefer a degree of subtlety to musicianship, something Tommy obviously doesn’t relate to.

09-13-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
I prefer a degree of subtlety to musicianship, something Tommy obviously doesn’t relate to.

Tommy wouldn't know sublety if it smacked him upside the head.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 02:20 PM (EST)

Well, I didn't have a hard time with what I heard last night at all.

1)Toby Rand - Radiohead "Karma Police" and Original "Throw It Away" - This has to be the guy for this band. He's such a terrific, fun performer. And, if their music is meant to be fun-filled out and out rock, this is the best one of the bunch for that. No one else comes close, IMHO.

2)Magni – Deep Purple “Hush” & Original “When the Time Comes” - Loved hearing some old Deep Purple! Ah, the days of my youth! He really is the best singer of the bunch. But I'm with TLee. That original is nothing special.

3)Lukas Rossi – Coldplay “Fix You” & Original “Headspin” - Lukas would be at the bottom if I hadn't like his cover just a teeny tiny bit more than Dilana's. And I probably only liked that because I so detest Coldplay that you could do anything to one of their songs and it would be an improvement. But that original still sucks as bad as an acoustic arrangement as much or more than it did as he did it last week. Hate, hate, hate it.

4)Dilana – The Police “Roxanne” & Original “Supersoul”
- Didn't like anything here. Don't like her. Don't like her voice. Don't like her personality. Detest her horrible song writing. Hey, Dilana. If you have to explain the emotion of the song to people? Your song writing sucks.

09-13-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
Bono on a live recording: "This is not a protest song...this is "Sunday Bloody Sunday!" I guess you find U-2's song writing skills suck also.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
Ya think maybe Bono was saying that a bit tongue in cheek? I know the lyrics to "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" quite well. It's a protest song no matter how you or Bono want to characterize it:

"Sunday Bloody Sunday"

Yes...

I can't believe the news today
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away
How long...
How long must we sing this song
How long, how long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one
Tonight...

Broken bottles under children's feet
Bodies strewn across the dead end street
But I won't heed the battle call
It puts my back up
Puts my back up against the wall

Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday

And the battle's just begun
There's many lost, but tell me who has won
The trench is dug within our hearts
And mothers, children, brothers, sisters
Torn apart

Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday

How long...
How long must we sing this song
How long, how long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one
Tonight...tonight...

Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Wipe the tears from your eyes
Wipe your tears away
Oh, wipe your tears away
Oh, wipe your tears away
(Sunday, Bloody Sunday)
Oh, wipe your blood shot eyes
(Sunday, Bloody Sunday)

Sunday, Bloody Sunday (Sunday, Bloody Sunday)
Sunday, Bloody Sunday (Sunday, Bloody Sunday)

And it's true we are immune
When fact is fiction and TV reality
And today the millions cry
We eat and drink while tomorrow they die

(Sunday, Bloody Sunday)

The real battle just begun
To claim the victory Jesus won
On...

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Sunday Bloody Sunday...

And, since Dilana didn't seem to be saying it tongue in cheek, she obviously thinks we're all idiots and can't understand what her words mean. Don't diss me one week and then come back and try to say you didn't say what you said another.

Oh, and regardless of what the emotion is behind her song? The song still sucks.

09-13-06, 03:19 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
I picked Bono off the top of my head but many singers explain their songs either on stage or in interviews. To say Bono did it "Tongue in Cheek" is to miss the deeper meaning of that song. It is not a protest song, it's much more than that. It is a song of disbelief of man's inhumanity towards mankind, a song of deep sorrow but mainly a song of hope.

Now, certainly Dilana's song doesn't compare but criticism should be directed where it is warranted.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-13-06, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
Ya know. I think criticizing Geg's critique on Dilana is a tad hypocritical.

A Tribe Original!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
I'm going to rank individual songs because there was no one person that I thought did great or horrible with both.

1. Dilana - "Roxanne" - I really liked this. I enjoy her "pretty" singing voice, but a little "gravel" mixed in is good, too.

2. Magni - "Hush" - Is there anything Magni can't sing? He's wonderful. Yeah, his stage performance is not that great, but his singing makes up for it. I think singing ability is more important than stage presence.

3. Toby - "Throw it Away" - Yay for Magni playing guitar with him! Yay for Toby staying on stage instead of running around like a hyper puppy. LOL at him writing "Evs" on Magni's head. I like this song. Found myself singing along.

4. Magni - "When the Time Comes" - Yeah, maybe it isn't as catchy as the others, but that does not mean it's a bad or unmemorable song. I really like this song. Love the guitar riff. Love Magni.

-gap-

5. Toby - "Karma Police" - I didn't like this.

6. Lukas - "Headspin" - I loved this original, but did not like it done acoustically.

7. Lukas - "Fix You" - Ugh. Awful.

8. Dilana - "Supersoul" - Hearing this song twice was quite enough for me. I fast-forwarded it through it last night.

Overall favorites list (not just last night)

1. Magni
2. Toby (but he still bores me)
3. Lukas
4. Dilana

A Tribe work of art

09-13-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
I think singing ability is more important than stage presence.

In a rock band?!?!?!?!?!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
Yes. In any band. If you can't make a good cd, then nobody is going to want to see you on tour. If you have a crap singer, then you aren't going to put out a good album. I couldn't give a care if Lukas has great stage presence. His singing makes me cringe more often than not, and I would not pay $15 to buy the cd, let alone pay $50 to see them in concert. But a guy like Magni, who delivers well sung songs? I might consider it. So what if he just stands there on stage? I've been to plenty of concerts and really, I don't pay attention to what they do on stage. Most of the time, you can't see them anyway. But you sure can HEAR them, and I want to hear someone who sounds good. But not with SN 'cause I think they suck.

A Tribe work of art

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-13-06, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
SilverStar, I love your format so I will copy it:

1.) Ryan "Back of Your Car" - Still strong. Has anybody (Glow) downloaded "Dark Horse" yet?

2.) Dilana "Roxanne" - Loved the softer side of her voice, and the Boy Band backup singers.

3.) Magni "Hush" - Great energy.

4.) Toby "Throw It Away" - Best original of the Final 4.

5.) Magni "When the Time Comes" - Tommy sucks!

6.) Toby "Karma Police - Love his playful side (and he kept the skipping to a minimum).

7.) Dilana "Supersoul" - I too find it odd that Dilana was hopping around and not even able to put weight on her leg last week, and yet this week is bounding up and down stairs. Something's fishy here.

8.) Lukas "Fix You" - Tired of the drunken staggering.

9.) Lukas "Headspin" - Still couldn't understand his lyrics. The only song all 2 seasons that I had to fast forward through because I just couldn't stand hearing it another time.

djandy

09-13-06, 03:36 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
Ryan "Back of Your Car" - Still strong. Has anybody (Glow) downloaded "Dark Horse" yet?

heh. You type in your email address and whatnot and they tell you they'll get back to you within 48 hours with instructions.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-13-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
It just sunk in that we only have one night left with the rawkers. Such a shame, I never expected to enjoy the performances and the forum discussions as much as I have.

My initial thoughts, as I quite expect there may be some changes when I re-watch the performances:

Ryan - Last night just reinforced my opinion that he was the best of the bunch (with Storm a close second). And I couldn't help but feel that Supernova was thinking the same last night. I loved him getting the car and I know we will see many great things to come from him. Outstanding.

Dilana - I really, really wanted to see her butcher "Roxanne", but I must give props where props are due. I thought it was a fantastic rendition, and clearly the best cover of the night. Then, she nails her original. She must have done some soul-searching, but she really displayed the talent that made me watch to begin with. Do I think she will win? No chance. But she really will go out in style.

Lukas - I wasn't crazy about his cover, and was worried about an acoustic version of his cover. Fantastic - sent shivers down my spine.

Magni - His rendition of "Hush" started out huge, then faded, then finished with a bang! He is clearly the best all around musician amoung the group, but his spotty stage presence will cost him. Agree with many fellow posters, T-Lee picked a terrible moment to cast the only negative comment on the show. Definitely on purpose.

Toby - I found his cover boring, even painful to listen to. And as much as I liked his cover last week, it just didn't do it for me this week. You are a great guy Toby, but I think you are in a different league from the rest of the rawkers.

Storm - Sigh. So missed you last night.

A birthday present from Tribe

09-13-06, 02:48 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
And I couldn't help but feel that Supernova was thinking the same last night.

Then why did they get rid of him?

Storm - Sigh. So missed you last night.

Amen.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-13-06, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
Then why did they get rid of him?

To clarify. I think Ryan is the best of the group, but not necessarily the best to front SuperNova.

A birthday present from Tribe

09-13-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
word baby word

09-13-06, 03:25 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
I do think that SP realizes and appreciates Ryan's talent. He just wasn't right for them. That's not a bad thing. Same goes for Storm. That probably goes for everybody that went before the finale. This was a truly talented group of people with Ryan, Lukas and Storm being the cream of the crop. Good thing for me is that one of them is still there for the finale.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-13-06, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 11"
>>I do think that SP realizes and appreciates Ryan's talent. He just wasn't right for them.<<

Agreed!! The talent pool was much deeper this year, and several of the past eliminations have been because it's not a good fit.

I think Ryan is just darker than the direction SN seems to be heading in.

I think this may do-in Lukas and Dilana too (don't hit me!)

Good for Ryan though -- I'll be picking up his elephant CD (can't recall the exact title at this moment.)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •