The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Song Selections...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-06, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Song Selections...."
This week was the viewer's choice:

Lukas - Lithium - Nirvana
Magni - I, Alone - Live
Ryan - Clocks - Coldplay
Storm - Bring Me Back to Life - Evanescance, with special guest singer...
Toby - Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
Dilana - Mother Mother - Tracy Bonham

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Song Selections.... Glow 08-27-06 1
 RE: Song Selections.... nailbone 08-28-06 2
   RE: Song Selections.... xwraith27 08-28-06 3
       RE: Song Selections.... Loree 08-28-06 7
           RE: Song Selections.... Glow 08-28-06 10
   RE: Song Selections.... LittleFox 08-29-06 16
 RE: Song Selections.... cycles2k 08-28-06 4
   RE: Song Selections.... Glow 08-28-06 5
       RE: Song Selections.... xwraith27 08-28-06 6
       RE: Song Selections.... cycles2k 08-28-06 12
           RE: Song Selections.... Glow 08-28-06 14
               RE: Song Selections (semi spoiler).... cycles2k 08-29-06 17
                   RE: Song Selections (semi spoiler).... Ahtumbreez 08-29-06 18
   RE: Song Selections.... nailbone 08-28-06 8
       RE: Song Selections.... cycles2k 08-28-06 13
   RE: Song Selections.... spinningwords 08-28-06 15
 RE: Song Selections.... toddE 08-28-06 9
 RE: Song Selections.... geekboy 08-28-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-06, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Song Selections...."
Can.not.wait. for this show.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-06, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Song Selections...."
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06 AT 00:10 AM (EST)

What is this, rerun night????? 80 hundred gazillions songs out there, and we gotta hear songs that have already been performed by other contestants???

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-28-06, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Song Selections...."
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06 AT 01:13 AM (EST)

I think they said last week that this week was the "Voters' Choice Week" or something. Maybe the top-voted songs for all rockers were the choices, and that they can't perform any song that they've already done before.

ETA: There ya go. Loree says it's viewers' choice week. And special guest singer? Please. Please let it not be Zayra.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Song Selections...."
They may call this Viewer's Choice. But really it isn't much of a choice. Just like last year every singer is listed with all songs they have already sang plus one wild card choice that is a song another singer has sang this year. Of course just like last year all the singers are given their wild card choice. None of the viewers want to see the singers sing the same song again (in some cases they got the encore and sang it twice already). So what choice is there? They are given their wild card choice. The producers might as well have assigned those songs to them. Lucky Dilana got a song she sings all the time in her own stage show.

At least with only 6 singers left they all got to sing longer versions of the songs than earlier in the season.

08-28-06, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Song Selections...."
"The producers might as well have assigned those songs to them. Lucky Dilana got a song she sings all the time in her own stage show."

Word. Wordy McWord Word.

She sounded good because this is a song she performs regularly (she is a cover artist, it seems. That's what makes the format of this show so good for her) and she's even recorded it, I hear. Makes you think, doesn't it? She got a song perfectly fit for her. Magni should have no problems pulling off a straight karoake version of "I Alone" (I love Magni, but I'd like to see him really change something up). Toby has already performed a Billy Idol song and SN loved it. Whereas Lukas, Storm, and Ryan got songs that don't really cater to their strengths. I love that Ryan's "wildcard" pick was so close in percentage to his LMR. If he's smart, and he is (very), he will use that to it's full advantage. Make those fans who loved LMR, love "Clocks".

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

LittleFox 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-29-06, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LittleFox Click to send private message to LittleFox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Song Selections...."
Ya, I thought the repeat song choices were dumb....they should've gave us all new songs to choose from.......

*Come join the coolest club in town!:

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=20486

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-28-06, 02:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Song Selections...."
Every one of these Rawkers is great. I don't care for most of the songs, but these people manage to put on a great show with whatever they are given.

My guesses for the special guest singer are (in order of likelihood):
1) JD
2) Marty
3) Josh
4) Amy Lee (from Evanescence)
5) Patrice
6) Zayra

08-28-06, 08:11 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Song Selections...."
Clue: The guest singer was/is much more obvious than any of those you listed.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-28-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Song Selections...."
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06 AT 08:35 AM (EST)

I just hope it's not Brooke Burke. I think it's Toby or Ryan if her song's "Bring Me To Life".

08-28-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Song Selections...."
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

Do you know who the guest is? How did you find out? I am not sure I really want to know because it would ruin the surprise. "Special guest singer" implies something more than one of the Rawkers or SN guys but maybe it is THAT obviousl

Speculating is also fun. It is probably not a woman so that narrows it down to about 3 billion or so people in the world. It is not me, or any of my friends, family or coworkers to that eliminates a couple of hundred more people.

08-28-06, 05:23 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Song Selections...."
I do know. And yes, it does ruin the surprise (gotta quit doing that to myself) so I'm not telling you.

08-29-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Song Selections (semi spoiler)..."
I couldn't help myself and looked it up on Rockband. Kinda wrecks it, but I hear we are in for a great show.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-06, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Song Selections (semi spoiler)..."
you know you could always hide it, so I didn't have to go looking for it. geez

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Song Selections...."
4) Amy Lee (from Evanescence)

Not Amy Lee, but the guy that does that osng with her.

Or one of the SN guys.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

08-28-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Song Selections...."
Makes more sense because it will probably not be a woman.

Can any of the SN guys really sing?

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-28-06, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spinningwords Click to send private message to spinningwords Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Song Selections...."
My guess is Dave

I don't have have any solutions but I certainly admire the problem

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-28-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Song Selections...."
This is just when I lost interest in Rock Star last year, too.

Super, super boring:
Magni (I hate Live, and he will do a good, dull version)
Ryan (Clocks is also dull and won't emphasize Ryan's allure)

Boring:
Lukas (Love Nirvana, but too much on this show, and not what Lukas does best)

Could be intereting:
Toby (Rebel Yell is well suited to his performance style)
Dilana (Jill sucked on Mother Mother, but Dilana can probably rock it. Best song on this list)
Storm (barf on Evenescance, but sometimes the rockers do good rearrangements of lame songs. I think Dave Navarro will be the guest singer).

I was waaayyy more into this when there were like 10 rockers left.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-28-06, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Song Selections...."
I just finished watching this week's webisode. The only thing that sticks in my head about the webisode is Dilana practicing "Mother, Mother".

Where did she fine THAT voice? It is SO different than her usual performance voice. Why doesn't she sing with that voice more?! It was beautiful.

Also, the Dilana/Lukas feud/competition is quite funny.

geekboy

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •