The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
from rockstar.msn.com:

Wow. So much drama occurred on "Rock Star's" last elimination episode that the residual effects alarmingly spilled over. In short--Dilana lost it.

As the Rockers sat down for an especially tense dinner, Dilana's controversial comments came up for discussion. To lighten the mood, Storm declared a toast to "Dilana's first spanking," but Dilana wasn't down for that. Questioned by the Rockers, an emotional Dilana apologized, explained and cried. Ryan said her comments were disrespectful; Storm consoled her and Lukas reminded her that "life is a constant clinic."

But nothing could comfort Dilana: "I felt so weak and vulnerable." She wasn't kidding. As Lukas and Magni tried to alleviate her pain, she flipped off the camera and smashed a wine glass, cutting Magni's head. Though the Rockers sympathized, Lukas questioned if she could handle the stress of being in Supernova. Ryan said simply, "It's like she's self destructing."

Next >>

Dilana was still reeling the next day as everyone took part in a photo shoot with In Touch magazine. Some Rockers were more comfortable than others. Storm, once a model, was a natural. And Lukas ("I ain't no model, man") successfully expressed his "Goth, glam, dirty, rock" self. On the flip side, Toby, Ryan and Magni felt somewhat awkward. Dilana, revealing that she's nowhere near down for the count, eventually managed to get it together for a strong photo shoot.

This week's song selection brought a new twist: instead of fighting for their songs, fans chose which tunes each Rocker would sing. The Rockers excitedly and nervously discovered their songs with fan comments attached. The support and positive words from the public were a nice shot in the arm--especially for Dilana.

Rehearsal proved challenging. Lukas, trying to outdo Dilana's version of Nirvana's "Lithium," said he liked neither the song nor Nirvana, which concerned House Band leader Paul Mirkovich: "At this point, it's not as memorable as Dilana's because Dilana loved the song." And Dilana, practicing Tracy Bonham's "Mother Mother," was feeling more confident. "This horrific thing that happened to me is the best thing that could have happened to me." She's probably right.

Let's hope that not only Dilana, but all the Rockers channel their emotions into powerful performances.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap Glow 08-28-06 1
   RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap cycles2k 08-28-06 13
 RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap djandy 08-28-06 2
   RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap Glow 08-28-06 3
       RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap nailbone 08-28-06 7
 RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap Loree 08-28-06 4
 RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap SilverStar 08-28-06 5
   RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap Glow 08-28-06 6
       RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap Lahela 08-28-06 8
           RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap Glow 08-28-06 10
               RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap SilverStar 08-28-06 11
       RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap SilverStar 08-28-06 9
           RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap Glow 08-28-06 12
 RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap cycles2k 08-28-06 14
   RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap Glow 08-29-06 15
       RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap Aussiemama 08-29-06 16
       RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap KimD 08-29-06 17
           RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap Glow 08-29-06 19
       RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap michel 08-29-06 18
           RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap Glow 08-29-06 20
               RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap michel 08-29-06 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-28-06, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
My thoughts, you ask?

Dilana knew her comments would shine a negative light on the others but she decided to freely express her truth to the journalists because she thought it was part of the clinic. She knows that this was a mistake and apologized. Though I felt her apologies said, “I’m sorry this happened to me” more than “I’m so sorry I hurt others”. As Ryan said, she only hurt herself with those comments in the first place. And as Toby said, he doesn't understand it because she’s had one of the “sweetest rides” out of anyone there.

She’s upset that she messed up. I think it’s totally disgusting that we saw so much of her breakdown. I said to my husband, “I don’t need to see this. This is disgusting. I hate Mark Burnett with the fury of a thousand suns right now. I want to punch him in his smug little face.” How dare they show this poor girl completely lose it! Ugh! I felt so bad for her. I felt pity. Suffice it to say, I’m Mark Burnett’s bitch.

So… I am very ready to move on. I don’t forgive her (not that it’s my place to do so. Heh.) but I am ready to move on. Besides I was/am way more upset about her telling Ryan the House Band made that performance and mentioning Lukas' upbringing. But again, I’ll move on. Ryan has. Lukas has.

Lukas came across glowingly on this webisode. If it’s possible, I adore him more.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-28-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06 AT 04:57 PM (EST)

"Suffice it to say, I’m Mark Burnett’s b1tch."

- Aren't we all?

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-28-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
Did anybody else have trouble with Part 3? It kept pausing every 2 seconds to buffer and took forever to watch.

That being said, Dilana is trying to milk the sympathy card. Instead of owning up to her past behavior (and new temper tantrum that cut Magni's head), she's labeled herself a victim and vows "I will survive". *gag*

Magni, Ryan, and Toby really looked uncomfortable during the photo shoots. Storm was a natural. I can believe she was a model. Dilana -- keep your tongue in your mouth. *please*

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

08-28-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
I didn't have any trouble with any of it (for a change).

I'm not sure Dilana is trying to milk sympathy. I just think that's the way she is. This stuff must be really hard on them and they're bound to breakdown in some way at some point. They just happened to get her (overly dramatic) breakdown on camera and decided to (disgustingly) show it to us. I've been known (when I was in my early 20s and late teens - but I'm not going to comment on maturity *cough*) to throw and break things when I'm really angry too. She obviously didn't intend to injure poor Magni. The boys were spot on with their little conversation. She is self-destructing and it's a shame that they felt the need to show us that. We absolutely did not need to see her bawling and Storm comforting her.

All that being said, I still wish she would own up to her mistakes instead of making this all about herself.

I loved the part at the end of part 4 when the photographer mentioned a nude photo and Ryan started taking off his clothes. *fans self* Toby mentioned it being cold in the room. LOL. And poor Lukas got very uncomfortable. He must have really thought the guy was serious. I wish he was. *waits for nekkid Ryan photos*

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
when the photographer mentioned a nude photo

And the lovely Storm was probably saying "OK, been there. No big deal".

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
If I was the guys of Supernova I would not want to put my future in Dilana's hands. Or would I want to tour with her. I've seen a side of her personality I don't like. But this is their band. And they will pick who they want. I think all the drama around Dilana is just for ratings at this point.

No matter what Dave says, I do think the band does know who their winner is. They have so much more insight than we do. Oh how I wish we could be at the recording studio. And they will protect that person and crown them the winner in the final show. The other 5 will be let go as the guys see fit. They may not go in the exact order the band would like because of the Bottom 3 situation. But really it is just a matter of what order the non-winners leave. The show will probably try and keep the most popular around for the ratings. And of course win or lose I think Dilana will be in it till the end for the ratings.

I enjoy all of them except Dilana at this point. I am so over her that I don't care if I ever see or hear her again. So I will be sad with who goes home. They are all talented and now it's just who is "roit" for the band.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
Can we say drama queen? I really had no sympathy for Dilana in this episode. She brought everything on herself. If I believed that she truly felt bad for the things she said, I might be more forgiving. But I don't believe that. I believe that she is upset that people aren't loving on her anymore, and she figures she will try and gain some sympathy by crying and freaking out. She just made such a big deal out of everything. The elimination show, her hurt, her torment and then her "miraculous" comeback. *gag*

quote: "This horrific thing that happened to me..."
Um. You talked shit, got called out on it, and got booed. I wouldn't call that horrific. I'd call it justice.

But I will say I thought she sounded good when she was practicing her song.

A Tribe work of art

08-28-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06 AT 02:23 PM (EST)

The only thing I feel bad for her about is that this was all on television and that's just not cool. It made me uncomfortable.

Edited to put the song choice stuff in the song choices thread.

Lahela 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-28-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lahela Click to send private message to Lahela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

>LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06
>AT 02:23 PM (EST)

>
>The only thing I feel bad
>for her about is that
>this was all on television
>and that's just not cool.

I disagree with that sentiment. They all know that anything they say or do might make it onto the broadcast show. If they don't want to be "portrayed" in that light, they shouldn't do that crap. Dilana knew what she was doing and playing to the cameras. Lets not pretend that she "forgot" the cameras were rolling and that we should feel sorry for her because of it. I think she purposefully "brokedown" for all the world to see, hoping it would bring her back up to a more humane status instead of leaving her dangling at the bottom of the rope for dear life.

08-28-06, 03:13 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
I just mean the sobbing and bawling in Storm's arms. Totally did not need to see that.

08-28-06, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
Heh. I actually laughed at that part. It was just too over the top to even be believable, IMO. But we all know I'm a beyotch, so take that for what you will.

A Tribe work of art

08-28-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
Come on now. The most interesting parts of reality shows are when people have breakdowns! It's why we watch!

A Tribe work of art

08-28-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
oh yeah, I agree with that. But...*see above response*

If she was up there in that window to get away from the cameras, she should have gone to the bathroom. And. What a pretty little setting she decided to rehearse her song in all dolled up. So I do fully admit that she is playing off of all this. But sheesh, the fact that they showed us D sobbing in Storm's arms crossed some line with me that I didn't like.

And I'll post here what I already told you. Storm rubbing her back at the dinner table and telling her it's all good didn't sit well with me either. It's not all good. She fvcked up and you just found out about it a few hours ago. Tell her she fvcked up and it pissed you off. Don't play the SN card and make her believe she's perfect and can do no wrong. Let her think about what Ryan, Lukas and Toby just said to her.

Ryan: "What you say about me doesn't affect me, it affects you."
Lukas: "Life is a constant clinic."
Toby: "I don't know what should scare me more. You being honest about what you said or, like, what made you feel that way in the first place."

And her answer to Toby wasn't really an answer to Toby. "I'm just a person. With flaws." ummmm... being human human being anyone? *snort* She definitely watched this last season. Maybe Toby being so introspective pushed her over the edge. heh.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-28-06, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
I was completely unaffected by Dilana's tears. She wasn't crying because she hurt the other rawkers, she was crying because her attempt to hurt the other rawkers backfired.

08-29-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
You know, I think about this way too much. (It keeps my mind of other things that I'd rather not think about.) If Dilana does end up fronting Supernova, there is absolutely no way I will be convinced it wasn't fixed. Even if they can provide solid proof that it's not, I wouldn't believe it. And because of that, I don't see how she could win. I can't be the only one that feels that way, can I?

Aussiemama 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-29-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aussiemama Click to send private message to Aussiemama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
Glow you are not the only one who thinks this way! We all know how MB and his magical editing works. Dilana has been given WAY too much positive attention to win this thing and now Ryan's star is starting to rise in the eyes of SN so I am sceptical of him winning as well. IMHO I think it will be Storm or Toby and we all know how much I love the Aussies with no bias whatsoever!

KimD 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-29-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KimD Click to send private message to KimD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

>You know, I think about this
>way too much. (It
>keeps my mind of other
>things that I'd rather not
>think about.) If Dilana
>does end up fronting Supernova,
>there is absolutely no way
>I will be convinced it
>wasn't fixed. Even if
>they can provide solid proof
>that it's not, I wouldn't
>believe it. And because
>of that, I don't see
>how she could win.
>I can't be the only
>one that feels that way,
>can I?
>
>
>“Music has been my best
>friend my whole life, because
>music doesn’t betray you.”
-
>Lukas Rossi

I totally agree Glow. And if it were anyone else I'd think there was no way she'd win.

But, I don't think SN gives a hoot what we think. So I think they *will* pick Dilana. And I'll hate them for it. Seems to me that if they weren't going to pick her, they would have said SOMEthing in response to her poor behavior. And her getting a song tonight that she has RECORDED - that's just a huge edge she's been given. Why??

P.S. Focusing on this is taking my mind away from other things too. What are we going to do when it's over?!

08-29-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 01:40 PM (EST)

"Focusing on this is taking my mind away from other things too. What are we going to do when it's over?!"

Well, I've tried telling my husband that all I can do is become a Lukas and Ryan groupie but he didn't seem fond of that idea. For some reason.

edited to make it make some sense

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-06, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
If SN has already decided who wins and have told the editors, you can't really say that it is fixed but rather that it has become a prolonged publicity stunt for SN and Burnett Inc. Afterall, SN has had much more time to analyze these singers than a band usually takes to audition a new singer. Publicity stunts can really be insufferable.

Can I ask how Lukas came out glowingly in this webisode? I saw him having Survivor-style confessionals in which he denigrated Dilana, heard him saying he hates the song and heard the whole house band saying he isn't doing a good job on the song. I feel it is the opposite of a winner's edit. Even the praises given by the band have been down-sized. It would need a big redemption episode, the kind we are being prepared to be served for Dilana. The editing has been centered on her for a long time now. Only Ryan's ascending story as the dark horse could be in position to topple the one that appears to be Burnett's favorite. Does he know?

08-29-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
As somebody mentioned (was it here? I forget) since MBP can't do (or shouldn't be able to do) his typical winner/loser edit, he goes by popularity. Lukas and Dilana have been tops in fan support since day one. Ryan is creeping up (dog willing that will continue!) and that's why we see so much of the three of them. Show us (the general "us") who we (the general "we") want to see.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week 9 Reality Show Recap"
Well people believe he doesn't know who wins Survivor until Jiffy reveals the votes months after filming ended. The voters show their votes before depositing them in the urn!

My main questions are the following: SN has had plenty of time to decide. Wouldn't they have told the producers? If the producers know, do you really think they wouldn't use the knowledge to make what they see as good TV? That would throw a different light on the recent events.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •