The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-16-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
Is anyone else sick to death of the band & Dave harping on them to fight for songs?

Why don't they fight for songs? I don't know, maybe because they're grown ups, and want to be adults about the situation? I think it's refreshing that they can work it out without getting stupid about it.

It seems like Dave & the boys are trying to stir things up, maybe to make the Monday episodes more interresting? Create some drama for the ratings? I hope not, but it seems like it.

I mean, really, to question any of their commitment at this point? I'd be a little offended if I were a rawker.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... Savahnna 08-16-06 1
   RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... nailbone 08-16-06 2
       RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... Savahnna 08-16-06 3
           RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... nailbone 08-16-06 5
               RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... Savahnna 08-16-06 6
 RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... Glow 08-16-06 4
 RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... KimD 08-16-06 7
 RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... cycles2k 08-16-06 8
   RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... cheesybread 08-17-06 11
 RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... Cathy the Canadian 08-16-06 9
   RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... mememi 08-16-06 10
       RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... LisaPles 08-17-06 12
           RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... Wacko Jacko 08-17-06 13
               RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... LisaPles 08-17-06 14
                   RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... cycles2k 08-17-06 15
 RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... PagongRatEater 08-23-06 16
   RE: Enough with the "Fight for the ... Cathy the Canadian 08-23-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-16-06, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 05:04 PM (EST)

>I mean, really, to question any
>of their commitment at this
>point? I'd be a
>little offended if I were
>a rawker.

Really.

You gotta laugh. Tommy (and gang) high fives Toby for running around naked to sing with Gilby....."cute a$$ btw". CBS should be very proud. The BB house of almost idiots....then this. All in ONE NIGHT!!... pfffffffttttt....eat your heart out FOX and Paula

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
"Almost idiots"??? What show are YOU watching?!?!?

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

08-16-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
>"Almost idiots"??? What show
>are YOU watching?!?!?

Well they do dress and feed themselves.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
Barely. And it's debatable these days whether Marcellus actually dresses or just wears a bathrobe all the time.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

08-16-06, 05:24 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
hahahaaha.....Marcellus/bathrobe.....nope. Not going there.

THat'll do me in much faster than Dilana getting the "anchor"

and yes....barely....you're right. Who knows if they use utensils to eat slop.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
I could understand it in the beginning. For the most part, I guess, anyway. But now there are only eight left and they go about it diplomatically and maturely (for the most part). And of course, there's the fact that one of the members of Supernova play with one of the contestants every week. The confident ones think, eh, I'll do it next week. If somebody feels strongly enough about a song, they fight for it. There just doesn't happen to be a lot of songs that are worth fighting for each week it seems.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

KimD 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-16-06, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KimD Click to send private message to KimD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
Yes, I'm sick to death of Dave and his asinine comments, I wish he'd go away. It's a shame, because I really liked him on the show last year and looked forward to his comments.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
I agree, though I think it is Dave saying most of the silly stuff such as that in this season. I too preferred him last year.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-17-06, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."

Well, last year he was happily married, starting a new band, and generally enjoying himself. He got to know the rockers and even hung out with them at the mansion.

This year he is getting/got divorced, launching his band, and producing, as well as hosting the show. Not to mention that the show is under much more citical scrutiny this year. So I will give him some slack for stress. But,...

He keeps defending his distince from the rockers as a way to form a more objective opinion, but I think it is having the opposite affect. He doesn't seem to know the personalities of the contestants as well as the band, let alone the Webisode (and Canadian TV) watching public. And thus his opinion is formed based on the short bit of editing and performances. Even Supernova has commented that "everything counts" when choosing their singer. However, Dave does not posses that collective knowledge to judge and critisize (sp? *brain cramp*) based on everything.

08-16-06, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
I remember the first tiime it came up, and there was a brief clip of Ryan (I think it was him), and he said something like, "we don't fight for songs because we're musicians, not brilliant sratagists". Something like that.

I thought, "right on!"

mememi 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-06, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mememi Click to send private message to mememi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
I remember that clip too. Yeah, it's nice to see that they are mature enough to decide without resorting to "I want it, it's mine" Sheesh, I hear that enough from my 2 year old, I'd have to turn it off if the show came to that!

I think they fight for the songs they feel they'd be best suited to. If they think they'll totally botch a song, or it's just not suited to them they won't go after it, even if one of the band is playing. Probably good strategy actually, since the past few weeks have been rough on whoever plays with the band - tended to end up in B3! (Except Dilana who apparently can do no wrong...)

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
Yeah Cathy, I'm sick of that, too. Why doesn't Dave just say, "you're not kissing the asses of the band members hard enough", since that's what he really means!

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-17-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
Fight for the songs???? With SuperNova members in it??? LOL.

Why would anyone do that when those performing those songs make in the bottom three the majority of the time? Dave wants people to fight for their songs....they even said Zayra.....we appreciate your courage for picking to play your own song and wish more would be fighting to play their own songs.........but.........Zayra you are AXED. Fighting for these songs does not mean a thing.

I guess what Dave is talking about is that everyone of these people are supposed to be fighting to pay with SuperNova and no one is fighting for the opportunity to do it when it is their opportunity. Even Dilana who got the last song with SuperNova...before Toby did not really want to do it. She just so happened to draw the shortest straw.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
I think that ever since Gilby was such a major d**che to Jill after she performed with him, the rest of the Rockers have wanted to avoid the situation. I think they are intimidated by the egos and are afraid if they do something that makes SuperNova "look bad" they will be royally spanked and asked to go home.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
Makes sense. Gilby was both rude and wrong when he criticized Jill for giving him attention on stage.

Newsflash for Dave and Gilby: Jill was right and you were wrong. Rock singers commonly do that sex thing and it has all been done before.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
Back again this week, and yep I am frickin' tired of it!

But, the four of us had a great time.

08-23-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Enough with the "Fight for the Song" stuff."
Seriously! They even wrote it on the back of the frickin song! Geez!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •