The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-06, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
Part one:
Lots of media interviews. Everybody but one handle themselves very well. Who is that one? For those of you that haven't seen it or can't or don't watch them, that one person is Dilana. She badmouths Toby and Magni by saying they're not as committed as the rest. She says Patrice should get the boot. She says Lukas is two different people and at least once a day, she wants to strangle him. Etiquette, baby, etiquette. She has none. That's not going to play nicely for her. Lukas composes himself well when he is told this (by the reporter). Jason says later that if a reporter treats you without respect, it is okay to treat them the same way. That same reporter asks Ryan if he thinks Dilana is the front runner, as he's answering, Jason walks in the room and Ryan looses his train of thought. His nervousness was very cute.

Part two:
Song choice. There are two original songs this week. Five of them want them. Patrice and Ryan get them. This? thrills me more than I thought possible. I said way back when that EVERYBODY should hear "Back of Your Car" and now everybody will. I shook my husband, because I couldn't contain my excitement. Toby and Dilana say they both want "Every Breath You Take". Toby makes her run around the pool naked and then says he didn't even want the song, he just wanted to get back at her. While Dilana is practicing the high note, Toby and Lukas are shooting pool. Toby says something about it and Lukas says he seriously thought it was the dog.

Part three:
Toby sounds really good with "Layla". I think that should go well for him. Magni has the flu. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" may be difficult for him this week. Ryan micromanages the band. Who could blame him? This song represents him.

Great great episode, guys. If you can watch it, do.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 CattyChat 08-20-06 1
   RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 Glow 08-21-06 5
 Thanks... Meemo 08-20-06 2
   RE: Thanks... Glow 08-21-06 6
   RE: Thanks... bullzeye 08-21-06 12
       RE: Thanks... Glow 08-21-06 14
           RE: Thanks... bullzeye 08-21-06 20
 RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 rockdog 08-20-06 3
   RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 Glow 08-21-06 4
       RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 rockdog 08-21-06 7
 RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 cycles2k 08-21-06 8
 RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 Loree 08-21-06 9
   RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 geg6 08-21-06 10
       RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 weltek 08-21-06 16
       RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 Loree 08-21-06 17
           RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 Glow 08-21-06 18
   RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 Glow 08-21-06 11
       RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 geekboy 08-21-06 24
 RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 Magnolia_Rocker 08-21-06 13
 RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 weltek 08-21-06 15
   RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 Glow 08-21-06 19
       RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 SilverStar 08-21-06 21
       RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 cheesybread 08-21-06 22
           RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 Glow 08-21-06 25
 RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 cheesybread 08-21-06 23
   RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8 Glow 08-21-06 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-20-06, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-06 AT 01:23 PM (EST)

I'll be watching it later tonight, for sure, after I catch Entourage. Reading what you recapped about the Webisode, specifically about Dilana, confirms my thoughts that Dilana is a morph of Jordis & MiG from last year.

I'll be looking forward to hearing Ryan's orginal, because I trust your recommendations, Glow.

I'll be back with my comments later . . .

ETA -- That was a great Webisode! Dilana was not good in her interviews, so willing to talk smack about her competition. I do have to say that the lady from 98 was a bit of a beeyotch herself and she was baiting Lukas big time & I'm glad he didn't fall into her trap.

I never laughed so hard as I did listening to Dilana attempt to find her falsetto -- tears to my eyes, side busting laughter. That was truly horrendous.

I am most excited to hear Ryan's original song & Toby's Layla.

I think Patrice's original will be her swan song & I'm glad they gave it to her, like Zayra before her. Give her one more chance to show what she's about before getting the boot. Although, maybe SN really wants her to stick around longer and there will be a shocker boot, you never know.

Storm is getting a little freaky lately. Something just ain't right with that chick. Too much testosterone flowing.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-21-06, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
awwwww. Thank you, Catty. BTW, I watched Entourage but it is a total blur because it comes on right about the same time the spoilers come home and spoil us.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Meemo 3517 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-20-06, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Thanks..."
... for the recap.

We'll be watching tomorrow tonight on TV (yay Canada!)

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

08-21-06, 00:43 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Thanks..."
pffft. Lucky Canadians. *sa mooch*

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-21-06, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Thanks..."
Will we Meemo? I have looked at the listings and it appears that Global is not airing it at 10pm tonite as is normally does.
Instead it is airing Prison Break (Yay!); Vanished, and the final installment of Treasure Hunters. Am I missing something?

08-21-06, 11:03 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Thanks..."
I hear it's on Tuesday night.

lucky Canadians...

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-21-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Thanks..."
Tuesday nite is the regular note for the performances to determine bottom three and this week, we have been pushed out to 10pm for some unknown reason. The webisode normally airs at 10pm on Mondays.

That said - I followed your lead and watched the webisode on line. Even better that TV - I can watch it whenever I like!

rockdog 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-20-06, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rockdog Click to send private message to rockdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
Thanks for the update. Where did you watch this at? At rockstar.msn it still has last week show.

08-21-06, 00:40 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
oops? I can't play directly from the msn site but I assumed since they were posted, they were there? No? Anyway, got the links from rockband.com.

rockdog 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-21-06, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rockdog Click to send private message to rockdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
Thanks

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-21-06, 02:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
Dilana made a boo boo. Let's see if it comes back to haunt her. Give me a B, give me an I, give me a T ...........

That woman reporter was pathetic, looking for controversy where none really existed. Give me a B ....

I hope Toby gets his moment with Layla. He also did a great imitation of Dilana's falsetto.

Ryan's song could be great. Sure he micromanaged, but it is his song and he needs it to be played the right way. He said his mom likes it, and you don't mess with that baby!!!!!.

It was the best of the webisodes so far.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
I think this webisode is bad news for Dilana in more ways than one. In one episode she has turned off the fans of every other rawker in the house. If Dilana was truly the choice that they were going with. Why would the producers want to do this? As the show gets closer to the end they want to bring the fans onboard with the next lead singer of Supernova. They will have to try and find a way to make the viewers of the show happy with the final decision. They do not want to alienate fans. And after watching this only the die-hard Dilana fans still want her to win. If anything it has banned the fans of all the other singers together. It is almost like an "anyone but Dilana" feel out there. Maybe this is MB's master plan. Dilana has a large fanbase. But if Supernova wants to go in another direction. Then they need to try and build up the fanbase of the other choice. Turning everyone but the diehard fans against Dilana sounds like a plan. Plus even Dilana fans are getting sick of the special treatment she gets on performance night. I think Dilana is being set up. I don't think she will ever win this. She will make it to the finale. But she will not win.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-06 AT 09:59 AM (EST)

I sure hope you're right. And, knowing MB, I wouldn't doubt that.

I know that by this time last year, the bad edit for JD had been completely turned around. As you point out, Dilana's is getting worse. Is it her head getting too big or is it MB's editing brilliance? Perhaps a bit of both.

What makes me suspicious is that the band has never yet criticised her in any way, shape, or form. And she's deserved it many times since the first few shows. If she had no chance of winning, I don't think that would happen. I just wish they'd quit salivating all over her (though I'm not sure that they all do. It may even just be Dave doing it for all I know) and give her the kind of constructive criticism they give the others.

I'm sooooooo over Dilana. Can you tell?

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
I think the difference in the bad JD & bad Dilana showings are that JD reformed HIMSELF and thus the editing changed. He realized he was pissing people off & honestly felt bad about it. Dilana doesn't seem to give a hoot.

I guess I don't mind her bitchiness so much as I expect a bit of it in reality shows. I tend to dislike the "big love fest" people more. Sick, I know.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
>What makes me suspicious is that
>the band has never yet
>criticised her in any way,
>shape, or form. And
>she's deserved it many times
>since the first few shows.
> If she had no
>chance of winning, I don't
>think that would happen.
>I just wish they'd quit
>salivating all over her (though
>I'm not sure that they
>all do. It may
>even just be Dave doing
>it for all I know)
>and give her the kind
>of constructive criticism they give
>the others.

I think this is similar to Jordis last season. She started out strong. She got the tongue bath until INXS/Dave couldn't do it with a straight face anymore. It built Jordis up to the point that she couldn't top herself and she fell hard.

Dilana started very strong. I thought she was great the first couple performance shows. Then when I no longer thought she was that perfect I noticed that she continued to be treated in a way none of the other rawkers were. It was curious that everyone else was given advice on improving and yet Dilana was just told she was perfect. Why? I think they wanted a strong performance by a female to show that yes they were considering a female to front their band. Before the show started Gilby, TLee and Jason all made several comments about picking a lead singer and it was always said in the he/him/his phrasing like they expected to pick a male. So I think they were happy to see a female start off strongly and she built a large fanbase. So Dave and the boys fed this and didn't want to look critical of Dilana. But MB learned from last season (Jordis) what happens when you build a person up. And this is being used so they can dismiss Dilana at the end and pick their male choice. If they had no intention of picking Dilana they didn't have to give her advice to improve. She would not be fronting their band. Why care if she saves her voice or learns anything.

08-21-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
That is my favorite Grassy Knoll theory, Loree. I visit that one often because it is so totally possible.

08-21-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
ugh. I would hate for her to even make it to the finale. But they must really want her to since they never bring the important stuff from webisodes to the television show. The average viewer still thinks she's some "I love everybody" type, I fear. I do really hope you're right and her votes will take a major tumble.

Lest we forget, I was a HUGE fan in the beginning...

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-21-06, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
Personally, I love her. She has all the makings of a true "rock star". She's got an ego, she's got "balls", she can party, and she has a big mouth. And don't forget she has a classic rocker's voice.

So she opened her mouth and trashed some of the competitors. Who cares?! She's been extremely consistant in her performances so far. she's earned that right. I don't hold anything against her.

Remember, boys & girls, we're still in a huge competition to front Supernova. Mind games can work wonders in a singing competition.

geekboy

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-21-06, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
Dilana is such a biatch. I am honestly surprised that Lukas didn't have a few choice words with her. I sure would have. I'm also pretty sure that I'm going to have to hit mute during her performance tomorrow night to save mine and my dogs ears.

I'm also not sure what is going on with the editing this year. They show her in her honest bad light during the webisodes but then leave that out during performance night. Then add to that the vomit-inducing love fest that the guys all give her after she sings. *boggle* Here's hoping she lands in the bottom three this week to topple her off that platform she's set herself on.

A Syren Masterpiece!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
Thanks, Glow. This one does sound like a worthy watch. LOL at Lukas saying he thought Dilana was the dog. Wait. There's a dog?

Also, LOL at Toby making Dilana run around nekkid. Funny boy.

08-21-06, 11:41 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
I just recently heard/read somewhere that there are a few dogs.

I forgot to mention D taking the opportunity to say that Storm disliked the SN's "Leave the Lights On" lyrics and that Ryan disliked the song.

As I mentioned elsewhere, being a bitch is not always a bad thing. Being a bitch with no couth and no apparent knowledge of proper etiquette can't ever be a good thing.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
When Storm was sitting outside being interviewed, a dog ran behind her and she said "That's my publicist" or something. LOL. So yeah, I guess there is at least one dog.

A Tribe work of art

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-21-06, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
I forgot to mention D taking the opportunity to say that Storm disliked the SN's "Leave the Lights On" lyrics and that Ryan disliked the song.

At least Storm was able to clarify, though it was in the beginning, the after elimination dinner scene. She said she wasn't crazy about it at first but Dilana sold her on the song. So not only did she say she did like the song, eventually, she complimented Dilana on her performance of it. Then Dilana threw her under the bus, along with Toby, Patrice, Lukas, and Ryan.

08-21-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
and Magni.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-21-06, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"

I was shocked by Dilana's comments. And I was surprised/impressed with Lukas.

First Dilana: You could see she made a conscious decision, when asked, that she was going to be honest. And she felt that she was honest. However, all she did was embarrass herself. If I were Supernova I would be very dissapointed with her. And I hope they call her on it tomorrow night. (Bet's anyone?)

Second Lukas: With that witch (with a capital B) interviewer he kept his cool, but made it clear that he wasn't going to give in to her jabs. I thought he did well, and I believe what Jason said is true. If they don't treat you with respect, then you don't have to respect them. Lukas, from what we saw, impressed me.

I would love to hear the entire interviews of some or all of them. Then we could really form a good opinion of how each one handled themselves.

08-21-06, 11:17 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Webisode 8/20 - Week 8"
Remember they did the stage performance clinic where they all watched themselves and Jason critiqued them? The hope is that they will do the same thing with the press clinic thingy. *crosses fingers*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •