The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-16-06, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

(Possible Spoiler).

I soooooo did not want them to pick Dilana when they said they were playing. I didn't even enjoy the song, even if it did have writhing girls on stage.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoil... mememi 08-16-06 1
   RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoil... cycles2k 08-16-06 2
 Encore too: cycles2k 08-16-06 3
 People standing cycles2k 08-16-06 4
   RE: People standing mememi 08-16-06 5
 Bottom 3 cycles2k 08-16-06 6
   RE: Bottom 3 alwaysintruble1 08-16-06 7
   RE: Bottom 3 nailbone 08-16-06 11
   RE: Bottom 3 Glow 08-16-06 13
 Going home...... cycles2k 08-16-06 8
   RE: Going home...... xwraith27 08-16-06 9
       RE: Going home...... Tonya_Harding 08-16-06 10
           RE: Going home...... cycles2k 08-16-06 12
   RE: Going home...... Savahnna 08-17-06 23
 RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoil... Glow 08-17-06 14
   RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoil... cycles2k 08-17-06 15
       RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoil... Glow 08-17-06 16
   RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoil... MKitty 08-17-06 29
 RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoil... Loree 08-17-06 17
   RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoil... LisaPles 08-17-06 18
   RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoil... triednottowatch 08-17-06 19
       RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoil... Magnolia_Rocker 08-17-06 21
   RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoil... Savahnna 08-17-06 24
 Magni's Creep weltek 08-17-06 20
   RE: Magni's Creep Wacko Jacko 08-17-06 22
       RE: Magni's Creep Savahnna 08-17-06 25
       RE: Magni's Creep Magnolia_Rocker 08-17-06 27
           RE: Magni's Creep happybarb 08-17-06 28
           RE: Magni's Creep toddE 08-17-06 31
   RE: Magni's Creep Savahnna 08-17-06 26
   RE: Magni's Creep cycles2k 08-17-06 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mememi 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-06, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mememi Click to send private message to mememi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
missed the first 15 minutes or so, anything noteworthy? I did catch the end of the song. I'm not into the writhing girls, but what I heard didn't sound too bad...
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-16-06, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
All that you missed was a recap of yesterday and Dave saying that he said mean things to Storm yesterday because he knew she could take it. Then they asked Toby about naked running.

08-16-06, 08:28 PM (EST)
3. "Encore too:"
Ryan and I think he did a great job.

08-16-06, 08:32 PM (EST)
4. "People standing"
Zayra
Patrice
Toby
Magni
Storm

Storm jumped up and cheered when her name was called.

Dave says that Magni and Storm should not be standing. He followed up with something about Storm's "I will survive" being bad but that she sang it well.

Now we get the part where Brooke drags out naming the bottom three as long as possible to create climactic drama when we find out who they are.

mememi 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-06, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mememi Click to send private message to mememi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: People standing"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

Thanks for the recap!

quote: "Dave says that Magni and Storm should not be standing. He followed up with something about Storm's "I will survive" being bad but that she sang it well."

What does he expect when he and the whole band trashed the song in the performance show? Sometimes the voters do actually listen...

Not surprised at Z and Patrice... Z's original song was lovely but really opposite to the band's style, and Patrice is kinda hanging on by a thread many weeks. Did anyone catch the shots of Jason while Z was singing? He is really into her singing. I've read others post that he's keeping her around, might be sometihng to it. We'll see tonight

08-16-06, 08:49 PM (EST)
6. "Bottom 3"
Zayra
Patrice
Magni

I don't remember what Zayra and Patrice sang but Magni is singing "Creep". I think it was a poor choice because Lukas nailed it when he sang it.

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-16-06, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bottom 3"
I'd be really shocked if Zayra doesn't go tonight.

I'm not sure what it was she sang, but to me it sounded like she gave up on the band and was singing something that was her style.

Even still I was cringing as she sang. I can't see her staying around another week.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-06, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Bottom 3"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 11:22 PM (EST)

Z sang a song by her buddies from Dallas, Blue October.

Sounds like she knew it was her time.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Bottom 3"
Patrice did "Celebrity Skin" to remind Luke what the lyrics are.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

08-16-06, 08:56 PM (EST)
8. "Going home......"
Zayra.

Gilby said that Magni is very far from going home.
Tommy said that they believe Patrice has potential for SN.
Dave said something but I didn't listen.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-16-06, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Going home......"
Not very surprsing, if at all. At least she left us with a good song from the performance night.

Now I'm looking forward to the week after Patrice goes (which, hopefully, is next next week), when we will be left with people who have all had at least one really good performance--contenders in their own way.

Tonya_Harding 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-16-06, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tonya_Harding Click to send private message to Tonya_Harding Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Going home......"
Im Mad, I think Patrice should have gone.

08-16-06, 11:22 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Going home......"
I would have prefered to see Patrice go too. I was really starting to look forward to Zayra's performances.

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-17-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Going home......"
>Zayra.
>
>Gilby said that Magni is very
>far from going home.
>Tommy said that they believe Patrice
>has potential for SN.
>Dave said something but I didn't
>listen.

It was either Dave or Gilby that said to Zayra...something about taking risks...and referenced her original song from Tues night and "a song tonight I never even heard of". then said "let's see if it pays off for you tonight" Then said to Patrice "you have been in the bottom 3 a few times now and that concerns us.

Personally I thought it sucked to give that tease for the ulitmate letdown for Z and savior for Patrice.

08-17-06, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-06 AT 00:15 AM (EST)

My thoughts on the show:
When they showed the snippets of everybody singing to the track, I thought the only one that stood out as not sounding quite right was Zayra. It sounded as if she was singing on top of the music instead of with it.

I wasn't surprised that they picked Dilana to perform with them first. Were any of us? Probably not. And she did what she could with a true piece of crap song. But from listening to her older stuff, it's apparent that she is used to singing crap lyrics. The dancers were interesting. The little thing that Dilana did, accurately described by others as a Michael Jackson kick thing, was very strange. I didn't understand most of the lyrics. I don't blame that on her, I blame that on the music being turned up too loud on the mix. I've never had any difficulty understanding her singing. So my opinion? It's too early to say. I did not like this song at all. Not even a little bit. Would it have been better if Lukas was singing it? I honestly don't think so. They NEED somebody to write lyrics and melodies though. So unless they intend, which I believe they do, to have a male and a female singer, they're screwed picking a chick because we all know IF they choose a chick, that's their chick. All the guys that are left can write, so they'd be better off swinging that way unless they do go with an X and a Y. IF they do, it is obvious who the X and the Y will be as it has been since day uno. IF they do choose one singer, it should be a male. Any of the guys left could do it. But Lukas, Ryan, and Magni should run for cover. Would I buy this album or concert tickets with crap like I saw on my television tonight? Not in a million years. But. I'm not ready to make a final decision about SN as a whole just yet. I'd like to hear what others sound like singing with them on different songs. Hopefully very different songs. oh. And they could REALLY use a lead guitarist.

Ryan for the encore was a wise and pleasurable decision. I liked it very much. TY SN. He's so intensely and hauntingly yummy.

Lukas' eye makeup was very cool. Not many men could pull that off, I don't think. I like.

Magni's "Creep" was very cool. "I don't belong here," he sang obviously alluding to being in the bottom 3. No you didn't, hon.

Patrice's "Celebrity Skin" was okay. She should bring more of that to all her performances. I still didn't like it anywhere near as much as "My Iron Lung".

Zayra is gorgeous. She worked her way into my heart, that girl did. I think she's going to be one of the ones I try very hard to keep up with. The Blue October song was very cool. "I freaked out, thinking people didn't love me. I watched closely as the you I knew forgot me. In letting go, I am so proud of what I've done." Very nice, Mizztrezz Z. Classy. I did cry, FTR.

This show is going to be very rough for me from here on out. I'll cry with every person leaving, for sure. I don't want to start counting weeks down because it depresses me that I won't have them (Lukas and Ryan... well and Storm, Magni, Zayra) to watch anymore. waaaaaah. Somebody hold me and tell me it will be okay.

ETA: Some gorgeous.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

08-17-06, 01:29 AM (EST)
15. "RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
9810 postings and counting. Do you get a new DAW level at 10,000 Glow?

it is obvious who the X and the Y will be as it has been since day uno

Dave falls all over himself praising Dilana and they just gave her the lead in the first ever SN performance. I was starting to believe we had a real competition here thanks to Ryan, Storm and others but alas it appears that the conclusion remains obvious. Next week will be the Y. Wonder who it will be *cough*Lukas*cough*.

08-17-06, 07:49 AM (EST)
16. "RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
At 10k, I get another PB Centerfold photo op.

I'm not holding my breath to see Luke next week. I have a feeling they may make him hold out like they did with the encore.

*sigh* Wednesdays to Sundays are loooooooooong.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-17-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
I found your comments really intersting...in that I had a very similiar reaction to Z. She really started to grow on me. I hate her with a passion every week, and then about 2 weeks ago her quirkiness started to grow on me and although I'll be the first to admit that she is not right for the band, I wished that Patrice had gone last night instead of Z...as Patrice is just so damn boring. YEs, she did a decent job of celebrity skin, but I was really starting to like Z's quirkiness and attitude.

I rolled my eyes when Dilana got the first shot. It was okay...but was really, really stoked for our hottie boy Ryan to get the anchor. Damn he's fine! I was kind of freaked out when Magni chose Creep...and i was disappointed that two of the elimination songs were Lukas's songs! WTF? Anyway, I like Magni and there was no way he should "belong there".

It is so obvious that Patrice and Toby are the next two to go...

Enjoy your new career Z!! (and yes, my stomach will likely too be in knots for the rest of the show as I have soft spots for all the remaining rawkers (except for Patrice)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
That Supernova song was bloody awful. And except for several "C'mons" I have no idea what the words were. I couldn't understand what Dilana was singing. And I just didn't like it at all. If this is what their band will be like. They will not be getting one penny from me for CDs or concerts.

I'm actually glad they picked Dilana first. Gives us weeks to forget about this. Let her be the guinea pig while they figure out what they are doing. I think who they pick in the next few weeks to sing will be more telling.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
>That Supernova song was bloody awful.

I agree. I would so much rather hear the House Band. Even when the individual band members play with one of the Rockers on a song, I almost always think the House Band member would have been much better. Specifically Gilby. I haven't heard him do anything on guitar that I thought, "that sounded great". Don't think it's going to happen.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-17-06, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
After hearing that song, I hope Dilana DOES win. I don't really care for her anymore and I was underwhelmed with the song AND her performance, so good luck you crazy kids. And as Glow noted, they really, I mean REEEEAAAALLLLYYYYY need a lead guitarist. Dave, hop up there man!

That song sounded like something a garage band threw together......a not so good garage band. If Supernova's collective talent matched their egos, they would be awesome, but alas, such is not the case.

Jimi was great but Jimmy wrote the Page

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-17-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
Too bad we couldn't switch bands with the VH1 super group, of course you would have to drop Sebastion. The fit he would throw would be quite entertaining though, hmmmmm.

A Tribe Original!

08-17-06, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 8/16 Elimination Episode (spoiler for West coasters)"
>That Supernova song was bloody awful.
> And except for several
>"C'mons" I have no idea
>what the words were.
>I couldn't understand what Dilana
>was singing. And I
>just didn't like it at
>all. If this is
>what their band will be
>like. They will not
>be getting one penny from
>me for CDs or concerts.
>
>
>I'm actually glad they picked Dilana
>first. Gives us weeks
>to forget about this.
>Let her be the guinea
>pig while they figure out
>what they are doing.
>I think who they pick
>in the next few weeks
>to sing will be more
>telling.

I agree with everything you said here. I'm hoping she will be more forgettable to us AND them as others have the chance to raise the bar.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Magni's Creep "
Holy carp that was AWESOME! He did very well vocally (waaay better than Lukas & even better than Marty last year) on this very difficult song. He knew his limits and how to adjust his vocals accordingly.

And his stage performance? Nothing short of riveting. The last part where he was sitting down was effing awesome.

I've always been indifferent about Magni, but wow did he uber-impress me last night.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-17-06, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Magni's Creep "
Only saw magni's performance. I was kinda shocked he was in the bottom three because I thiught he was the 2nd best on Tuesday. Glad he survived but I knew he would. In my opinion Sotm should've been in the bottom three....not saying she should've gone home either but a performance that bad should've been there...just goes to show she has a high fan base....kinda reminds me of Suzi last season who did not do anything for me either.

As for Zayra, everyone will regret cutting her. I am not saying because she should front the band, but out of all the performers she is the ONLY ONE that gave performances each week where you never new what you were going to get. She had the ability to change things up so much. Every single person left has begun to sound the same each week. Thisw happened last season...with the exception of JD. Remember how each week Marty would continue to do 'grunge' type songs week after week. We knew what we had last season by this point and the only thing that kept it interesting is what order did INXS want to cut everyone. Brace yourself of boring performances coming up. Zayra will be missed. Notice how Zayra has started to build a little more respect each week....it was her ability to creatively change songs and the element of surprise we all loved. That love grew because we were beginning to get bored with the others.

08-17-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Magni's Creep "
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-06 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

>
>As for Zayra, everyone will regret
>cutting her.

I really hope that's the case. Dave had the most priceless look on his face when she was singing. She's really powerful. I would go to her concerts and pay big to see her. I think she's a sweetheart. She was very gracious upon leaving (as they all are)...but she never compromized her style or values throughout the competition.

I want to call it a "mistake" to cut her loose before Patrice but it's not my call or band.....but she kept bringing on new stuff while Patrice stagnated. They know neither was going to make it to the finals....so it would have been more entertaining to watch Zayra for a week or so more than Patrice. But they also see the details of the viewers votes which we don't and who knows what their issues with her are beyond what we see.

I just hope we see more of her somewhere

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-17-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Magni's Creep "
everyone will regret cutting her

No, not everyone. My entire household shouted in joy when she got the boot. Bout damn time. An ok performance this past week in no way made up for the horrific performances in prior weeks. So long Z, you won't be missed.

A Tribe Original!

happybarb 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-17-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail happybarb Click to send private message to happybarb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Magni's Creep "
I have to admit...I actually shouted out loud as well! I was so ready to see her go. Patrice drives me crazy but I haven't ever liked Zayra!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-17-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Magni's Creep "
Well, both people in my household were disappointed to the extreme.

We had given up hope of Zayra winning, but consistently enjoyed her performances more than pretty much any of the others.

So, she will be missed. Unfortunately, after boring Patrice goes, relatively entertaining Toby, Storm and Ryan will probably be next, leaving (in my opinion only of course)a final three of the consistent yet dull Magni, consistent but one-dimensional Dilana and consistently popular but uninteresting Lukas (yeah, I know, everyone loves him).

Knew Z was going, just hoped it would be at least after Patrice.

08-17-06, 10:38 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Magni's Creep "
>Holy carp that was AWESOME!
>He did very well vocally
>(waaay better than Lukas &
>even better than Marty last
>year) on this very difficult
>song. He knew his
>limits and how to adjust
>his vocals accordingly.

YES

08-17-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Magni's Creep "
I thought it was a mistake for Magni to choose a song that Lukas did so well. I watched it alone the first time and felt he did it very well but that his performance lacked the intensity of Lukas' performance. I watched it a second time with my wife she was very impressed with Magni so what do I know. I also realized that Magni's falsetto was probably a little better than Lukas'. Magni is the nicest guy, but I still question his stage presence.

As for cutting Zayra, I will miss her and wish they had chosen Patrice. Zayra had no potential for SN, but I was becoming a fan of her performances, personality and creativity. I doubt Patrice is a real contender either, but that is for an entirely different reason.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •