The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Supernova Love List: week 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-15-06, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Supernova Love List: week 7"
So what did you think of the week seven performances by these eight rockers? Have new favorites emerged, did old favorites make your heart beat faster yet again, or who disappointed and had you scratching your head wondering what the *bleep* was that?

Remember that a love list is all about you and whatever you want to base it on. As long as you’re being true to your feelings, then it is correct.

1) Ryan Star – Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight” (6,8,7,3,1,3) WOW! Captivating, mesmerizing, and outstanding. Give the boy a little piano and he shines like the Star he is. I’ve already watched this performance a few dozen times and it’s still not enough.

2) Dilana – Harry Chapin “Cat’s in the Cradle” (1,1,1,1,2,2) Sounded delicious and looked like a big piece of chocolate cake that I wanted to sink my teeth into. My best friend in the world never knew his father and gets choked up every time he hears this song on the radio. So I convinced him to watch tonight, then called right after Dilana performed and he had tears in his voice. We spent about the next 10 minutes talking about Dilana and her story. Yep he’s now hooked on her and the show.

3) Lukas Rossi – Chad Kroeger “Hero” (3,2,5,5,7,1) Jason is really starting to bug me with this open up your throat criticism. Dude that was gold! Sounded great and I thought he showed even more layers of his voice tonight then he did last week with Creep.

4) Zayra Alvarez – Original “Lluvia De Mar” (2,5,2,10,9,8) Didn’t understand a word but that’s okay because I can get past it. Not sure if there was any pitch problems because I don’t know Spanish, but thought it sounded fantastic. If she goes this week or next, glad she has been rewarded for the entertainment value by getting to put an original into the ears of millions of worldwide viewers.

5) Magni – Davis Bowie “Starman” (13,4,3,4,4,4) To Bowie-ish? Yep. As always Mr. Consistency sings great but plays it safe. I know it was stripped down night but I just wonder if he is rock enough. Come on Iceman, do something-anything crazy on stage! I also question whether or not he “feels” the lyrics he sings.

6) Toby Rand – Peter Gabriel “Solsbury Hill” (10,3,10,7,6,6) I know I risk having eggs thrown at me from all the ladies because of the bum shots but Toby was as bland as ever tonight. The bongo thing was kinda cool but would you want to see it in a Supernova concert?

7) Storm Large – Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive” (5,6,4,2,3,5) Love me some Stormy but vocally, this was her worst. Thought I accidentally turned on American Idol and was watching a really bad lounge act. I forgive her for a getting a totally lame producer song choice but there was more wrong then right.

8) Patrice Pike – The Police “Message in a Bottle” (8,10,9,12,10,10) Thank goodness for Patrice! Been a long day and I really needed a little catnap. zzzz zzzz zzzz huh what? Lukas & Storm are up next, okay I’m awake now. When Tara’s version from last season puts yours to shame Patrice, starting rubbing butter & jam on yourself because you are toast.

Booted: Josh Logan (7,9,11,6,5,7) – The Soulman was cool but so not right for Supernova. Dug his style and sound when not in the Kermit tone. His boot came about where I thought it would.

Booted: Jill Gioia (12,14,8,11,11,9) – The first rawker this season whom I’m actually happy that is gone. Everything about her just rubbed me the wrong way, good riddance. Harsh? You bet but not having to endure her screaming this week felt really good on the eardrums.

The order the contestants appeared …

Zayra Alvarez – Original “Lluvia De Mar”
Magni – Davis Bowie “Starman”
Patrice Pike – The Police “Message in a Bottle”
Lukas Rossi – Chad Kroeger “Hero”
Storm Large – Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive”
Toby Rand – Peter Gabriel “Solsbury Hill”
Ryan Star – Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight”
Dilana – Harry Chapin “Cat’s in the Cradle”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Glow 08-15-06 1
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 dreamerbeliever 08-16-06 5
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 nailbone 08-16-06 27
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Glow 08-16-06 29
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 nailbone 08-16-06 36
                   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Glow 08-16-06 37
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 nailbone 08-16-06 2
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Iconoclastic 08-16-06 3
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 nailbone 08-16-06 28
   Ditto Breezy 08-16-06 39
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 cycles2k 08-16-06 4
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 cheesybread 08-16-06 6
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 bullzeye 08-16-06 51
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 TanNymph 08-16-06 7
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Magnolia_Rocker 08-16-06 8
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 happybarb 08-17-06 53
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 michel 08-16-06 9
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 CattyChat 08-16-06 10
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 geg6 08-16-06 11
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 nailbone 08-16-06 35
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 cycles2k 08-16-06 38
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 xwraith27 08-16-06 12
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Wacko Jacko 08-16-06 13
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Magnolia_Rocker 08-16-06 14
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 geg6 08-16-06 16
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Glow 08-16-06 17
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 KimD 08-16-06 52
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 michel 08-16-06 18
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Wacko Jacko 08-16-06 19
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 geg6 08-16-06 20
                   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Wacko Jacko 08-16-06 23
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Magnolia_Rocker 08-16-06 22
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 SilverStar 08-16-06 25
                   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Glow 08-16-06 31
                       RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 SilverStar 08-16-06 34
                           RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 michel 08-16-06 43
                               RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 nailbone 08-16-06 44
                                   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Magnolia_Rocker 08-16-06 45
                                       RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 geg6 08-16-06 46
                                           RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 nailbone 08-16-06 47
                                               RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 geg6 08-16-06 49
                                                   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 nailbone 08-16-06 50
                               RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 SilverStar 08-16-06 48
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 cycles2k 08-16-06 41
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 Loree 08-16-06 15
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 djandy 08-16-06 21
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 MKitty 08-16-06 24
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 weltek 08-16-06 26
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 slickeronstate 08-16-06 40
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 SilverStar 08-16-06 30
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 toddE 08-16-06 32
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 weltek 08-16-06 33
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 7 slickeronstate 08-16-06 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-06, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Seriously. We need more pictures of these people. They're gorgeous!

1. Lukas - Hero - Is there anything in this world more beautiful than Lukas? No? Oh okay, yeah. I didn't think so. Love the fauxhawk. Love the priest's collar. *giggle* We were totally in synch on Sunday. LOL. umm. He had his PB bunny tattoo covered up. His voice was absolute perfection on this song. *flips off Jason* I would have liked him to stand but sitting was okay too. I want to lick his microphone when he's done with it. He was using a right-handed guitar upside down. My first thought was couldn't they have gotten him a left-handed one, but then I remembered something he said. He can use a left-handed gutiar or a right-handed one upside down but he creates differently (gets different sounds) from them. Or something along those lines. I loved his eyeshadow. Did anybody else notice how it was coming down all curvy like? I got all kinds of chills from this performance. *goes to experiment with eyeshadow*
2. Ryan - In The Air Tonight - chills before the first note. More chills after he started singing. His voice is beautiful. It doesn't hurt that he's drop dead spank me gorgeous either. gah. I had to turn the air conditioner on. He looks so much like ice cream to me. *lick* I loved his jacket. My boys killed tonight. I can't say anything else about Ryan on this board.
3. Zayra - Lluvia De Mar - That was stunning. She is stunning. I don't know Spanish at all and I would buy her CD. Yay Z!
4. Magni - Starman - I love his voice. I love that vein! *lick* Great song choice for Mr. Magni-ficent. He has such a great voice. But I wasn't digging the white suit.
5. Toby - Solsbury Hill - okay. Gilby sitting up on the piano distracted me. I tried to ignore it but I couldn't. *sigh* Dude. Get.down. Seriously. ew. Anyway... Toby. I'm glad he picked up on the tune of the song. I love how he switches up the lyrics. Usually. I love this song though. So I wish he'd have kept the lyrics. But! There was feeling there in his face. Very nice. Bongos! That's sexy. I really really liked it.
6. Storm - I Will Survive - meh. I love her. She has extra credit. I loved the last "I". She could have done so much more with this song. I don't think she needed to copy the Cake version, but I think she should have leaned more towards that one than the disco one. She looked beautiful but she needs less clothes.
7. Patrice - Message In The Bottle - I love her voice but meh. zzzzzzzzzzzz. I keep waiting for her to "My Iron Lung" me but she keeps not doing it. *thunk* <-- That was Gilby falling out of his chair because he fell asleep.
8. Dilana - Cat's In The Cradle - She looked beautiful. But. I hated this performance. ugh. I hated it so much. My apologies to the D fans. This is a heart wrenching song and it was just boring AND she fvcked up the song big time. Majorly. This song tells a story and she said "son" through the whole thing. Hated it. Hated it. blech. What planet is the band on? And come on, best performance of the night, Dave? lmao. If by best he meant worst, we're on the same page.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
My apologies to the D fans.

It's all cool Glow. If you and others are not fully aboard her lovetrain, you probably never will be. I just totally dig her gravely voice and basically everything about her. Does she kind of sound the same every week? Sure, but that is not a bad thing to my ears because she does is it so well.

At least we can agree on Ryan and I do have at least one foot on the Lukas lovetrain

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
I've been a D fan from the beginning, but this week was not good, cuz she messed up the lyrics. And not in a "musta got nervous and forgot the words" way (although she did mix up "moon" and "spoon" one time. In a "changed the entire meaing of the song" way (last verse HAS to be "dad", not "son"...HAS to).

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

08-16-06, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Wait a second. Flip that, hon. Only the first verse should be "dad".

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

08-16-06, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
No, I mean in the chorus...

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
When you comin' home, Son?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then, Dad
You know we'll have a good time then

08-16-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
gotcha. *smooch*

08-16-06, 00:00 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 00:01 AM (EST)

Top 3 - Zayra, Lukas, Ryan - all were just wonderful tonight.

Middle - Storm, Toby, Dilana - not bad, but not great.

Bottom - Patrice, Magni - both were just "eh" for me.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-16-06, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 02:47 AM (EST)

1) Ryan – “In the Air Tonight” - I loved his intensity on that song, he's really coming on

2) Dilana – “Cat’s in the Cradle” - Wasn't as intense as Ryan but still in a different league from most everyone else

3) Zayra – “Lluvia De Mar” - She's totally on the wrong show but that was incredible

4) Magni – “Starman” - Great performance, he's got an outside shot at winning this thing

5) Storm – “I Will Survive” - I wasn't blown away but didn't think it was nearly as bad as the panel of addicts did

6) Lukas – “Hero” - Skunk Boy mumbles and winks his way through another one

7) Patrice – “Message in a Bottle” - I'm starting to feel a little bit sorry for her

8) Toby – “Solsbury Hill” - The good news is that half of the lyrics weren't totally messed up, the bad news is that he sang them all like a pussy

08-16-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
6) Lukas – “Hero” - Skunk Boy mumbles and winks his way through another one

And too much smiling. Wrong for that song.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Ditto"
That's how I would rank them and with pretty much the same comments. Would also say that Dilana could have been first if she would have sang the "son" and "Dad" parts right.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-16-06, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 03:06 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 02:57 AM (EST)

1) Ryan Star – Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight” Exceptional performance. That song and that man belong together.

2) Lukas Rossi – Chad Kroeger “Hero” Lukas nailed it. I partially agree with Jason that Lukas constrict his throat and hope he listens to Jason's advice because it is going to help Lukas become gold.

3) Zayra Alvarez – Original “Lluvia De Mar”. This was a beautiful peice and she sang it beautifully. I thought the violins added a lot.

4) Magni – Davis Bowie “Starman”. He was not brilliant and I was not moved but I enjoyed Magni's performance.

5) Dilana – Harry Chapin “Cat’s in the Cradle” I love that song and sang along but I was disappointed by Dilana's performance. She takes zero risk and is singing every song identically now. She is also becoming personally unlikable.

6) Toby Rand – Peter Gabriel “Solsbury Hill” I agree with Dreambeleiver that Toby was a bit bland.

7) Storm Large – Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive”. I have become a Storm fan but think she stunk up the joint with that song. I wish she would stop the insane laughter when she interacts with the band, it makes her look like a stalker ex girlfriend. At least she took a risk with her song choice and she has much credit from prior performances.

8) Patrice Pike – The Police “Message in a Bottle” Unfortunately Patrice remains consistently mediocre.

Other ratings:
Dave Navarro - I no longer pay much attention. He exaggerates everything and spends too much time hitting on the women.
Jason Still like him a lot. He is really trying to help these performers with constructive criticism.
Gilby I am warming towards him as I see that he too is trying to provide constructive criticism.
TLee Bad week for Tommy. He didn't really say anything important and was too excited about the shenanigans in Vegas.
Brooke Barely noticed her this week.
House band excellent as always.
Violins A great touch.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-16-06, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

I just want to point out the first Nirvana free week in a while!
Now on to my rankings:

1. Ryan Star – Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight”(5) - I thought this would be a great song for him, given his intensity. He didn't dissappoint. I wasn't crazy about all the changes to the song but I think this is more a result of the time limits on the songs.

2. Lukas Rossi – Chad Kroeger “Hero”(3) - He did a great job with this song. He is definitely raising his game. I too am getting tired of Jason's constant harping on his vocals. I thought what he did worked for him tonight.

3. Storm Large – Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive”(2) - You say, "What? How can you rate her so high? That sucked!" First, let me say, yes, it did. However, I don't know how you could make that song, not suck. The only time I have been entertained with that song is when it is used for comic effect (i.e. Men in Black II, remember the alien pug singing, or the little alien flash movie spammed across the 'net.) Second, I give high marks for the effort. She knew it wasn't great, or maybe even good, but she stuck with it and tried her best to make it work. Vocally, she got the job done, it was the arrangement that wasn't so good. Third, she is smokin' hot, and this is my love list!

4. Magni – Davis Bowie “Starman”(1) - Magni delivers yet another quality, polished, performance. Again, no gimmics or tricks, just straight ahead good singing. I'm starting to think he has a real shot at this, given his age, general musical knowledge, and ability to adapt to each song.

5. Toby Rand – Peter Gabriel “Solsbury Hill”(4) - Another very good performance. I thought he sang this a bit high and it sounded a little odd to me. However, he never seemed out of tune (to my untrained ear). I liked the bongo's. Was missing some of the emotion in the song.

6. Dilana – Harry Chapin “Cat’s in the Cradle”(6) - Her voice alone can give depth to a song, as it did with "Time After Time" and "Ring of Fire". However, I didn't buy this song coming from her. She sounded good, but because of the words and her mannerisms she seemed to be singing it for someone else, not telling ths story as if it were her own. Maybe the lyrics, being from the father's point of view, had something to do with it.

7. Zayra Alvarez – Original “Lluvia De Mar”(10) - She sang well, but there wasn't anything for me to grab onto with this song. The music wasn't interesting enough to hold me, and I didn't understand the words, so meh.

8.Patrice Pike – The Police “Message in a Bottle”(8) - Her voice sounded good, but Patrice seems out of ideas as to how to make us pay attention to her. During the comments she seemed resigned to the fact that she is next to go. Her B3 song will be a swansong tonight.

Gone baby gone: Jill(9), Josh(7) - Jill has a good voice but needs someone to tell her how to use it. Her musical instincts seem all wrong. Josh will continue to play to sold out bars in Manchester, NH.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-16-06, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Third, she is smokin' hot, and this is my love list!

Word CB. Word!

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-16-06, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
1. Ryan - I'm liking him more and more. I loved the song and loved him singing it. He's becoming better looking and sexier as the show progresses. ( Note: Could just be Glows pics, thanks! )

2. Lukas - I liked it. He has the "it" factor for sure. Great vocals.

3. Magni - Nice job.

4. Storm - Her vocals were great even if the band didn't like it. I thought she was unfairly "spanked". I like her voice the best of all of them .

5. Dilana - Best of the night?, not for me. It was a good performance, but I guess I expect more from her. I was turned off by the "I'm the one" comment.

6. Toby - Didn't care for this much. Don't really like his voice. He is still a hottie, though.

7. Zayra - Just aw'ight.

8. Patrice - I want to like her but she is just boring. I think its her turn to go.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-16-06, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
1. Ryan Star – Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight - *fans self* Good lord. That was HOT!!! All the other contestants best look out because Ryan is coming roaring up the tracks these past few weeks. Beautiful voice and a gorgeous man together = me being a puddle on the floor. Add to that the totally vampire motif he had going on last night (I'm seriously addicted to anything vampire). *fans self some more*

2. Lukas Rossi – Chad Kroeger “Hero” - It's wonderful to see him doing lighter songs. I can actually get a feel of his real voice now and not just the growl. Not that I hate the growl but just want to see some change up too and he delivered. Good job!

3. Toby Rand – Peter Gabriel “Solsbury Hill” - I thought Toby did a great job on this song and the bongos at the end was a great touch! Plus he gave me much fantasy fodder with the naked pool thingy.

4. Magni – Davis Bowie “Starman” - Dude has a beautiful voice but he bores me on stage. He needs to step that up a bit.

5. Storm Large – Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive” - All the guys can kiss my a**. I liked the arrangement and thought she did a great job with a (for this competition) suck song. I think they let the song get in the way of her performance. Go Stormy!

6. Zayra Alvarez – Original “Lluvia De Mar” - I will start off by saying I liked her better than I normally do which is not at all. BUT. She still hits bum notes while singing her own original song? That's a loser for me. It was a nice change though that she didn't look like she just stepped off the U.S.S Enterprise.

7. Dilana – Harry Chapin “Cat’s in the Cradle” - I'm done with her. She sings in the same exact tone every.single.week. There's no way in hell I could sit through a 2 hour concert with her singing. I can barely sit through her performances every week now. Such a disappointment cause I had high hopes for her at the beginning.

8. Patrice Pike – The Police “Message in a Bottle” - STOP WITH THE SMILING ALREADY!!!! I screamed that at my TV during her entire performance last night. Her vocals were off, her presence on stage was non-existent, she just sucked. So long Patrice.

A Syren Masterpiece!

happybarb 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-17-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail happybarb Click to send private message to happybarb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Thank you! Someone else who thinks Patrice just smiles way too much. No matter how intenese the lyrics are she's still got that cheesy grin on her face. I like her voice but it pains me to watch her perform!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 09:23 AM (EST)

The Contenders

1-Magni – David Bowie “Starman” : He made me forget Bowie’s rendition. Do you realize how hard that is? It was a strong performance, the best of the night.

2-Lukas Rossi – Chad Kroeger “Hero”: I thought Magni would pull into the lead but Lukas delivered. He is as much an actor, showing his emotions, as he is a singer, rocking it!

3-Dilana – Harry Chapin “Cat’s in the Cradle”: I don’t think it was the performance of the evening but it was powerful and emotional. Great talent!

At this point, I feel Magni would be the choice if Supernova wants a long and productive career of recording and touring. He’s probably the most dependable and the strongest musician.

If they want to have a meteorite-like impact, then you have to decide between Lukas and Dilana. Those two would rock any house. I still really enjoy both and can’t decide.

A Step Behind :

Ryan Star – Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight” : When he doesn’t move, Ryan is excellent as he was last night. When he rocks, he looks as out-of-place as a 360 lbs defensive lineman who has just recovered a fumble and needs to run through a crowd! He isn’t a stage performer and that is the only reason I took him out of contention.

Storm Large – Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive” : I find Storm extremely attractive but I can’t keep her in contention anymore. That was painful and except for “Anything, Anything” and “We are the Champions” she hasn’t done enough. This should get her bottom 3 and would treat us to a new performance!

Interesting but out of Place

Zayra Alvarez – Original “Lluvia De Mar” : That was nice and it showed to her bashers that she had more than sex appeal to justify her presence on the show. She’s not for Supernova but adds to the show.

You’re Still Here?

Toby Rand – Peter Gabriel “Solsbury Hill” : That was HORRIBLE! I know I love Gabriel too much but even so: When the eagle “was something to observe” the singer should make us feel it is a wonderful sight, not deliver it with his eyes closed. When you are “standing, stretching every nerve” it should sound painful, not just another line to deliver on tempo. And when “I’m gonna take you home”, it should be a joyous dance, a trip around the arena, something, but not standing there like an imbecile. That was Toby. If Supernova wants someone to bang on the congas or play with a megaphone. he's your guy!

Patrice Pike – The Police “Message in a Bottle” Why was it a “Message in a BAttul”? She’s cute but boring as always.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Pleasantly surprised last night, the performances were overall better than I expected.

My top picks are all fairly close & hard to rank which is better.

1. Dilana (1, 6, 1, 1, 3, 4) -- I'm with Dave, Chills.

2. Ryan (10, 12, 9, 3, 1, 2) -- He sure has stepped up lately. There's still a cold detachment there that I do not like, though.

3. Zayra (2, 8, 3, 10, 6, 7) -- Absolutely beautiful. Her original is not for SN, but I'm glad she was able to show what she does.

4. Toby (4, 1, 7, 6, 4, 3) -- Love the sound of his voice, he pulled it off, and he's so yummy. More "fighting" with Dilana for songs, she knows what everyone wants to see.

5. Lukas (5, 3, 4, 4, 8, 1) -- Great job, but I thought he sounded very strained going into his falsetto (hated it) and I do have to agree with J. that he really constricts his vocals. It hurts my throat listening to him. I think he is his own downfall this season. He needs to relax & enjoy the experience, because his "'tude" is taking a toll on him. (Sorry, Glowie. He's super talented, but I think this competition is dragging him down.)

G.A.P.

6. Magni (13, 7, 2, 5, 7, 5) -- He's Mr. Consistent, but last night he was just a bit boring.

H.U.G.E.....G.A.P.

7. Storm (6, 2, 8, 2, 2, 8) -- What was she thinking?????

8. Patrice (7, 11, 6, 11, 9, 9) -- She should have went last week instead of Josh, but was saved by her fan??? Snoozefest.

Booted: Josh (3, 4, 12, 7, 5, 6) -- Sorry he went so soon.
Jill (12, 14, 10, 12, 11, 10)-- Sorry it wasn't sooner.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Wow. Not a good night for most of our rockers. Of course, the play list pretty much sucked, but I don't think some who could have made the most of it.

1. Ryan Star – Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight” - I don't care what Dave said, this was the performance of the night. He has just been simply amazing the last three weeks and he hit it out of the park with this one. Gritty, dark, and that voice!!!! Dilana is insane. I'm really beginning to think that he's the one.

2. Lukas Rossi – Chad Kroeger “Hero” - He sure showed some true versatility in his voice with this one. Don't like the song at all, so the fact that I'm rating this high is a miracle. I'm with Jason in that there was just a teeny tiny bit of that throat constriction going on in some parts, but in the case of this song, it worked.

3. Dilana – Harry Chapin “Cat’s in the Cradle” - She's only here by default. I'm deathly tired of her. She does the same thing, week in and week out. I'm over it. And? I saw Harry Chapin do this song live at college. He sang it gritty that night. Dilana's gritty didn't come close and had almost no feeling to it. Not very good, just better than the rest.

4. Magni – Davis Bowie “Starman” - One of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists. It was a serviceable version and his voice is amazing. But it didn't move me at all and just sounded like he was going through the motions.

5. Toby Rand – Peter Gabriel “Solsbury Hill” - First, the criticism: he speeded the tempo up way too much. And his voice sounded a little weak. But I loved the bongos and his enthusiasm. And nekkid cute guys with swoony accents get extra points just for that.

6. Zayra Alvarez – Original “Lluvia De Mar” - Without a doubt, her best performance yet. It was the first time I had any kind of appreciation for her voice. It was a lovely song and perfect for her. Unfortunately, it highlighted exactly why she is totally wrong for this show and this band.

7. Patrice Pike – The Police “Message in a Bottle” - Girl has a wonderful voice. I thought she sounded pretty good. I just don't see any of the kind of stage presence the frontperson for this band needs. And the smiling during this song bothered me quite a bit. It's not a happy song.

8. Storm Large – Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive” - I can't believe I have her here. But that was just awful. Awful. Pitiful. Yes, her voice is great. But I kept thinking to myself that if I had this song, I'd have done some sort of hybrid Courtney Love/Alannis Morrissette arrangement. I'd have made it angry and raw and tough, like the words are. But she was lazy and it showed. If you can't party and still be creative, don't party.

08-16-06, 12:56 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
I'd have made it angry and raw and tough, like the words are.

She seemed to start off like that, talkin' bout "sittin' on your ass" and "I should have changed that frickin' lock ". But then she just kinda settled into it and sang the lyrics, as written, with nothing creative.

08-16-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
I saw Harry Chapin do this song live at college.

Lucky you. That must have been incredible. I regret that never attended a Harry Chapin because I think it would have been an experience that I would have cherished.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-16-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

1. Magni - He's really grown on me. It's obvious when he's onstage that he just loves to be there and perform. No trapdoors or mirrors, just the real thing.

2. Ryan Star - The vocals on this song in particular were great. However, I can't help but feel like he oversang a bit towards the middle of the song. One great thing about Ryan though, is that he stares into the camera without that "deer in the headlights" look. He just draws me in.

3. Zayra Alvarez - This is probably the only time that Zayra will be this high into my list. I don't understand Spanish (although I did take a one-day course on basic Spanish), but I found the entire performance interesting, very much unlike most of her previous attempts.

4. Dilana - She lost me. Unlike some other people, I haven't gotten tired of her voice (although I still think that as a vocalist, she's clearly not the best in this group). I was just expecting a completely different emotion for this song than what she presented. It was as if she was singing for the sake of impressing people, not for telling the story of the song.

5. Lukas Rossi - I'm starting to get used to his growl, but his falsetto was still painful to listen to. I also hated the upper portion of his outfit. It made me think of a drag queen trying to rock.

6. Storm Large - Definitely the weakest we've seen of Storm vocally. I'm not sure if she forgot the lyrics or if it was just really how she rearranged the song, but I hated it either way. I loved the falsetto at the end, but that really can't save this otherwise shaky performance.

7. Toby Rand - I'm not sure what's wrong with this performance; I just didn't like it. It's probably because while he fought to perform this song with Gilby, we (or at least I) didn't sense any chemistry between them.

8. Patrice Pike - The funniest thing happened while Patrice was singing. The picture on my TV got blurry and I lost audio for a couple of seconds. But that's probably a good thing.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-16-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

First off, guys I have noticed that by now we know all these performers like a book. Some say Dilana sounds the same every week and some say Patrice sounds the same every week. I think EVERY performer sounds the same every week. No one performer is a culprit.

Also, I also see that certain people will not see the weaknesses of their favorite performer even if they got up there and sang the ABC's.

1. Dilana – Harry Chapin “Cat’s in the Cradle”. Easily the best of the night. Easy the best performer of the season. Look I like Toby and Zayra the best, but even I see that Dilana is the best on this show. She has it all. No, she won't win any vocal competitions, but this is not American Idol. She has the package....and this week I now see that Dilana is the clear choice to win this competition. Just as much clarity as JD was the right choice for INXS.
2. Magni – Davis Bowie “Starman”. It took me a while but I now see how good this guy is. I never heard the song before last night and I was really sold on his performance. He looked so professional.
3. Ryan Star – Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight”. I am not a big fan of this guy. Too many weaknesses. But last night his performance had some nice intensity. And for once I did not laugh at his performance.
4. Toby Rand – Peter Gabriel “Solsbury Hill”. He had a nice performance. Showed some nice vocal ability. His performance however started of on the slow side. I too liked the bongos.
5. Zayra Alvarez – Original “Lluvia De Mar”. As I mentioned I like Zayra. By no means do I think she should be the lead singer for this band. Jason really loves her....heck if she don't win maybe she can date Jason. I just think she is so creative and a great stage performer.
6. Lukas Rossi – Chad Kroeger “Hero”. This one is weird for me. Still think he is the #2 favorite to win. Tommy loves him....even more than Jason loves Zayra. I just think his unique vocal style is getting boring. It was unique at first, now not so unique. Has good stage presence however and I still always stay glued when he performs, but after not keeping my eyes off him after the performance I looked at my wife and neither of us really liked the performance.
7. Patrice Pike – The Police “Message in a Bottle”. Patrice is Patrice. Say good-bye Patrice.
8. Storm Large – Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive”. Her performance last night was the worst performance of the year by any candidate and I think it was even worse than all of last years performances. What set it apart was not only was it bad but it was embarrassing. You can just suck and that is fine but to really suck to the point of this you don't get any worse. I will write a longer critique here because first off I am shocked (but not really shocked) that some people actually liked this. The reason I am not shocked is because people have their Storm blinders on. They liked her from the beginning and they will like her til the end no matter what she does. People fault the song. Sure the song sucks but she once again showed no originality. She took a disco song and didn't even really try to change it. A Band called Cake covered this song in a different way so it can be done. Has Storm even once shown any creativity? She has done every song the way it was originally performed......except..........she portrays every song like a broadway play......an overacted broadway play where they sing every word in the play. I was thinking Storm was a lock to make the final five and after this one she is in deep trouble. Actually I now like her less than I like Patrice. She is corny and you know what she reminds of Ginger Grant from Gilligan's Island. You know how Ginger acted like she was the biggest Hollywood actress and was actually overacting everything and over estimated her talent. Storm is Ginger Grant.....except worse. PU....I can't believe people really liked that. How about that goofy dance she did at the end to top it off? The worst performance on the show ever!

08-16-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Now see, you say those of us that liked Storm's performance have blinders on and I will say that I feel the same way towards you about Dilana's performance. She had exactly two tones last night. One for the verses, one just slightly higher for the chorus. B.O.R.I.N.G. and not original. To each his/her own I guess.

Summer siggy thanks to Syren!

08-16-06, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
I'm with you, MR. Not only boring and unoriginal, but no sense of the meaning of the song.

She's way too full of herself, with little reason IMHO.

08-16-06, 10:51 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
I agree. But, not with the "with little reason" part of your statement. They have all been inflating her ego since day one. I wish at least one person would have stopped at least by day 14. Them not offering a critique can't be a good thing for her though.

KimD 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-16-06, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KimD Click to send private message to KimD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Exactly. She 'performed' (and pranced through) a song that needs to be SUNG. HATED it.

08-16-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 11:01 AM (EST)

To each his/her own lovelist of course but this is an audition. The band agreed with Wacko Jacko's appraisal of that "performance". Storm may have lost the job last night while Dilana made it one step further.

Note to Wacko: It's not always blinders! Some rate the performances mainly on looks. If Toby wasn't a pretty boy, he'd be gone after last night's horor.

08-16-06, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Difference is I am not a Dilana backer. I have not said that everyone of Dilana's performances have been spectacular. Actually like I said Toby and Zayra are my favorites. Dilana was the best last night even SuperNova said it. All four panalists said Storm sucked, but people on here can not accept the fact that Storm sucked. I do think Dilana is by far the superior performer on the show and I think EVERY performer this season has establish a particular sound. Dilana's performance last night showed the great chemistry she has with her audience. Before seeing the performances Cats in the Cradle and I Will Survive were both tough choices. Difference was dilana was able to make it work Storm did not.

08-16-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Well, I have Storm (who I love and have said I'd switch hit for) as my last place. So your theory falls apart there.

And just because Dave said it was the best performance doesn't make it so. I don't recall anyone else saying that.

08-16-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Not saying everyone has blinders on. But to rank her performance high last night is crazy. I picked her for the final 5 maybe even final three but after last night....I doubt she makes teh final 5 unless she never hits the bottom 3.

08-16-06, 11:23 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
No difference, Storm's not my favorite either. Favorite female left, yes. Favorite to win it, no. At the moment I'm picking Ryan as my personal favorite edging Toby out by a nose. At first? My favorite was Dilana, but not since about week 3 or 4.

Summer siggy thanks to Syren!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
but people on here can not accept the fact that Storm sucked.

*sigh* Ok. It is NOT a fact that Storm sucked. It is YOUR opinion, buttercup. There is a huge difference. And just because you thought it sucked and the band thought it sucked does not mean that everyone else did or should think it sucked, too. And it does not mean that just because some people thought it was ok or even good, that they are only saying that because they love Storm and think she can do no wrong. I get so sick of people acting like their opinion is the only one that matters, and anyone who doesn't agree with them is wrong or blind. Ugh.

A Tribe work of art

08-16-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Sometimes, I take these kinds of comments to be joking or mocking. Because I make the same sort of comments quite often. I don't think everybody is wrong for not liking Lukas or whoever. I just like to try to make a case for them (the person that I'm in disagreement over - usually Luke) as to why I do. Maybe that's what he's trying to do here (in reverse) but just not very well.

And besides, to me, my opinion is the only one that matters. Course, I've fully admitted to being blinded and biased.

And besides that, I know/think/hope you all know I'm kidding (sort of) when I say I'm always right (but it's true).

08-16-06, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
I don't mind if people try to explain WHY they feel the way they do. I don't mind trying to be persuaded to feel a different way. I can listen, be open-minded and try to see what they see. I do mind when people try to state their opinions as facts. Now maybe it's just because we are good friends that I don't feel offended when you claim you are right. I'm used to hearing that, and I just go about my disagreement in peace. *grin*

A Tribe work of art

08-16-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
FACT = Storm herself said her performance was bad and that she deserved the "spanking".

Any comments that don't reflect that sound more like apologizing for her or fan encouragements. I like Storm very much and if she is in the Bottom 3, I'd be happy to see what she could do with her own choice of a song. With that said last night SUCKED! If I had to choose right now, she wouldn't get the gig while last week I thought she had a 1 in 4 chance. It's my opinion for sure but opinions are best formed by seeing all the facts.

08-16-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
No, she said she LIKED a spanking.

08-16-06, 03:05 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
No, she said she LIKED a spanking.

What hot blooded woman doesn't?

A Syren Masterpiece

08-16-06, 03:06 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Exactly.

08-16-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
*swoon* *thud*

You got a red wavy-flag thingy

08-16-06, 03:54 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
You're so easy.

Didn't see that! And now you do, too.

08-16-06, 05:04 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Pot.Kettle.

08-16-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
FACT = Storm saying her performance sucked is her opinion. No one has to agree with it.

I'm certainly not going to write her off just because she had one bad performance. Jeez. Everyone has a bad night. That said, I would also like to see her in the bottom 3 and see what kind of performance she would give.

A Tribe work of art

08-16-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"

This is a love list, which is not necessarily indicative only of the last performance or whether or not anybody thinks the performer is right for SN.

I thought Storm sucked but there is no way I would put her at the bottom of my list because she gets credit for a series of very strong and interesting performances. If you rewatch last year, take a look at JD singing We are the Champions - that was an epic train wreck yet he went on to win.

Dilana is becoming a bit boring to me. Her voice is always the same and she is no longer taking any risks. She did some great stuff at the beginning (Ring of Fire) but when she sings "Cats in the Cradle" as if it were "Lets do it in the Stable", she looses me because I felt she missed the essence of the song.

In my opinion, Ryan and Lukas are growing as the competition proceeds and, like most others, my love list rankings change weekly.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
I have to admit this was my least favourite episode this season. In fact after the first 3 performances I was almost asleep. Luckily Lukas was there to wake me up.

#1. Lukas - he was without a doubt the best of the night for me. I don't even mind Jason's little comments anymore. Jason seems to have taken a strong interest in Lukas' voice and that can't be a bad thing. If he was not considering him he wouldn't care if he ruined his voice. Unlike Dilana where none of them bother to make any suggestions. But I thought this was a strong performance by Lukas. Yes he probably could have had a stronger performance if he was not sitting. But it was a nice change and they are always telling them to change it up.

#2. Toby - I really liked this performance by Toby. He was better than usual for me. Although I did giggle at how Gilby was sitting on the piano.

#3. Ryan - he would have been higher on my list if not for the first couple notes. He sounded a little off to me at first. But he really got into it and was very intense and I liked it.

BIG GAP....

#4. Magni - I really didn't care for anyone that much after my top 3. But I have to put them in some order. Magni has a great voice. But I find him lacking in stage presence. As Dave Navarro says in his blog. Magni hasn't showed that WOW factor. I would enjoy listening to him on the radio. But I would never pay money to watch him on stage.

#5. Patrice - she is like the female Magni. Nice voice but boring on stage. I wouldn't pay to see her in concert either. But I could listen to her if I didn't have to watch her.

#6. Zayra - she is just so wrong for this competition. If someone had tuned into the show for the first time tonight and saw her on stage. They would have never believed they were watching a show called Rockstar. I assume she did a very good job of her original. But I was bored. And that is not my usual reaction to Zayra.

#7. Storm - oh this was bad. I normally think Storm is the best of the females. But she had her trainwreck performance this week. I doubt it will hurt her too much. She seems to have a strong fan base. But things have not been going her way lately. She got the edit of fighting with Jill and then getting called on the Gilby comment. Now she gets the smackdown from the judges. Are they sending a message to her?

#8. Dilana - I just don't enjoy her anymore. I find her boring. I never thought after the first couple weeks that I would be saying this. But she has not improved at all. I see and hear the same thing from her every week. And besides boring me I have developed a dislike for her. So she will be on the bottom of my list till she leaves. I also think I get irritated by the obvious way the band and Dave gushes over her and never says anything even slightly critical about her. Dave has said in his blog that she is his favourite. And he never fails to remind us of that. Just like he was with Marty last year. In Dave's eyes Dilana can do no wrong. But why the other guys never say anything negative is puzzling. Nobody is perfect. Maybe they just want the public to think they are seriously considering a female.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-16-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
I really enjoyed the acoustic performances.

1.) Ryan Star – Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight” - THIS is the song that gave me chills. Wow!
2.) Lukas Rossi – Chad Kroeger “Hero” - I loved it when he opened his throat and sang, not so much when he constricts his voice.
3.) Zayra Alvarez – Original “Lluvia De Mar” - beautiful song. Totally wrong for this band, but beautiful song.
4.) Dilana – Harry Chapin “Cat’s in the Cradle” - I too had some trouble identifying with Dilana singing as the Father.
5.) Magni – Davis Bowie “Starman” - boring.
6.) Patrice Pike – The Police “Message in a Bottle” - boring.
7.) Toby Rand – Peter Gabriel “Solsbury Hill” - boring - even while singing with Gilby.
8.) Storm Large – Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive” - tanked. Although Storm has enough cumulative points that she should "survive" the next elimination.

Out) Jill - I'm so glad we don't have to hear her screaming, arguing, and bickering anymore.
Out) Josh - I will miss the soul man.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-16-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
I was fairly underwhelmed by some last night...but some really rocked my world.

Comments by order of their appearances:

Zayra: Beautiful spanish love song...the best she has done so far, but sooooo not appropriate for this band

Magni: Mr. Consistency: I always love a good Bowie song and he did a commendable job of this one

Patrice: ZZZZzzzz... after one of the posters once said she looked like she belongs in a children's festival singing children's song...now I can't get that image out of my mind!

Lukas: LOVED it!!! He did it way better than Chad Kroeger (sorry Chad...but he did)

Storm: I love that song...but wasn't sure that I like the way she handled it. Felt bad for the extreme grief she got from the boys..thought that was a bit harsh. Loved the comment from Tommy that it was "sauteed in wrong sauce"...LOL...

Toby: Bongo Man! He is perky and fun...but not sure he is right for the band. Again, loved the Tommy comment: "And Toby...nice #####".. tee-hee!

Ryan: My new name for him: Mr. Intensity. Wow...drool...yup, Glow, I damn near licked the TV screen...drool... LOVED it (or, gee, could you tell?) Definately my new favourite.

Dilana: Whatever. Good song, but she didn't engage the crowd as I didn't hear anybody singing along despite her encouraging them to (and then I looked at the crowd and realized that nobody probably knew the song as they are all so young!) She is just not doing it for me anymore...

So, my fav's were:
Ryan
Lukas
Magni

"Whatevers" were:
Toby
Storm
Patrice

My good but not appropriate:

Zayra

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Yawn.

1) Toby Rand – Peter Gabriel “Solsbury Hill”
It was quite good for a song I'm indifferent about. He managed to still rock it a bit. Loved the bongo drums!

2) Ryan Star – Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight”
Great vocals. Had a lot of depth.

3) Dilana – Harry Chapin “Cat’s in the Cradle”
Meh, it was good. Not "oooh and ahhhh like Dave," but still good.

4) Magni – Davis Bowie “Starman”
Again, Meh, it was good.

5) Lukas Rossi – Chad Kroeger “Hero”
He only is here because I HATED the other three. I am getting really tired of how he contstricts his voice & yet is given props. His voice could get so lost in the Supernova sound.

6) Patrice Pike – The Police “Message in a Bottle”
I used to like her voice. Now, I officially dislike it. In the last few weeks her voice has sounded exactly the same on every.single.song. The words have changed, but it sounds like she's singing the same song over & over.

7) Zayra Alvarez – Original “Lluvia De Mar”
Beautiful song, beautiful Zayra. However, sooooooooo not right for Supernova. I think it was extremely selfish of her to fight for the song & then produce something that was soooo obviously not Supernovaish.

8) Storm Large – Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive”
WTF was that? I kept hoping she's burst into a rockin' lil' version after the first verse. It never happened & the song just kept going downhil. She could've had so much more fun & involved the audience with that song. Booo hisss for someone that's usually a favorite of mine!

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-16-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
I was not around so I apologize if this was already commented upon - the Vegas trip.

Delana and Storm were both kissing Tommy - yukk.

Gilby seems to be more at ease now that vulture Jill is gone - but seems to favour the chicks as well.

I don't think Jason is hot for Zayra - he may like her ecclectic style but - I imagine he is married - and he is not the playboy bimbo that Dave and Tommy come across as being.

Starman by Bowie is a classic. It is not some obscure song.

Too bad Ryan didn't give "In the Air Tonight" that Miami Vice hard core rock sound - but then again this show was "unplugged". What precisely did that mean? I thought it meant just an acoustic guitar and vocals not a string quartet and drums, etc. (Not an authority).

Keep Toby - he's cute!

08-16-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Eh. I wasn't overly impressed with anyone this week, except for Ryan. I thought everyone else was pretty blah.

1. Ryan

-gap-

2. Zayra -- At #2 on my love list? *shock* But I loved the way she sang this. As everyone agrees, not right for SN, but still beautiful.
3. Magni
4. Toby
5. Lukas
6. Storm -- Was this great? No. But it was not as horrible as the band made it sound, IMO.
7. Dilana
8. Patrice

A Tribe work of art

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-16-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Well, my tastes are different than most. And this season I don't know what "Supernova" is even really meant to be about.
However, this season is more entertaining than last season, even though I think the winner's "prize" will be considerably less tangible and lasting than what JD got, an actual job fronting a real band.

Last season I quit watching before the last few episodes because I got very bored with the performers (which hasn't happened yet this time), but at least they sang INXS songs pre-elimination so the band could get some idea about how each singer would do INXS songs.

Anyhoo...

1. Dilana-I hate that song sooooooo much, and when she sang it last night, I didn't hate it so much. She is kind of one-dimensional, but her shtick works (she's still beat-up looking, though. so there).
2. Ryan- He is generally very boring to me, but last night he made me like his version of another song I'm not very into.
3. Zayra- Everyone says she's "Wrong" for the band, but I think she is very entertaining. I do speak Spanish, so maybe I liked it better than most. If her song had been more "rock," I would put her as number 1. She is my favorite overall.
4. Toby-OK, I don't like that song either. Props to those who make me not hate crappy songs. And extra props for his gimmicks...it was the bongos that won me over. Without his props, he is kind of bland.
5. Lukas-I don't like his look or his voice. But a lot of people do, and he wasn't that bad, I guess.
6. Patrice-She was her usual boring self, but she wasn't as boring as...
7. Magni-Usually I think he is competent but bland. This week he was extra super dull.
8. Storm-I actually love that song, due to the lyrics. But Storm doesn't seem to relate to those lyrics and thus, she is the weakest of the night.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
Glad to see I'm not the only one that doesn't like Cat's in the Cradle, nor Starman, nor Solisbury Hill....

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-16-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 7"
I agree with the first part Todd. Who really knows what the band sounds like. Is one to mesh 3 different bands and find some hybrid? At least with INXS you knew and JD was a good Hutchence sound-alike.

Maybe that is why Tommy is so fond of Lucas. He can best play the angry rocker?

Does Jason even have any tat's?

Too many primadonnas they don't really need a lead singer - maybe someone to look good on album cover - go with Storm or Toby!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •