The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-14-06, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
First of I congradulate Lukas. He was the best person for the gig with SuperNova. SuperNova knows best what they want and if it is Lukas all power to them. We all could argue so and so should of gotten the gig...my personal favorite was Toby.....but to say he or anyone else (besides Lukas) should've gotten the job is wrong.

The contestants all got booted in a certain order. For the most part I think the boot order determined who the best on the show actually were. We can all argue at the very top but this was not American Idol this is a different show. The band is really the one who votes not us. Which brings me to the comment that Tommy Lee made that the fans wanted Lukas and that is why they picked him......that is complete hogwash, but it was SuperNova's choice. A lot of a band is chemistry. We did not see SuperNova really hanging out with any of the rockers. Not only Lukas' style but his personality probably came into play.

Like I said I like Toby. Toby presented a party rock atmosphere. Lukas presented more of a dark moody atmosphere. SuperNova could of been striving for what Lukas provided.

All that being said from the very beginning most said the final two would be Lukas and Dilana. That is exactly what happened. In the end as I felt all along....wavering a little three-quarters of the way thru.......I knew SuperNova and Tommy especially wanted Lukas. I have this friend who was convinced that SuperNova would take Magni....my friend may of preferred magni but to me it was obvisious who SuperNova wanted all along. I think there may of been some convincing by the other guys to get Tommy to look elsewhere. But you could tell Tommy was getting frustrated. Towards the end he seemed a little edgy and I think he just wanted to get this thing over with and get started with his boy....he did not want the voters telling him to take Magni (or anyoneelse). I mean they have seen these rockers perform since probably spring at the try outs. Sure Tommy might of favored Lukas from the start. But he did have other members of the band and I think Tommy got frustrated with having to argue for Lukas throughout the show. Lukas was probably his choice in advance but that is going to happen. Even on shows like the Bachelor you can not tell me that the Bachelor picks his favorite from the beginning.

To be honest I voted from the beginning of the show, but once it got down to the final four I said screw this. SuperNova has made up there mind for me to alter what they want to do is selfish on my part. Voting on the final show did not do a thing for me....I knew it wasn't going to get me any more performances by my favorite. I could not bring back Zarya....I could not get the band to pick Toby if they did not want them.

One more comment, I do believe that SuperNova was slanted towards picking a male from the beginning. So many might wonder why so many females....and those candidates that had no chance to win. In the end the show allowed not only males....but females to showcase their talents on national tv. So I see no problem with it. In the future I will however discard any chances for a female to head most bands.......maybe they get No Doubt on the next version then that all changes.

In the end, It is their band and when it is said and done I am happy with the decision. Good luck to 'SuperNova' (or whatever your name is).....and all the other rockers. I think they had a very talented cast this season.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... MKitty 09-14-06 1
   RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Grim_Recycler 09-14-06 2
       RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... MKitty 09-15-06 10
   RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Loree 09-14-06 3
 RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Dakota 09-14-06 4
   RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... DeltaPin 09-15-06 5
   RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Glow 09-15-06 6
       RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... LisaPles 09-15-06 7
           RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Glow 09-15-06 8
 RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Glow 09-15-06 9
   RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... LisaPles 09-15-06 11
       RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... petitegirl 09-15-06 12
           RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Bravehart 09-15-06 13
               RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Glow 09-15-06 14
                   RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Lex Icon 09-16-06 15
                       RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... HistoryDetective 09-16-06 16
                       RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Iconoclastic 09-16-06 17
                           RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Bravegirl 09-16-06 18
                               RE: Comments on the Decision of 'S... Savahnna 09-18-06 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-14-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
I jumped for joy when Lukas won! I was very excited...as I thought for sure they were going for Dilana by the end. I was in the "Anyone but Dilana" camp, so am very happy that she was not the one. I agree it is all about chemistry with the band..AND popularity.

Canada Rocks! Woo-hoo!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Grim_Recycler 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-14-06, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Grim_Recycler Click to send private message to Grim_Recycler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
He's a DISGRACE to Canada, though... Geddy Lee could kick his #####...

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-15-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
Excuse me???? Geddy Lee?? (trys to get off floor from laughing so hard....)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-14-06, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
I am very happy Lukas won too. But I spoiled myself yesterday afternoon. So I knew he had won before I watched the show. It's funny but after the first show I picked Lukas, Dilana and Toby (in that order) as the final 3. Amazing that it really came down to that.

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
I agree, Wacko! I followed the show, but never voted and never posted here during the show. Like you, I disagree that they chose the "fan" favorite; they chose the person they felt fit their mold, and rightfully so. When Lukas was singing the other night and they cut to the "judges", Navarro was holding up his cell phone, basically telling people to vote for Lukas. I'm not a fan of Tommy Lee or his music, although I like Dave, Gilby and Jason, so I didn't really care who they chose. I do hope that Toby and Magni get a great gig somewhere, doing what they love.

DeltaPin 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-15-06, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DeltaPin Click to send private message to DeltaPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-06 AT 00:45 AM (EST)

I think Tommy's comment was that the band's choice also happened to be the fan favorite choice in the last vote. Not that they just chose the fan favorite.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-06, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
Nope. Dave was holding up his cellphone because that's what people do at concerts (instead of lighters).
Lukas has a HUGE following, btw.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-15-06, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
I agree with your analysis of the show Wacko and that the cast included some very talented people. In the end the band has to pick who they think will "fit" with the band. After all, they are the ones that have to work with this person. I didn't watch last season but I really enjoyed watching it this time.

I also enjoyed discussing the show with all of you on this forum. What a nice group of people! Goodbye for now and maybe we will meet again next time around. ~ Lisa

09-15-06, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
What?!?! You're leaving us?

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

09-15-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
Sounds good!
http:www.myspace.com/supernova

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-15-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
I mean, goodbye for now on the RockStar forum. I will probably see some of you around on the other forums!

petitegirl 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-15-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petitegirl Click to send private message to petitegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
I was unhappy when they picked Lucas, I guess I am the only one that did not care for him. His singing & his look were horrible. Looks are not everything but I guess some people like dudes with eyeshadow & lip gloss????? Gross!!!!! My #1 choice was Toby a real man. I sure hope he gets a deal like Ryan, he DESERVES it. Just my opinion. I guess Lucas is what SuperNova wanted.

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-15-06, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
I agree with Supernova's choice. Being Canadaian doesn't sway me in the least (yea right). Seriously, this is what the band was looking for. They wanted someone with an edge who is also very creative. They were looking for more than just a singer from the beginning. Look at the lead singers from Supernova's original bands...Axle Rose didn't wear makeup? The singers from their origianl bands all had a "dark" edge. Just my humble opinion.

09-15-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
I agree with their choice too. ummm... needless to say.

They all wear some makeup. Including Toby. Lots and lots of eyeliner those last few weeks.

Is anybody listening to the tracks on the myspace page? I'm digging.

Lex Icon 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-16-06, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lex%20Icon Click to send private message to Lex%20Icon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
I can't resist coming in with a boot swinging - it's all too awful for words, honestly.

- a lot of people vote with patriotic fervour; bollox to the Icelander, screw the Aussie, hurrah for our boy/girl, etc etc.

- women are the predominant voters, whether it be on-line or by phone. Dilana received their vote as well as those guys who had an honest opinion and recognised her talent. The detractors were those women who thought "Oh gosh, crumbs...isn't he cute...I love his eyes, lips, eyebrows, etc etc. The last thing they really loved was his voice. They'll be sorely disappointed with the CD then, won't they?

- Lukas truly sucks as a singer. That said, they can doctor anything in a studio - even the devil incarnate. The guy is a skunk-haired, throttle-voiced, dwarf-figured, crippled-hobbit example of what is ROTTEN in music these days. He was despised by his peers - which makes choosing him typical of the 'couldn't care less' attitude of today's musicians.

The only recognisable band member here in Asia was Tommy Lee, but that was for his 'accommodation' of Pamela rather than his musical prowess. The other two....who?

- the band is a joke. They can't even conjure an original name, let alone an original thought. Dave Navarro should be embarrassed for his inane comments ("Awesome" being every other word of his). What a wanker!

INXS at least had something, i.e. kudos, and were looking to recapture that. This bunch of charlatans are in it for the quick buck (hence Navarro's 'executive' production). We all enjoyed the ride, but that's it folks.

Much is the pity that reality TV has captured America's heart and mind - just look at the preponderance of shows of that ilk. Can't lives be lived in the first person anymore, or do they have to be hinged so emotionally on the vicarious actions of some two-dimensional stranger?

Yes...I watched the show...I enjoyed the talent, as well as the multitude of renditions of songs of my time. I also got a kick out of coming on here and reading some of the tripe that was posted (not by all, mind you).

It was the closest I came to touching those that actually bothered picking up a phone to vote.

It was my 'close encounter'

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
Lukas truly sucks as a singer. That said, they can doctor anything in a studio - even the devil incarnate. The guy is a skunk-haired, throttle-voiced, dwarf-figured, crippled-hobbit example of what is ROTTEN in music these days. He was despised by his peers - which makes choosing him typical of the 'couldn't care less' attitude of today's musicians.

the band is a joke. They can't even conjure an original name, let alone an original thought. Dave Navarro should be embarrassed for his inane comments ("Awesome" being every other word of his). What a wanker!

INXS at least had something, i.e. kudos, and were looking to recapture that. This bunch of charlatans are in it for the quick buck (hence Navarro's 'executive' production). We all enjoyed the ride, but that's it folks.

Can't argue with any of that... I think the band and the the new lead singer both got exactly what they deserved.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-16-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
The guy is a skunk-haired, throttle-voiced, dwarf-figured, crippled-hobbit example of what is ROTTEN in music these days.

Standing ovation to Lex! He can't sing or even articulate his words but he looks and acts like a "Rock Star" so that must mean that he is one. I just hope that this joke of a "over the hill rocker band" picking a joke of a "looks like a rock star but can't sing" frontman doesn't end "Rockstar" because it was really good last year and has potential to not suck next year.

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-16-06, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
>The guy is a skunk-haired, throttle-voiced,
>dwarf-figured, crippled-hobbit example of what
>is ROTTEN in music these
>days.

>
>Standing ovation to Lex! He can't
>sing or even articulate his
>words but he looks and
>acts like a "Rock Star"
>so that must mean that
>he is one. I just
>hope that this joke of
>a "over the hill rocker
>band" picking a joke of
>a "looks like a rock
>star but can't sing" frontman
>doesn't end "Rockstar" because it
>was really good last year
>and has potential to not
>suck next year.

I agree completely. Lukas sucks BUT he will fit in very nicely with Tommy Lee. He is such an #####! I do love the show though and really enjoyed Magni, Storm and Toby especially. I just hope next year they pick a serious R&R band. In my opinion, Supernova (or whoever they end up being) won't be around by the time the show rolls around next year!

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-18-06, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Comments on the Decision of 'SuperNova'."
I don't think Lukas sucks....but I think there was better talent on the show. I do think he was the best pick for SuperNova (or whatever they end up calling themselves)......

I doubt that this will end SuperNova. Apparently there were ample fans.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •