The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Original Songs"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-08-06, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Original Songs"

I'm surprised that no one has started a thread for this yet, and I realize the performance show is about to start but quickly my ranking and initial reaction to the original lyrics/performances:

(Clips of all rawkers full songs are on the official site!)

1) Patrice - Surprisingly good. Sounded way different then anyone else.

2) Toby - Lyrics were kind of unoriginal but I liked the way he performed it. Liked the hand echo thing.

3) Dilana - Again simple lyrics but catchy and seemed to agree with my vibe for the song (i.e. party song)

4) Josh - Another surpise. Good stuff I thought.

5) Lukas - Pretty good. More of the growl, but it works for this song. The wisper was good.

6) Magni - meh.

7) Ryan - Forced and unnecessarily dark for a pretty upbeat sounding track.

8) Storm - Disappointing. She should be better then this. I'm hoping that she is not just a good cover artist. It got better as the song went on but...

9) Jill - not bad but I don't get her lyrics at all.

10) Zayra - It was like listening to two different songs overlayed upon one another. I'll give it unique, but what else is new with this one.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Original Songs Glow 08-09-06 1
   RE: Original Songs cheesybread 08-09-06 2
       RE: Original Songs Glow 08-09-06 8
           RE: Original Songs Ahtumbreez 08-12-06 13
               RE: Original Songs Glow 08-12-06 14
 RE: Original Songs weltek 08-09-06 3
   RE: Original Songs cheesybread 08-09-06 4
       RE: Original Songs weltek 08-09-06 5
           RE: Original Songs cheesybread 08-09-06 6
 RE: Original Songs weltek 08-09-06 7
 RE: Original Songs nailbone 08-09-06 9
   RE: Original Songs weltek 08-11-06 12
       RE: Original Songs Glow 08-12-06 15
 RE: Original Songs cheesybread 08-10-06 10
 RE: Original Songs mojofree 08-11-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-09-06, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Original Songs"
Lukas - "I hate you, you hate me. I guess we understand. You follow me like shadows. The rest is in my head. I hate you, you make me. Why should we make amends. You follow me like shadows. I hope you understand"
"stop talking. stop talking. stop talking in that way."
the whisper... *composes self* I love how he writes. It's so original and different. I've had his stuff on constant replay until last Friday when I got a CD of a certain Mr. Star. Now he shares the constant replay.
Ryan - "Here comes the time. Time I've been waiting for. I've been praying. For you to be leaving."
"It's a lie. Lie that they're feeding you. I'll be needing you. I'll do the leaving."
I like Ryan's writing a lot. Like a whole lot. I suddenly can't get enough of his original stuff.
Josh - very cool
Patrice - she's definitely got a gift
Magni - he might be up here because of the vein. But his song was hot.
Toby - "Disease is a harsh, harsh word." -Lukas
Storm - it might be the bouncing that puts her up here. I'm not real sure.
Zayra - by default
Jill - ugh.
Dilana - ugh.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-09-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Original Songs"

Glow, did you actually find the lyrics somewhere or was this just from repeated listening? I remember Lucas and Ryan talking out their lyrics a bit in the episode.

I disagree about Ryan's lyrics, I don't find them original or compeling.

I think I need to watch them all again.

08-09-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Original Songs"
That's me being obsessive (and them getting lots of face time writing their lyrics). I don't know the full songs. I haven't listened to those quite enough times. *goes to listen/watch some more*

Ryan's original stuff is very original. Maybe not this song, I guess. His "Songs From The Eye Of An Elephant" CD has hooked me. Just him and his beautiful self and a piano. *swoon*

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-06, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Original Songs"
Glowie- We could definitely go to a bar together and hangout, because we would NEVER fight over the same guys!

08-12-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Original Songs"
LOL, Tummy. Deal! Let's go.

Wait a second... You don't think Ryan's hot? hunh. I thought he has a pretty normal kind of attractiveness I am being attracted to.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Original Songs"
Where on the site are the original song performances?

08-09-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Original Songs"

Go to http://www.rockstar.msn.com and click on Watch Episodes.

At the bottom of the page you can scroll to different video clips using the left and right arrows. Scroll right until you find "Full Songs from weeks 6 songwriting clinic". Click on the thumbnail picture of Storm singing.

08-09-06, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Original Songs"
Totally didn't realize those arrows were scroll arrows. I just thought they were decortation. I really despise the website this year.

08-09-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Original Songs"

Yeah, it's kind of a pain in the butt. There was a straightforward video "archive" page, but I couldn't find it just now. I would have sent you there instead. All the flash animation is just annoying.

08-09-06, 02:17 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Original Songs"
1. Josh. Color me surprised. This was the best I've heard the boy sound.

2. Dilana. Fun song, good vocals. In the vein of what I think the song was intended for.

3. Ryan. Vocals sounded AWESOME. Good lyrics.

4.Patrice. Now I remember why I like her. Unfortunately this won't make her a great lead singer.

5. Lukas. I liked the whisper. I still couldn't understand half of his lyrics due to his mumbling.

6. Toby & Magni. Two very different songs, yet I can't decide whom/which I liked more. Both were pretty solid, but not WOW.

7. Storm. Ew. Good thing for her there were two worse than her. I don't think strongly making the lyrics female centric was a good choice.

8. Jill. Like storm, only more cliche.

9. Zayra. As cheesybread said, it was like listening to two songs being played over the top of eachother. I turned it off halfway through.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-06, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Original Songs"
10) Zayra - It was like listening to two different songs overlayed upon one another. I'll give it unique, but what else is new with this one.

I wonder if that's some of that "production" stuff, as I mentioned in the "pitch problems" thread.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

08-11-06, 02:08 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Original Songs"
Nope, that wasn't it at all, boner. She just seemed to write lyrics to a song, regardless of what actually fit the music.

08-12-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Original Songs"
She has a "producer's mentality". She probably was rearranging the music part of it in her head while she was writing the lyrics.

08-10-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Original Songs"

So I just went back and watched/listened to all these songs again (twice) so I could form a better opinion then my earlier rush job. What I found was that I liked different parts of some of the songs but not the whole thing. I think 3 or 4 could be tweeked into decent songs.

Patrice - Still the best overall.

Toby - I liked they way his verses flowed, but I found the chorus sort of contrived. "You can't inject me, with your social disease.."

Dilana - I liked her much less on subsequent listens. I think the silly lyrics stand out more after a few times through.

Josh - I really liked almost everything but the chorus, "If I'm so wrong, somebody stop me." It doesn't really work for me.

Lukas - I liked it more on subsequent listens. However, I found the wisper annoying this time. I don't know why.

Magni - It seemed like a lot of effort with the vien and all but the singing was weak. Maybe it was a bad mix with the sound. Does he really need his vocals boosted?

Ryan - I liked it much more after a couple listens, but his straining seems uncomfortable to me. I know that is his style but I think he would be much more powerful if he could relax a little bit.

Storm - The sound on the video was bad. No really. It couldn't be Storm, right? Well it did get better as the song went on, but still kind of lame lyrics. About all I liked was the lines "Here lies me, no apologies."

Jill - I lied, I didn't listen to all of them over again. There really was no point to hearing her again.

Zayra - Again, this sucked so bad after the first 1/10th relisten I didn't bother again.

mojofree 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-11-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mojofree Click to send private message to mojofree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Original Songs"
Well, good thread...I would like to see them do original songs first show...either ones they bring with them or one of the bands new tracks. Maybe Chris and Matt could have written killer songs and written for their voices. Would have been interesting.
My picks:
1. Patrice-unique among the group
2. Lukas-whisper was great, lyric were subtle jabs at the other rockers
3. Josh-not too bad
4. Toby-had a couple of good melodies
5. Jill-not so good but that darn chorus got stuck in my head...you wear your heart, like an accessory...arrgh
6.Ryan-i'm liking him better and better but this was a bit overdone
7.storm-a bit pathetic for such a force
8.Dilana-i'm a fan but gimme a break, no substance to those lyrics
9. Magni-just trying way too hard, i'm not impressed
10 Zayra- sigh!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •