The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Double standards"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

mojofree 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-11-06, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mojofree Click to send private message to mojofree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Double standards"
I told my wife before the show started, "I'll bet they have two encores tonight." Not because there were two good songs (although there were) but just because now that there are only 10 performers they have more time to fit stuff in. As soon as they started the second encore, I told my wife, "I'll bet they kick off two people tonight. (not because two people needed to go, although maybe they did) but because that's what happened last season around week 6.

So I wonder, Dave and SN are always telling the rockers to be original, unique, step it up a notch. But they aren't. Seems to me Dave went to the mansion and had a lot more to do with the rockers last year and SuperNova...they've taken turns getting up with the rockers (just like INXS) they've given encore's (just like INXS) now they're booting people (just like INXS.) I want to see something new and crazy and f###ing nuts happen on the show. I'm not only starting to doubt SN's authenticity, it's making me wonder just how original INXS was. Maybe its just all Mark Burnett and these bad boys of rock are little PR marionettes cashing in on their dwindling images.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Double standards Sonicbluebird 08-11-06 1
   RE: Double standards Snidget 08-11-06 2
 RE: Double standards cycles2k 08-11-06 3
   RE: Double standards bullzeye 08-11-06 4
 RE: Double standards MKitty 08-11-06 5
 RE: Double standards rockdog 08-11-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sonicbluebird 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-11-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonicbluebird Click to send private message to Sonicbluebird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Double standards"
This is Rockstar: {Band Name Here} Of course they are going to follow the same format. What is changes is the group dynamic. Much like Survivor - another MB production, or AI, the basic formula stays the same, it is the people that provide the change.

What exactly would you like to see happen?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Double standards"
Ayep.

This years show will greatly resemble last years show in format and all that.

Of course the producers play a big role in designing and implimenting the format and no matter which "bad boy" rockers they get one of the things they will have to do is be willing to do for the most part what the producers decide the format of the show will be. They probably get some input into a few things, but overall either you do what the producer says or they get a different band to be the one on the show.

After all reality TV show producers have a job to do, called designing how the competition will work and implementing that design and hiring people that will do the design of the show, not just make it up as they go along each week.

Every reality TV show like this has a formula. There may be a tweak here or there, but I don't know why the assumption would be the band and not the producers would decide the main overarching design of the show should be. Everyone has their role. I don't expect the band to do the job of the producers and the producers to play instruments and compose music. (although fer gosh sakes on AI I swear that someone other than songwriters are writing the dreck they have for the original songs each season, maybe the gafers or the guy that cleans up the studio after each show or sumthin')

It's a tribe creation!

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-11-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Double standards"
I watch the show for the performances so I am not terribly concerned with the reality TV aspects. I wasn't paying enough attention to predict the double boot.

I can see how it would become dull if you were paying attention to the reality aspect, much like Amazing Race's non philimination episodes become fairly predictable. MB does like his formula and one wonders how much control he exercizes over the number of bootees in an episode. (MBs control is a prevalent question on every one of his reality shows).

The show is getting to the point where I enjoy all of the remaining contestants so I will soon be a little sad after each Wednesday night. Still, I probably wouldn't change a thing.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-11-06, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Double standards"
I watch the show for the performances so I am not terribly concerned with the reality TV aspects.

This? Totally encapsules why I watch, and enjoy the show. And I agree - even more so with each passing week as the calibre of performance keeps going up. Predictable? Hardly.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-11-06, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Double standards"
What I find interesting is that in a previous article on RockStar before it aired (around March, I think, on E Online), they said there would be special guests joining Dave and the boys and various people would come and rock out with the "rawkers". I have seen none of that. On the first episode, the Rolling Stone guy was there, but since then, there have been no special guests. I wonder why they changed their minds?

rockdog 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-11-06, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rockdog Click to send private message to rockdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Double standards"
You are so right. They even open up with an INXS song.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •