The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Supernova Love List: week 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-01-06, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Supernova Love List: week 5"
So what did you think of the week five performances by these eleven rockers? Have new favorites emerged, did old favorites make your heart beat faster yet again, or who disappointed and had you scratching your head wondering what the *bleep* was that?

Remember that a love list is all about you and whatever you want to base it on. As long as you’re being true to your feelings, then it is correct.

1) Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion” (6,8,7,3) Only something as spectacular as what Ryan did tonight could have knocked my mistress of rock Dilana out of the top dawg slot. That was just a dream! Ryan is indeed a star. Encore! Encore! Encore!

2) Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough” (1,1,1,1) Yeah like I’m gonna knock my girl down much more after another killer performance. She amazes me each and every week with never a letdown. Now this is the way the rockers should change up a tune. She took kind of a ho-hum 70’s tune and turned it into a complete jam. Not only does she own the stage when she performs but the entire building. Dang you Ryan Star for forcing me to drop Dilana down to number two

3) Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes” (5,6,4,2) Toned down Storm is also super sexy. Sounded fantastic and Dave was right about the vulnerability just oozing out of her. Loved it and love her.

4) Magni – Coldplay “Clocks” (13,4,3,4) Mr. Consistency. Just waiting for the Iceman to climb out the limb and take a chance or two. Maybe seeing the wife and kids this week will thaw him some.

5) Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria” (7,9,11,6) So not right for Supernova but who cares because I’ll enjoy what Josh does while he is still around. Loved the beatbox thing and when he is in his element, outstanding.

6) Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea” (10,3,10,7) Blah. Sang it well but this isn’t a Nirvana song that needs to be sung well. Where was the growl & scowl that was called for? Maybe Toby needs to be paying attention to the advice Dana is being given because the same could apply to this Aussie.

7) Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin” (3,2,5,5) Yikes. Was wondering what would happen when Lukas went wayyyy out of his comfort zone, well now I know. Maybe he was just being a nice guy by giving the other rockers the hope of being in the finally?

8) Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley” (14,12,13,8) Honey you aint Jordis. My dreadlocked girl sang this song with power and reckless abandoned while Dana just proved herself yet again to be rock wannabe. Props to the house band because they killed it as always and were finale introduced by first name, bout friggin time!

9) Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309” (2,5,2,10) Sorry but I also need a few more minutes to think this one over. Jeopardy tune ensues – Do Do Do … What is the entertainment value has just become over the top and silly? Ding ding ding … that is correct!

10) Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground” (8,10,9,12) Little puzzled as to why SN were so complimentary because I thought it was nothing special.

11) Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me” (12,14,8,11) That performance was as fake as her hair extensions. Words can not describe how much I hated what she did to this 80’s classic. I’m all for a contestant trying to put their own spin on a tune but her spin was screaming it? Was there an annoying cheerleader type who never shuts-up in detention with Bender? Cause that’s who she was/is! The only moment I did enjoy was the look of pure horror on Sasha’s face when the Humpster came towards him. This may be the worst performance I’ve had to endure this season.

Booted: Phil Ritchie (11,7,6,9) – DirtyPhil was cool and talented but frankly I only saw him as a mid-show boot. Never once did I really feel he was frontrunner to win the gig. Liked that he did have his own style and stuck to it. Also liked the fact that he spoke from his heart in that newspaper article, but it definitely cost him a couple more weeks of putting his name & his bands interest out into the world.

The order the contestants appeared …

Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground”
Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria”
Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough”
Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea”
Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309”
Magni – Coldplay “Clocks”
Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me”
Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion”
Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin”
Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes”
Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley”

And per tribephyl request, ditto for everything written above for him

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Glow 08-01-06 1
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Glow 08-01-06 2
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 cycles2k 08-02-06 3
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Glow 08-02-06 4
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 CattyChat 08-02-06 5
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 weltek 08-02-06 9
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Breezy 08-02-06 6
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 nailbone 08-03-06 48
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 michel 08-02-06 7
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 weltek 08-02-06 8
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 bullzeye 08-02-06 17
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Magnolia_Rocker 08-02-06 10
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 xwraith27 08-02-06 11
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 TanNymph 08-02-06 12
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Glow 08-02-06 13
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 CattyChat 08-02-06 14
   lame cop out excuse Breezy 08-02-06 15
       RE: lame cop out excuse weltek 08-02-06 16
       RE: lame cop out excuse Glow 08-02-06 19
           I did Breezy 08-02-06 23
               RE: I did Glow 08-02-06 34
                   RE: I did Tahj 08-02-06 37
                   RE: I did weltek 08-02-06 38
                       RE: I did Glow 08-02-06 42
                   He wants to be a professional Breezy 08-02-06 39
                       RE: He wants to be a professional Glow 08-02-06 43
                           RE: He wants to be a professional brvnkrz 08-03-06 44
                           Heh Breezy 08-03-06 45
                               RE: Heh Glow 08-03-06 46
                                   RE: Heh Tahj 08-03-06 47
                                       I completely see them picking a wom... weltek 08-03-06 49
                                           RE: I completely see them picking a... Glow 08-03-06 50
                                       RE: Heh Glow 08-03-06 51
                                       RE: Heh Loree 08-03-06 52
                                           RE: Heh bullzeye 08-03-06 57
                                               RE: Heh - Mind if I jump in on Luka... cycles2k 08-04-06 58
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Velcrohead 08-02-06 24
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Glow 08-02-06 31
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 geg6 08-02-06 18
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Glow 08-02-06 20
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 slickeronstate 08-04-06 59
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 nailbone 08-03-06 53
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Velcrohead 08-02-06 21
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 SilverStar 08-02-06 22
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 geg6 08-02-06 25
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 SilverStar 08-02-06 26
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 weltek 08-02-06 27
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Bebo 08-02-06 28
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 geekboy 08-02-06 29
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 ginger 08-02-06 30
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 nailbone 08-03-06 54
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 tamarama 08-03-06 55
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 ginger 08-03-06 56
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 tamarama 08-02-06 32
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Sonicbluebird 08-02-06 33
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 LittleFox 08-02-06 35
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Loree 08-02-06 36
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 architecturegirl 08-02-06 40
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 Scarlett O Hara 08-02-06 41
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 5 cheesybread 08-06-06 60

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-01-06, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-06 AT 11:12 PM (EST)

I find it humorous that we both mentioned Jill's hair extensions. I find it depressing that we both have my baby in the same spot. oh! ETA: I just noticed we both called Magni "Mr. Consistency" too.

1. Ryan - "Losing My Religion" - Encore! That was brilliant. Spectacular. Superb. Beautiful. He makes my heart pitter pat when he sings like that. *goes to Ryan's myspace page*
2. Storm - "Changes" - She's sooooooooo beautiful. I love how she changed it up from her previous performances. I just love her.
3, Josh - "Santeria" - He is so fantastic. I absolutely adore him. I love that he stays true to himself. His voice is amazing.
4. Magni - "Clocks" - He's Mr. Consistency this year.
5. Dilana - "Can't Get Enough" - eh. Her boyfriend is all kindsa hot. I hope nobody was buying the "spontaneous" BS. It was all planned that way. But whatever. It was good. (I made a CD of some of my favorite performances from weeks one through four. She's the only one besides Lukas that I recorded all of their songs. The only one I can't listen to - probably shouldn't have recorded it - is "Ring of Fire".)
6. Toby - "Pennyroyal Tea" - I liked that he switched the arrangement and that he wasn't trying to channel Kurt. *kisses finger and points up to Kurt*
7. Lukas - "Celebrity Skin" - my poor baby. He was so worried about his voice, he forgot the lyrics, he got lost up there. He has extra credit. I may be blinded and biased but I call a spade a spade. It was an off night for him. I would love to feel/kiss/lick that celebrity skin. yummy. It hurts to put him down here. But I must. I still love you, baby.
8. Patrice - "Higher Ground" - This should have been better than it was. I was a little confused by it. She nailed "My Iron Lung" and that should have been way tougher. Nerves, perhaps?
9. Zayra - "867-5309 (Jenny)" - heh. She's crazy. I dig her.
10. Dana - "Baba O'Reilly" - ugh. She doesn't belong here. Apparently her acting is winning some people over though.
11. Jill - "Don't You (Forget About Me)" - *shudder* oh. I can say one thing about this performance. I don't know why they felt they needed to make her hair longer. It was pretty the way it was.

booted - Phil - So sad. So so sad.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-01-06, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
Well. I may have to bump Mr. Rossi up for his made up because he forgot the real ones lyrics. Because his are way HOTTER. rawr baby rawr

Thanks to the scientific analysis thread at rockband:

Celebrity Skin

Oh, make me over
Im all I want to be
A walking study
In demonology

Oh, make me over
I'm all I want to be
flumphisaaarrgh
flumphisaaarrgh
(uh oh..)

Hey, so glad you could make it
Yeah, now you really made it
Hey, so glad you could make it now

Yeah, so glad you could make it
Yeah, so glad you could make it now
(not bad!)

When I wake up in my makeup
Its too early for that dress
Wilted and faded somewhere in hollywood
Im glad I came here
With your pound of flesh
Beautiful garbage beautiful dresses
Can you stand up or will you just fall down

Too early for this dress
Beautiful girl with, hooker/waitress
Can you hear me
When I say to you
Beautiful garbage beautiful dresses
Will you stand or will you just fall down
(good cover job)

You better watch out
What you wish for
It better be worth it
So much to die for

You better watch out
What you wish for
You better be worth it
Something to die for
(that's our boy)

Hey, so glad you could make it
Hey, theres only us left now

Yeah, so glad you could make it
Yeah, so glad you could make it now
(not too bad)

Have you ever felt so used up as this?
Its all so sugarless
Hooker/waitress/model/actress
Oh, just go nameless

flumphisaarrgh
Can you taste me (THUD)
I can you feel you (THUD)
Everything's so dear
All you want is
hooker/waitress
Can you stand or will you just fall down
(uh oh...)

You want a part of me
Well, Im not selling cheap
No, Im not selling cheap

You better watch out
Well I ain't selling cheap
Well I ain't selling cheap
(still off, but good finish with the lyrics)

Thank you, sapphireto!

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-02-06, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
1) Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion” Absolutely incredible. Deserves the encore and many many votes.

2) Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes” I agree that "toned down Storm is also super sexy".

3) Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough”. Until tonight, I was only watching the show for Dilana. The first time I participate in the love list I have to put her at three just because Ryan and Strom did so well.

4) Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea” (10,3,10,7) I really enjoyed this but the band didn't appear to be as moved as I was.

5) Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria” (7,9,11,6) Josh won't win but all he needs to do is keep being Josh because he has a unique style that I think will get him places.

6) Magni – Coldplay “Clocks”. I like Magni and wish I could place him higher in my list.

7) Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309” She is unique. Did CBS make her wear the modesty cape?

8) Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley” Not bad and I like her.

9) Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin” (3,2,5,5) Ouch. Vocals were OK but watching him turn his back was painful. Lukas' cool image really suffered but maybe it is for the best because the way he handled the criticism was very genuine.

10) Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me”. I kinda like Jill but I think Jill is gone this week.

11) Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground” Bitchiness and a poor performance. The guy on drums was excellent though.

The band - much more likable this week. Bringing in Magni's family was a great gesture and Tommy delivered the announcement with a lot of sincerity.

Dave - He is better when he is not trying to be Simon Cowell and did improve a little.

Brook - She is pretty but I barely notice her any more.

08-02-06, 06:59 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
"Bringing in Magni's family was a great gesture and Tommy delivered the announcement with a lot of sincerity. "

Yes! So sweet. Then Magni said, "I'm gonna go cry now." Touching.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-06 AT 08:24 AM (EST)

Great show last night.

ANCHOR! ANCHOR!

1. Ryan (10, 12, 9, 3) -- Wow, I was mesmerized. T-Lee was right, that performance could get him laid.

HOT!

2. Storm (6, 2, 8, 2) -- She was hot. Nice to see a softer side.

3. Dilana (1, 6, 1, 1) -- I seriously want her to win this whole thing. I can see her fronting SN so easily and holding her own very well. She never disappoints.

4. Toby (4, 1, 7, 6) -- His vocals were great and all I need to do is look at him. He’s my RockStar.

5. Josh (3, 4, 12, 7) -- Not right for SN, but he’s still pretty damn good. He did a great job on the song. Loved it.

6. Zayra (2, 8, 3, 10) -- She keeps things interesting. I thought her rendition was pretty good. She will never bore me when she gets on stage.

7. Magni (13, 7, 2, 5) -- Vocals were great and I really enjoyed it, it was just more low key than some of the other performances. It was good, but nothing special.

NOT!!

8. Lukas (5, 3, 4, 4) -- I can’t believe he choked this bad. Oh well, I won’t hold it against him. He still has the potential to win the thing, I just wish he would lighten up a bit.

9. Patrice (7, 11, 6, 11) -- Still not that interested.

10. Dana (9, 5, 11, 8) -- Vocals are decent, but everything else is all wrong. She is like a little girl playing dress-up with her mommy's clothes and makeup. She is not a rocker.

11. Jill (12, 14, 10, 12)-- Wow, she climbed a spot in my list. Oh yeah, she’s still last though. I just don’t like her at all.

Booted: Phil (14, 10, 5, 9) -- Phil who??

Kind Creation of ARNutz

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
Yep, I do believe Ryan will get the anchor. Yay!

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
1. Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion” *swoon* Holy crap!

2. Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough” This girl needs a recording contract, NOW!

3. Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes” Loved the toned down Storm, she was gorgeous and did great on the song.

4. Magni – Coldplay “Clocks” Very nice.

5. Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria” I agree, he's not right for SuperNova. But I think he could do well on his own.

6. Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground” I liked it.

7. Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309” I've found it helps if you don't watch her perform.

8. Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea” Nirvana? *sigh*

9. Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin” WTF was that!?!?!

10. Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley” I don't remember it. At all.

11. Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me” Unfortunately I do remember this. *shiver*

Summer breeze by Tribey.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
I rank the top 5 exactly the same this week.

7. Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309” I've found it helps if you don't watch her perform.

Au contraire! That's the fun part. It's better if you just watch and don't listen.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
1- Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes”: Complete performance. She has impressed me more each time. She takes over first place in my book.

2- Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough”: Another powerful showing and a crowd-pleaser. She’ll be a star!

3- Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion”: Best performance of the evening. He moves right into contention.

4- Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin”: He had first place almost in the bag but this was a bad performance and it will hurt him. He needs to regain momentum.

5- Magni – Coldplay “Clocks: He is a good singer but with nothing special that makes you take notice. He is still in contention.

They don’t have a chance:
Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground”: She has a good voice and it was a nice performance but wasn’t natural.
Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria”: I didn’t like it even if he sings well.
Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea”: Poor performance.

Wrong Place, Wrong Time:
Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309”: She’s not a rocker but I want to see her again. You know it will either be fun or a train wreck, nothing boring!

Success in Local bar Bands:
Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me”: She tries and kept her chin up after brutal comments but she is destined for her local bar scene.
Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley: It was a nice try. The Who’s material isn’t made for nice tries.

08-02-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
1) Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes"
I'm officially in the "I love Storm" fan club. She has this big pure voice that can rock or be beautiful (and sometimes both!). And she's gorgeous.

2)Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea”
I really, really enjoyed his vocals on this & felt he had a good stage presence tonight. Cuddling up to the girl at the end was kind of weird.

3) Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion”
Wow, I didn't expect this. I said the rockers should stay away from playing and singing, however, his playing really enhanced this performance. It was riveting.

4)Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria”
Great vocals. Another "blah" stage performance, though.

5)Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough”
I hate the song, so it was hard for me. Her stage performance was GREAT, however, so I put her in the middle. Usually she'd be in my top 2.

6)Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309”
Ok, I'm not a huge Zayra fan even thought I generally like her voice. However, kudos to her and the band for rearranging this song so well. It rocked! The chorus didn't do it for me, but the rest was fun.

7)Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley”
I don't think her repetitive angry performances will take her far, but kudos to her for doing this well.

8)Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin”
Lukas, Lukas, Lukas. I think he's starting to realize that he has competition & it's making him nervous. A horrible performance from him, although his worst is still better than Jill's best.

9)Magni – Coldplay “Clocks”
Personally I hated his vocals on this & wasn't wowed by his stage presence.

10)Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground”
Her look and her voice on this song were horrible. She tried to get funky and it didn't work for her. She's smiles too much when she sings again.

11) Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me”
The first few weeks I gave Jill the benefit of the doubt, as I thought her voice was strong. She just continues to do the same dog & pony each week & it's annoying. I think it's Jill's week to finally go.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-02-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
"I think he's starting to realize that he has competition & it's making him nervous."

I think you are bang on here. I noticed a couple of times (Ryan's and Storm's performances come to mind), that when the camera panned to Lukas - he appeared to look a bit worried. That said - I think he will kick it up large next week to make up for his dismal performance last nite.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-02-06, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
1. Ryan Star - R.E.M. "Losing My Religion" - Holy Crap! That was breath taking. I've not had much of an opinion on Ryan up to this point but I sure do after this song! Way to turn the spotlight around to you babe. *golf clap*

2. Storm Large - David Bowie "Changes" - She....is definitely my girl crush. I love her voice, I love her presence, I love her!

3. Toby Rand - Nirvana "Pennyroyal Tea" - I too am sick of the Nirvana songs but I'm not going to hold it against the singers. Toby has such a beautiful tone to his voice that I could sit and listen to him for hours. Plus, I could lick look at him for hours too.

4. Josh Logan - Sublime "Santeria" - I have always been a fan of reggae beats and Josh kicked azz on this song. I told my DH that he is not right for SN but that he should go out and record a song like this ASAP cause I would difinitely go buy it. Great Job!

5. Magni - Coldplay "Clocks" - Ok, I was a bit miffed about them showing the family thing with only Magni, this reeks of AI tampering to me. Quit it. Other than that, his vocals were ok, his stage presence was ok, he was ok.

6. Dilana - Bad Company "Can't Get Enough" - I'm irritated. I had to do something last night that I absolutely hate doing, tell my DH he had been right. *sigh* He has never been a Dilana fan and I'm starting to lose interest in her too. From what she has shown us she has a very limited range to her voice. Sure she hit a couple of higer notes last night but I don't think she can do that often and that would make for a very boring concert IMO.

7. Lukas Rossi - Hole "Celebrity Skin" - Poor DH. He's a total Lukas fan and the look on his face when Lukas was singing was heartbreaking. He was so disappointed. Like everyone else I feel that this lackluster performance will not hurt Lukas at all. Step it back up next week!

8. Dana Andrews - The Who "Baba O'Riley" - I didn't think she did a bad job vocally on this song but like others have already said I just don't find her believable onstage as a rocker. She needs to be persuing another genre of music.

9. Patrice Pike - Stevie Wonder "Higher Ground" - Ok, did anyone else notice how they kept saying "highest ground"? That totally annoyed me. I don't think she did well at this at all. I was ready for the song to end after her first line. Not.A.Good.Sign.

10. Jill Gioia - Simple Minds "Don't You Forget About Me" - I don't think she was as bad as the guys said she was BUT I don't think she was great either. Vocally she has pipes but I'm sick of her slutty image on stage. I won't be sad to see her go but not before batgirl below.....

11. Zayra Alvarez - Tommy Tutone "867-5309" - WTF???? Last week a Trekkie and this week Batgirl???? She keeps it interesting????? I don't understand...the only interest I have in her is how much I really, REALLY, REALLY want to see her go home tonight. She has horrible vocals and her stage antics make me want to puke. Go.Home.

A Tribe Original!

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-02-06, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-06 AT 08:48 AM (EST)

1. Ryan Star - My choice as the best performance by anyone so far. Great vocals, great stage presence. My only complaint is that it seemed too short.

2. Dilana - Close second. I was surprised that Dilana was even able to pull this off. I thought she was only effective in her lower register until she sang this song. Amazing.

3. Storm Large - Very classy delivery. This girl just oozes sex appeal, that she even looks sexy in business attire.

Huge drop

4. Magni - His verses were weak and his falsetto was painful to listen to. He also seemed lost and drowned out by the house band for about half the song.

5. Lukas Rossi - He did a good job of covering up the lyrics he missed. Unfortunately, a huge part of the "covering up" is me not really understanding what he was singing.

6. Toby Rand - OK vocals, but very unimpressive. Came off as boring.

7. Josh Logan - Almost each week, Supernova tells him to do something harder, but he's just not doing it. I found myself getting bored with him midway through the song.

8. Patrice Pike - I didn't really notice what she did. I was more hyped about the TLee drums solo. My comment here is for Dave. Eight contestants will "literally" disappear in front of Supernova? Literally disappear?

9. Dana Andrews - I think she thinks that it's necessary to look angry to be a rocker. But like whenever she tries too hard, this performance came off as totally unbelievable.

10. Jill Gioia - She asked us to not forget about her. I really just wish we all could. As for Gilby's comment that she was "better than that," well, I used to think so too, but I highly doubt it now.

11. Zayra Alvarez - I just want her to stop with the superhero costumes already. Great energy, but I'm still turned off by her vocals. I can't help but feel somewhat embarrassed for her.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-02-06, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
1. Ryan - That was awesome! I think best performance this season. Loved it.
2. Storm - I still think this is your winner. Girl can rock and then sing like an angel. She is the total package.
3. Josh - I don't even like reggae, but this was a great performance. Not right for SN but very enjoyable anyway.
4. Dilana - So unique, wonderful performance.

the rest in no particular order
Patrice - She's good but not great.

Dana - Much better but still not a rocker.

Jill - Didn't hate it as bad as most but she is so totally toast. At least she didn't get all defensive after they ripped her a new one. They really don't like her.

Magni - Chris copycat. It was fine but heard it before.

Lukas - What happened here? He just phoned it in and not very well. I'm sure he'll bounce back next week.

Toby - Again, good just not great. He is a hottie!

Zayra - I just don't like her.

08-02-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll put it here. (since this is the "love list" and I love him.)

http://www.torontoist.com/archives/2006/08/interview_lukas.php

Torontoist: The Supernova guys seem to like you.
LR: Well, I think they see that I’m the real deal, brother. Sure there’s television involved, absolutely, but at the end of the day…the other night I did Celebrity Skin (on the episode aired last night, Tuesday August 1) and forgot the lyrics cause I didn’t believe in the song and the performance. I would rather not pretend to a crowd and try and sell something that I don’t believe in. I mean, they’re not stupid and I don’t want to lie to their face. So I basically had my back turned the whole show. And you know I just try to be honest, because whatever fans I do have out there, I wanna give them my all and my best. Last night I was just off my game, you know?

He was in the process of getting a tattoo when they did the interview. The whole article is very good. I recommend it.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
Great read, Glowie. Thanks!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

08-02-06, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "lame cop out excuse"
and forgot the lyrics cause I didn’t believe in the song and the performance. I would rather not pretend to a crowd and try and sell something that I don’t believe in. I mean, they’re not stupid and I don’t want to lie to their face

Sorry Glow, but that sounds like a lame excuse to me for messing up. He's in a competition, he should be trying his best at all times. If he didn't like the song, change it up not mess it up.

08-02-06, 09:35 AM (EST)
16. "RE: lame cop out excuse"
It kind of reads like a cop-out to me, too, Breezy. I thought maybe this humbled him a bit, but apparently no. I like Lukas's former music, but I'm finding him very hard to like on this show.

08-02-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
19. "RE: lame cop out excuse"
read the whole article and get back to me

08-02-06, 10:17 AM (EST)
23. "I did"
Torontoist: I’ll start again. How do you feel about the song choices you’ve been getting so far?

LR: I try to relate the song in some way to my life so I can believe it and I want people to believe. I can’t perform something I don’t believe in, so I try to relate it to some part of my life, and I guess I been doing pretty well so far.

Set up his cop out line further down

Torontoist: Music is often pretty collaborative, bands and performers helping each other out. What’s it like on the show, competing head to head like that?

LR: I don’t see it as a competition, to be honest. 11 of us are auditioning, may the best man or woman win. I’m just here to do what I do best, and I’m not really concerned about what anybody else is doing on the show.

ummmmm isn't an audition a competition? I can see not worrying about the others, but it is still a competition.

Torontoist: The Supernova guys seem to like you.

LR: Well, I think they see that I’m the real deal, brother. Sure there’s television involved, absolutely, but at the end of the day…the other night I did Celebrity Skin (on the episode aired last night, Tuesday August 1) and forgot the lyrics cause I didn’t believe in the song and the performance. I would rather not pretend to a crowd and try and sell something that I don’t believe in. I mean, they’re not stupid and I don’t want to lie to their face. So I basically had my back turned the whole show. And you know I just try to be honest, because whatever fans I do have out there, I wanna give them my all and my best. Last night I was just off my game, you know?

Worked in his cop out excuse. Atleast he was a little honest at the end saying he was off his game.

08-02-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
34. "RE: I did"
Oh okay. This doesn’t sound like an excuse to me at all. It sounds like him owning up to screwing up. *shrug*

He forgot the lyrics which was most likely because he doesn’t “feel” the song. That made him uncomfortable. This article says he tries finding a connection with his music and he couldn’t find it with this song. He was off his game. He said all this. Where’s the excuse?

As I discussed with Star, I wish they would have shown more of the conversation between him and the band. They pretty much all agreed that this was their least favorite performance from him. He totally manned up to it. Said the lyrics were hard for him. After Jason asked him about the vocal coaching, he said he is enjoying working with her. He said sometimes singers don’t love all aspects of their voice and that he doesn’t like the “softer” part of his (I am completely and totally in love with it and I wish somebody - Dave, Tommy, Jason, Gilby - would tell him that because I am not alone on that). He said he was feeling hard headed about it at first and then pretty much said f*ck it, he’s here to learn and doesn’t mind looking like a "litte wuss” like he felt he did that night, if it means he can learn and try new things with his voice. The guys told him no problem, you've earned credit so they forgive him his misstep.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-02-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: I did"
I can't help feeling he is being "diva-ish" about this whole thing, like he is too good for this song so he won't even try.

IMO, the argument could be made that, to borrow from and modify his own quote--he betrayed the music.

Tribe rocked my sig!

08-02-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
38. "RE: I did"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-06 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

I guess what sounded like a copout to me was saying that he messed up the lyrics because he didn't "feel" the song. So practice more and try to make it into something you feel...or just practice & get through it to move on to the next week.

I think Lukas has the perpetual struggling artist mindset where he him against the world and nobody truly understands him. In some ways, I think him & JD have some personality issues in common, but JD really wanted to be in the competition and I think had more respect for the band. Lukas just wants to share his music & speak his music to the world, IMHO. Groovy, but not the right attitude for this kind of show.

08-02-06, 11:21 PM (EST)
42. "RE: I did"
Thank you for explaining what you thought the excuse was. I don't see it that way, but I think you get that.

I see similarities in JD's and Lukas' personalities as well. But like he said he's not JD, he's Lukas. But I know you get that too. Lukas wants to audition for this band. He wouldn't be there if he didn't. He has said he wouldn't be there if it was INXS or Canadian Idol or whatnot. He's there because of who the band is.

How is him wanting to share his music and speak his music to the world not the right attitude for this kind of show? I don't get that. Isn't that why they all should be there?

08-02-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
39. "He wants to be a professional"
then act like one.

What happens if SN writes a song that he just doesn't feel? Will he continuely blow the song on stage? Like Taj said, what a Diva.

Also agree with Weltek on that maybe he doesn't fit well with this competition. He'd be better off solo.

08-02-06, 11:43 PM (EST)
43. "RE: He wants to be a professional"
He is a professional musician. Everything I see or hear of him proves that. I'm sorry you don't get that. Sincerely. I'm sorry.

What happens if SN writes a song that he just doesn't feel?

Well, luckily for him, he would be a HUGE part of the songwriting process. They're looking for a member of their band. Their lead singer. Somebody to work with. Melodies? Lyrics? Yeah, he's pretty good at all that. He's been in bands for many many years. That's what makes Lukas the perfect person for this.

Will he continually blow the song on stage?

Wow. Really? Because he fvcked up the lyrics to one song? I find it funny that his haters are ready to crucify him for one off night. No, not funny. I find it sad.

Diva? *shrug* Whatever.

Again, I don't get how he doesn't "fit" with this competition. He's been in bands for many many years. He's not a solo artist. But yay for me if he does become one. I would LOVE to see him perform with some of the greatest musicians out there. But if it doesn't work out, that's cool too. It's an audition. If they decide he's not the roit one for them, it will be hard for me to understand but I respect them and I respect their decision. I just don't see them thinking the way you all do.

oh. And to try to clarify the audition/competition question you had. I think I get what he means. They're auditioning for a band. They're not competing to see who can be the best fit. It should be established musicians performing for the band to see who is the best fit. Not musicians competing to be the best fit. Dilana shouldn't have to have a 'make faces in the mirror to get that rocker look' clinic with somebody. They should come in here being who they are. (See Dana for what I'm trying to get at.) This is why I love the performers that I love. I love Lukas, Storm, Ryan, Dilana and Josh (and Phil) because they are and remain true to Lukas, Storm, Ryan, Dilana and Josh (and Phil). This is also why Zayra grows on me more and more. Magni hasn't shown me enough of himself in his music. Nor has Toby and Patrice. This lyrics writing thing is going to be fantastic. I can't wait. (*whine* four days) Original songs week (if they do it but I can't imagine why they wouldn't) is going to be amazing. I've heard what Lukas writes. I've heard what Ryan writes. These two are going to be forces to reckon with on that front. Anyway. What was I talking about? oh yeah. There's no room to try to mold yourself into somebody else. There's not enough time. This isn't American Idol. yadda yadda yadda "not a competition it's an audition".

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: He wants to be a professional"
Wow. Really? Because he fvcked up the lyrics to one song? I find it funny that his haters are ready to crucify him for one off night. No, not funny. I find it sad.

For me, it has nothing to do with fvcking up just one week. I don't care for him because of his diva attitude. He's talented, I'm not disputing that. But everytime the camera pans to him when another performer is on stage, he is either laughing at them or rolling his eyes at them and doesn't seem to show them much respect. My dislike of Lukas is more about his personality than anything else. I only get to know him by what they edit onto the tv and so far it hasn't really been that favorable for him.

08-03-06, 10:35 AM (EST)
45. "Heh"
I only came to this forum to see who left last night.

Hater? I've never said I hate him, so don't lump me. But I'm also not a lover of him like you, and if you're going to be a lover of him then you're going to have to get used to seeing/reading negative things about it.

With his Diva attitude I can see him getting pissed at the others if they don't agree with his melodies/lyrics and not feeling the song that they come up with. *shrug* But I really think this is all just noise, I would be very surprised to see that SuperNova stays together for more then a year (if that long).

08-03-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Heh"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-06 AT 11:07 AM (EST)

I guess I really didn't mean to lump you in with the haters. I know you don't care enough to feel that strongly about him.
And yeah, I know I'm going to see lots of negative stuff. I already have elsewhere. (ETA: elsewhere) I'm not even sure why I try to start discussions on this particular board since I seem to be the only LukasLover. Must be my masochistic tendencies.

I don't believe he is as much of a Diva as we're seeing on television. Maybe he is. *shrug* Who knows? I don't think any of us do.
And yes, I agreee with the "all just noise" thing. We've guessed one tour and one album. But one can always hope that all goes well and it lasts a little longer. I have to search for my rainbows and puppies somewhere. But no matter who this band chooses (assuming it isn't Jill), I'll follow them as long as they're there to be followed. And as far as Lukas goes, I've stated before and I'll state again, he's got a forever fan in me. I'd follow him off a cliff.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-03-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Heh"
While I can't say I "like" Lukas, I've always agreed that he is very talented and still the frontrunner for the band. Magni and Ryan have stepped it up a lot and I think Toby still has a good chance. I don't see the band picking a woman. Lukas' problem may turn out to be that he peaked too early. We'll see.

I've just never liked the way Lukas has acted. He was critcal of others from day one, for whatever reason, and I just found his behavior unnecessary and annoying. Your right, however, that it's what were being shown and there is always more to the story. I've watched the online episodes and he never seems to be portrayed favorably, but he seems to have cast himself as the villian from the beginning, kind of like JD did last year, and I had a lot of problems with him, too.

Tribe rocked my sig!

08-03-06, 12:58 PM (EST)
49. "I completely see them picking a woman"
I think by picking a woman they'd generate interest by our fascination of "Wow, imagine the sexual tension within THAT band!" And sucessful all male bands with a female lead are still fairly rare. It could be a little gimick. It would make their music stand out against all the
other "supergroups" and rock bands on the radio.

08-03-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
50. "RE: I completely see them picking a woman"
Which is why I completely see them picking a man and a woman.

08-03-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Heh"
First of all, I realize I am slightly biased. Now that that statement is out of the way...

There's no way he's peaked too early. Yes, we will see and I can't wait. Songwriting, stage presence, "musicality", voice, it's all there and it hasn't all come out yet. I won't pretend to know what his reasoning is for not using the "softer" part of his voice. Maybe he does think it makes him sound "wussy". Maybe he's waiting to pull it out when he needs to. *daydreams for a second* I meant pull his softer voice out.

As far as him "casting" himself as the villian...oy...uh perhaps. If it wasn't there to begin with, the editing wouldn't work quite as well as it seems to be. Right? (such as it is with Jill *shudder*) My loveandawefilled yet still somewhat objective opinion is that Lukas is just very honest. He quite possibly just lacks that part of - what word am I looking for? etiquette? - that stops him from saying whatever he thinks. When Chris was booted, he said "I think they sent the wrong person home tonight." I in no way believe for one second think that was meant to hurt anybody's feelings. Z and Jill were like "whoa...dude" And rather than backpedal and take it back, he stuck to his guns. "That's just how I feel. Sorry if it offended you." And he looked so adorable when he said that, I'm not sure how anybody could call him a villian. (that last scene not quite verbatim)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Heh"
I don't think Lukas peaked too early. I don't believe he has reached his peak yet. I believe he is holding back and waiting till the competition gets tighter before he exposes his full potential.

And I don't believe Lukas is disliked in the mansion either. He seems to get along fine with the other rawkers. There is alot of interaction and laughter between him and the others. I think Dilana might be the person he has the most conflict with and even she agrees that her and Lukas have a love-hate relationship. And I think that is because of the rivalry they have. But the others don't seem to hate Lukas.

I guess I will have to go and sit with Glow on the Lukas bench now. It is a nice place to wait while Lukas writes Supernova's first hit song.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-03-06, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Heh"
Mind if I join you on that bench?

I was very impressed with how he took the criticism and agree that he probably wanted to be bottom three just so he could pick something of his own and blow everyone away. IMHO - he is a target given how well he came out of the gate and I believe that like JD - he will rise to the occassion, and then some.

My favorite is actually Storm, after Tuesday's performance. But in term of best fit - I don't think anyone comes close to Lukas.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-04-06, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Heh - Mind if I jump in on Lukas. "
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-06 AT 00:52 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-04-06 AT 00:52 AM (EST)

I thought it was painful to watch but I really didn't think it was a major train wreck. Compared to JD's "We are the champions" this was an operatic masterpiece.

I'm warming to Lukas and hope he can rise above his apparent coolnes and show us that he is capable of demonstrating his depth the way Storm did with Changes.

They should also let him sing a Gowan song like Criminal Minds just because it seems so perfect for him.

Velcrohead 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-02-06, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Velcrohead Click to send private message to Velcrohead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
The whole article is very good.

You think Lucas' 'article' is very good? But of course you do.

Oh, wait. I thought you were talking about...

08-02-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
Well, yeah, that too.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-06 AT 09:48 AM (EST)

People were all over the map for me. Partly, it was a function of too many songs I really, really don't like much. But part was just steep highs and plunging lows.

1) Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion” - I was completely stunned and speechless when he finished. This is, by far, the single most impressive performance I've seen on the show this year (and, perhaps, last year, but I'm not ready to move JD out yet). Amazing, amazing, amazing. I think I have a new love just based on that. I think the anchor is unquestioned.

2) Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes” - Wow. A toned down, sincere Storm is still someone that could make me bat for the other team. She's beautiful, has a fantastic voice, and so much star quality. Love her more every week.

3) Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria” - I agree with the general concensus that he is not right for SN. However, I do love his voice. And he did this really well. He seemed the more comfortable with this than he has seemed in a while.

4) Magni – Coldplay “Clocks” - He did well with one of my most detested songs by my most (current) detested band. I wasn't fond of all the sentiment, personally. Not what I'm looking for in a rock star, really. But he does do a professional job.

5) Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea” - I really loved his vocals. And he seemed a bit more stage savvy. But still doesn't project hot sex the way his looks would lead you to believe. Shame, really.

6) Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough” - Meh. Another song and band that just bore me to tears. I was hoping Dilana would change that for me. She didn't. She bored me just as much. How the mighty have fallen for me.

7) Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground” - She's only here for having the cojones to take the song knowing Tommy would totally be the spotlight. She did okay, just not enough to compete with the titular star of the show (heh...I said "titular").

8) Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin” - Whoa! I thought he'd easily hit this out of the ballpark. He spent the whole evening looking intimidated and I worried about his performance. And when he finally sang, I was right. Easily his worst. Let's just hope it's a small bump in the road and not a flameout.

9) Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley” - Scowling a lot does not make you a rocker. And taking on an iconic song like this does not necessarily make you brave. Sometimes it makes you stupid. No way this girl should be singing hard rock songs. No freakin' way.

10) Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309” - Honestly, I had think hard about which of these next two should be last. Difficult decision for completely different reasons. She gets next to last just because at least she tried something unique, never mind it's bizarre manifestation. But, no matter what, she's a complete joke in my mind. She should be on that Stan Lee reality show if for no other reason than she has better superhero costumes than the contestants on that.

11) Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me” - I now officially hate her with the kind of passion I usually reserve for people who have personally offended me. And that performance managed to do just that. That song has some real personal connotations for me, which fine memories attached. She made it painful. I hate her, hate her, hate her.

Edited to fix html.

08-02-06, 10:02 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
"11) Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me” - I now officially hate her with the kind of passion I usually reserve for people who have personally offended me. And that performance managed to do just that. "

That's how I feel about her too.

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-04-06, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
Lucas does come across quite abrassively from the televised coverage - not any more than JD also did. The only thing is - notwithstanding you Glow, he's not the pinup boy JD was.

I am thinking Tommy would want to opt for a female. He is single and clearly looking....Storm be ready!

08-03-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
She should be on that Stan Lee reality show if for no other reason than she has better superhero costumes than the contestants on that.

LOL!! I told DW exactly that, that I think she is on the wrong reality show.

Velcrohead 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-02-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Velcrohead Click to send private message to Velcrohead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
A much, much better week. In fact, it’s probably my favourite night of performances over the two seasons. If there’s one thing in particular that came out was song choice really can make a world of difference.

Credit where it’s due as well: Supernova were constructive with their comments and I found myself agreeing with most of it.

The top three, all on a level par:

Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough”
You almost feel that the gig is hers already and only she could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Intense, energetic, brazen, stomptastic (is that a word?) and a vocal treat. You go girl!

Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria” Never mind that Josh doesn’t have the style to click with Supernova, his voice deserves an audience. The song suited him to a ‘T’ and he did a great job. I’d happily listen to him singing this many times over.

Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion”
So Ryan does have the chops after all. I’m surprised that people haven’t cottoned on to the fact that doing a piano solo guarantees you pimp credit. Mesmerising stuff. My one nitpick is that there was a brief period where Ryan changed the melody to an extent that you might have been listening to a completely different song, but still, fantastic.

4) Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes” It started a bit Broadway to me and far too conservative but then she just wrapped herself in the music. It was understated but all the more emotive for it. Storm *ahem* (double-entendre alert!) stripped down - I like it.

5) Magni – Coldplay “Clocks”
Catchy but then I make no apologies for being a Coldplay fan. (As an aside, I love the intro to this song). The vocal wasn’t stellar by any stretch of the imagination – a bit on the soft side, IMO – although it was perfectly serviceable.

6) Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea”
Better than last time but they seriously need to stop with the Nirvana love-fest. Now. I’m also becoming increasingly disconnected with Toby for some reason. He had all sorts of promise in Week 1 and yet while his performances are never the worst of the bunch he’s missing something. That thing I’d imagine - and God help me for quoting Simon Cowell – is the ‘X’ factor.

7) Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin”
What happened to Lukas this week? He seemed low key, flippant, almost depressed even. That confident-bordering-on-cocky-‘screw you’ attitude was gone. Glow, I think you need to relight his fire, baby Easily his worst performance.

8) Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground”
Dave said it was “pretty good.” That’s what it boils down to for me, too. I finished liking it less than I should have, though, especially after hearing the others who followed on the set.

9) Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309”
Either Zayra is totally oblivious to the reality that she is a figure of other people’s fun or she’s determined to rise above it. If it’s the latter, well, good on her. I was actually quite entertained by all that gyrating (what can I say, I like limber ) and it didn’t really sound all that bad to my ears. No doubt, she does channel Bjork at times. Sticking to more melodic and slower tempo material would be beneficial (as demonstrated by her two best performances to date: ‘Everybody Hurts’ and last week’s bottom three tune).

10) Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley”
The annoying thing is that Dana’s rendition flirted with potential only to fail in shifting into overdrive. It was alright in the end.

Plain awful. If you ever wanted to know how to ruin an 80s pop classic, you know now. Gilby was spot on: Jill oversang it. Not only that, it was soooooo…….forced. The screaming/shouting at the start was noise pollution. We have, it would seem, discovered a fake.

VH

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
Last week, I said that I was done with this show because Zayra wasn't booted. I'm glad that I'm a reality show addict, and I couldn't keep myself from watching, because I really enjoyed last nights show. A couple great performances, a couple good, mostly average, but only a few bad. I can deal with average, as long as there's not too much horrible. Heh.

Great

1. Storm -- I love this woman. She is amazing. I've loved every performance she's done. Loved seeing her do a soft performance. No crazy eyes!

2. Ryan -- Beautiful. He still looked very angry, but I guess that's just the way he is. I would like to see this performance again.

Good

3. Josh -- This was a perfect song for him. I loved the little beatbox thing he added in. Very good.

4. Dilana -- I'm having trouble remembering this performance right now, only because I can't hear the song in my head. I don't know that song. But I know I liked it, and I like Dilana.

Average

5. Dana -- I'm not as bothered by Dana as most people are. I think she's got talent, and I think she's really trying hard to take the comments that the band gives her and apply them to her performances. Props for that.

6. Magni -- It was alright. I think he had some trouble hitting the really high notes, but overall it was ok.

7. Zayra -- Remember at the top of this post when I almost gave up on the show because Z was still around? Well. I guess I eat my words just a tiny bit this week. I was one of the biggest Zayra haters on this board, but I really tried to go into last nights show with an open mind. And surprisingly, I didn't think Zayra was horrible. I didn't cringe at all! That? is amazing. If she does end up in the bottom 3, I will watch that performance with an open mind too. Maybe I'm suffering from temporary insanity.

8. Toby -- He is super hot, there is no denying that. But he bores me. I don't get all tingly watching him, so there must be something lacking in his performances. I didn't think this was anything special.

9. Patrice -- It was alright. Nothing special. Could Tommy Lee's drum solo have been any longer? *rolls eyes* Hey Tommy! This show isn't about you playing the drums, it's about finding a singer! Get over yourself, you DAW jerk.

Pretty Bad

10. Lukas -- I didn't notice that he had problems with the lyrics. I thought he was just mumbling as usual. I did notice that his stage presence was almost invisible. The odd way he kept pacing, and then going to stand with his back to the crowd. It was obvious he was uncomfortable, and that made it uncomfortable to watch.

11. Jill -- Way too much screaming. You can go now. It's obvious that the band hates you. And your housemates hate you. And most of this board hates you. I don't hate you, but I don't like you either.

A Vintage Tribe

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
>8. Toby -- He is super
>hot, there is no denying
>that. But he bores me.
>I don't get all tingly
>watching him

Exactly. It kinda freaks me out that a guy this gorgeous doesn't make me want to jump him. And I can't put my finger on the problem, so I can't even make it a constructive criticism.

>11. Jill -- Way too much
>screaming. You can go now.
>It's obvious that the band
>hates you. And your housemates
>hate you. And most of
>this board hates you. I
>don't hate you, but I
>don't like you either.

Don't worry, Jen. I hate her enough for all of us.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
LOL. I thought for sure you were going to *whack* me for putting Zayra at #7!

A Vintage Tribe

08-02-06, 10:50 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
Totally agree on the Toby thing. He has this aloofness about him that makes him seem so insincere. I think having dinner with him would seem like a painful, awkward experience:
Me: So, would you do Rockstar again?
Toby: Meh.
Me: Tell me about your family.
Toby: They're alright.
*cricket cricket*

He just doesn't seem comfortable relaxing with people & therefore, everything he does & says seems forced. At least that's how it feels to me.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
Two performers gave me just what I was asking for:

1. Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion” - At the beginning, it seemed like he was too busy competing to pay attention to the level of his own performances. Last night, he focused on performing...and did he ever perform. Mr. B was worried that Supernova wouldn't like this performance as much as we did. Definitely anchor-worthy.

2. Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes” - I thought there was a good voice hiding behind all of those theatrics, and I've been waiting for her to let it show. She did. Since she got the anchor last week, she won't get it this week, but I'm liking her more and more each week.

Drop off to...
3. Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough” - Still enjoyed this, but I wasn't saying "Oh, wow" like I did at the end of Storm and Ryan's performances.
4. Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria” - Liked the performance, but it just reinforced my feeling that he belongs on the coffee-house/unplugged route instead of fronting this band.

Firmly in the "so what" category for me this week (which means I won't waste my time nit-picking between them on which one I like better/worse than the others):

Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground”
Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea”
Magni – Coldplay “Clocks”
Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley”

And in the What-the-Hell-Was-That category...

9. Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309” - The guys are right, she does have entertainment value. At least she makes me laugh.
10. Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin” - I like him less and less each week. That performance was just poor. And after all the ruckus made about song choice, if he chose a song he didn't like, then he has no one but himself to blame for sucking on it.
11. Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me” - Obviously, she has made the choice that she just wants to scream and whore around the stage. I have made my choice not to want to see that anymore.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-02-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
I just sat down this morning and watched the show.

Spontaneous thoughts off the top of my head.

1) I'll make this prediction now, on 8/2/2006 at 11:14 am CST. Dilana will front Supernova. 'Nuff said. Damn, she's sexy in bizarro way.
2) Dana did WAY better than i thought she would. She avoided a very big brick wall there.
3) Go Ryan. That kicked major a$$$$.
4) Patrice - dump the hairdresser.
5) Zayra needs to go.
6) Jill needs to go.
7) What the heck happened to Lukas? Dana threw here brick wall to him this week. Major OOPS moment there.
8) I was not as impressed w/ Magni as the judges. I thought his vocals were off, or he was singing in too high a key for that song.
9) Mmmmm....Stormy....I like Stormy and Dilana.....

Goodbye Jill.

geekboy

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
1) Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion”
Color me surprised. I thought this was going to suck. It was great. When Tommy started waxing enthusiastic about his lovely ballad, which Ryan would render so sweetly, did anyone else think of Nigel Tufnel's "Suck my Love Pump"?

2) Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes”
Lvoe Bowie, not so crazy about this song, but she did it with personal style and has again really really impressed me.

3) Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough”
Great. Always great. But that song's as easy as it comes. And rocking right in front of the judges was hardly the unique gesture it was proclaimed to be...

4) Magni – Coldplay “Clocks”
For consistency's sake, let's call him Mr. Consistency. I like following a smart herd. Plus he's really attractive. We will weep all over his reunion scenes, I'm sure.

Reykjavik!

5) Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria”
Nice guy, nice song, wrong band.

6) Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309”
Sneetch and I enjoyed this. She's sort of like the intermission act between real competitors. If she weren't European we would probably find her pathetic, but because we pretend we're neopolitan, and because she pours herself into each weird new performance, and really changed up this song and so it sounded eccentric and fresh, she gets the number 6 spot. She doesn't BORE ME LIKE:

7) Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea”
He's so cute. He's so sincere. He is SO BORING.

8) Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley”
Another case of "I sing into my hairbrush better than that." She MUST leave and give AI a shot.

9) Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground”
She's not bad, she's just mediocre. It's always like Andrea from Beverly Hills 90210 trying to growl like Brenda might. I think she's too small to sing as loud as she wants. I always think of Suzanne Vega when she performs. Still, hard to imagine anyone standing out when they are bathing Tommy Lee (who is a fine drummer in my books) in mega klieglights.

10) Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin”
Soooooooooooooooooo bad. Just so bad. The only reason why this particular debacle (and he obviously knew it was awful) is not at the bottom of the list is because I still simply LOATHE ....

Yes Jill, we will forget ALL about you, just as soon as we get you the hell off our screen.

08-03-06, 05:15 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
If she weren't European we would probably find her pathetic

Puerto Rican

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
>>If she weren't European we would probably find her pathetic

Puerto Rican<<

That must be why I find her pathetic.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
Isn't she Cuban?

I was actually referring to her style, costumes, and general Bjorkishness when I said "european." Maybe should have used the lower case 'e' in the original post?

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-06 AT 02:25 PM (EST)

Patrice – Higher Ground: She sounded pretty good, but she’s still not terribly strong. She was kinda shouting, but that was probably adrenaline (she doesn’t usually over-sing). Hell, my adrenaline would have been pumping too with Tommy pounding the carp out of those drums!! I agree w/Dave’s comments about many of the singers getting lost. Overall: Eh.

Josh – Santoria: Ya know, Josh actually sounded pretty good on this. He’s much better when he’s not trying to growl & snarl like the rocker dude he’s not. His tech is still crap – that “smiling” is actually clenching, oy. I appreciate & agree w/Jason’s “be you” comment, but unfortunately it looks a little bit like Josh has some attitude about that. He certainly didn’t suck this week, but he’s clearly still wrong for the band.

Dilana – Can’t Get Enough: I still love her. And Hey! An up tune! Not Dilana’s best, but nowhere near bad. She’s still amazing.

Toby – Pennyroyal Tea: *sigh* I’m still pulling for you Toby, but the last few weeks haven’t been great. Toby, sweetie, when you do these ballad-ish songs, you tend to cover up your face with your hands & the mic. That puts a literal barrier between you and the audience. You need your face. (p.s. I REALLY HATE Nirvana. And not just because we've been hit over the head with them...I just HATE their music. HATE.)

Zayra – 867-5309: OK, so you know the unfinished bridge that the cars jump in the “Blues Brothers” movie? That’s actually the Hoan Bridge in Milwaukee, and when it was completed, it was a big deal. So they opened it to pedestrians for one night before they allowed traffic on it, and my friends & I took the couple-mile hike. It was very cool because Summerfest was going on & the bridge kinda passes over the Summerfest grounds – there was music & tons of people. We were suburban kids downtown man! This song is what we were singing & dancing to as we were walking. I think it was the summer before my senior yr in H.S. *sigh* good times.
Oh yeah – and Zayra sucks. I do think she’ll survive this week unless it’s a double elimination.

Magni – Clocks: I think Magni is probably the best singer, but I still find his presentation to be a little low-energy…or is it “cool”? But I’m really starting to like this guy. I think he’s obviously connecting with the other dads in the band.

Jill – Don’t You Forget About Me: Jill’s game was over last week, and her only chance to avoid elimination is to avoid bottom 3. She really needed to give an amazing performance this week to overcome the inevitable ill-will of the viewing audience following her outrageous brain failure. This was not that performance. Good Gravy that sucked!!! She picked a horrible key so that she could do the “hey-hey” stuff up an octave…but then the verses were too low for her. She screamed that beginning crap SO out of tune it hurt my ears – and then she couldn’t handle the rest of it either. Dead moron walking.

Ryan – Losing My Religion: Wow. That was pretty amazing. Loved Ryan wk 1, then he slipped a bit (it looked to me like nerves/stress) – but last wk & this week he is back! Didn’t love all his ad libs, but overall I thought it was great. He’ll get the encore.

Lukas – Celebrity Skin: OK Taz, let’s talk about song choice. You’re vocal tech has been questioned (because is sucks), so you’re singing HOLE? Oy vey. I thought it was awful. And (again I was channeling Gilby) doing half the song with your back to the audience? Because you don’t know the lyrics? Lame. No excuse.

Storm – Changes: Nice! That was my favorite Storm performance. Like Josh, she sounds much better when she isn’t growling & snarling. Unlike Josh, she’s just really good.

Dana – Baba O’Reilly: That was actually better than I thought it would be. I’m glad she’s learning, she seems like a perfectly nice young lady…but she’s still not right for this, and she’s not going to become right for this in a few weeks time. I think she’s raised herself up out of the deadwood category…but there’s no way she’ll win. As soon as they get rid of Jill, Zayra, Josh…

Excellent
Ryan
Dilana
Magni
Storm

Eh
Toby
Dana
Patrice
Josh

GO HOME
Lukass
Zayra
Jill

Random thoughts: I really love Gilby & Jason's comments. Tommy Lee cracks me up! LOVE the house band beyond reason. The new promo for "The Class" was really cool.

edited to say: Just watched the webisode, and I'd like to retract soften my comments about Josh's attitude - I get it, this is who he is, either they can work with it or not. Still think he needs voice lessons, and still think he's wrong for the band - but it's not a "bad" attitude.

Sonicbluebird 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-02-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonicbluebird Click to send private message to Sonicbluebird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
1. Josh - I don't think that he is the one for the band, and up until this week, I wondered why on earth he was even on the show, but when he is in his element he really shines. Loved it.

2. Storm - No freaky eyes, It was enjoyable to watch

3. Dilana - I think she should front the band. She has the whole package

4. Magi - Not his best performance, not his worst either

5. Dana - I like her singing, even if she reminds me of a blowup doll at times.

6. Patrice - She wasn't bad, but not memorable.

7. Jill - She is her own worst enemy

8. Zayra - She wasn't as bad as I thought she would be. Perhaps it is the fact that I have such low expectations for her, that when she doesn't totally blow it, I am impressed

9. Toby - Blah. I really liked him in the beginning, but wow, he has become a disappointment

10. Ryan - The piano playing is the only thing that saved him from being on the bottom, because I thought his vocals sucked

11. Lukas - Cocky and just proved that he doesn't have a reason to be so. Come on, be a man, face the audience. Oh, yeah, learn the song you are going to sing.

LittleFox 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-02-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LittleFox Click to send private message to LittleFox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
RYAN WAS AWESOME!!!!

OMG I HATE Magni and Zayra........I can't understand what anyone likes about them! I may have to stop watching if Zayra doesn't go tonight.........

Then I'll just wait for Dilana's solo tour to come to my town! (wink)

*Come join the coolest club in town!:

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=20486

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
A crazy week. I think I will divide the rawkers into male and female categories this week.

The females:

1. Storm - she is the female I am enjoying the most these days. She has stripped back the freaky eyes and I like her voice.

2. Dana - I know she will never front this band. But I am really starting to like her voice.

3. Patrice - I didn't like the way she was made up this week. But I did like her voice. So with my eyes closed she was good.

4. Dilana - she has dropped way down on my list. She now seems to be doing the same thing all the time and her voice is boring me.

5. Zayra - she only ends up ahead of Jill because at least Zayra entertains me.

6. Jill - I just want her to go home.

The males:

1. Ryan - he really was at the top this week. Loved this performance.

2. Lukas - I hate not having him as #1 this week. But Ryan brought it and Lukas stumbled. But Lukas was still more entertaining than the guys below him.

3. Josh - a good job for that song. It just isn't my type.

4. Magni - he did fine for a Coldplay song.

5. Toby - why why why don't you bring the passion? I am so bored watching Toby. I am confused why a good looking guy can bore me so much on stage.

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-02-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
Just found this thread....

1) Ryan Star - LOVED it. Until now I had not been impressed with him at all and considered him arrogant - but he blew everyone else away last night. Without a doubt will get the encore. I cant say I like him yet though, I'll reserve judgement for a week or two after this though...

2) Magni - He gave me chills last night, and over the last few weeks I've found myself rooting for him more and more. He seems very genuine.

3) Dilana - I'm completely in love with her stage presence and abilty to perform. Her Ring of Fire performance left me speechless. This one I wasnt as in love with - I think the bulky jacket made her movements a bit akward. But even when she's a little off, she's still incredible. Win or not, she'll have a contract when this is over...the world has discovered Dilana.

4) Storm Large - I've felt she was really good for a while now, but the crazy eyes really bug me out - last night she showed a whole different side and it was beautiful.

5) Josh Logan - I agree with everyone pretty much, he really is not right for SN, but very good at what he does. He'll stay around long enough to make a name for himself and for lesser ones to leave and then he'll be gone. He finally looked comfortable up there again last night.

6) Dana Andrews - I actually liked her performance last night. I loved that she ditched the shoes. For her I think she did really well - but, she's just not up to par with everyone else overall and I dont see a group with the experience and the age of SN bringing her on.

The rest below just did not impress me at all...

7) Toby - He's sliding down slowly for me. It was ok, but just ok. He doesnt seem to have much personality and thats showing through. I'll give him another week or two though before I write him off.

8) Patrice - I hate that I'm putting her above Lukas, but I didnt hate her this week, and most weeks I just am totally bored by her. This week I was only semi-bored - but then, maybe that was because Tommy was so entertaining.

9) Lukas - Ok, I still have faith, but god that sucked last night, I mean really sucked. Yet, still wasnt the worst...

The two below are a toss-up for who goes home next - both will have been in the bottom three three times now, right? If I was SN I'd just send them both home...I'm looking forward to two weeks from now when the dead weight is gone.

10) Zayra - She's certainly original, just not in a way that you really want to watch. She slightly beats out Jill just because well, she doesnt incite near hatred.

11) Jill - Time to go home, she's weighing the show down.

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-06 AT 08:02 PM (EST)

FWIW ... Here are my picks ...

1. Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion” - Ditto what everyone else said - he nailed it and I hope he enjoys his time in the spot light, cause I don't know how long it's going to last! He deserves the encore (or is it anchor

2. Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes”. As a huge Bowie fan, I've got to admit, she did this song justice. A nice switch from last week too. She's definitely got our attention -- a contender, I think.

3. Magni – Coldplay “Clocks”. He is consistent and versatile. Can't wait to see what he does next!

4. Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria”. So what if he's not for this band. I love his voice and his style!

5. Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough”. She's a fabulous entertainer, but her voice is beginning to grate on me. I also agree with Architect-Girl about her rendition of "Ring of Fire." It was incredible!

6. Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground” - Don't care that much for her voice, but she can at least stay on key!!

7. Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea”. He's very consistent, but starting to get a bit boring.

8. Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley”. I thought she sang well, although she should have been gone weeks ago.

9. Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin”. A terrible performance! Ranks among the worst I've seen this season -- I couldn't understand a word he sang and he had his back to the audience and camera the whole time. What's with that? I thought Dave and the band were way too easy on him last night! I also have to say, I'm not a fan of all the glitter make-up and the hair and face make him look like Pepe Le Pew's twin!

10. Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309”. Can you say Stripper? Because that's what she reminds me of! Should have been gone weeks ago!!

11. Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me”. Somebody please let this girl go! Not the right fit at all, but I do like the hair extensions.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-06-06, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 5"
I think I can make this just under the wire. Even though the elimination has already occured, I'll post my list anyway.

1. Storm Large – David Bowie “Changes” (1) - Another amazing performance. I still love Storm.

2. Ryan Star – R.E.M. “Losing my Religion”(3) - Ryan keeps getting better and better. That performance was proof that you don't need to be harder and faster to rock. I think it is all about the intensity.

3. Toby Rand – Nirvana “Pennyroyal Tea”(7) - Not his best but I did like his rendition of the song.

4. Dilana – Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough”(2) - Her least impressive performance yet. But her bar is set much higher then most.

5. Magni – Coldplay “Clocks”(4) - I don't like Coldplay much but I thought he did a good job with this song.

6. Zayra Alvarez – Tommy Tutone “867-5309”(11) - I was surprised how much I liked the music after the band complained about her arangement during rehersals. It was good. Her vocals always need another listen.

7. Josh Logan – Sublime “Santeria”(9) - I'm waiting for the "soul patrol, soul patrol" chant from Josh.

8. Patrice Pike – Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground”(10) - The song was well done, but there was zero enthusiasm on stage.

9. Dana Andrews – The Who “Baba O’ Riley”(6) - This was pretty good, but as others have said, she is still just pretending to be a rocker.

10. Lukas Rossi – Hole “Celebrity Skin”(5) - Falling fast on my list. I guess we know why we can't understand the lyrics to the songs he sings, he dosn't know them.

11. Jill Gioia – Simple Minds “Don’t You Forget About Me”(12) - Sets a low standard and consistently fails to achieve it.

Bye, bye Phil Ritche(8) - I won't miss the wobbly, worbbly, wet noodle.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •