The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Result night - week 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-02-06, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Result night - week 5"
And the "anchor" goes to....

Ryan!

Singers in the bottom 3 at some time during the voting:

Toby
Patrice
Zayra
Dana
Jill

Bottom 3:
Patrice
Dana
Jill

Bye-bye, Dana

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Result night - week 5 SilverStar 08-02-06 1
   RE: Result night - week 5 Wacko Jacko 08-02-06 3
       RE: Result night - week 5 Glow 08-02-06 7
 RE: Result night - week 5 whiskey1 08-02-06 2
   RE: Result night - week 5 Wacko Jacko 08-02-06 4
       RE: Result night - week 5 whiskey1 08-02-06 5
 RE: Result night - week 5 Ahtumbreez 08-02-06 6
   RE: Result night - week 5 Glow 08-03-06 11
       RE: Result night - week 5 Ahtumbreez 08-03-06 18
 RE: Result night - week 5 Glow 08-02-06 8
   RE: Result night - week 5 SherpaDave 08-03-06 10
       RE: Result night - week 5 Glow 08-03-06 12
 RE: Result night - week 5 SherpaDave 08-03-06 9
   RE: Result night - week 5 Glow 08-03-06 13
   RE: Result night - week 5 weltek 08-03-06 22
 RE: Result night - week 5 brvnkrz 08-03-06 14
 RE: Result week 5 - HOTRS cycles2k 08-03-06 15
 RE: Result night - week 5 Glow 08-03-06 16
   RE: Result night - week 5 dreamerbeliever 08-03-06 17
       RE: Result night - week 5 Wacko Jacko 08-03-06 19
           RE: Result night - week 5 bullzeye 08-03-06 25
   RE: Result night - week 5 weltek 08-03-06 21
 RE: Result night - week 5 weltek 08-03-06 20
 RE: Result night - week 5 Loree 08-03-06 23
   RE: Result night - week 5 geg6 08-03-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Result night - week 5"
*hears the collective scream of everyone who thought Jill was going home tonight*
*runs for cover*

A Tribe work of art
*thinks of Ahkie* *takes cold shower* *grin*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-02-06, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Result night - week 5"
Of the bottom three. The one who should've been going home did. And I agree with the bottom three. Patrice says America don't get it....No Patrice you don't get it...YOU ARE BORING....who cares if you rock...you rock in a sucky kind of way.

Dana...I found her pathetic. It is like she totally changed herself to be like SuperNova and it was never in her. She is a talented person but she was just faking her way thru the competition. You didn't learn a thing Dana. You should just try to be yourself....not something you are not. The tattoo topped it off. I wrote a couple weeks ago.....'what's next for Dana a tattoo and a cigarette'. Well, I was at least 50% right....I won't doubt she was smoking around the house too. Pathetic!

Jill is so full of talent. She just aint for this band. I mean it was impossible to cut her after that performance. At first I was worried because Jason looked puzzled. But her talent shined thru...and at least Jill is not trying to be something she is not.

Toby and Zayra had no business standing and waiting their turns.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Result night - week 5"
I like Patrice. I just wish she'd be more of the Patrice I hear so much about. And oh yeah, the one that comes out during bottom 3 performances. "My Iron Lung" will forever remain one of my favorite performances of this competition - And no, that's not only because of LukasTongue, though it helped.

Yes! on Dana. Good call on the tattoo. LOL. Though I do think she's learned a lot. I wish her well.

I think Jason's puzzled look was 'oh crap. We were totally ready to cut her and she's singing perfectly.' Or it was just edited in that way.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

whiskey1 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-02-06, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whiskey1 Click to send private message to whiskey1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Result night - week 5"
I am so pissed! I lost power in my house during the first 10 minutes of the show tonight and it just came back on now. This is the only damn show I look forward to all week - and my power goes out! Unreal. Anyway, thanks for the re-cap. Now it'll be another week until something decent is on TV.

08-02-06, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Result night - week 5"
You in Michigan? Lost it briefly during Ryan's encore performance...but it came on in seconds.

whiskey1 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-02-06, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whiskey1 Click to send private message to whiskey1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Result night - week 5"
Nope, Long Island, New York. This heat is killer. But I'll still take it over snow any day.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Result night - week 5"
What songs did the bottom 3 sing? Out in the middle of Idaho with no reception. Yuck.

08-03-06, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Result night - week 5"
Jill did "Alone". She did it wonderfully (*cries*) in her lower register.

Dana did..."House of the Rising Sun" She said she reworked the music to give it a more modern feel. So if she really did that herself, good on her.

Patrice did "Eternal Life" by Jeff Buckley! Yay! I almost want her in the bottom 3 every week just so she can pick her own songs. Radiohead and Jeff Buckley? I *heart* Patrice.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Result night - week 5"
Thanks Glowie. I hate missing the result show, that seems to be when we get to see them at their best.
TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original

08-02-06, 11:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Result night - week 5"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-06 AT 00:01 AM (EST)

Yay! for Ryan! totally gives me chills every time I watch it and I've watched it A LOT.

And I almost wish Lukas was in the bottom 3 so he could have redeemed himself. He probably felt that same way. Wanting to redeem himself yet relieved at the same time.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Result night - week 5"
I kinda wanted him there, too, because I think he would have delivered something completely captivating. Remember how JD did when he wound up B3 last year? I freaking love when the great ones wind up there because they get to sing their own choice of song instead of something off a hideous list.

I didn't think he'd be there because of all the cred he's developed, but it would have kicked ##### if he had been. I have no doubt he'd have blown the other two away, enough so that we might have been treated to a double elimination. Oh, well.

08-03-06, 00:07 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Result night - week 5"
yes. Exactly. I'm not totally bummed though. I would have probably been sad to see him not bring in the votes. You know what I mean? Kind of bittersweet.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Result night - week 5"
She saved herself? She SAVED herself?!?!?! HOW?! There was nothing new in that performance at all. Why won't she just go away?

08-03-06, 00:08 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Result night - week 5"
If they were doing double elims this year, this was the perfect opportunity. *sigh* oh well. One more week.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Result night - week 5"
As I said below, she vocally nailed the song & I think Supernova appreciated her toned down performance. However, it's not a technically difficult song to sing if you have a big voice.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Result night - week 5"
I still want to see Zayra go home. But of the bottom 3 tonight (I would have switched Patrice and Lukas), I would have rather seen Jill go than Dana.

A wonderful Tribe original

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-03-06, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Result week 5 - HOTRS"
I felt that Dana was better than Patrice and Jill so I was surprised.

As I mentionned on another thread:

Nobody should ever be eliminated after doing a competent version of House of the Rising Sun. .

I vote we make everybody sing House of the Rising Sun at least once! Dilana would be awsome, Lukas would be spooky and Zayra would do things with that song that are not dreamt of in the minds of most men.

08-03-06, 00:28 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Result night - week 5"
I decided to take a few minutes and type this out.

Dave: "Dude, you were killing it in this competition. I mean you just... you had this thing locked. What happened last night, man?"
Lukas: "You know I see it this way, man. I'm only human and it was my turn to uh.. screw up a bit, man. And you know what? Take it like a man. Everyone's gonna do it. uh...It's not gonna happen again though, man. If I get in the bottom three, which I think I should be for that particular song, I know I'm good enough to get myself out of it. So...*shrug*"
Dave: "Right on, dude. Diggin the hair like that too, man. Hair looks good."
Lukas: "*wink* Thanks baby."

His hair did look very cute. He's beautiful. The wink. The smile. The dimples. *giggle* *composes self*

Ryan's answer to why they didn't all fight for "Higher Ground" to perform with TLee was absolutely perfect. I'm glad they asked him that because I'm not sure if anybody else would have answered it as well. Maybe I should type that out too. hmmm...

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-03-06, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Result night - week 5"
Totally agree Glow that Ryan did a great job answering that loaded question and did fantastic with the anchor, but after tonight’s edit of Ryan I am now worried about him long-term.

A couple of editing tricks by Mark Burnett made me go hmmm tonight. First was the very mild reaction of SN of the encore. Only a quick shot of Tommy giving mild applause was used and very little crowd enthusiasm. Second was Jason saying that Ryan only won the encore by a very small margin. While I thought Storm, Dilana, and Josh did fantastic, it wasn’t that close in my mind.

And why did they go to Ryan for that question? Wasn’t it only Patrice & Josh who were shown to have any interest in performing that song with Tommy? Were they hoping Ryan would give a poor answer to take him down a peg or two after a spectacular surprising performance?

Not saying Ryan is going to get the boot anytime soon but does SN want him to make it as far as week 11, 12, the finale, or to win the gig? I don’t know, but on a night when praise should have flooded into Ryan’s ears, it just didn’t happen. It was almost as though they felt obligated to give it to him.

On an editing plus for Ryan, he was the first shown when Gilby told the rockers about the next task. Knowing what I do about Ryan, I totally think he is going to step-up to the plate with something special for lyrics. This task is also right up Lukas and Magni's alley. They will excel!

I never did have the patience to wait out my buffering problem to see the group song writing clinic. Who was shown to excel & who fizzled?

08-03-06, 07:24 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Result night - week 5"
About Ryan. If SuperNova wants him to get suspicious editing like you say...which I seriously doubt....then so be it....if they don't want to hire him as their singer than that is there choice. Also, Burnett does not have to edit Ryan in A particular way....because he will by default be in the bottom three at some point. Personally, I don't think Ryan won the encore by that much either....I don't think his perfromance was all that great....he was a little better last night than the night before.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-03-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Result night - week 5"
I tend to agree and think if it were not for the fact that Storm had the anchor the week before, she would have been picked last night. That rendition of "Changes" blew me away!

08-03-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Result night - week 5"
I didn't get to see the Q&A, but it sounds like Lukas said the right things when asked about his performance. I like that answer a lot better than the one in his other interview.

08-03-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Result night - week 5"
I missed the anchor, but knew I could count on you guys to fill me in.

LOL at Jason telling Dana "That is SO Rockstar!" regarding her spa appointment. I think they'd have given any other rocker a hard time about it, but knew she'd be going either that night or the next time, so just wanted to make her laugh & feel good.

I thought all three performances were pretty good. Although I don't think that Alone is a technically difficult song to sing if you have a big voice. It was smart of Jill to tone it down for last night. Maybe she IS actually paying attention. But man I wish she'd go.

Our next bootees should be pretty obvious: Zayra, Patrice, Josh, Jill...in some mixed up order.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Result night - week 5"
When Ryan responded to the question (about playing with T Lee) by saying they all should be answering this question. I think he was wishing someone else had been asked it. But he made the perfect answer.

Lukas was probably feeling mixed emotions lastnight. Part of him was probably hoping to perform and show everyone that he could bounce back after a so-so performance. But he also had to realize he does have alot of fans if they saved him from even being in the bottom 3 at any time during the night. That is something that SN has to notice too. Lukas, Dilana and Storm are now the only rawkers who have never hit the bottom 3 at all during voting. SN wants a singer that has a built-in fan base. It makes their job easier.

As much as I don't like Jill. I admit she did a very good job lastnight and deserved to be saved. Singing the Heart song was obviously done because of Gilby.

I think Dana has a great voice. But I wasn't that impressed with her lastnight. She didn't come out and save herself. She could have made it harder for the band to boot her.

Patrice was kind of boring lastnight. I thought she was excellent when she was in the bottom 3 last time. But this time she didn't nail it.

So I understand why they sent Jill back to the rawker pod first. And I think they could have justified sending home either Patrice or Dana lastnight. I think they know that Dana will never be right for them. So it was time to cut her loose before she changed too much just to suit them. And they probably still have some hope for Patrice.

I am really looking forward to the individual song writing clinic. I think this will be a big eye opener to the band about who can measure up and who can't. Some of the rawkers have struggled and complained about doing covers. So lets see if they excel at song writing. And will they write a song that SN can use or one that suits their own taste instead.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-06, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Result night - week 5"
Ryan is a very smart guy whose very quick on his feet.

Jill still sucks tennis balls. "Alone" is not enough for me.

>I am really looking forward to
>the individual song writing clinic.
> I think this will
>be a big eye opener
>to the band about who
>can measure up and who
>can't. Some of the
>rawkers have struggled and complained
>about doing covers. So
>lets see if they excel
>at song writing. And
>will they write a song
>that SN can use or
>one that suits their own
>taste instead.

Yes! I can't wait for this. Last season, this was the most telling moment of the whole season. I really think it all turned on this for JD. It was pretty much no contest afterward.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •