The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rockstar"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

melrose 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-12-06, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail melrose Click to send private message to melrose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rockstar"
Who got kicked off tonight?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rockstar KLicK 07-12-06 1
   RE: Rockstar SherpaDave 07-12-06 3
       RE: Rockstar KLicK 07-13-06 4
 The look on Zayra's face! SherpaDave 07-12-06 2
   RE: The look on Zayra's face! byoffer 07-13-06 5
       RE: The look on Zayra's face! Snidget 07-13-06 6
       RE: The look on Zayra's face! cheesybread 07-13-06 7
           RE: The look on Zayra's face! Wacko Jacko 07-13-06 8
               RE: The look on Zayra's face! nailbone 07-13-06 9
               RE: The look on Zayra's face! CattyChat 07-13-06 10
               RE: The look on Zayra's face! Snidget 07-13-06 11
                   RE: The look on Zayra's face! SherpaDave 07-13-06 12
               RE: The look on Zayra's face! Savahnna 07-13-06 13
               RE: The look on Zayra's face! Magnolia_Rocker 07-13-06 18
                   RE: The look on Zayra's face! nailbone 07-13-06 19
                       RE: The look on Zayra's face! Magnolia_Rocker 07-13-06 22
                       RE: The look on Zayra's face! Nonexistance 07-13-06 25
               RE: The look on Zayra's face! TK2 07-13-06 24
   RE: The look on Zayra's face! Savahnna 07-13-06 14
       RE: The look on Zayra's face! Wacko Jacko 07-13-06 15
           RE: The look on Zayra's face! Nonexistance 07-13-06 16
           RE: The look on Zayra's face! Savahnna 07-13-06 17
               RE: The look on Zayra's face! nailbone 07-13-06 20
                   RE: The look on Zayra's face! Savahnna 07-13-06 21
                       RE: The look on Zayra's face! nailbone 07-13-06 23
                           RE: The look on Zayra's face! Glow 07-13-06 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-12-06, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rockstar"
Is it a spoiler before midnight eastern?....Spaces just in case

The encore went to Toby.

Bottom 3: Jill, Zayra, and Chris (Jenny was fourth from the bottom) with Chris exiting.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-12-06, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rockstar"
Good grief. I understand that Chris was bottom three two weeks in a row and his performance tonight was only so-so. But Zayra SUCKED. Holy crap, what WAS that?! It was even more painful than last night. That chick has just got to go.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-13-06, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rockstar"
Totally agree!

The second Zayra said she was singing the same song, I would have said -- "nevermind, you really don't get it...go home!"

07-12-06, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "The look on Zayra's face!"
Priceless, priceless, priceless. The whole time Jill was singing, Zayra looked like, "So that's how that song goes. Huh."

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
She is so far from reality I wonder how she even knew about this show. Terrible song, and instead of butchering another she just repeats the same one.

Zayra is like the Wild Hanlons on Treasure Hunter. They got eliminated, but the Rock Star producers want to keep this clown around for another episode or two. Are we a little curious about how bad she can really get??

Anyone else notice that after Chris sang, the Supernova guys started playing rock/paper/scissors?? DW figured that was not to see who would get eliminated, but rather to see who would have to be the hatchet man. Tommy Lee must suck at that game to lose 2 weeks in a row.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-06, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
I also thought it was for who had to be the one to say "you go home". I get the feeling none of them really wants to be the hatchet man in this group.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-13-06, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"

I just thought it was a goof. But the Hatchet man theory makes sense too.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-13-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
About Zayra. You guys really think she sucked that bad? I actaully enjoyed her version of that song. She really reworked it and it was quite original. I liked her version better than the original to be honest with you.

Now with that being said it was very ballsy for her to play the same song after Gilby ripped her version of it the show before. I was like this girl is going home....didn't she see matt last week? But to be honest with you I think she did it better this time than the last and the guys from Supernova were impressed with her guts to play it again.

Honestly, I can see why some of you dislike her. She has an attitude, but if you want humbleness on a show about Rock Stars than you are watching the wrong show. This always bugged me when people rip one of these contestents attitudes. Zayra has a rock star attitude. Same thing went with The Contender. People said so and so fighter was too cocky. People we are watching Rock Stars and Boxers! Cockiness is part of the persona of people in these professions.

I think Zayra is very talented. Is she right for this band? I doubt it.....seems SuperNova is not going the route Zayra wants to go. But, I would rather have a Zayra around a few more weeks and see her creatively change classic songs around than to see someone like Chris who was just a dull cover artist.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
I wanna preface by saying that I, too, thought it was a stupid move (up there with doing Duran Duran) for her to sing the same song again. I just don't think she gets it.

However, I don't think she's got any more or less attitude than Jill or Lukas, the others that have been discussed for their attitude/cockiness. I noticed last night that Zayra, due to limited English language skills, had a hard time saying what she wanted to say, searching for words and not quite using the correct ones for what she wanted to convey.

I still don't think she's gonna win, and I don't think she gets it yet.

But she's still hot.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-13-06, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
I'm with you on this one, Wacko. Everything you said goes double for me.

As soon as Zayra announced she was singing the same song, I cringed (although I thought it was decent the first time she did it). I was happy to see & hear that she did an even better job on it the second time around and I got the impression she was trying to make a point and not back down on her song choice. For that, I applaud her, and I think that helped save her. She has guts.

Chris was bleh. Unfortunately, Jill did a great job on her last song last night, because based on her first 2 performances I was hoping she would go home.

I don't think Zayra is as bad as everyone else around here. Do I think she's right for this band? No, but a couple of my other faves won't fit with this band either (like Toby).

I also don't think Zayra has a sucky attitude, she's just trying to get some helpful feedback and make a point. When she said that she had listened to 45's while in Puerto Rico, I took note. 45s!!! I haven't seen/bought one of those since the mid-80s. Not all these people were born and raised in the USA where they have access to what most of us take for granted. T-Lee and the Boys should be impressed she even heard of their stuff while growing up in P.R.

Also, let's not forget Zayra was chosen by them as a final 15 contestant. So, they can't blame her for doing her thing when it was what got her there in the first place. Give her some constructive guidance as to what you like/don't like.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
Honestly, I can see why some of you dislike her. She has an attitude,

The only thing I like about her is her attitude.

I don't like how she arranges or sings the songs. (although version two of the Kinks was better IMO than version one)
I don't like her stage presense.
I don't like her flailing around that I suppose is dancing or something (her movements remind me of someone I knew who used to use guys up one right after the other and a comment made between a couple of the guys about the fact that while she was easy to get into bed the quality of the screwing they were getting in bed was not worth the screwing they were getting in all other areas of the relationship).

Look-wise, I go back and forth, sometimes she looks hot to me, othertimes not, but I think that has to do with how bad she is flailing around at the moment.

But her attitude, Me likely that.

07-13-06, 11:15 AM (EST)
12. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
I'm with you on all of this. Her attitude is the only thing I do like. I think she's unattractive and moves like someone with a nervous disorder. And I don't even want to talk about her voice. Ouch.

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-13-06, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"

>if you want humbleness on
>a show about Rock Stars
>than you are watching the
>wrong show.

Yup. Humility really worked for Chris.

I actually think her "confidence" may have saved her a little this week.

But.....don't mess with the Kink's music. .....that's a huge felony as far as I'm concerned!!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-13-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
My dislike of her? She sings with an accent. Every good singer no matter where they hale from knows to sing without one. Her's gets on my everlasting nerve hearing it in song. Speaking voice I could care less but her accent made some of the words sound downright awful. Also, I agree with whoever said her flailing around on-stage is annoying. Those are the reasons I don't care for her.

Summer siggy thanks to Syren!

07-13-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
Every good singer no matter where they hale from knows to sing without one.

Most of the Hispanic singers I can think of (Ricky Martin, Julio Iglesias, etc.) don't sing without some accent.

Also, I agree with whoever said her flailing around on-stage is annoying.

Yeah, some of her hand movements, etc. are kinda weird. OTOH, Dilana jumped around like a crazed chimp singing Nirvana last week.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-13-06, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
Ok, some yes but her's is very harsh when she pronounces some words and it hurts my ears, like she goes sharp or something.

Summer siggy thanks to Syren!

Nonexistance 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-13-06, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nonexistance Click to send private message to Nonexistance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-06 AT 10:08 PM (EST)

OTOH, Dilana jumped around like a crazed chimp singing Nirvana last week.

Oh, but this is our precious Dilana! She can do no wrong! </sarcasm> Yes, I'm a Dilana fan, but let's be honest here. She was flapping her wings like a frickin' chicken. Her voice entrances me as much as the next person, but her dancing also tends to be rather...odd, but not completely in the same way as Zayra's.

TK2 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-13-06, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TK2 Click to send private message to TK2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
Zayra - OMGoodness! She should of went and Chris should be humilated that he went before her when they both were up. She cannot sing, she dances like some kind of Russian Robot. Her shimmy was not sexy at all. She is comic relief.....period!

07-13-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
>Priceless, priceless, priceless. The whole time
>Jill was singing, Zayra looked
>like, "So that's how that
>song goes. Huh."

Her face was really priceless. How ironic that she wasn;'t the one to go down that time either. She sure looked like she knew she was.

Chris appeared to "go with the flow" when the others were making their last plea and appeared to be getting into their performances.....Zayra was clearly distracted

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-13-06, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
I know most of you are familiar with Guns and Roses, Motley Crue and Metalicca. The one thing you may not be aware of is the bands these guys have been outside of those groups. I have no idea about Gilby, in fact I do not even think he was in GNR very long....one album maybe? I know Jason has done some stuff, but never heard it. But as far as Tommy goes, he has done all kinds of stuff. Some of the stuff he did was more rap. He even did some music that is somewhat similar to what Zayra has done. So to just go GNR, MC or M she don't sound like that is discrediting not only Gilby, Tommy, and Jason but also artists like Zayra who make some music different than the bands you are accustomed too. Sure Zayra's music is different than GNR, MC or M but it does have a hard edge too it. keep that in mind when she says she isn't exactly sure what SuperNova is looking for. She could in fact be what they are looking for.....I get the impression Tommy and Jason like her, but Gilby does not. Again....don't know what Gilby has done to be honest with you. Personally I enjoy her arrangements.

Nonexistance 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-13-06, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nonexistance Click to send private message to Nonexistance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
My main problem with her is that she has no sense of pitch. Yes, rock isn't about hitting all the right notes, but they should at least be able to sing in the right key, or if they start in the wrong key, be able to adjust it within a few bars. Zayra has proven that she can't do that, and that her song choice is very unflattering to her voice.

07-13-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
I
>get the impression Tommy and
>Jason like her, but Gilby
>does not.

ITA. I'm not a GNR or MC or Metalica fan myself....but I agree she has her own style and in hindsight ....I respect her for not responding to Gilby's slam and doing her own thing. I wouldn't mind seeing some conflict amonngst the band in this case. While I wasn't wild about her Kink's reversion.....and I mean it sincerely....I was very not wild about it.....Tommy and Jason did seem to like it.....wierd dynamics......I don't know.

07-13-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
Tommy and Jason did seem to like it.....wierd dynamics......I don't know.

Again, this is one thing I agree with Zayra on. It's VERY hard to tell exactly what it is that they're looking for from performance to performance.

07-13-06, 04:20 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
>Tommy and Jason did seem
>to like it.....wierd dynamics......I don't
>know.
>

>
>Again, this is one thing I
>agree with Zayra on.
>It's VERY hard to tell
>exactly what it is that
>they're looking for from performance
>to performance.

I agree. I know nothing to little about Supernove (whole and parts)...... but I don't think it's far fetched to guess that they don't have a clue who or what they're looking for either. INXS at least had a foundation and a past to "cast" the next lead.

I wondered in both scenarios (INXS and Supernova) if there was a discussion about gender preference. I could totally see a women leading this one......she better not provoke Tommy ........but yeah......I could see a woman.

07-13-06, 04:30 PM (EST)
23. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
I'm just thinking that boiled down, Crue and Metallica were not really that similar, with GnR closer to Crue than Metallica. So just looking at their bands wouldn't necessarily give one a good clue as to what they're looking for.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-06, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The look on Zayra's face!"
Sometimes I think they know what they want and they just have this greatly different group of contestants for ratings. Other times I think that they don't know what they want yet any more than we do.

an arkie work of art

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •