The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Countdown to Supernova"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-19-06, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Countdown to Supernova"
Well we’re now about 2 weeks away from the premier of Rockstar: Supernova and I must admit that I’m completely pumped. Season one fans should begin to start trickling in as we get closer to the premier on July 5th. Would love to hear some thoughts of what you would like to see out of season 2. What would you like to see changed or added from season one? Should the basic structure and format of eliminations stay the same?

With Supernova probably being more geared to playing & writing harder rock to heavy metal, will the contestants singing bands like Ozzy, Judas Priest, Metallica, Motley Crue, or Guns and Roses be a turn on or off? Was the heavy dose of 60’s & 70’s rock tunes something you really enjoyed or are you ready and hoping for a little head bangin’ this summer?

We know from the media articles that “house” episodes are strictly going to be online. This will probably mean that the common viewer who doesn’t scour the net for nuggets of info will base their opinions based solely on performance. Good or bad thing? Would more people have liked JD had they not seen his game-play tactics in the beginning? But on the flip side, would fewer people have fallen for Mig had they not known what a nice guy he is?

First and foremost on my agenda is to have the same or even a better talent level pool from the contestants. Let’s put American Idol to shame again Secondly, I would love to see a harder edge to the songs being sung but also tunes from all genera’s of music. Truly test the contestant’s abilities by having them sing Jazz, Blues, R&B, and so on. I love all music, so this would be awesome for me. Also hoping for great rating this season! Cause I want a season 3 next summer.

Of Tommy, Jason, and Gilby, who is your favorite musician? I know I’ll probably be in the minority here but put me down for Gilby. Fantastic picker and was so happy he was the first to leave GNR because of Axle’s premadonna attitude and Slash & Duffs umm over indulgences.

Are there any INXS contestants you would like to see make a special guest appearance? Think most of you know where I stand on this question Jordis, more Jordis, and even a little more Jordis for me please.

Well I’ve tossed alot out there, now it’s your turn to toss in 2 cents.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Countdown to Supernova weltek 06-20-06 1
 RE: Countdown to Supernova Loree 06-21-06 2
   RE: Countdown to Supernova dreamerbeliever 06-22-06 3
       RE: Countdown to Supernova Wacko Jacko 06-23-06 4
           RE: Countdown to Supernova SurvivorBlows 06-23-06 5
               RE: Countdown to Supernova weltek 06-23-06 6
                   RE: Countdown to Supernova SurvivorBlows 06-23-06 8
                   RE: Countdown to Supernova Glow 07-05-06 17
           RE: Countdown to Supernova nharfan 06-23-06 9
               RE: Countdown to Supernova Loree 06-23-06 10
                   RE: Countdown to Supernova nharfan 06-24-06 11
                   RE: Countdown to Supernova SurvivorBlows 06-26-06 12
 Dave Navarro Loree 06-23-06 7
   RE: Dave Navarro Deekeryu 06-27-06 13
 Tommy Lee Loree 06-28-06 14
 RE: Countdown to Supernova underthestarz87x 07-02-06 15
   RE: Countdown to Supernova Nonexistance 07-02-06 16
       RE: Countdown to Supernova LittleFox 07-05-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-20-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
I agree with you on most parts. I hope the talent pool is unbelievable. However, I don't want to see them sing jazz, R&B, etc. They are there to sing heavy rock/metal. I don't want to see jazz songs. I would like to hear a wide array of classic to modern rock/metal songs performed, though.

I'm less excited about this because it's not a pre-exising band that I have feelings about "who will fit best." We know of the members' former band styles, but not necessarily what they want to do with Supernova's sound.

I would like to see Tara return as a contestant. I think this genre would be good for her. All the other contestants I enjoyed just don't seem right for what I anticipate Supernova's style to be like.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
LAST EDITED ON 06-21-06 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

I keep reading alot of interviews with Jason Newstead and he seems more interested in using this to get publicity for his other band than for Supernova. I really wonder how serious this Supernova band will be. It might be more of a one time thing and then they break up.

I have no idea if this can be considered legit or not. But if you follow this link you can see clips of performances by people who are suppose to be the contestants for this season. I don't know if they are the real contestants for Supernova or not. But I'll post it and we wait and see how true it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjuTrDGq5eg

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-22-06, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-06 AT 01:57 AM (EST)

Yeah I read that same MTV article Loree and was blown away at how open Jason was about using CBS & Rockstar to promote his other band. Here's the link if anyone wants to take a look ...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1534239/20060613/index.jhtml?headlines=true

Seems like both Tommy & Jason want a future hip style for their music. A lead singer who is loud, aggressive, and has an edge. No Mig types will be winning this season either. Early impression is that a woman could indeed win the gig. She would have to be strong both vocally and mentally however. As much as I loved Suzie's voice, her type of boo-hoo kitty and weekly waterworks probably won't cut it with these guys.

My biggest fear is that this season will become all about the drama & self promotion of Tommy, Jason, and Gilby. Really should be about the contestants.

BTW, should have made it a little clearer that my idea of other genera's of music being used is for the elimination round only. Contestants singing songs outside of Rock/Metal 2 nights a week would send those ratings plunging to an all-time low lol Would be cool for me though but I'm not a Neilsen household

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-23-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
Good job of this site posting the contestents before the CBW Site had them up. Here they are for those who haven't seen yet:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-reveals-identities-of-its-rock-star-supernova-contestants-4195.php

The chicks....wow much hotter than last season. Also, some freaks here. And what is with a couple of the names: Storm Large and Ryan Star (he looks just like Adam Sandler).

No former contestents and more of an international flare. From the picks.....any favorites to win?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
>Good job of this site posting
>the contestents before the CBW
>Site had them up.

Thanks Wacko -- I'm not sure what's going on with CBS, I think they're in Big Brother overload or something, LOL. Apparently CBS is starting to join Fox and NBC in "network website lag."

>The chicks....wow much hotter than last
>season. Also, some freaks here. And what is
>with a couple of the names: Storm Large and
>Ryan Star (he looks just like Adam Sandler).

From what I've seen, they also appear to have more professional experience, with several of them having previously had professional recording contracts.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-06, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
Quite a few of last year's contestants also had professional contracts at one time or another. However, the eye candy factor is way up. They appear more polished, physically.

Thank you, Webby, I was starting to wonder if there would be any info on the web for this show!

06-23-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
Ya, although that doesn't explain today's weird CBS.com silence, Rock Star doesn't get the mainstream media coverage that even a summer ugly stepchild show like Big Brother gets. As for RTVW, Season 2 hasn't even started yet and I've already written more stories about Rock Star 2 than I ever did about Rock Star 1!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-06, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
uh oh. It looks like I might have crush overload this year.

nharfan 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-23-06, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nharfan Click to send private message to nharfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
I'll just tell all of you that I've seen Josh Logan play for years around NH and he is amazingly talented so I will vouch for him as being fantastic and a great addition to the Rock Star finalists.

I know everyone who has ever seen him will be cheering him on. His voice is unbelievable and his original music is beyond fantastic and easily better then some of the crap currently on the radio.

06-23-06, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
I was reading about Josh and I read this part:

At the tender age of 15, he fronted local band Gunshy, but when they disbanded he found himself, like many an aspiring rocker in trying circumstances, sleeping in his car.

So we have the "singer living in his car" storyline for MB to milk again.

nharfan 3 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-06, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nharfan Click to send private message to nharfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
I wouldn't be surprised if they milked it but it certainly won't take away from his talent.

Also on his website you can listen to 3 of his originals it's www.joshlogan.com

06-26-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
And he lives in New Hampshire, so it was real, real, cold!

06-23-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
7. "Dave Navarro"
Dave is going to be on Last Call with Carson Daly on June 28th. Hopefully he will talk about the new season of RockStar.

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-27-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Dave Navarro"
When I saw the contestants name Ryan Star, I thought it was the AI girl. Nope, it's a guy.

06-28-06, 08:51 AM (EST)
14. "Tommy Lee"
Tommy Lee was on The Jimmy Kimmel show lastnight. He was promoting the show and showing off his new lion tats. Jimmy (assuming the guys will want to pick a hot chick) asked Tommy Lee if he gets to sleep with the winner. But Tommy said he has already been read the riot act about that. He did say the guys had a little hand motion they all used when they listened to auditions that let the others know that they wanted to move on because they didn't like this contestant.

underthestarz87x 1 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-06, 03:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail underthestarz87x Click to send private message to underthestarz87x Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
Prepare yourselves... You are about to experience the great vocal and amazing talents of Mr. Phil Ritchie... Good friend, amazing person, great stage experience. Good luck buddy. As for the rest of you check Phil out on myspace as Lennex... The greatest band from MarylanD... http://www.myspace.com/lennex... Phil if u win this remember us, I've been here for you for 5 years now... i'm not gonna let you down now! I will however miss Lennex... I'm gonna cry in happiness for you winning and sadness for the abrupt halt of a great band Lennex Rocks.... ur name will forever be in my arm (LOL inside joke)

Nonexistance 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-02-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nonexistance Click to send private message to Nonexistance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
Yeah, I've been looking up all of the contestants that I can find stuff on, and Lennex's sound impresses me. I typically go for female vocalists, so it surprises me that I like his voice, but it is nice.

LittleFox 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-05-06, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LittleFox Click to send private message to LittleFox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Countdown to Supernova"
All the contestants look good! I'm soo excited for tonight!!

<>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •