The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-10-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-06 AT 12:31 PM (EST)

The 'Band' for the next Rockstar has been announced. I must say I am disappointed. Not even sure I will watch. But the new band is (from MelodicRock.com):

AND THE ROCK STAR IS...:
It has been the source of speculation for months. But finally news is about to be made official. Get ready for Rock Star: Tommy Lee.
The star drummer has been in negotiations with the show's producers for the last few weeks (you might recall my hint of March 1) to take on a star role in the revamped show format. The house band will be retained, with Tommy Lee - the Motley Crue drummer and seasoned solo artist - taking the place of Inxs searching for his next Rock Star lead vocalist. The winner will front Lee's next studio album and a tour (timing to be determined).
Rumors over who would front the show following Inxs' 2005 role have been widespread since the first season finale. After a suitable band could not be found, it was originally decided to gather a group of name musicians and search for a singer for a brand new band - until Lee stepped in that is.

An official announcement is expected within a day or two, but Lee gave this hint away as recently as yesterday in an interview with the Richmond Times-Dispatch. (thanks to Blabbermouth for the link) Lee's interview extract:
Q. Any chance of another season of "Tommy Lee Goes to College" or are your academic days over?
A. In about two days you're gonna hear a statement about something new. I'm looking at the press release right now, but I can't tell you what it is.
Q. Is it an NBC press release?
A. No, a different network.
Q. But we'll be seeing you back on TV?
A. Absolutely.
And this from one of the show's hosts, guitarist Dave Navarro: "As for Rockstar, I still am unable to comment, but the press release should be a day or two away. As soon as the line up is announced, I'll be able to answer some questions about the season and finally chime in. It will be a different show this year, but one that should certainly be entertaining to watch."
Stay tuned for that official announcement and press release.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The answer everyone has been wa... cheesybread 03-10-06 1
 RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Smurfybrown 03-11-06 2
   RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Wacko Jacko 03-14-06 4
 RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Loree 03-13-06 3
 NEW SEASON INFO>>>>>FINALLY Smurfybrown 03-16-06 5
 RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Loree 03-16-06 6
 RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Loree 03-17-06 7
 Brooke speaks... Loree 03-18-06 8
 Supergroup trigirl 03-23-06 9
 RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Loree 04-04-06 10
   RE: The answer everyone has been wa... weltek 04-13-06 14
 RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Loree 04-04-06 11
   RE: The answer everyone has been wa... dreamerbeliever 04-05-06 12
       RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Loree 04-05-06 13
           RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Betty Swoobs 04-30-06 15
               RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Loree 05-01-06 16
                   July 5th Loree 05-09-06 17
 RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Loree 06-14-06 18
   RE: The answer everyone has been wa... dreamerbeliever 06-14-06 19
       RE: The answer everyone has been wa... Loree 06-14-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-10-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-06 AT 03:21 PM (EST)

Wow, very dissapointing...

However, I will say that it would be tough to achieve the same success as INXS. Timing, confidence, solidarity, and focus made it right for them. Is there another band that could be in the same place, mentally, as INXS was, and pull this off? I don't know.

Under the circumstances this is probably the best they could do. I think it cheapens the concept with a reality tv retread like Tommy Lee. I would have loved to see STP do it. But as Tim Farris said, you have to be willing to drop your drawers on international TV. Something Tommy Lee doesn't appear shy to do...

All that being said I will definitly tune in to the first couple episodes and give it the benefit of the doubt.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Smurfybrown 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-11-06, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smurfybrown Click to send private message to Smurfybrown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
WOW another speculation on a leak......
I must say I feel it's pretty damn exciting and I am looking forward to the FINAL annoucement. I thought Tommy was scheduled on the Motley Crue tour for almost another year? Seems odd that he would even have time to devote to something like this? My predicition is he won't be involved in THIS project. Hit me with a big fat I TOLD YOU SO if I am wrong. My audition is on the 21st and I must say it would be nice if I REALLY knew who the band was.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-14-06, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
>WOW another speculation on a leak......
>
>I must say I feel it's
>pretty damn exciting and I
>am looking forward to the
>FINAL annoucement. I thought Tommy
>was scheduled on the Motley
>Crue tour for almost another
>year? Seems odd that he
>would even have time to
>devote to something like this?
>My predicition is he won't
>be involved in THIS project.
>Hit me with a big
>fat I TOLD YOU SO
>if I am wrong. My
>audition is on the 21st
>and I must say it
>would be nice if I
>REALLY knew who the band
>was.

Smurfy, you are going to be wrong. More on Melodicrock.com. If you have been following Motley Crue, the lead guitarist Mick Mars is in very bad physical shape. So the future of that band is in limbo.

But here is more........

DAVE NAVARRO CONFIRMS TOMMY LEE, HINTS AT MORE:
Rock Star presenter Dave Navarro has commented via his website on Friday's story naming Tommy Lee as the shows next star: "Looks like there has been somewhat of a "leak" regarding Rockstar this year, but don't get too comfortable, what you have heard literally isn't even the half of it... Trust me. All I will add is that the show will feature an ensemble cast. Yes, the new band will have a drummer, but that does leave plenty of slots open now doesn't it? Hmmmmmmm."
Sounds interesting. If I can gather any additional information before it is announced officially, I will pass it along...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-06, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
Mark Burnett is at the auditions in Toronto. He says it is going to be a Supergroup. He is raving that it will be made up of some very famous rock legends and we will all be excited. But who is in the band will not be announced till later this week.

They sure are taking their time announcing who is in this band. They must be having trouble getting everyone to agree. They have been saying "in a few days" for weeks now. I wish they would just announce it.

Smurfybrown 10 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smurfybrown Click to send private message to Smurfybrown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "NEW SEASON INFO>>>>>FINALLY "
According to Variety.com, MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee, along with bassist Jason Newsted (VOIVOD, ex-METALLICA) and Gilby Clarke (ex-GUNS N' ROSES), are forming a new band called SUPERNOVA and will use the "Rock Star" TV program to search for a lead singer. In addition, "Rock Star" has signed songwriter-performer Butch Walker to produce SUPERNOVA's first album, to be released just before the new band hits the road in 2007. Walker, named Rolling Stone's 2005 "hot" producer, has written or produced tracks for AVRIL LAVIGNE, PINK, BOWLING FOR SOUP and TOMMY LEE.

Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke will return as hosts. Each weekly episode, which will air on CBS-TV, will also now feature guest appearances by celebs or rockers.

"Friends of mine, like Slash, Macy Gray, Moby and Rob Zombie, will join us and throw in their two cents about who should stay and who should go," Navarro said.

Lee released his third solo album two years ago and starred in NBC's "Tommy Lee Goes to College" last year.

Newsted left METALLICA in 2003, forming the band ECHOBRAIN and performing for technothrash band VOIVOD. Clarke has worked with various artists since GN'R split, including Michael Jackson and Lenny Kravitz.

Burnett, David Goffin, Lisa Hennessy, Navarro, Lee and Carl Stubner will exec produce the second season of "Rock Star". Conrad Riggs and Eden Gaha are co-exec producers.

03-16-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
They are going a little more heavy metal this season. I still wonder if this is the entire band. Is MB holding out on us? He kept saying the combined members bring 250 million in album sales to the band. But these members do not bring that amount. Could there be a lead guitarist still to be announced? Or was MB just embellishing?

INXS have said they may appear as guest judges for this season.

03-17-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
Dave Navarro was talking on his radio show lastnight. He said as Executive Producer this year he is really trying to get Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) involved as well. Dave said getting Jason Newsted was really important to give the show credibility. He said himself and Tommy don't have the credibility because they have done reality programming before. Dave is also in charge of securing the music licenses this year. He talked about Daphna wishing she had never tried out for INXS and had waited for this band instead. Dave was asked about Jordis changing managers and he didn't know anything about it. But he did know that she didn't like the direction her other management wanted to take her. He said several rawkers from the first season are bitter about the experience. They are also considering renting an entire floor of a hotel to use for the rawkers instead of a Rock Star Mansion. It would give the participants more privacy.

03-18-06, 08:06 AM (EST)
8. "Brooke speaks..."
I don't know how much info Brooke has. But at an event the other night she said that the band for this season may not be complete yet and another person may be added to it(besides the singer, of course).

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-23-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Supergroup"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-06 AT 10:33 AM (EST)

I find the supergroup thing pretty interesting. The success of Temple of the Dog, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver have made me less sceptical. Gee...it is getting hard to find a good band that doesn't have a Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains or Soundgarden member in it. Maybe that's who's missing.

The name "Supernova" howver, is just plain dumb.

ETA: Found a cool link that lists a bunch of supergroups. Wow! Impressive list.

04-04-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
10. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
JD was at the auditions in LA the other day. He was there visiting with Dave Navarro. This was before JD got on his plane to NZ where he met Garry Gary for their media blitz they are doing right now. Then they head on to Oz.

One of the guys auditioning in LA for Supernova was the twin brother of Bucky who is on AI.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
Bucky has a twin? *shudder*

04-04-06, 02:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
Press Release Source: Microsoft Corp.

Mark Burnett Productions and MSN Renew and Enhance Interactive Relationship for Season Two of CBS' "Rock Star"
Tuesday April 4, 1:54 pm ET
MSN to provide exclusive online programming of second season of "rock star."

REDMOND, Wash., April 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- MSN today announced that it is renewing and enhancing its relationship with Mark Burnett Productions by again providing exclusive programming online for the second season of CBS' "Rock Star," the reality show that revived the fortunes of international rock band INXS. For the first time, weekly behind-the-scenes episodes containing all original footage will be streamed exclusively on the Web on MSN®.

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-05-06, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
Hmmm, wonder if this means that there will be no "house" episodes on VH1 this season? Shame because it's how we got to know the rockers personalities. While I will download and watch these episodes, I wonder if the masses will.

Any firm news or tidbits yet if any season one contestants are confirmed to tryout for season 2?

We in the Jordis camp and boards are bombarding CBS & Burnett productions to have Jordis make a special guest appearance

04-05-06, 07:41 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
It sounds like the show will air twice a week on CBS. The reality episode will only air on-line. Dave Navarro has been talking about it and he is all excited. He said last season people complained they didn't have VH1. This season the reality eps will all be on-line at MSN. They plan to make this season alot more interactive with the fans on-line. Dave is an internet junkie and wants this.

Betty Swoobs 20 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Betty%20Swoobs Click to send private message to Betty%20Swoobs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
Does anybody know when the new Rock Star series is due to air this summer? I'm looking foward to it! Thanks for any info that anyone has!

05-01-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
The last I heard it was going to debut on July 11th. Unless they have changed their mind since that was announced.

05-09-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
17. "July 5th"
They have moved up the debut of this season of RockStar. It will start on July 5th.

06-14-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
18. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
Here is an article about the US, Canada, Iceland and Australia contestants. 18 contestants and 8 are female according to this.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/aussie-rock-star-finalists/2006/06/14/1149964580248.html

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-14-06, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
Cool, thanks Loree!

Have question about this line from the article ...

Lee, Clarke and Newsted will cut the 18 hopefuls to 15 before the show goes to air in Australia and around the world in July

Does this mean it will be like other reality shows and is being filmed ahead of time, like now? I really don't think so, how could it be? Think the line was just poorly phrased but it makes me wonder.

06-14-06, 04:24 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The answer everyone has been waiting for......."
Well last season they did tape the first ep in May. They booted Dana themselves without the help of the audience voting. Then they sent the singers home and they came back in July to move into the mansion. Then we got episode 2, etc.

So whether we will ever see those 3 that get booted before we get to vote is hard to say. Maybe they will boot those 3 on the first pre-taped episode and then settle into the shows like last season with 15. Hard to say.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •