The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"INXS Greedy Guys"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-30-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"INXS Greedy Guys"
What is it with them charging to access information on there website? I used to view the website and haven't been to it in a month or so. The forum, band member bios, blogs, etc are all accessible for $25 a year. I have been to many band websites and this is the first one I have seen where you gotta pay just to see anything. INXS should just be happy that they have won some old and new fans with rockstar. $25 a year????? I aint even talking about their premium membership. This is shameful.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: INXS Greedy Guys weltek 05-31-06 1
 RE: INXS Greedy Guys Tahj 05-31-06 2
   RE: INXS Greedy Guys weltek 05-31-06 3
       RE: INXS Greedy Guys Wacko Jacko 06-01-06 4
           RE: INXS Greedy Guys weltek 06-01-06 5
 RE: INXS Greedy Guys strid333 06-03-06 6
   RE: INXS Greedy Guys Deekeryu 06-05-06 7
       RE: INXS Greedy Guys Wacko Jacko 06-05-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-31-06, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: INXS Greedy Guys"
I mostly agree with you. While I understand that they have to have extra "special" benefits to being a fan club member, I don't think limiting non-fan club members to THE most basic info is the right direction to go.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-31-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: INXS Greedy Guys"
It's called being desperate.

Moves courtesy of Syren

05-31-06, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: INXS Greedy Guys"
I don't see it as that, but rather being a bit out of touch. First, I doubt the band itself has much to do with the decision. It seems their promotions gurus are only thinking in dollars, not in fan loyalty. It may be because INXS fans tend to be 20s-40s with a credit card number in hand and are web saavy. With younger kids, they don't have as easy access to paying for things online. So I see it as taking advantage of the fan bases ability to pay for things online.

06-01-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: INXS Greedy Guys"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-06 AT 11:02 AM (EST)

Accessing info about the band should be FREE. That includes messageboards. You are right they lose touch with their fan base and come off as trying to milk every penny they can out of there fan base. I can understand the part about charging a little extra to give them goodies like dvds or back stage passes. $45 a year for the premium membership which offers the regular access plus the dvd is outrageous. Again these memberships are only for one year. The regular membership is $25 and that only last 1 year than what do they do....they say right on the site that after that year they automatically charge your credit card for a second year. Why would I pay $25 to type stuff on their messageboard. A website is supposed to be their for two reasons: to promote the band and to give fans access to band information....so the band benefits from just having the website...it does not need to bring profit because the promotion they get from having the site brings in a return.

INXS is also doing stuff like making bonus tracks available that you can only get by buying certain versions of the cds. I know iTunes had a bonus track so you got to buy the regular cd which give the fans the cool insert book and then the diehard fans feel they have to download the iTunes version to get the bonus track. INXs is trying to milk those that care about them out of as much money as you would pay....and diehards will. I would feel like I was being taken advantage of. You have to give the fans something extra for buying a membership......a CHANCE for backstage passes is not good enough....give them the darn backstage passes! Also, I once tried getting a membership to an artist to get 'great' seats to a show and you don't get great seats that way....I had thousands of people at the concert who had better seats than I. It is all a joke.

06-01-06, 11:04 AM (EST)
5. "RE: INXS Greedy Guys"
I agree. I'm a big INXS fan, but have resisted paying ANYTHING for extras because I feel most of them are rip offs. People are paying, though. I've read enough FREE INXS/JD websites to see evidence of that.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-03-06, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: INXS Greedy Guys"
Wow, you are right! They are limiting the access to too much stuff. At least I was able to see the tour dates and locations. If they were to start charging for that. . . Yeah, I don't think too many fans would be happy to pay money to see if they want to pay money for a concert, when they don't even know for sure if the concert is going to be near their homes.

It doesn't bother me to have access to exclusive stuff if you buy a certain CD. I suppose you could say that it is a reward to buying the CD rather than just downloading it illegally. But I also say that if you legally purchase the same tracks online, you should have the same access as a CD purchaser.

Three is the perfect number.

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-05-06, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: INXS Greedy Guys"
Don't they have scheduled chat sessions on their site? That would be kinda of cool.

06-05-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
8. "RE: INXS Greedy Guys"
For stuff like that sure, but they have a lot of stuff that should be for free....I did not hear about the scheduled chat sessions maybe that is true but it did not say that on the site where they detail what you get with a membership. A lot of stuff that used to be free (before RockStar INXS) is now only accessible to those paying for the membership. And special access to seats before the tickets go on sale is usaully a scam, the best seats are usually held back.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •