The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Switch is great!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Iam_Xtreme 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-28-05, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iam_Xtreme Click to send private message to Iam_Xtreme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Switch is great!"
I just listened to Switch and WOW! Most people on the boards know I was not a JD fan but I must say that the new album is awesome!

I have always been one to admidt when I am wrong and I guess this is one of those times that many of you could say " I told you so!"

I still think that JD sounds a lot like Michael but if it works for JD and INXS who am I to say it is wrong? I think that much to my surprise I will be going to see INXS with their new lead singer in concert.

For the record, I still think Marty rocks!

Signature Created By: tribephyl

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Swit... CattyChat 11-28-05 1
   RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Swit... Iam_Xtreme 11-28-05 2
 I agree! weltek 11-29-05 3
 RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Swit... trigirl 12-01-05 4
 Pretty Vegas trigirl 12-01-05 5
   RE: Pretty Vegas CattyChat 12-02-05 6
       RE: Pretty Vegas weltek 12-02-05 7
 Switchmas is the Season CattyChat 12-07-05 8
   RE: Switchmas is the Season weltek 12-07-05 9
       God's Top 10 trigirl 12-07-05 10
   RE: Switchmas is the Season triednottowatch 12-08-05 12
 #2 in Canada trigirl 12-08-05 11
   RE: #2 in Canada Loree 12-09-05 13
       RE: #2 in Canada weltek 12-12-05 14
           RE: #2 in Canada Loree 12-13-05 15
       RE: #2 in Canada Loree 12-28-05 23
 RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Swit... Loree 12-14-05 16
   RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Swit... CattyChat 12-14-05 17
       RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Swit... Loree 12-14-05 18
           Pretty Vegas Lyrics trigirl 12-19-05 19
               RE: Pretty Vegas Lyrics weltek 12-19-05 20
               RE: Gossip Loree 12-20-05 21
 requesting Pretty Vegas Loree 12-22-05 22
   RE: requesting Pretty Vegas Milan23 01-12-06 24
       RE: requesting Pretty Vegas Deekeryu 01-26-06 25
 RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Swit... foreveramber 01-29-06 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-28-05, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Switch is great!"
I agree that Switch is GREAT. I listened to it last week on the VH-1 Web site and can't wait for my CD to arrive. I don't know what song I like best, because I love almost every one of them.

I'd probably say my fave is Afterglow
God's Top 10 with Suzie is extra noteworthy, too

But overall, I love the whole thing. Of course, unlike you, Xtreme I was a J.D. fan from the beginning and as the weeks went by, I was convinced J.D. had to be the one and he was the best chance for a serious INXS comeback. I'd say Switch is the proof that I was right.

Now, I can't wait until Feb when I get to see them in concert twice -- Yippee!!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Iam_Xtreme 158 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iam_Xtreme Click to send private message to Iam_Xtreme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Switch is great!"
AfterGlow is a beautiful song and my favorite on the album. It is hard to pick just one song because they are all so good. I am still in total shock over how much I love the album when I was so against JD winning.

Guess it just goes to show that you cannot judge a book by it cover because JD blew me away on this album.

Signature Created By: tribephyl

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I agree!"
There is only one song on the album I don't lvoe: "Like it or not" (Kirk's song...and I lvoe Kirk, but...).

I was surprisingly impressed with how beautiful "God's Top Ten" sounded with Susie & JD.

I'm blown away by the album. I hope their singles find success on the charts.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-01-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Switch is great!"
I cannot get over how great the album is. I have been a huge fan, but still was a a little sceptical. Thank goodness I was wrong. JD fuh-evah! Suzie and Deanna sound awesome on it too.

BTW, 'Devil's Party' was supposedly written by JD and Andrew during the show. Was it the song at the end when Marty, Mig and JD had to work with Andrew or was it the one that JD screwed up at the studio? I can't remember this song from the show.

12-01-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Pretty Vegas"
Noticed on the liner notes that Marty and Jordis got writing creds. Will they be getting royalty cheques?

12-02-05, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pretty Vegas"
I noticed that too, T.G., and it really kind of irks me. Of course, we didn't see everything that went on with the "clinic" but it appeared Jordis didn't like J.D.'s lyrics as being "too obvious" and Marty just said, yeah, that's good, keep working on that, J.D., giving him the brush off. Does that constitute contributing to the lyrics? They gave J.D. the brush-off & were rather rude about it, they didn't like his song & now they get credit for it? Very interesting . . .

Kind Creation of ARNutz

12-02-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pretty Vegas"
Well, we'd be able to compare if we could re-watch the ep. when they presented their songs. I don't recall them having much in common, but probably enough think "lawsuit!".

12-07-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
8. "Switchmas is the Season"
I just have to reiterate how much I LOVE Switch. I can't stop listening to it. My Christmas CD's that only come out for 3 weeks a year are jealous, because Switch is consuming all of my music listening time.

Still, my fave song is Afterglow & that should be the next single to hit the airwaves, IMO.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

12-07-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Switchmas is the Season"
I know you you feel, Catty! My favorites are Devil's Party, Hot Girls, Never Let You Go, Afterglow & God's Top Ten. For some reason, I LOVE how JD's voice sounds on God's Top Ten. It's stripped of all the JD signature vocal work (which, don't get me wrong, I love), but still so compelling.

12-07-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
10. "God's Top 10"
I agree! I had to read the liner notes to make sure that it was JD. He sounds great! Even my DH loves that song.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-08-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Switchmas is the Season"
Hi, gang. Just popped back in to see what the latest scuttlebut is. I read your comments and checked the samples out on VH1.com. I agree, CattyChat, Afterglow is a great song. But my vote for the next song to hit the airwaves is Perfect Strangers. It is smooth and polished sounding.

Now I have to add something to my Christmas list!

12-08-05, 08:22 AM (EST)
11. "#2 in Canada"
From Canoe Online.

INXS's search for a new frontman on the "Rock Star" reality show has officially paid off.

The Australian rockers, now led by Nova Scotia native J.D. Fortune, had their 11th studio album, "Switch," enter the charts at No. 2 on sales of 35,000, according to data compiled by Nielsen SoundScan.

INXS were edged out by Il Divo's "Ancora," which moved up from No. 3 to the top spot with sales of 36,000.

INXS's new release, nearly eight years to the day after Michael Hutchence's suicide, was aided by a big Canadian media blitz last week. It included a barrage of interviews, a performance of the National Anthem at last Saturday's Leaf hockey game and a TV gig on MuchMoreMusic.

The band's previous album, 1997's "Elegantly Wasted," peaked at No. 14 on the charts.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: #2 in Canada"
Switch/Pretty Vegas has already gone Gold in both Australia and New Zealand. INXS was presented with their gold records when they arrived in Australia. They also gave JD a Crocodile Dundee hat. And INXS are getting a great reception in Australia. They played outdoors at their Sunrise show and they were great and the place was packed. I saw the videos and they did "Pretty Vegas" and "New Sensation". JD was looking pale and needs some of the Aussie sun. The crowd loved him because he told them a fortune teller told his mother years ago that JD was going to meet his wife in Australia. And he wondered how he was going to end up in Australia. So he has made all the females there hopeful. JD is flying his mom to Australia for Christmas.

12-12-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
14. "RE: #2 in Canada"
That's such a cute story!
I went to the Aussie show website & watched "New Sensation." A great performance!

12-13-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: #2 in Canada"
Wow, the album has already gone platinum in New Zealand. Of course their population is only about 4 million and it doesn't have to sell that many. But it is still great news.

The last couple interviews I have heard/seen from Australia it is obvious that JD has a cold. You can really hear it in his voice and he's coughing. Plus he seems a little homesick. But his mom should be there soon and he can rest up over the holidays. I would guess all that travelling and lack of sleep has finally caught up to him.

12-28-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
23. "RE: #2 in Canada"
Australian Gold Record presentation when JD cried.

12-14-05, 00:17 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Switch is great!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-05 AT 00:28 AM (EST)

I just watched a clip of an Australian interview. Tim, Kirk and JD were being interviewed. This interviewer pushed the question about why Marty and Jordis are on the CD as co-writers of Pretty Vegas (considering they dissed the song). In past interviews the band has always avoided this question and not answered it. It sounds like there are some hard feelings about this. Tim said that INXS considers JD and Andrew the writers. But Kirk says apparently Marty and Jordis "claim" they wrote a line. But Tim just grumbled about it. Then JD finally said he believed in Karma and what goes around comes around. Hmmm? Then JD commmented that it is easy to be a genius after the last card is turned. Kirk and Tim both seemed pissed off at Marty and Jordis. Very interesting.

12-14-05, 08:07 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Switch is great!"
THANKS for the post, Loree. I have been a bit miffed by the inclusion of Marty & Jordis in the creds for Pretty Vegas, becuase I was so disgusted the way they dismissed J.D. at the time he was so passionate about HIS lyrics. Especially Jordis. They even dissed it during the live show in the discussion w/Marty "claiming" it was too similar to another song & both of them just being poor sports thinking the song was lame. Now, it's a hit & they want credit?

The guys have every right to be ticked at Jordis & Marty, especially with how supportive INXS was to both of them. For them to play sour grapes is ridiculous. I'm not surprised by J.D. taking the "high road." I always thought the "bad guy" label was misplaced on him.

Marty & Jordis should be ashamed of themselves for trying to take credit for the song. I hope more info comes out on this little tidbit. Wonder which line "they wrote"?

Kind Creation of ARNutz

12-14-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Switch is great!"
After Kirk said they "claimed" they wrote a line. Tim said "or they contributed to the vibe of a line". It was pretty obvious Kirk and Tim were not happy about this. I guess since they are back home in Australia they didn't think they had to hide their feelings of disgust. And they seemed very disgusted with Marty and Jordis over this. JD was trying to lighten the mood and take the high road. I had seen Andrew upset about this question in another interview and he just said the lyrics were written by JD alone. When INXS first recorded the song and the lyrics/music were registered it only said Andrew and JD. It was after Marty started blabbing on a Chicago radio station that him and Jordis co-wrote the song that their names showed up on the CD. But it still is not listed on the official registration. To me it sounds like rather than go into a long detailed legal fight INXS decided to just go with it. But I think Marty and Jordis have really hurt themselves with this. Several JD/INXS fans that were planning to buy Marty and Jordis' new CDs are now saying they never will. Marty and Jordis may think they won this one. But I think they have hurt their futures. And it's interesting that this came out after Marty was already booked as the supporting act for the first leg of the tour. We may not see Marty on the rest of the tour. I think this also explains why we haven't heard JD mention Marty that much lately. He talks about talking with MiG, Suzie, Brandon and even Ty. But he never seems to mention Marty anymore unless he is asked specifically about him. Marty and Jordis thought "Pretty Vegas" was too obvious and dissed it completely. Now it's a hit and they want to be associated with it. I think they have shown their true selves. And I'm not sure how they can be proud of this.

12-19-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
19. "Pretty Vegas Lyrics"
This is very interesting, and could possibly explain why I read what I read in my cheesy gossip blog about JD being upset with Marty. I didn't understand it at the time.

It's a little unkind to JD, so don't yell at me, I'm only the messenger. Gossip

12-19-05, 04:02 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Pretty Vegas Lyrics"
I hope the drug part isn't true, but I don't really give a rats butt about who he's sleeping with and how. I imagine if I had fans dripping off my in every country, I'd probably be a little whorish, too.

12-20-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Gossip"
Most of the details in that gossip have already been proved lies. The dates, etc. don't match up with stuff. And Lainey's eTalk Daily has an anger with the whole Rockstar show. CTV airs eTalk and also Canadian Idol with Ben and Zack. Ben is on eTalk and Zack refused to sign JD in the past. Then Global comes along with Rockstar which has great ratings in Canada and makes Canadian Idol look silly. ET Canada is on Global and they love INXS/JD and got great ratings promoting them. eTalk Daily on CTV lost ratings and they are in competition with ET Canada. So anything eTalk can do to make Rockstar or JD look bad makes them happy.

But bad publicity is better than no publicity. And now eTalk is trying to use JD/INXS to increase their ratings. But they really have no info. So they make up the gossip.

12-22-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
22. "requesting Pretty Vegas"
There's a show in Australia called Video Hits. Often special guests are asked to do a bit of 'programming' and this weekend the Foo Fighters were in town.

Long story short...Dave Grohl requested Pretty Vegas! He likes it.

Milan23 127 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Milan23 Click to send private message to Milan23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: requesting Pretty Vegas"
That's cool, thanks for sharing that info Loree, Dave Grohl is awesome.

I've been searching for some discussion on this new cd, I got it the week after Christmas and absolutely love it. How is it doing in the US?

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: requesting Pretty Vegas"
Dave Grohl has good taste!

foreveramber 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-29-06, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foreveramber Click to send private message to foreveramber Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Wow! Boy was I wrong ---- Switch is great!"
"Switch" is everything I expected and more. Only JD could have made the songs sound sooooo sexy. Um hummmmmmmm.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •