The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"JD news"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"JD news"
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,4136,95750,00.html
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: JD news weltek 10-10-05 1
   RE: JD news CattyChat 10-10-05 2
 Canadian Radio interview Loree 10-13-05 3
 Another Canadian radio interview Loree 10-13-05 4
 RE: JD news Loree 10-13-05 5
   RE: JD news CattyChat 10-15-05 11
       RE: JD news Loree 10-15-05 12
 Interview with JD Loree 10-13-05 6
   RE: Interview with JD weltek 10-13-05 7
       RE: Interview with JD Loree 10-13-05 8
 Interview with JD and Jon Loree 10-14-05 9
 Short BBC news Loree 10-14-05 10
 Washington, DC radio interview Mond... easilydistracted 10-16-05 13
 RE: JD news rocker diva 10-16-05 14
 INXS news Loree 10-17-05 15
 JD & Tim radio interview Loree 10-17-05 16
   RE: JD & Tim radio interview easilydistracted 10-17-05 18
 RE: JD news Loree 10-17-05 17
 ET Canada Loree 10-18-05 19
 RE: JD news Loree 10-22-05 20
 Green Bay radio interview with JD a... Loree 10-22-05 21
 RE: JD news Loree 10-23-05 22
 JD/Garry Gary interview Loree 10-23-05 23
 Older JD photo Loree 10-27-05 24
 JD & fame Loree 10-30-05 25
 RE: JD news Loree 11-01-05 26
 newspaper article Loree 11-10-05 27
 Houston radio interview Loree 11-16-05 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: JD news"
Well that was disappointing.
I was expecting to read "Rocker realizes weltek his lost soul mate."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-10-05, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: JD news"
Great article. I'm biding my time until Feb 11th, when J.D. will realize C-Chat is his soulmate -- sorry, Weltek.

BTW, advance sales start this Wed, the 12th at 10 A.M. local time. Just waiting for that email . . .

Kind Creation of ARNutz

10-13-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Canadian Radio interview"
He was on CHUM 104.5 in Toronto

Said he's going to be in Toronto for Halloween, then going out to the
Maritimes.

He said he misses Canada like you wouldn't believe and no one eats in
Hollywood.

He said the band are already talking about a 2nd album and if they'll
have him, he'll be writing and playing with them for the next 20-30 years.

He said he can confirm that Marty is the supporting act, but that is
not definite for Canadian dates. Also said that he's looking forward
to playing a lot of Canadian dates as he's been bragging to the band
about Canadian crowds.

10-13-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
4. "Another Canadian radio interview"
Frank:: What’s going on?
JD:: Hey, what’s happening? How are you?

Frank:: So, you’re a Mix 99.9 listener, right?
JD:: Yes, thank you, it’s quite nice to talk to you guys.

Frank:: So, you’re the pride and joy of Nova Scotia right now!
JD:: (laughing). Yeah, I was born in Ontario, but we moved out to Nova Scotia when I was about 7 or 8 years old. I was fortunate to have a brief country life there for a while.

Frank:: So, take us back to …before the show RS:INXS. What was going on for you… how did this all come about?
JD:: Well, I was kinda down on my luck, couch hopping. I was thinking about ‘what if this audition doesn’t work out?’ I guess I was thinking about maybe going back to school, or go back to the Maritimes and get a job, and of course continue my education. It was a February morning, I stood in line waiting for the audition. I went in and had like the worst audition of my life (laughs), honest to God! I said to the producer, “have you ever had a nightmare you just couldn’t wake up from?” So I said “thank you,” and I walked out. The producers brought me back in and asked me to come back . So I’m back , I was on stage for about 30 or 45 minutes. And when I was finished there, I got the call to go to L.A.

Frank:: Have you seen the Rockstar movie?
JD:: (laughing)

Frank:: This must be really surreal and bizarre for you. I mean, the music industry hasn’t experienced this, not on this level. We’ve had Canadian Idols and American Idols and so forth, but never something like this where a huge band is suddenly naming a new singer.
JD:: Yeah, well life is all about timing. I think Pierre Trudeau once said that success comes from a preparedness of opportunity. I’ve been singing since I was 5 years old. But it is surreal because it’s worldwide. I’m from a small town in Canada, so that part is really overwhelming. At this point, you know, 7 months ago I was sleeping in a car. Now I’m fronting the biggest rockband.

Frank:: In the beginning there were lots of skeptics. If you were on other side , would you feel the same?
JD:: Oh, I’d have thought I was an #####! (laughs)

Frank:: You know I’m an INXS fan. I’ve been listening to the new stuff and I’m blown away. I don’t want to compare you to Michael Hutchence. You have your own style, your own sound. But you really fit in!
JD:: Yeah, it’s bizarre. We feel like we’ve all known each other for 10 years already. we were hanging out in the studio and drinking wine and just wondering if the show really happened, you know? Because we just all so well. And I’ll tell you that the show at Massey Hall will be off the hook!

Frank:: Before you go, I’ll ask you to introduce the new single, Pretty Vegas.
JD:: Hey, this is J.D. Fortune from INXS, thanks for listening to Mix 99.9 and thanks so much for making Pretty Vegas the number 14 song this week! (song plays)

10-13-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
5. "RE: JD news"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-05 AT 01:56 PM (EST)

Here were a couple things he said on a Vancouver radio interview:

Do you have a girlfriend? NO

Will you sleep with a groupie after the show? NO (he answered this very quickly, it has been mentioned that his new big brothers have been giving him advice about life on the road)

ETA:

He said "Hi darlin" to the female dj and she say's "I see you have the rockstar logo down already" JD then reply, "no, I had that before" (laughs)

Three songs that he co-wrote will be on the album

Talks again about the INXS album insert on his wall growing up. "Not the poster" he says. (laughs again)

The DJ commented on how PV wasn't suppose to be the first single release for the new INXS. JD say it was true and he was really suprised as well because he remembers thinking he was out of the competition after he sang it the first time because he wasn't acting like a team player.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-15-05, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: JD news"
"Will you sleep with a groupie after the show? NO (he answered this very quickly, it has been mentioned that his new big brothers have been giving him advice about life on the road)"

I'm not surprised. In the four (count 'em FOUR) of my dreams J.D. has invaved, he has been quite the gentleman: flirting like crazy, LOTS of chit-chat, hand holding, one kiss -- never inappropriate. In my dreams he is a very respectful guy, so he better continue to live up to that

Kind Creation of ARNutz

10-15-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
12. "RE: JD news"
Various past girlfriends of JD's have posted on boards. About the worst thing most of them have to say about him is that he wasn't that great a boyfriend because he was always too into his music. That seems to be his first love.

10-13-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
6. "Interview with JD"
http://www.pictouadvocate.com/

I can't wait to see this "dirty" video of Pretty
Vegas. And JD states they will be on SNL, Letterman, Regis & Kelly in November. And maybe on another show that does sound like Oprah.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Interview with JD"
What, you don't think it's Tyra? *rolls eyes*

- I tried watching Tyra's show. I really did. She's just a terrible interviewer.

10-13-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Interview with JD"
Tyra has a talk show???

This is from Billboard:

INXS' "Pretty Vegas" gives the Australian-based rock act the highest debut of its career at No. 37. It's the band's first release with new lead singer J.D. Fortune, who won the slot through the reality show "Rock Star: INXS." The group's debut album with Fortune, "Switch," is due Nov. 29 via Epic.

- Not too shabby for JD's first attempt.

10-14-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
9. "Interview with JD and Jon"
http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2005/10/14/music/12301007&sec=music

10-14-05, 04:09 PM (EST)
10. "Short BBC news"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4343018.stm

easilydistracted 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-16-05, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail easilydistracted Click to send private message to easilydistracted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Washington, DC radio interview Monday 10/17"
Hi y'all, I'm primarily a lurker so I know there are a few regulars here from the DC area. If I remember correctly an interview with JD and Tim will be aired tomorrow, Monday 10/17 at 9:20 a.m. on 107.3.

I know I remember the JD and 9:20 a.m. part correctly but I was driving and I channel surf so there's a slim chance the station might be wrong. If I can confirm the station I'll edit my post later. I won't be home to record the interview but should be able to listen and will post any new news here.

rocker diva 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-16-05, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rocker%20diva Click to send private message to rocker%20diva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: JD news"
JD is so hot! im goin to see INXS play at the opening of the hollywood virgin megastore in LA im so excited!

10-17-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
15. "INXS news"
This is from a column called Ask Billboard:

'ROCK STAR' REALITY

Keith,

I see that "The Best of INXS" recently rose to No. 1 on the Top Pop Catalog chart. Any idea as to whether the CBS reality "Rock Star: INXS" series has contributed to its ranking? The show kept referring to INXS as a rock supergroup. How has INXS done in the Nielsen SoundScan era (1991-present)?

Do you have any additional thoughts regarding whether hiring a new lead singer will help INXS achieve superstardom again?

Thanks!
Mark
Milwaukee

http://www.billboard.com/bb/ask/index.jsp

Hi Mark,

It's fairly clear that "Rock Star: INXS" had a lot to do with how well "The Best of INXS" has sold over the summer. Since the show premiered in July, the Rhino compilation has moved 100,000 units in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. So far this year, the album has moved 130,000, which is quite impressive considering that in 2004, the album sold only 61,000.

INXS has sold nearly 4 million albums in the United States since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking data in 1991. However, the band had its biggest success before 1991 with albums like "Kick," "X" and "Listen Like Thieves."

According to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), INXS has sold more than 15 million units in the United States. Between 1985 and 1993, the group racked up 13 Billboard Hot 100 hits, including the top 10s: "What You Need," "Need You Tonight," "Devil Inside," "New Sensation," "Never Tear Us Apart," "Suicide Blonde" and "Disappear."

So far, INXS' choice of a new singer -- JD Fortune -- has turned out well. The band's new single, "Pretty Vegas," is poised to enter some of Billboard's charts this week. At deadline, it was one of the top 10 selling songs at Apple's iTunes music store.

10-17-05, 12:46 PM (EST)
16. "JD & Tim radio interview"
Go to this site and click under Monday, October 17th to listen to the INXS interview

http://www.z104radio.com/index.php?nid=46

easilydistracted 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-17-05, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail easilydistracted Click to send private message to easilydistracted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: JD & Tim radio interview"
Thanks Loree! I lived up to my user id on that one! I just kept punching buttons until I landed on Z104 right before the interview started late, around 9:35.

10-17-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
17. "RE: JD news"
REVERSAL OF FORTUNE
INXS’ new lead singer J.D. Fortune went from Hogtown homeless to Hollywood in just four months.
By Michelle Bilodeau

J.D. Fortune’s luck has finally changed. Only four months ago, the 31-year-old high-school dropout had very few real job prospects. Now he’s on top of the world as the new lead singer of legendary rock group INXS. “It’s an understatement to say that this is a dream come true,” Fortune said following the finale. “INXS’s albums like Shabooh Shoobah, Listen Like Thieves and Kick were a huge musical influence on me growing up. I’d listen to their songs and wonder what it would be like to be in this band. That they’ve chosen me to be their new lead singer is just mind-blowing.”

It’s an especially sweet victory for Fortune, who was struggling to make ends meet before moving to L.A. for Rock Star: INXS. His money had run out and his music career had come to a screeching halt after attempts to secure a record deal in Toronto. He even had to borrow $20 from INXS producer/co-writer Justin Gray’s brother to make it back home to Oakville, Ont. “I think my brother is still waiting for his money,” Gray tells Weekly Scoop with a laugh.

The situation looked bleak. But like a page ripped from a Hollywood movie script, the dark-haired rocker was living the high life in a luxury L.A. mansion all summer (partying with Hollywood celebs like Matthew Perry, Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi and Quentin Tarantino) and is now poised for success with a new INXS CD, Switch, coming out on Nov. 29. The now-complete rock band is set to embark on a world tour in January and Fortune’s song “Pretty Vegas,” which he co-wrote with INXS guitarist Andrew Farris during the show, is going to be the first single released off the album.

The occasionally controversial contestant quickly became known for reworking songs to suit his rock-star style, and has admitted on the show to only having six T-shirts, including the “Go F*** Yourself” one that got past CBS censors.

Fortune initially had difficulty working within a group setting and according to the band, needed to gain some focus. “He’s gotta give up the cigarettes, his voice could use some improvement,” guitarist Tim Farris (brother to Andrew) told Scoop days before the finale. “We’re looking for someone who is going to do whatever it takes and it requires discipline.” Nevertheless, Fortune fit the bill. After he’d been named the winner, Farriss praised him by saying: “J.D., you sing with passion, you’re an amazing performer and you’re great to watch.” Fortune broke down in tears.

Though there never was a clear front runner during the show, Gray – who discovered Fortune in Toronto more than six years ago – says he knew the rocker would go all the way. “A friend working on the show came to me and asked if I knew anyone good,” Gray recalls. “I told him: ‘Not only do I know someone who’s good, but I know the guy who’s going to win.’”

Fortune credits his mom, Sandra Fortune, who has been divorced from his father Craig Bennison (an Ontario native) since he was five, and his late grandfather Ralph Fortune with inspiring his career. “They are the two biggest supporters of my music,” he told Scoop during the taping of Rock Star.

There’s no doubt Fortune has earned his time in the spotlight. As a struggling musician, “I did a lot of volunteering at the Salvation Army and stuff like that. That probably karmically helped me get here.” He also finally graduated from Grade 12 right before auditioning for Rock Star – he’d quit school to tour with a band when he was in his teens. Graduating “was one of the highlights of my life,” says Fortune.

That highlight has now been trumped. And Fortune’s fans and Canadian pals couldn’t be happier. “I’m very proud of him,” says Gray, who has sold more than 25 million albums and worked with stars like Joss Stone. “Out of the thousands of artists that I’ve worked with, there are about five that stand out for me, and J.D. is definitely one of them.”

10-18-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
19. "ET Canada"
ET Canada did a very brief interview with JD at the House of Blues Saturday night. I had heard Suzie did the interview. But they must have edited her out of it. Because you never see who was doing the interview. And I heard that Suzie and Hank Azaria were making out like crazy at the HOB. Some of the DJs were laughing at them. Anyway here is the brief interview that you can download.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8ZXKDUY2

10-22-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
20. "RE: JD news"
JD did another Canadian radio interview. One of the things he said was:

JD said he misses Canada. He is "weirded out by Hollywood. Everyone is smilin' and skinny."

JD : "Have a cookie and gather some strength".

10-22-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
21. "Green Bay radio interview with JD and Tim"
This was a cute interview because we find out more about JD and Marty escaping from the mansion. They crawled out the bathroom window and left their mics behind. It was the only place without cameras to see them.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GI98YJSD

10-23-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
22. "RE: JD news"
INXS are now home in Australia. But JD is not with them. He is heading back to Canada and probably is already in Canada at this time. He was suppose to be in Toronto around this weekend for awhile and then after that he is heading to see his family in Nova Scotia.

10-23-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
23. "JD/Garry Gary interview"
This is a radio interview where JD is asked about if there were any hook-ups in the mansion. And he responds to how Marty fans treat him.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0L8EYZ8

10-27-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
24. "Older JD photo"
This photo is from many years ago when JD was still with the band Juice. He also still has the Elvis sideburns. And he did not have all the arm tats yet.

10-30-05, 10:17 PM (EST)
25. "JD & fame"
Well JD is finding out what fame is like. He pretty much was driven out of Toronto. He was mobbed everywhere so he left early for the Maritimes. It all started at the airport. Then when he was out at a restaurant some rabid fans found him and mobbed him and he had to leave. His bodyguard has been standing outside his friends' homes when he visits them because of fans following him.

11-01-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
26. "RE: JD news"
http://www.macleans.ca/culture/music/article.jsp?content=20051107_114765_114765

11-10-05, 08:31 AM (EST)
27. "newspaper article"
Fan-tastic Fortune!
by Meghan Lynn
NEW GLASGOW: J.D. Fortune is a man of his word.
After indicating about a month ago he was planning to return to Pictou County for “a surprise visit,” he actually showed up.
Fortune, a 32-year old former resident of Saltsprings, found fame over the summer by competing and winning the CBS reality show RockStar: INXS, which was produced by Survivor’s Mark Burnett.
Through his victory, he became the new lead singer for the Australian rock band INXS, whose original singer Michael Hutchence died in 1997.
But Fortune did more than just visit the area. He also thrilled fans, friends and family with a brief impromptu performance at last Wednesday’s open mic night at Fibber’s Eatery and Pub in New Glasgow.
It wasn’t surprising he would be seen there.
Fortune had previously praised Fibber’s through the on-line diary he maintained during the filming of RockStar, calling the Pub a great blues jam bar with beautiful staff, awesome food and "always full of talent."
A Fibber’s RockStar: INXS viewing party held on the night of the show’s finale in September drew a full house of tense, emotional fans and marked the debut of the "Pretty Vegas," a colourful cocktail named after his original composition.
Prior to Fortune’s live performance last Wednesday night, rumours of his presence were flying in the area and sightings were reported at various local businesses.
But in an exclusive media call to The Pictou Advocate Wednesday afternoon, he confirmed he really was around.
“I just wanted to let you know that I’m in town, I’m planning to play a few tunes at Fibber’s tonight,” he said.
“It’s been a great time,” he said about his homecoming so far, adding he had also just had lunch at Fibber’s with friends.
His performance later that night consisted of four songs, including Roadhouse Blues, Big Legged Woman, You Can’t Always Get What You Want and of course, Pretty Vegas, the original composition that has made him famous.
Fortune wrote the song for INXS and it has since become the first single and video for the band’s upcoming album ‘Switch,’ which will be released November 29.
His unexpected performance was flanked by New Glasgow’s Rabbit Town Blues Band, consisting of Stuart Marchand and Jonathon MacDougall on guitar, Craig MacEachern on bass and Dale Wilson on drums.
Between songs, he asked the intimate, but enthusiastic crowd how their summer went, adding he had had “a great summer.”
“Every time I was on that stage, I thought of this place,” he said.
“How about this band?” he asked the crowd, which responded with a roar.
Fortune spent the majority of the night in the V.I.P. room on the Pub’s basement level. He entered and exited Fibber’s upper-level performance area quickly, amidst the cheers of adoring fans, many of whom were friends and family.
There was a significant security presence at the Pub, including two New Glasgow Police officers, rugby players and a personal agent representing Fortune.
For the most part, Mr. Fortune declined media interviews and his representative throughout the evening explained he didn’t wish to speak independently of his band and that he just wanted to relax with friends and family.
Fortune, he continued, was now part of a family-oriented band and most interviews were arranged through his agent.
He also noted Fortune had to switch hotels multiple times since his arrival because they had been “swamped.”
His friend Karen Corbin-Hughes, who had been regularly spending time with Fortune, said he had arrived earlier that week and was hoping to just relax in the wake of the media frenzy that erupted following his win.
Originally, Ms. Corbin-Hughes added, his appearance at Fibber’s was going to be kept very quiet, but by late afternoon, he had changed his mind and told his friends to start spreading the word.
“He said, ‘Karen, call your friends. I want a line down the street,’” she says with a smile.
Constable Ken MacDonald, one of the police officers working at Fibber’s during the performance, said everything went as planned security-wise because the number of people admitted to the performance was well-controlled.
“Through the people involved with the event,” he explains, “which included J.D. Fortune’s organization and the bar owner’s organization, a police presence was requested because of his level of prestige and all the media attention he’s been getting. They took a proactive approach by having us down there, just in case.”
“The reason there wasn’t a lot of people there was because it was somewhat closed to the public. Once it got filled to semi-capacity, the doorman just closed it down,” he says, adding those who were already inside weren’t aware of the line outside.
“It was very well-handled and an excellent show,” Cst. MacDonald feels.
meghan@pictouadvocate.com

11-16-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
28. "Houston radio interview"
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TK92UJET

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •