The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Answers to questions about the future"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-15-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Answers to questions about the future"
I was going to put this under the "Fitting In vs New Direction Thread" but then I saw answers to other questions we've been batting around so I decided to start a new one.

ObviouslyAbsurd in Onstage_1 asks:
I am a huge fan of the show and can't wait until the new album comes out. Can you give us an idea of when that will be?

Kirk Pengilly says:
The album will be a mixture of what we have become known for -fusion of rock and funk but also other influences and music we like listening to. And hopefully our new singer will bring some stuff as well.

Thoughtful72 in Onstage_1 asks:
It sounds as if you guys have been doing a lot of work on the new album. How much input/ influence will the chosen rocker have on the final product?

Tim Farriss says:
We have been doing a lot of work. In a way the singer will bring themselves, their voice and their own characteristics and will hopefully sound like us with a new lead singer.

INXS says:
We are hoping to bit of writing with them. We hope for them to be as involved as humanly possible in time for the record to come out.

FemaleArtist31 in Onstage_1 asks:
Kirk and Tim, I love you guys. What made you all do this form of finding a lead singer for INXS?

Tim Farriss says:
It just seemed like the most logical way to search the world and have someone else pay for it.

Joplinjoyce1 in Onstage_1 asks:
How much of your decision rests on the songs they wrote?

Kirk Pengilly says:
it is something that was a big part of how we chose the final 15. They all needed to write songs. So it does play a part definitely.

holipsych in Onstage_1 asks:
How important is audience opinion to your difficult choice?

Kirk Pengilly says:
It has been really important up till now because that is how we established the bottom three each week. We have been aware of how the public has been voting and it has been very important.

Tim Farriss says:
It has been important although nobody will actually choose our singer but us.

maxcanuck in Onstage_1 asks:
Do you already have a good idea of who will be picked?

Kirk Pengilly says:
Yes, a pretty good idea.

edrontenn in Onstage_1 asks:
Will you guys collaborate with Dave Navarro?

Kirk Pengilly says:
Not at this stage but we have asked if he would like to come play guitar on the album. We have also planned a couple of parties with him too.

SteveJL4 in Onstage_1 asks:
The LIVE BABY LIVE DVD is awesome. Has any thought been given to doing another LIVE DVD in the future?

Kirk Pengilly says:
I think so. This is a new chapter for INXS. At some point we would love to document our live performing with our new singer.

SaxSoSweet in Onstage_1 asks:
How about the house band being your opening act during the tour?

Tim Farriss says:
Sure! Why not. If it is possible we think that is a great idea too!

duran2inxs in Onstage_1 asks:
Will all of you be performing on stage next Tuesday with the winner?

Kirk Pengilly says:
You will have to wait and see!! (laughs)

http://chat.msn.com/msnlive_feature.msnw?id=artist/rockstar_inxs-sept2005

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Answers to questions about the ... LaLaLisa 09-15-05 1
   RE: Answers to questions about the ... photokitty 09-15-05 2
       RE: Answers to questions about the ... LaLaLisa 09-15-05 3
           RE: Answers to questions about the ... photokitty 09-15-05 5
               RE: Answers to questions about the ... LaLaLisa 09-15-05 6
                   RE: Answers to questions about the ... photokitty 09-15-05 7
       RE: Answers to questions about the ... Loree 09-15-05 9
 RE: Answers to questions about the ... Glow 09-15-05 4
 RE: Answers to questions about the ... Loree 09-15-05 8
   RE: Answers to questions about the ... LaLaLisa 09-15-05 10
 RE: Answers to questions about the ... Loree 09-15-05 11
   RE: Answers to questions about the ... LaLaLisa 09-15-05 12
       RE: Answers to questions about the ... photokitty 09-16-05 19
 Brooke's opinion Loree 09-16-05 13
   RE: another opinion Loree 09-16-05 14
       HouseBand Paul trigirl 09-16-05 16
 Ty and JD trigirl 09-16-05 15
   RE: Ty and JD Loree 09-16-05 17
       RE: Ty and JD LaLaLisa 09-16-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-15-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"
And from Jordis' chat:

HighbredTugBoat in Onstage_1 asks:
carl, will, and I (Mike) were wondering when you'll be back in the cities and if and when you will be playing so we can try to make a trip to see you sing?

Jordis says:
I'm not sure if I'm going to be singing out here soon. I'm going to be going back to L.A. for the finale of the show and it's too short of a time to start booking gigs. I'll probably just lay low for a bit and give myself some time to breathe.

I guess they'll all be there for the finale???

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-05 AT 02:43 PM (EST)

Oh, yes, of course, everyone will be there for the finale.
That's standard Burnett procedure.

Thanks for the chat transcripts, those were very interesting!
Where did you find them?

I like the idea of The House Band opening for INXS on tour...I wonder if they would change their name, and would they still play covers?

Oooh, hang on! There's going to be a Rock Star Tour, so The House Band would HAVE to go on that one, right? Someone has to back the singers. Maybe they won't overlap and The House Band could do both.

09-15-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"
Oops - meant to put the links

Clicked on the "chat with suzie" icon on the main page (first time i've done that. then found all the others

Tim & Kirk
http://chat.msn.com/msnlive_feature.msnw?id=artist/rockstar_inxs-sept2005

Jon & Garry
http://chat.msn.com/msnlive_feature.msnw?id=artist/rockstarinxs

Dave
http://chat.msn.com/msnlive_feature.msnw?id=artist/davenavarro_august2005

Jordis
http://chat.msn.com/msnlive_feature.msnw?id=artist/rockstar_jordis

09-15-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"
Aaaahh, yeah, I clicked on the Chat With Suzie thing, too, but got different results. I'm a Mac user, and MSN don't play dat!

So, double thanks for the transcripts. More, please? For us po' Mac users?

09-15-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"
More links? I didn't feel like all the hooha for participating in the Suzie chat. When they post the transcript, I'll link to it.

Can you follow the links I posted above or do you want the full text?

Ty
http://g.msn.com/1CHENUS/1_4817616_12?id=artist/rockstar_ty

Deanna
http://g.msn.com/1CHENUS/1_4817616_13?id=artist/rockstar_deanna

Brandon
http://g.msn.com/1CHENUS/1_4817616_15?id=artist/rockstar_brandon

Tara
http://g.msn.com/1CHENUS/1_4817616_16?id=artist/rockstar_tara

Brooke
http://g.msn.com/1CHENUS/1_4817616_09?id=artist/rockstar_brookeburke

Don't know if there are other chats for the rest of the rejected rockers, but that's what listed on that main page.
http://chat.msn.com/msnlive_feature.msnw?id=artist/rockstar

Other message threads with direct band quotes & stuff:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID88/128.shtml

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID88/168.shtml

09-15-05, 03:26 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"

As a Mac user, I can't do any MSN Chat. When I clicked on the Chat With Suzie box, I got the "Sorry" page, and when I clicked on your earlier links, I got the same page. I should have been specific. But, I'm sure others can use the links you've posted. Thanks, tho.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-15-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"
>
>I like the idea of The
>House Band opening for INXS
>on tour...I wonder if they
>would change their name, and
>would they still play covers?
>

I doubt we would ever see the House Band on tour with INXS. Paul (leader of the houseband) said how much he liked this gig because he does not want to tour anymore.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"
"will hopefully sound like us with a new lead singer"

Very interesting and informative. Thanks.

09-15-05, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"
>
>maxcanuck in Onstage_1 asks:
>Do you already have a good
>idea of who will be
>picked?
>
>Kirk Pengilly says:
>Yes, a pretty good idea.
>

If they didn't say "Yes" to this I would be surprised. How could they not know by now.

I think they will make sure to give each singer a song that will showcase their voice next week. They want everyone to look good before they leave, win or lose. I don't think they need anymore tests. They know who they want.

09-15-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"
Yeah, that really makes sense.

09-15-05, 06:58 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"
I listened to a radio interview that JD did on Sunday from the theatre in his dressing room. He was wearing Lenny Kravitz pants. Thought that was funny. JD was asked about his looks and he kept saying he's no Brad Pitt but he's an okay looking ugly guy or something like that. And
when asked how he prepares for a performance he said he has a couple beer but it was American Beer so that didn't count. He was missing his Canadian O'Keefes. He played the guitar and sang some of the new song he is working on (same one he was playing when his mom and sister drove up). But during the interview Mark Burnett came in JD's dressing room and he made the radio guy turn off his tape. But the radio guy said it was just really strange being in a room with Mark and JD. He said Mark was telling JD what a huge JD Fortune fan his son is. I guess Mark Burnett's son goes to school wearing a JD Fortune shirt and keeps asking his dad when he can get JD's CD and rings, etc. I thought it was sweet.

JD was talking about being close to Brandon and Ty of the guys that have left. Poor JD doesn't realize how Ty has been dissing him since he left the mansion. JD still thinks Ty is such a great guy.

09-15-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"
"JD was talking about being close to Brandon and Ty of the guys that have left. Poor JD doesn't realize how Ty has been dissing him since he left the mansion. JD still thinks Ty is such a great guy."

Loree you know and I know and those with discerning taste that JD would always come out on top, once all was said and done and more of the story came out. Those that could see through the smoke and mirrors as Dave Navarro aptly put it, "That is what we call the magic of editing."

The more I hear about/from Ty after his departure, the less I like him. Most have left with class, not talking sour grapes.

The more we see/hear of JD, the more we realize that he is not the devil incarnate but a smart, funny, human, shrewd, insecure, lovable guy he is.

09-16-05, 09:42 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Answers to questions about the future"

>The more I hear about/from Ty
>after his departure, the less
>I like him. Most
>have left with class, not
>talking sour grapes.

Ugh, I know. I was a fan of Ty, but when he said what he said at the end, I thought to myself, "Oh no, you did NOT just go there." In 5 seconds he undid any career advancement he may have gotten from being on this show. Disappointing.

09-16-05, 00:18 AM (EST)
13. "Brooke's opinion"
From www.#####.com, some tidbits from an interview with Brooke Burke:

REX: What has been your most memorable moment on Rock Star: INXS?
...A lot of people don’t know this. But, I have no idea whose names are on the cards for the Bottom Three. It’s really tough. I chose to do it that way. It's not easy opening that card. We’ve all grown into a family these past few months and it’s really hard to read those names. It can be really emotional.

REX: And.. Finally… Who’s gonna win the gig?

Brooke: I’d say J.D.

REX: Why Mr. Fortune?

Brooke: He’s got thang. He’s sexy and he fits the band. I don’t know if Marty needs the band to continue on his path… And, Mig is already a star. But, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mig slips in there

09-16-05, 00:21 AM (EST)
14. "RE: another opinion"
HouseBand Paul's wife is hoping for MiG. She says that Paul's early fave to win was Ty.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-16-05, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "HouseBand Paul"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 08:43 AM (EST)

MiG seems to have worked most closely with Paul...they have the keyboard connection. Wonder if Paul has been speaking positively to his wife about working with Mig.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-16-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Ty and JD"
What did Ty say about JD?

09-16-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Ty and JD"
Every interview Ty has done he has slammed JD for some reason or other. He calls him a jerk and doesn't think he has talent or deserves to win, etc. I think alot of it is jealousy. But when I really knew Ty had lost it was when he was even slamming MiG. What did MiG ever do to Ty? I think Ty is really angry he didn't win and he is looking for excuses. So he says JD didn't play fair and should have been booted instead of him. When really even if JD had been booted before Ty, I still don't think Ty would have won.

09-16-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Ty and JD"
Ty just can't let go, that's why I see him as a comic/tragic Nora Desmond type.

primadonna79 in Onstage_1 asks:
Out of the remaining singers, who do you think should win?

Ty Taylor says:
I thought it was going to be me!

It's just another reason his cry of racism sounded so hollow to me. People are racist, JD is so mean and unfair (I guess he's using secret Jedi mind control on the band) MiG has no talent....the list of his excuses goes on and on.

He should be on his hands and knees thanking INXS, MB and everyone involved for the opportunity they gave him. How many people go from a character part in a musical in Vegas to national TV, top of the line voice coach, stylist, lighting, et al?

Oh yeah, poor Ty.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •