The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Predictions Anyone?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-14-05, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Predictions Anyone?"
I realize some have posted predictions on other threads but thought I would start one just for that purpose. Here is mine:

If Mig is in the bottom three, then he will go home tonight. Sorry Mig fans, but when Dave's comments to you are wow my guitar playing on your song was great and uh, why don't you take off your shirt to get a few votes, I think you are in trouble. If he is not, then it gets tough. I think J.D. is going to win, so that means it has to be either Marty or Suzie. It is hard to send the fan favorite home (at least the U.S. fan favorite). I think they would love to have Suzie in the final for purposes of diversity. However, I think Suzie goes if Mig escapes the bottom three.

As far as who will win overall, if it wasn't obvious enough last week, it should be now. J.D. wins.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Predictions Anyone? shanana banana 09-14-05 1
   RE: Predictions Anyone? cheesybread 09-14-05 2
 RE: Predictions Anyone? weltek 09-14-05 3
 RE: Predictions Anyone? CattyChat 09-14-05 4
   RE: Predictions Anyone? CBRetriever 09-14-05 5
       RE: Predictions Anyone? CattyChat 09-14-05 6
           RE: Predictions Anyone? photokitty 09-14-05 9
 RE: Predictions Anyone? shanana banana 09-14-05 7
   RE: Predictions Anyone? weltek 09-14-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-14-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Predictions Anyone?"
Tonight will be the toughest night yet. Even tougher than next week will be, in my opinion.

Susie SHOULD go tonight. WILL Susie go tonight? My guess is no, in order to keep the diversity factor intact for the final pick, to look like they're not discriminating against a woman singer, and for the male viewers (ratings) who want to see a hot woman singer.

If MiG is in the bottom three tonight, I don't think he will get the boot after only one bottom three performance. I don't feel 100 percent about that statement, but that would be pretty unfair to do. He is also a big fan favorite and so I think he would be spared in order to get a second shot.

Marty I feel is going to be the fall guy tonight. I believe if Marty is in the bottom three, he's going to get the boot. It's a shame -- I think he could be right for INXS, but it's been hard to tell, back and forth between his grunge performances and his softer performances, but I think his fate might have been sealed with his "pushiness" at moving the band in a new direction from Sunday's episode.

JD -- he's not going anywhere, bottom three or not. Singing "Pretty Vegas" three times is pretty much a solid answer -- INXS likes him, many fans like him, he can sing their music decently, he's a very good frontman/showman (whether you like his singing or not), and "Pretty Vegas" sounds like it could be an INXS song. So I think no matter what happens tonight, barring the stars realigning and whatnot, JD is going to win.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-14-05, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Predictions Anyone?"
>Susie SHOULD go tonight. WILL
>Susie go tonight? My
>guess is no, in order
>to keep the diversity factor
>intact for the final pick,
>to look like they're not
>discriminating against a woman singer,
>and for the male viewers
>(ratings) who want to see
>a hot woman singer.
>

Don't disagree with the diversity angle at all...

...but if they wanted to keep a hot woman singer, shouldn't they have kept Deanna or even Daphna? I don't think Suzie is hot at all. She is not ugly or even unattractive, just not hot, IMHO.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-14-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Predictions Anyone?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-05 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

I predict the bottom three are Suzie, JD & Mig. Suzie goes. They can't ignore her flubs and uncomfortalbe interview.
It doesn't matter who they boot tonight-they probably have it narrowed down to two (if not already picked one). So whomever they boot tonight doesn't matter.

It DOES matter for fans and Mig has shown he has the most fans (and probably the most Aussie fans). They wouldn't alienate them by booting Mig before the final show.

Suzie's been living on borrowed time with the quality of her voice and some hair extensions. That's not enough anymore.

ETA: I've flipfloped between JD, Mig & Marty over the course of this, but I'm back to where I started in weeks 1-3: JD will win.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-14-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Predictions Anyone?"
I can't wait to see what develops tonight. I think the only safe one is J.D. & the others, it's really a carp-shoot.

I think INXS really likes Suzie's vocals & wants to keep a female in the mix, but they realize Suzie isn't a "voting fave." If Suzie wouldn't have tanked her 1st song last night, I would say she would make the final 3 for sure, but I think it will boil down to how she performs tonight versus whoever else is in the bottom 3.

I could see INXS finally cutting Marty loose for the fact he just isn't right for INXS, but Marty is also a big draw & performs much better than MiG & Suzie so for a great show next week, they SHOULD keep him.

If MiG is in the bottom 3, where he deserves to be, MiG may be the one to get the boot, because he just isn't a RockStar & I really believe INXS knew he was going to fail at Paint it Black & Kiss from a Rose. INXS is trying to show people that MiG is weak vocally & is not the front man of a rock band, he is a crooner & a theatre guy. He has as much edge as a fog bank & other than Suzie, just looks like he's trying too hard to "perform" like a front man.

Oh & another thing I noticed last night, other than INXS's standing ovations at the end of each of J.D.'s songs, I watched very, very closely the house band during all performances when the camera did shots of them. Only during J.D.'s performances, did the house band really look like they were having a heck of a GREAT time & really getting into it. They obviously feel J.D. & enjoy working with him.

Tough decision for INXS tonight. MiG better finally be in the bottom 3 & I can't wait to see which 3 songs are up for tonight & which one they give MiG.

CBRetriever 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-14-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CBRetriever Click to send private message to CBRetriever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Predictions Anyone?"
Quote: "but Marty is also a big draw & performs much better than MiG & Suzie so for a great show next week, they SHOULD keep him" I don't know if that'll impact their decision at all, since most of their viewers have so much time invested in the show that they'll watch to see the final outcome, even if it is torment. I feel the the song choice made for Marty was a setup:

"I wanna have control"

and

"What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here
I don't belong here"

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-14-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Predictions Anyone?"
Oh, I definitely agree with you, CB. I have never been a Marty fan (& I think Marty is the one INXS was referring to about not liking one of the contestants that are still in the race), but he apparently floats a lot of people's boats. Go figure.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-14-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Predictions Anyone?"

> the
>one INXS was referring to
>about not liking one of
>the contestants that are still
>in the race

What? What? When was that? What did they say? What?

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-14-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Predictions Anyone?"
jeez, this thread sure is turning into the conspiracy theory thread. INXS giving MiG and Marty "bad" songs in order to make them fail or showcase lyrics that are negative towards them?????

Somehow I just don't see INXS going quite that deep or being that mean-spirited. I think they may give the performers songs that are challenging towards areas of their vocal abilities that they want to see tested or expanded upon in order to see range, etc, but I hardly think it's a purposeful setup for failure.

And I personally don't think any of the performers "failed" last night -- I thought it was a kick-@ss show all the way around, everybody doing very well or exceptionally well. They've got a great group at the top here.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-14-05, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Predictions Anyone?"
the only reason I might say the show wasn't the best, is because I read and saw all this jabber about how the rockers made a pact that these must be their best performances, that they gave their all. Suzie messed up lyrics & missed some notes. Mig also noticably messed up some notes.

I didn't notice JD screwing up the timing on Money at the end, but I just may have been drooling.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •