The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New INXS Album - Done Deal?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-13-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New INXS Album - Done Deal?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-05 AT 11:34 AM (EST)

According to his blog, Andrew has been busy writing the new album in collaboration with other writers (details below.) And it sounds like it's already done or will be done without any input of their new singer. Am I the only one that thinks that's weird? It makes me think this competition is more publicity stunt than I had originally thought - I mean, it doesn't sound like the new singer will have much of an impact. I know they need to strike while the iron is hot and get an album out. Is two months enough time for any changes?

Andrew Farriss - 1 September 2005
There is the need to come up with the right balance between moving forward, embracing new ideas, and keeping true to what INXS has been about lyrically and musically and try to come up with something that we feel people would really get off on.
Stylistically , I've been going in all sorts of directions. At the moment I've written everything from ballads to hip-hop/reggae-hop to rock-hop to straight rock. There's some funk stuff, some INXS style riffs and lyrically I'm trying to stay true to - not only my own lyrical ideas - but my co-writers ideas as well. The songs are a combination of being about the world, some are silly, some crazy, some are sexy. I'm not sure how to describe them. But they're moving forward!

Andrew Farriss - 26 August 2005
At the moment I'm writing for an unknown gender and it's proving to be a very challenging experience but also very rewarding as I'm working wit both female and male writers. And some very clever writers. Plus I've come up with songs myself. I've become very immersed in it. I'm enjoying the-process, sometimes I feel pressure, sometimes I feel relief, but most of the time it's all good and I'm getting there somehow slowly but surely and I'm accumulate quite a lot of songs.

Andrew Farriss - 1 August 2005
When I'm not in TV world, I've been hard at work in the studio. In addition to writing on my own, I've also been co-writing with a host of amazingly talented people such as Desmond Child, Kara DioGuardi, Matthew Gerrard, Robbie Nevil, Marty Frederickson , Cathy Dennis, Jimmy Harry and Suzie Demarchi.

These collaborations have been both interesting and fulfilling on many levels. I've learned a lot from the experience. But I am conscious of the need to keep INXS's musical integrity intact and at the same time explore new ground.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New INXS Album - Done Deal? CattyChat 09-13-05 1
   RE: New INXS Album - Done Deal? LaLaLisa 09-13-05 2
       RE: New INXS Album - Done Deal? weltek 09-13-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New INXS Album - Done Deal?"
From what I understood before the show started airing, MB approached INXS with the idea of the show & got the ball rolling. INXS then began to start writing songs/music and later secured a record deal for the album after the winner is chosen. So, the show was pitched to them by Burnett & they accepted & so it began.

Andrew Farris & Michael Hutchence collaborated on most of the songs in the past & many were written by Hutchence alone (at least on the 3 albums I own). Probably a main reason INXS hasn't really tried for a comeback before, other than the loss of a dear friend, was that Hutchence was a HUGE part of the creative process, as well as his large-than-life stage presence & charisma as their front man.

So, INXS has been busy creating, but I don't think it's signed, sealed and ready for delivery yet. Case in point, the music arrangement written by Andrew (sans lyrics) that was given to the contestants for the "collaboration" clinic. Now, with J.D.'s lyrics, there is a great song.

They probably have a really good basis for the album and whoever they choose (J.D., J.D., J.D. ) will add their creative input on possibly tweaking the arrangement a bit (J.D., J.D., J.D. ) or they might have more music needing lyrics & they can collaborate with the winner (J.D., J.D., J.D. ) & of course, they need the voice for the new album (did I mention J.D., J.D., J.D. ).

So, not already done deal, but the process started after MB approached them about this show & we'll see what the finished product is after the winner is chosen (J.D., J.D., J.D. ).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-13-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New INXS Album - Done Deal?"
So tell me, who do you really want to win?

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-13-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New INXS Album - Done Deal?"
Obviously Suzie. Duh.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •