The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & Downloads"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-08-05, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & Downloads"
Last week, when Brooke mentioned the CD coming out I ran to the Web site to check it out -- what a disappointment, for my taste. The CD contains many of the real early bootees -- Wil (anyone remember him?) Dana (or her, for that matter?) Neal (Prepubescent Jagger), Heather, Daphna, Brandon. Other than 2 songs from each MiG & Jordis -- the other serious contenders for this gig, J.D., Marty, Suzy only have 1 song each -- plus a song by Ty. I guess I won't be buying this CD after all.

I have been downloading throughout the weeks compiling my faves of the series -- of course, I have everything by J.D. (except Champions). In the downloads, you hear more of the singer's vocals & less of the band, so you can really hear if they are on or not. I think J.D. sounds even better on the downloads & his vocals are great. I loved CA Dreaming, Hand/Pocket, Letter, Crazy, Sus Minds and especially, As Tears Go By (the acoustic, where you can really hear his vocals).

I was REALLY disappointed with the version of Champions by MiG. I downloaded it, thinking it was going to be great (from the way MiG talks anyway) and I thought it was horrendous. Granted Queen is tough to sing, but between his poor vocals & poor A-N-N-U-N-C-I-A-T-I-O-N, what a waste of .99.

The only other download that surprised me was Suzie's Bohemian Rhap -- I loved the live performance & did notice some of her off-key notes, but on the download, where the vocals are prominant & you hear much less of the band, orchestra, brass -- she sounded TERRIBLE. It was pretty bad.

I am so bummed that the original songs are not available to downloaded, because I want Pretty Vegas -- I can't get it out of my head. With any luck, J.D. is going to win & Pretty Vegas will be the first single off INXS' new album.

The only other bad thing about the downloads (other than the earlier weeks are shorter versions of the songs is that on some of the tracks I have to listen to Brooke's voice saying the performer's name -- what a downer. She's just on my nerve with her annunciation, as well, especially of INXSh.

This finicky feline knows what she wants!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & D... Glow 09-08-05 1
 RE: A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & D... leianawd 09-08-05 2
   RE: A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & D... Glow 09-08-05 3
 RE: A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & D... shanana banana 09-08-05 4
 RE: A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & D... Loree 09-08-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-05, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & Downloads"
Well, I think it's great that they put the early bootees' songs on there. Let's face it, we'll be hearing from the people who lasted longer. The final five (at least - I'm hoping the final seven) will have record contracts for sure.

As for Neal? He is a rock god. He has a solo album coming out and his band's album is incredible. How they haven't been signed yet, is totally beyond me. If you go to their website, and click on "music" they have a few songs that you can listen to.

BonaRoba

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-08-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & Downloads"
Guess, I'm not buying the cd either. I really only wanted it for the few performances but apparently the people I want to hear aren't on it enough. Bummer.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & Downloads"
All 15 contestants are on the CD. Maybe the few performances you want aren't on there but the "people you want to hear" must be. Good news though, you can download the performances from the site too. (All but the original songs.)

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-08-05, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & Downloads"
I don't care about the CD because I can download any of the music I want off the msn site and make my own CD of what I like and don't like.

What I'm more concerned about are the videos of each performance -- hubby and I have tried in vain to figure out a way to download/copy/etc the videos from the msn site of the performances we'd like to save for posterity, and they have them double encrypted coded or something so you cannot download the videos any which way we've tried.

I have no doubt that MB will release a DVD of the performances as well once the show is over, but like I'm hearing with the complaints of the CD above, it will be totally irritating if all the performances aren't on there. I think they should put every single performance on the DVD release but I know they won't. I have no doubt that many of the songs I loved will not be on there, including some of the earlier stuff, like Wil's "Right Here Right Now," Neal's "Fortunate Son," Heather's "Somebody To Love," along with all of the JD, Mig, Marty stuff that I have loved since the beginning and selected other performances when somebody shined out. The songs are great, but let's face it, half the fun is watching a great performance too. So all that is going to be lost and it's a damn shame.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Night @ The Mayan Theatre & Downloads"
Anyone that wants the videos or mp3s should check this site. They have the downloads for all of the RockStar performances plus some bonus ones.

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showforum=415

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •