The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-11-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
I was just getting over the Mig is a plant rumor, and beginning to feel pretty confident that J.D. would win, and then tonight's show had to air. Mark Burnett is known for his editing tricks and all indications I saw from tonight are that J.D. is the choice. This of course means that he will now not win. Can Marty really lead INXS?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed LaLaLisa 09-11-05 1
   RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed jpl68 09-11-05 4
 RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed riverrocker 09-11-05 2
   RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed LaLaLisa 09-11-05 3
 RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed CattyChat 09-12-05 5
   RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed geg6 09-12-05 6
 RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed LaLaLisa 09-12-05 7
 RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed shanana banana 09-12-05 8
   RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed CattyChat 09-12-05 9
       RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed shanana banana 09-12-05 10
           RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed LaLaLisa 09-12-05 11
               RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed shanana banana 09-12-05 13
                   RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed LaLaLisa 09-12-05 15
                       RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed shanana banana 09-12-05 17
       RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed Cathy the Canadian 09-13-05 29
 RE:JD - still in the race Loree 09-12-05 12
   RE:JD - still in the race geg6 09-12-05 14
   RE:JD - still in the race weltek 09-12-05 16
   RE:JD - still in the race jpl68 09-12-05 18
       RE:JD Naughty Boy LaLaLisa 09-12-05 19
           RE:JD Flamingo12a 09-12-05 20
               RE:JD Moother 09-12-05 22
               RE: Versatility? Marty LaLaLisa 09-13-05 23
               RE: Versatility - JD LaLaLisa 09-13-05 24
                   RE: Versatility - JD CattyChat 09-13-05 25
                   RE: Versatility - JD Flamingo12a 09-13-05 26
                       RE: Versatility - JD LaLaLisa 09-13-05 27
                       RE: Versatility - JD jpl68 09-13-05 28
           RE:JD Naughty Boy jpl68 09-12-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-11-05, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
Remember, MB edits shows AFTER they are all over and he knows how it will end, who will win. This is all still up in the air.

AND I saw this as it coming down to Marty and JD. They both get to do their original songs again - I mean, if you can't write music for them, forget it. So, I think that alone means the end for Suzie & MiG. MiG had TWO chances with an original song and didn't wow them. Actually, THREE when you count the "Stop Go" fiasco.

JD & Marty were both shown as very strong contenders. They both had questions hanging over them, but both had defenders in the group. I mean, so did MiG & Suzie but they weren't shown as strong contenders.

Have faith, dude!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-11-05, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
Yeah, I think Mig is all but out. Suzie, I just don't see it either, although, clearly if INXS wanted to go in a completely different direction she would be the choice just because she is female. It would be a whole different feel. I think Marty has problems from the standpoint of I'm not sure INXS wants to change too much. Suzie said it best in her interview when she said that she wouldn't change much because she didn't think anything was broken. Marty is conforming to what INXS wants for this show, but he is grunge/punk at heart. Also, I thought his comments about INXS being simply dance music was a bit strange as well as his commments about it being more about singles than records sales today. Anyhow, it appeared like 3 of the 5 liked J.D., one of which is Tim who I think if my memory serves me wrote the music which became Pretty Vegas? Tim seems to me also to be the leader of the group, and if so, I guess that would bode well for J.D. and Pretty Vegas being the first single. The song US did little for me, but its hard to really tell when everyone is singing it and its really the first time hearing it.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-05, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
The clips were fairly well 'edited' to make us think/hope who had the 'edge' with the band, but in reality, it's still up in the air....if it truly is a 'fair' competition. I thought it interesting that different ones of the band had their 'favs'; makes me wonder how the 'resolution' of the decision will be reached.

09-11-05, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-05 AT 10:39 PM (EST)

I think it is still fair even if they have made their decision - I mean this has been going on for several weeks. All the singers have had more than a fair shot to show their stuff.

You're right about the editing. I was curious if Suzie was really the only one who stumbled over an answer.

Yeah, and as far as the resolution - who knows? Maybe rock, paper, scissors? Arm wrestling? There are five of them - they should be able to break a tie among the last three (but I think two) singers.

added:

Saw this on INXS.com - look how they talk about Tim & Kirk:

Tim & Kirk webchat scheduled!
Wednesday 14 September will see INXS's founders, Tim Farriss and Kirk Pengilly, accept questions from the public in a two-part chat.

The session will commence with a text chat for Verizon users from 2:15pm (PST) and be followed by a half-hour webchat at MSN's Rock Star pages from 3pm (PST).

Get your questions at the ready and prepare to speak with INXS's "engine"...
http://www.inxs.com/index.php?section=news&page=home&id=514

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-12-05, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
I've always been a supporter of J.D. and now, after these last couple of weeks, I am thinking INXS is going to make the right choice & choose him.

Since EPMB began the unfair editing of J.D. as the "bad boy" to get things interesting & keep the discord brewing in the house, now we are finally seeing a much kinder edit of J.D. Now, the cameras are showing J.D. congratulating others, being supportive & being the nice guy (that I feel he is, by reading posts in other forums from people who met or knew J.D. aka Jason & have good things to say about him). I think INXS is starting to lean in his direction & MB began to clean up the image he was portraying of J.D.

I also took note that, again, the episode had the most emphasis on J.D. -- very touching in the beginning when he is visited by his mother & sis *sigh*, J.D.'s interview with INXS, seemed to go well & he is excited about his songs to perform & a shot of (Pretty Vegas, written by Farris/Fortune). Finally, while INXS was discussing the 4 options, most of what was showed was regarding J.D. This has just been the J.D. show.

I think Suzie & MiG are pretty much out of contention, for obvious reasons -- Suzie, too insecure, nervous, maybe not ready to handle things. MiG, too theatre, sugary sweet pushover, NO EDGE.

I think Marty's two issues are, one, his direction & thoughts on the kind of music he wants to peform is very different from INXS and, while confident, INXS touched on a possible control freak issue -- Marty went in there basically telling INXS he knows what they should be doing, which may offend the experienced band members & Marty admitted that he liked to be in control. We were shown those clips, so I think that is where it will end up with Marty.

I predict a final showdown J.D. v Marty, with J.D. to win.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
From your mouth to the gods ears.

I saw the ep the same way you did.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

09-12-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-05 AT 10:47 AM (EST)

JPL - Since you get bummed when they treat JD fairly, these quotes from cbs.com should make you feel better. (If you want to feel REAL good, read all their past recaps. I talk about this earlier but they are completely snarky on that web site about JD.)

"Although the crowd shouts out Marty’s name, J.D. surprisingly wins the encore."

- Surprisingly???????

"J.D. is asked if Dave can select the encore opening act, and J.D.’s cool with it...During the song, the rockers alternate the lead and harmony with each other, while INXS and Dave rock the music. J.D. follows with his encore of “Pretty Vegas,” and he performs well."

- "performs well" Wow, TWO WHOLE WORDS, one of 'em even nice about JD. That musta KILLED them to write that. The other contestants even RAVED about what he did.

" Dave reminds J.D. of his recent downward spiral, and asks how he turned it around."

- I believe they said "not at the top of his game" not downward spiral!!! Man! Now, it's true that "Suspicious Minds" was more about closing a chapter for him, than winning this thing (IMO) but he was hardly CRITICIZED for his performance! And the week before with "As Cold As Ice" well, let me quote: "Dave thinks makes him already seem a Rock Star. Andrew considers it an exciting reworking, making a classic rock song modern, while Tim thinks that J.D. understands what he's doing in this competition and admires his risk taking." I'll take his "not at the top" to others people's best most days of the week.

After Jordis is cut "They all become emotional--even J.D."

- Oh yeah, he's just the heartless slob! Did you notice that MARTY DID NOT CRY. So much for someone not crying being a sign of a stone cold heart. We all know he loved her (not sure if it was love-love, though.)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star/shows/ep09/?id=2&s=c

Anyway, don't worry about The Powers That Be going soft on JD. They realize it is all about him and always has been.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-12-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
Last night's episode was very intersting. Either it's a trick episode, designed to lead you in one direction (JD & Marty in) and go another (MiG surprise in the end), or it's easing us into their final direction for the band (JD & Marty showdown, MiG and Susie definitely out).

It could certainly go either way, depending on how MB is doing the editing. His usual style is misdirection, but I'm not sure if that's what he's doing with this show or not. It's a much faster edit than his Survivor edits, where the whole show is filmed and played out before he starts making characters of people. This time he's had to do it on the fly, week by week.

So what will it be? Misdirection with a blowout at the end or easing us into the obvious direction of last night's show? Either way, I think Susie is definitely out. The nice comment about her voice notwithstanding, I think she doesn't have a chance. It's still down to MiG, Marty and JD, with JD and Marty getting the most favorable edit overall, the negative comments about them notwithstanding.

09-12-05, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-05 AT 12:14 PM (EST)

> "Either it's a trick episode, designed to lead you in one direction" . . .

>"It could certainly go either way, depending on how MB is
doing the editing. His usual style is misdirection, but I'm not sure if that's what he's doing with this show or not."

There could be a chance I am totally off-base with this, but I don't believe MB is going in his usual misdirection style & here is why.

1. MB approached INXS to do this show to possibly boost INXS to a comeback. MB is a fellow countryman, fan, friend. For this reason, I don't think MB would want to jeopardize INXS' final choice & the overall acceptance of that choice with a "total surprise, shocker" ending.

2. This show is a totally different animal to Survivor, Apprentice, Contender. This show is focused more on the actual talent of the contestant, rather than trying to go after "personalities" that could clash. Also, the winner has yet to be "chosen" it's not a competition that has already taken place & the ending needs to be kept a surprise.

I believe this show is being taken very seriously by MB for the hopes of success for INXS & of course the hopes of more seasons (because this blows away Idol).

If MB were to make a person look really, really horrible in the hopes of "fooling" us viewers & INXS chose that person, they would risk the chance of total alienation & unacceptance & bewilderment of the new lead singer for INXS. This is another reason why I think MB has finally quit fooling around with the negative editing of J.D. & is now backpedaling & showing his good side & behavior (this is why people should not be so naive to believe little snippets in thousands of hours of tape).

I think J.D. is going to win (AND RIGHTLY SO) this thing & MB knows that the "fooled" viewers now need to see that J.D. isn't this big, bad, manipulating wolf & that he is truly an exceptional talent, passionate about wanting this dream gig & he is the right fit for INXS.

Edited to add close parenthesis.

09-12-05, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
I disagree, Cathy --- MB has already shown that he's fooling with the editing of this show -- and you've thought so yourself -- making JD the apparent "bad boy" earlier in the series and now showing "JD redeemed." Right on schedule too, I might add. Bottom line, this is still a TV show and MB still wants ratings, and he's still edited this show in classic MB fashion, with villians and redemptions and comebacks and falterings -- these last five or six singers have all had a storyline from the beginning of the show until the end. I wonder how much of it is reality versus editing, for all of them. Whether MB approached INXS or not is irrelevant -- the bottom line is still always going to be ratings, in addition to the bottom line of the purpose of the show.

Also, I don't believe for a second that the 15 best singers were chosen for this show.........if so, why Neal? Why Brandon? Why Tara? Why Deana?? Sure, all were good singers, but none of those three fit the INXS bill very, very obviously from the get-go and it is totally obvious that they wanted a variety of singers in order to make the show interesting. I am sure there were some better overlooked singers that just didn't make the final cut for one reason or another. Some of this group were part of the best, and some probably were not. Just like on American Idol.

Finally, personally, I don't think JD is necessarily the only "right" fit for this band. The only reason I said a "surprise shocker" ending regarding a pick for MiG is based totally on last night's editing. I think up until last night, MiG is still considered a front-runner by many --- your personal feelings about him regardless. I know you don't think he's right for the band, but lots of other people do. Even though I love MiG, I'm not sure if he is or not since he hasn't sung INXS yet, and that's half of what I'm basing my opinion on. JD, Marty and MiG have been obvious frontrunners throughout this entire show, even with all the silly editing tricks about looking as though JD was imploding in the middle of the series -- it was still obvious he wasn't going anywhere. Susie somehow manages to pull herself out of oblivion and into the top four as the last woman standing --- how did that happen without some favorable editing thrown her way??

At this point, I'm starting to care less who wins, because it's getting more political and contrived --- I really do think it's a shame the editing has been so manipulated throughout the series. I would have rather seen just a straight out presentation of the facts, since this is about people's careers as opposed to simply a full-out game show. I think we all would have been surprised at how differently everything looked on the flip side where all is concerned. And I also think they should haved worked the INXS material into the show way before elimination night -- it's kind of a skewed way to judge people's abilities.

09-12-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
"I would have rather seen just a straight out presentation of the facts, since this is about people's careers as opposed to simply a full-out game show."

Yeah, but would we all be chatting about this so much if it was a straight-out presentation? I wouldn't. There is a reason there's the phrase, the person people love to hate. Yes, LOVE. It's entertaining. I wouldn't care so much about JD if he wasn't under attack so much. He'd still be my favorite, but I wouldn't be so passionate about it.

MB knows exactly what's he doing. As much as I rail against, I think portraying JD as villian helped him more than it hurt him.

And as far as their careers go, they are all waaaaaaay ahead of where they were with all the exposure, coaching and training - even MiG.

By the way, am I the only one who gets annoyed that he is STILL saying how he has more to lose than anyone and this is the biggest risk he's ever taken???? What has he to lose? His part in London? As if he couldn't step back into that as a HEADLINER or any other part he wanted there or Broadway. Sheesh!

09-12-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
Oh, I agree - nobody is risking anything to be in this program -- their careers are all going to be helped rather than hindered absolutely. I have no doubt MiG could step right back into that role if he wanted to, if he loses this competition -- the show could benefit from his name recognition now all over again. Same with all of them -- they'll do fine if they have the talent and the right marketing to help them after this. And if they don't do fine, then they weren't as good as they thought they were.

Actually, Lisa, I would have rather seen non-manipulated footage. It's still the same fun footage to watch -- same comments and all, but put in the proper context would be just as interesting, I'll bet. And I'd feel better about knowing that what I'm watching is what really happened. Why make people hate or like certain people just based on editing --- we should be able to judge them fairly.

09-12-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
I hear ya. I guess people like me watching (and enjoying the sparks) is what makes MB keep doing it. Sorry you have to suffer.

But since I've started speaking of sparks, after reading this in Marty's blog:

"Jordis' presence will be really missed around this house. The dynamic is entirely changed and it always takes a day to settle into the new vibe. MiG was also bummed to see Jordis leave. Suzie was surprised and happy to be the last woman standing. J.D. has been soaking in the attention of being in the final four and hasn’t stopped talking for several hours. The rest of us can barely get a word in. I can see how excited he is to make it out of the bottom 3."

Do you the JD Redemption Story will be complemented by a Marty Thinking Sour Grapes Story? Or am I just being too juvenile? I do like Marty. I just can't resist picking on him because I think he picks on JD.

09-12-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
Well, it's not exactly suffering. LOL. It's just annoying. I don't mind this stuff on Survivor and so forth b/c they're just game shows, but since this is dealing with people's lives and careers, I just don't think it seems right.

Anyhoo, I have no doubt we'll see a version of "Is Marty Right for the Band or Is He Too Controlling" storyline continue, as well as "Can MiG Sing INXS" and/or "Is MiG Edgy Enough For Our Band" storylines as the weeks continue. Susie pretty much seemed like a dead duck to me after last night. Her editing reminded me of Jordis' editing before she got the boot.

But the big question is, will INXS have the nerve to boot the last remaining woman before they boot a guy out? Ratings-wise, I'll bet no, which would be a HUGE farce b/c it's fairly obvious Susie will not be chosen in the end. If Susie doesn't go this week, I'll definitely know they're putting ratings before who-is-right-for-the-band gibberish. But if a guy goes this week, it will be *major*, because if it's MiG, it will come on his first attempt to sing INXS (which would be pretty unfair), or it will be Marty or JD, which would be a freakishly horrible upset for one of them to go before Susie.

Wednesday night will be telling indeed.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-05, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
Exactly the point I was going to make CattyChat.

Unless Mark Burnett could care less about the success of INXS after the show, which I doubt, he's going to do what he can to make sure the public likes the winner, and don't feel dooped.

No misdirection in the editing this time. He's preparing the viewers for a Marty/J.D show down, with a J.D. win. No question.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE:JD - still in the race"
Oh I think JD is still in this race. From Spoilers I heard from the show for Tuesday night (taped yesterday) JD was the only one that got 2 standing O's from INXS. (Suzie also got one for her 2nd song). And it was said that INXS gave JD "Money" by Pink Floyd to challenge him vocally. Dave N said it is a very hard song to sing because it has the tricky 7/4 time. But after the song INXS was cheering that JD exceeded their expectations with the song. And it didn't hurt that he was throwing a bag of fake money to the crowd. He also got a sparkly megaphone this week for "Pretty Vegas". So someone must have been busy with the Bedazzler.

Also "Pretty Vegas" has now been heard on some radio stations as a "new favourite".

Dave N was on stage this week with everyone for their 1st song of 2.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE:JD - still in the race"
Love all your insider info, Loree.

From what you describe, I'm more convinced than ever that JD is going to win. He is a classic MB character, one whose image is manipulated through editing. I agree that MB has to approach this edit a bit differently due the almost real time events, but I also believe he has talked to INXS about their reactions to these singers. So, based on last night's show, the epic editing of JD, and what you are saying about the performance show, I think it's extremely likely that JD has it all sewn up.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE:JD - still in the race"
Loree, you got me all excited now. Geesh. I have to wait til tomorrow? *pout*

09-12-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
18. "RE:JD - still in the race"
Wow, I hope you and your sources are legit. By the way, for all of those, including me in posts on this board and others, who say Mig has not sung INXS, he did sing an accoustic version of "Need You Tonight" on the radio a few weeks ago with some members of INXS. You can listen to this at inxs.com. Actually, it was not terrible, but he sounded like he was trying to be sexy, instead of just being sexy. Similar to his performance in the Levi Jeans shoot. It really felt weird to just say that as a guy, but hey, that song is sexually driven and must be sung in a seductive way. Having said that, the problem with Mig, and I'm going to forego the use of the word "sexy" and substitute "cool", is that I feel like he is trying to be cool, trying to act like a rock star. J.D. on the other hand comes off naturally as cool for me. Well, wait, and I make this comment at the risk of offending a bunch of people, he has to lose the hat, which I think makes him a poster boy for a gay magazine (and I have nothing against that, but its not for me). Mig flirts with a gay poster boy image as well I think, like with his spin and exclamation "This is so much fun" during the Levi shoot. Alright, I'm sure I have unintentionally offended enough people now so I'll move from this subject. Back to J.D., the fact is he is pretty cool and it appears effortless. Ty and Mig performed great, but there was always a rehearsed feel to it, J.D.'s performances always seem to have an edge, even though he clearly uses some of his old Elvis moves on stage. Marty has stepped it up lately, but he has a bit of a theatrical look as well, ala the "Mad Conductor" as INXS has noted. I don't know, I'm basically rambling at this point. However, the beauty of all of this, is that everyting that everyone has said about MB and his editing has some merit and relevance. I can totally se MB easying up because J.D. is going to win and he has to be liked by the public and therefore MB is editing the show to increas his public appeal. On the other hand, MB is MB and I can see him simply being in it for the ratings and putting together a production filled with plot twists. So, I don't know, but can not wait until Tuesday. One other note, I wonder if on the final show if they do what Trump did (instead of saying "you're fired he said to the winner "you're hired") and call out a name, making you think that person has lost only to say "You are right for our band INXS". We will see I guess.

09-12-05, 07:25 PM (EST)
19. "RE:JD Naughty Boy"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-05 AT 07:26 PM (EST)

Speaking of the lucious JD - sorry JPL I know you're a guy and not into that way but I've been listening to "his" CD I've made over and over and over again. Even songs I didn't love at first I LOVE listening to - "Suspicious Minds," & "As Tears Go By." Man, I swear I'd love the final to be them all singing the phone book just to see what they could do with it.

ANYway, what I noticed is that at the beginning of "Pretty Vegas" when he's talking to the crowd, before he ask "have you ever wanted something?" he says audibly to the crowd "how the fvck you doin' tonight?" And during the megaphone bit he says "h@ll" He's so naughty.

Okay, I'll get a grip.

One other thing, I wonder why Marty hasn't lobbied for a chance to work on his version of the INXS track and perform that. I mean his "Trees" is going over great - I even like it (and right now I'm listening to "Hit Me One More Time") but it's not like CO-WRITING a song with INXS and performing that.

Flamingo12a 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-12-05, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flamingo12a Click to send private message to Flamingo12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE:JD "
I may be the minority here, but I cannot stand JD. I think if chosen, INXS will have nothing but problems with him. He will not want to follow what the band wants, he will want it to be all about HIM. I mean, he didnt even bother trying to learn the new song beofre going into the studio with them! He has one style, whereas Marty has proven the most versatile.
I never thought they would even pick a female lead, but had the girls on just for show. I loved Jordis, but she just fell apart, if she had been able to hang on to the intensity she showed at the start, they MIGHT have gone with her, but I doubt even that.

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-12-05, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE:JD "
I agree with you Flamingo! I would take any of the others over J.D. I can stand to hear him sing I just can't stand to watch him, and to me that is important.
I am hoping that by hyping him so much last night on VH1 show that they are trying to mis-direct and it really means he isn't at the top of the list.

09-13-05, 10:02 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Versatility? Marty"
Marty the most versatile? JD won't listen to the band? Where do you get that? I don't actually remember anyone ever calling Marty versatile or anything approaching that. For several weeks he was all grunge all the time (look through the past of these boards and you'll see lots of comments about how he should be going for a band like Nirvana, not INXS.

INXS even told him, "more singing less screaming" and as late as Week 7 "Kirk says Marty's really good, he just has to 'work out how it relates to INXS.'" Remeber, this was after they gave him the Britney song and told him to LIGHTEN UP.

How is that for lisenting to the band?

Marty certainly HAS worked out how to relate to INXS' music. (I do wonder at what cost to himself - if he's truly a screamer why not be in a band where he can do that?) There's lots of his performances that were great, but I've only really seen "screaming" and "mellower/packed intensity into a quiet voice" - not a lot of versatility there. I'm not saying he isn't great - just not versatile.

And perhaps you didn't see the clinic this week "Marty sees his session not as an interview but as an opportunity to share with INXS what he could do with the band. He sits down and promptly tells the band how he thinks they could retool for the 21st century. He sounds more like a label exec than a Rocker as he tells them that the album is dead and it's a singles market. Andrew sees this as proof of Marty's confidence... However, this then leads Andrew to wonder to what extent Marty likes to be in control..."

09-13-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Versatility - JD"
As for JD - I get that you can't stand him. Is it possible that you've bought into the editing when you say, "I think if chosen, INXS will have nothing but problems with him. He will not want to follow what the band wants, he will want it to be all about HIM" and "He has one style"?

If you look through past comments, you won't find one (I certainly couldn't) where the band chastised JD for not listening to them or following their advice. Yeah, he screwed up for the studio clinic (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he really thought he was supposed to go in cold and be told what to do) but he didn't screw up in the Jordis' "I'll change the melody" way. Be fair. That could be interpreted as Jordis' thinking, "It's all about me" and JD being lazy. I really don't think either is accurate.

Some comments as to JD's versatility:

“Hand in My Pocket” - Andrew is impressed with the way J.D. "took command," while Garry says that of all the Rockers, J.D. is the one who is "focused on the prize."

“Crazy” - Dave compliments J.D. for his "ambitious" song choice and the fact that he changes up his song selection every week.

"Cold as Ice" - It's a powerful performance, one Dave thinks makes him already seem a Rock Star. Andrew considers it an exciting reworking, making a classic rock song modern, while Tim thinks that J.D. understands what he's doing in this competition and admires his risk taking.

“Come as You Are” "Pretty Vegas" - For Dave, J.D.'s overall performance makes him feel like he was in a stadium. He says he heard the Nirvana song in a brand-new way, and he was equally impressed with J.D.'s original. Tim also likes what J.D. did with the Nirvana song.

09-13-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Versatility - JD"
You said it so well, LaLa. I get so tired of people with the "J.D. won't listen or collaborate with INXS."

J.D. over all the others has listened to every little bit of critique given him by INXS and unlike some others has not expressed attitude at anything said to him. He has also taken the most risks of all the others (with succcess) which has impressed INXS & they have commented on it numerous times.

Other than Champions, J.D. has not had one other performance criticized as poor or bad. It has basically boiled down to really good or EXCEPTIONAL.

Of all, J.D. has been the most consistent & has listened to every single little suggestion made by INXS. I won't even call it criticism, because it has usually been -- that was great, now next week, try this -- & he did it & was never, ever, ever shown on camera criticizing INXS for their comments (a la Marty, MiG, Ty, Brandon -- just to name a few). J.D. has really been one of the most respectful to INXS of all the contestants.

People don't have to like J.D., it's just not fair to make baseless judgments of CHARACTER against him. Not very nice.

Flamingo12a 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-13-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flamingo12a Click to send private message to Flamingo12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Versatility - JD"
>As for JD - I get
>that you can't stand him.
>Is it possible that you've
>bought into the editing when
>you say, "I think if
>chosen, INXS will have nothing
>but problems with him. He
>will not want to follow
>what the band wants, he
>will want it to be
>all about HIM" and "He
>has one style"?
>

No, it has nothing to do with editing, I get that MB edits things to make people look different than they really are. And you are right, he hasnt been criticized much by the band for his performances etc....When I look at JD, I see ntohing in his eyes, but coldness and calculation, no understanding, no warmth whatsoever. I realize this IS a competition, and not a find your best friend contest, but I feel nothing genuine from this person, not in his music, not in his words. His stupid "will you go with me' when he prepared to toss cake all over was all acting for TV as far as I am concerned.
I know most dont share my view of the boy, we all have our own views etc......I just dont think I will listen much to INXS anymore, if JD is the front man.

09-13-05, 12:58 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Versatility - JD"
Many do share your views, he's a love 'em or hate 'em kinda guy.

Like Tim said in a chat "The show and the singers seem to polarise people. At least we are not giving out vanilla. This is rock and roll, love it or hate it, no in-betweens."

Anyway, I won't argue with you about how you feel about him - you're right we all have our own views. I'll only argue about things like versatility so I have an excuse to go back through recaps and blogs and stuff to dig up evidence.

09-13-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Versatility - JD"
I don't find J.D. any more calculating than Marty, actually. I know this will generate hate mail because eveyone loves Marty and thinks he is such a nice guy, but I think he is game playing as well. When J.D. got Pretty Vegas, Marty's comment was was something like, "wow, I wish I could sing trees three times on national t.v.", "well done", said with a slight grin on his face. When Marty was asked something about J.D. coming into the one recording session cold and without knowing the INXS song, he was reluctant to say anything bad and commented, well, J.D. seems to know what he is doing. I think Marty may have come into this without being that calculating, but I think it is game on with him now. Mig is the only one who I think is playing no games, he is truly a nice guy, but hey, and yes this is sad, . . . nice guys never win.

09-12-05, 09:57 PM (EST)
21. "RE:JD Naughty Boy"
I think that Jordis basically wrote the lyrics to the song they did in the clinic so Marty probably doesn't feel like, or want to acknowledge, that the song is his. In watching the replay of the show again tonight, I think MB is creatively editing the program to cause misdirection. Some have suggested that he would not do that because this is important to INXS, however, if so, there is no reason to show the boys sitting around at the end giving so many props to J.D. I mean I don't determine whether I like one of the contestants based upon whether the band like them. So the editing has changed to show a different side of J.D., but the end I still found a bit weird. I mean clearly J.D. and Marty were made to look to have a bit of an advantage over Mig and Suzie.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •