The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It's getting too high school for me"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-31-05, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"It's getting too high school for me"
Ok, I know a lot of people have it in for JD, but I think he was really mistreated tonight.

He had an issue with Suzie. Which he spoke to her in private and to her face, and flat out said what his problem was.

The entire rest of the group talked about him behind his back like they were back in high school. Marty was talking about how JD was going after Suzie because she was weak?? How about staying out of it instead of ganging up on him.

At the beginning, yes, he made the comment about him knowing all the INXS songs and the others having to learn. He would've been better not to say it, but it wasn't near as harsh as the many things that have been said about him.

He was the only one who wouldn't rundown anyone to the press during that junket. And he doesn't run anyone down in his blog.

I know he has a larger than life personality, but what is that people think he's evil?

I don't know if tonight was a test. As I type that, I think they were pushing his buttons tonight as a test.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It's getting too high school fo... marival 08-31-05 1
   RE: It's getting too high school fo... LaLaLisa 08-31-05 2
       RE: It's getting too high school fo... queenbee 09-01-05 6
           RE: It's getting too high school fo... trigirl 09-01-05 8
               RE: It's getting too high school fo... queenbee 09-01-05 15
           RE: It's getting too high school fo... bystander 09-01-05 12
           RE: It's getting too high school fo... Tahj 09-01-05 17
 RE: It's getting too high school fo... nashtheslash 08-31-05 3
 RE: It's getting too high school fo... HauntedOne 08-31-05 4
 RE: It's getting too high school fo... shanana banana 09-01-05 5
   RE: It's getting too high school fo... cycles2k 09-01-05 7
   RE: It's getting too high school fo... Iam_Xtreme 09-01-05 10
 RE: It's getting too high school fo... CattyChat 09-01-05 9
   RE: It's getting too high school fo... LaLaLisa 09-01-05 11
       RE: It's getting too high school fo... bubbapao 09-01-05 13
       RE: It's getting too high school fo... geg6 09-01-05 14
       RE: It's getting too high school fo... Hoobie 09-01-05 16
       RE: It's getting too high school fo... Tahj 09-01-05 18
           RE: It's getting too high school fo... geg6 09-01-05 19
               RE: It's getting too high school fo... Tahj 09-01-05 22
       RE: It's getting too high school fo... leianawd 09-01-05 20
 RE: It's getting too high school fo... Loree 09-01-05 21
   RE: It's getting too high school fo... LaLaLisa 09-01-05 23
       RE: It's getting too high school fo... Lisa0116 09-01-05 24
   RE: It's getting too high school fo... CattyChat 09-01-05 25
       RE: It's getting too high school fo... LaLaLisa 09-02-05 27
       RE: It's getting too high school fo... Lisa0116 09-02-05 29
           RE: It's getting too high school fo... CattyChat 09-02-05 30
 RE: It's getting too high school fo... grit 09-01-05 26
 RE: It's getting too high school fo... snakedance 09-02-05 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

marival 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-31-05, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail marival Click to send private message to marival Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
I agree Lala. JD has sometimes made me cringe with what he might say next but I totally agree about how he handled Suzie and how everybody else has treated him. After last nights show I wondered the same thing about whether or not the band was pushing his buttons in hopes of getting more out of him. Wasnt it one of them who said they do that to people when they want to see how good they are?
Also, was anybody else ticked that Ty used the "my people" card? I dont think in this day and age that would be a consideration. The whole world is watching this, not just one race or another. I can think of many legendary black rockers....Jimi Hendrix is one that comes immediatly to mind.
Anyhow, I dont have a prediction for the winner but lately Im finding myself pulled towards Mig, so Im hoping he goes at least to the final 3.....Just my 2 cents, I could be wrong.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-31-05, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
"Also, was anybody else ticked that Ty used the "my people" card? I dont think in this day and age that would be a consideration."

Yes, I was ticked but I can't agree about it "this day and age." Racism is alive and well. Being white, I have no idea what it's like to live as a black man, to be made aware of my race on a daily basis.

That being said, I don't think that is the reason why he was low voted. It bugs me that he can't accept that he just didn't fit in with the band. Talk about arrogance! I guess he figures that Suzie deserved all those times?????

queenbee 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-01-05, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail queenbee Click to send private message to queenbee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
It's totally high school. But JD is a loser. And INXS has to realize what a problem he will be to work with. But with the Suzie thing, I really don't see what was so bad about her saying he was in there a long time. He WAS in there a long time! She had every right to say that. If he can't take the truth he should get out of the biz. He can't be that thin skinned.

And with the Ty thing, he's right in a way. I mean, people are about as ready to have a black lead singer for INXS as they are to have a woman in the white house. It's still a long way off. Jimi Hendrix was decades ago and he wasn't trying to be the new front man for an established white band. Neither was In Living Colour or for that matter Lenny Kravitz. So I think Ty's situation is different.

But I think the contestants are making the mistake of thinking that the viewers are voting for the best performance of the night. That show is called American Idol. Here, that is clearly not the case. We're voting for the people we think would fit into the band we already know and used to like. They're all phenomenal singers (except maybe JD) and they shouldn't take it so personally.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-01-05, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
Hey Queen Bee, I've already told you that I agree with your posts and I agree with this one too.

As I was reading this one, I was thinking that I would be more accepting of a black man, or any man leading INXS than I would a woman. And I'm a woman. Maybe that's what Ty meant about his own people.

queenbee 27 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail queenbee Click to send private message to queenbee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
Exactly, TriGirl. I feel bad about not wanting a woman to front this band. I mean, I'm for girl power and all that, but I still think it should be a guy. You're right, that's what Ty was talking about.

But Kudos to the band for saying that they are just as open to a woman lead as they are a man. If that's true, they are probably more open-minded than most of their fans!

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-01-05, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
But with the Suzie thing, I really don't see what was so bad about her saying he was in there a long time. He WAS in there a long time! She had every right to say that.

If he can't take the truth he should get out of the biz. He can't be that thin skinned.

I agree. I don't see what the big deal was. In fact, I thought by Suzie giving that response that she was actually trying to be nice. She simply said he was in there a long time. She could have been more blunt in saying that he slacked off and didn't prepare.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-01-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
But I think the contestants are making the mistake of thinking that the viewers are voting for the best performance of the night. That show is called American Idol. Here, that is clearly not the case. We're voting for the people we think would fit into the band we already know and used to like. They're all phenomenal singers (except maybe JD) and they shouldn't take it so personally.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'm willing to bet there are plenty of people watching who don't know INXS's music and are voting by popularity and performance. It's really not that different from American Idol.

Moves courtesy of Syren

nashtheslash 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-31-05, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nashtheslash Click to send private message to nashtheslash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-05 AT 11:42 PM (EST)

Let's face it - JD is a jerk and if INXS picked him I would never listen or watch them so I don't feel bad for him at all.

I can't believe Suzie took his crap - who is he to tell her what she can or can't say on the show - especially him of all people.

He can take his sunglasses and hat back to New Brunswick .... the sooner the better.

HauntedOne 244 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-05, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HauntedOne Click to send private message to HauntedOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-05 AT 11:16 PM (EST)

The only reason JD confronted Suzie is because he knew how she would react. He wanted her upset and unfocused in case she had to perform again. He said himself that he came in with a win at all costs attitude. He's creepy, he's a jerk, and he's arrogant. But, as I've said before I hope he wins. If he is picked to lead the band he will fade away into reality TV oblivion because INXS will never be anything in the states again.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-01-05, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
I think JD is a narcissistic jerk. And I've really liked his past performances (except the last couple have been "eh") and had him as a top contender to win, but his attitude and comments have been bugging me more and more each week and this one took the cake. His comments to Susie that she should have "had his back" and that what she said was totally uncalled for, etc, etc --- THIS from the guy who dissed the whole group on his first or second show by saying they didn't really know the INXS song catalog, his attempts at manipulations of song choices for other people, his sulky attitude when he didn't get his choice, etc.

JD may be a misunderstood guy, but he certainly brings most of it on himself. After tonight, I like him about 50 percent less than I did yesterday. And it didn't help that he totally sucked on his INXS song either.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
Marty Casey said that it was a tragedy for JD to ruin what was probably a highlight of one of the best nights of Suzie's life. JD was too self centered to realize that his timing was inappropriate. It was akin to telling off the bride at her wedding.

The man is a cad.

Iam_Xtreme 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-01-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Iam_Xtreme Click to send private message to Iam_Xtreme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
At first I liked JD but I have changed my opinion of him over the weeks. I think that JD is too busy trying to be a Michael clone and does not bring his own style to his singing.

He seems convinced that he is a shoe in to be selected and his over confidence and obvious inability to work well with others is going to be his demise in the end. I wish him well in all that he does but to me he is not the right fit for INXS.

Signature Created By: tribephyl

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-01-05, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
I agree LaLa. I am really getting tired of the J.D. editing. First of all, are you telling me that that houseful of different personalities for all these weeks no one else has had PMS moments, gotten a little snippy & so forth?? I find it completely implausible that J.D. is the only one who gets frustrated & pissy from time to time. In the real world there are personalities & people who just don't mesh for one reason or another. This show is about talent not about who hurt whose feelings.

Also, while I don't think Suzie wanted to hurt J.D. with her comment, if we think about what may have gone on since week 2 & J.D.'s comment that alienated him from the rest of the rockers. Wouldn't your feelings be hurt & wouldn't you be a little paranoid knowing that the people you are living with didn't really like you? That house isn't that big & I'm sure J.D. has walked up & heard the hens clucking about how they can't stand J.D. behind his back.

Suzie said during the "forum" that she & J.D. worked things out, but the editing didn't show us their continued talking it out. If J.D. felt Suzie had his back only to hear her (unintentionally) kick him while he was down, in front of INXS & live audience & TV, sure his feelings are going to be hurt. At least he went to her to vent, rather than just say things behind her back. Once they two of them chilled for a bit, I'm sure they talked it out & J.D. realized that Suzie just spoke without thinking of how he would feel, just like J.D. stuck his foot in his mouth in week 2, not realizing how the other contestants would feel.

In any event, I am tired of the J.D. editing. In my eyes, they are only showing a minuscule portion of what has been going on & any human being has happy moments, sad moments, annoyed moments. I have not heard J.D. say anything bad about any of his competitors so I don't buy it that J.D. is this evil, bad, mean person who has it out for anyone else. He is concentrating on trying to win, not on how to make the others look bad.

I have to give J.D. credit for holding it together as well as he has been, being the outcast & in the last few weeks now seeing clips of MB's editing portraying him in a bad light. I do, however, notice that it is really affecting him in the house (not rehearsing with the "in-crowd") & starting to show a little in his performances on stage.

"Here, J.D., watch this clip that makes you look like a miserable drunk who doesn't want to play with the others & rehearse. O.K.? Now, listen to us talk about how no one likes you & wants to see you fail. You got it? Now, listen to Brooke reiterate that you are a bad bad boy. Now, J.D., you may go on stage & perform. What, J.D.? You are getting paranoid that you are being set up to fail & your feelings are getting trampled on?" Hmmm, go figure?

09-01-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
11. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
Thank you! I just get so worked up about the double standard that it sounds like is being used for JD vs the rest of the group.

All these people that say they hate JD and what a cad he is - what exactly are his crimes and please compare them to the others? I get that you don't like the guy, but to say he's slimy and despicable with no real basis - I don't get that.

The difference between his comments on week two - a general comment about a bunch of people who he barely knew and with whom is competing. He has said he's realized he was the only one with the competitive attitude and has changed, only to find the others getting more and more cut throat. He and Suzie have grown to be friends - to be singled out by her the one person he thought he could trust among all these people who talk about him - yeah, I can see why he would be mad.

He has:
-Helped Suzie with her arrangement
-Refused to talk bad about anyone else on the press junket
-Written only COMPLIMENTARY things in his blog
-Defended his song in the clinic, which as it turns out, he was right. If it was Jordis/Marty/MiG doing that, you'd say that's artistic integrity, standing up for what you believe in.
-Talked to people directly when he has a problem
-Stays to himself - can you blame him? Even if it weren't for all the people talking about him behind his back, it IS emotionally hard on them all, getting so entangled. Can you really blame him for holding back?
-Last night's show (after Dave gave everyone else a chance to speak, and please explain to me my we should care about Marty's & Ty's opinion about what a conversation between JD & Suzie) he had more class than Marty & Ty and refused to say anything about them. He could've said, "I wish the conversation had remained private." or "I wish they would talk to me directly when they have a problem, instead of here in front of millions of people." But he just said, "I'm here to sing."

Others behaviour:
-Remember Suzie's comment week one to Marty about his voice sounding like he was hoarse?
-MiG (and the others) talking bad about him to the press
-Jordis has written bad things about him in her blog.
-The writing clinic: Marty SENT HIM OFF alone to write a song and then didn't want to use it all. Sure sounds like a ploy just to get rid of him. Would you call Marty manipulative?
-And most importantly, they seem to gang up together, discussing him and talking ##### about him. Suzie is a big girl - or should be. What does she do? She goes crying to the group, damsel in distress. Did anyone give a ##### that JD's feelings were really hurt by what they said on NATIONAL TV?????

It certainly seems to me that every facial expression of JD's is interpreted with the worst intent but the others can do anything they want and not catch any flack for it.

bubbapao 29 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbapao Click to send private message to bubbapao Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
Totally agree!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
Word, sistahs!!!!

The only really bad behavior I have seen has been directed AT JD, not by JD. I was outraged by what Dave did in giving everyone a chance to bash JD on national TV (we won't even talk about their constant bashing behind his back). I thought he acted with a ton of class. I now want him to win more than ever after that.

What a bunch of passive aggressive fvcktards.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
You have hit the nail right on the head. Great post!! I couldn't agree more.

It saddens me to hear comments that "if JD wins, I'll never listen to INXS", that is high school. I don't like MiG, and hope he doesn't win...but I still really enjoy INXS and wish them well.

JD is really getting a bum rap, and I am not at all surprised by his underwhelming performance, but he still is head-and-shoulders above the rest, including "Sister Jordis" who can do no wrong.

09-01-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
In my opinion, everything JD has done is ALL pure manipulation. I don't trust him and I don't think he's sincere. He is working everybody. It seems to me that he's said as much a couple of times. I remember one comment specifically where he said he was trying to kill them with kindness.

Many of the people in the house are uncomfortable with him for a reason.

Moves courtesy of Syren

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
Because they're a bunch of passive aggressive fvcktards.

Just because he does not and never has wanted to play kumbaya with them does not make him a bad person. He's the only one of the bunch who has been up front about what he is there for and how he is going to go about achieving that makes him manipulative? Pahleeze! It just makes him real. If you don't like his singing or arranging, fine. Don't vote for him. But to make this into some sort of personality contest is ridiculous.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

09-01-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
22. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
Just because he does not and never has wanted to play kumbaya with them does not make him a bad person.

Oh, but he has....until he could really no longer get away with it. That little tatoo parade with MIG....Human Being.....Being Human...no you Pahleeze missy. There are other examples. The people in the house see him for who he really is, whether they are passive aggressive or not.

And I've said in the past that JD has talent as a singer, arranger, and writer. I've never questioned that. But this also has to be a personality contest. INXS also has to live with him, and for that reason, if they chose him, they will regret it. He will eventually posture himself as bigger and better than the band itself, just like he already thinks he's bigger and better than everyone in the house.

Moves courtesy of Syren

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-01-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! I am a big J.D. fan, he has a unique voice, talent in arranging and writing songs, he's intense, great stage presence, and I would pay money to see his performance and definately buy any cds he came out with. Yes, J.D. does set himself apart from the others but in competitions like this you sometimes have to just to get noticed and remembered, plus isn't being a rockstar about saying screw conformity? I too felt that J.D. was pretty much being picked apart last night and I too said to myself why do these people care about what him and Suzie were talking about. Plus, I don't know if it was editing but the way it was shown they were already talking about J.D. before Suzie even came over and started her whinning. If I was J.D. I would have felt betrayed by Suzie as well. Out of everyone in the house J.D. seemed to connect to Suzie and helped make her performances much better even though it could have hurt him and she turns around and pinpoints out the fact that he took a long time in the studio and when she was at the studio she even made comments on how he should have learned the song and so on. Honestly, J.D. should have learned the song and I don't blame Suzie for thinking that way but as a friend she should have gone to him and said that. J.D. hasn't been as bad to people like most make him out to be. I haven't noticed him talking about others behind their backs, what I have seen is the others talking smack and excluding him (like the songwriting clinic Jordis' song was weak in words and sound and J.D.'s was awesome yet they wouldn't even meet half way with him). All I can say is go J.D. and I hope he doesn't make it into INXS because I want to see him make a cd and start something on his own that way there would be no one to stifle his creativity.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
People that were at the live taping said that there was quite a bit of time spent talking to the Rockers in the Rocker's Box about this incident. The audience and Rockers were shown the clip which started with "JD confronts Suzie". Right away JD tapped Suzie on the shoulder and said that she had been the one to confront him, not him confronting Suzie. Suzie agreed and had this WTF look on her face. Marty then said that was true. Suzie had wanted to confront JD because she knew he was upset by what she had said. So she asked Marty to leave so she could talk to JD alone. So right away JD wasn't trying to ruin Suzie's night. He wasn't even saying anything till she went to him. Then they had their talk and JD told Suzie why he was upset and felt betrayed. And Suzie admitted to the audience that she had felt insecure about her performance at the studio and she maybe jumped on JD taking a long time to make herself feel better. JD told Suzie he was still hurt and wanted to be alone. So then Suzie went back and cried to everyone else that JD was being mean. Now this was all done on a night when they were all drinking heavily and emotions were running high. So everyone was trying to cheer Suzie up and they all said some nasty things about JD behind his back. JD and Suzie did talk after and they are no longer upset or angry at each other and everything is fine. All the Rockers were feeling rather embarressed by this being shown. None of them looked too good. But they are all creative and emotional people living together. They are going to have their disagreements. It is just we only see what MB wants us to. And he loves to show us JD being the Bad Boy.

09-01-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
23. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
Wow, that's really interesting - I hope it is true or at least pretty accurate. It actually makes me feel a little better about Suzie - hate the crying to other people thing, but the fact that she went to JD took guts and that she owned up to her own insecurities.

Lord knows I don't want to be judged for my behaviour when I'm feeling threatened. I mean, who hasn't been petty or mean or whiny or whatever.

I think all the stuff they say on stage though, is fair game. They showed their character under stress.

I keep thinking how I couldn't believe Dave setting them up to smash him like that. I keep thinking it must have been a test of JD to see how he'd respond when provoked.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
I think JD is a jerk. He started the show as a jerk, dissed everyone the second or third show, and then has the balls to get his feelings hurt because he wasn't prepared and got called on it. Heck, the first night he performed, I thought he was having a gang sign waving seizure on stage-he looked like a palsied freak! He even scared INXS and they told him to tone it down. Then he says how everyone else doesn't love INXS like he does, but god forbid that someone should point out if he screws up. If he's gonna dish it out, he better be able to take it.

09-01-05, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
Nice bit of info, Loree. Another example that there's a heck of a lot more to the story, compared to what we are shown on t.v. I just want to say this, how can anyone judge a person's "character" if you do not know the person? It's just wrong. None of us have enough information to pass judgment.

Anyway, just to add to what I posted above. It seems to me that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel to try to come up with anything, as pathetic as it may be, to make J.D. out to be the villian. Again, I will note that J.D. has never been on camera or on his blog taking potshots at any other contestant (unlike others). He is being bashed for no good reason, IMHO. And he is taking it pretty darn well & conducting himself with class, rather than lashing out, so far.

Another thing I wanted to note, for those of you that think he is this egomaniacal, difficult person. I have also not heard the house band say ONE BAD thing about J.D.

Don't you think that if J.D. is such an a$$ & couldn't "collaborate" with others & had this super ego, the house band would put him in his place or have something to say about it? And don't you think it would be right there on TV for all of us to see what a jerk J.D. is? Hmm, something to think about.

From what I see, it seems J.D. is working well with the house band. Heck, if this show is really fixed & MiG is the winner, I hope the house band & J.D. get together. I'll be the first one to buy their album & go to their concert.

Judge not, lest ye be judged

09-02-05, 09:45 AM (EST)
27. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
"I just want to say this, how can anyone judge a person's "character" if you do not know the person? It's just wrong. None of us have enough information to pass judgment."

I think we are on the same page - maybe I didn't explain what I meant well.

You're right that we don't know these people, but I do believe you can judge a person's character by their actions. I don't think it's fair to judge harshly by the actions in the house because 1) we don't see the whole story and 2) this is their so-called private time. No one can be at their best all of the time and under stress, emotions, insecurity we all behave badly. There is no one in the world who can stand up to that kind of scrutiny. Of course, everyone has their opinions, I don't think it's fair (or productive or good conversation or interesting) to name call and bash a person.

However, I do think that we can judge their behaviour in public - stage, blogs, interviws. This is what they are putting out there for public consumption. So, the way Marty & Ty chose to criticize JD when they had a chance - that demonstrates their character. The way Suzie made sure to let everyone know they worked it out and acknowledged her own actions - that demonstrates her character.

Now, I believe many of them have also defended JD at times. No one here is a pure villian or a pure nice guy. That's what gets me really crazy - how many of them are saying how nice Marty & MiG are. They're nice and they're petty. They're both not one or the other. MiG in 8/31 blog first talks about defending JD because he thought JD was getting pushed up against the wall and then slams his performance (everyone but JD was flawless according to MiG.) So even Mr. Nice Guy has his moments.

So, let's get back to what we really know and enjoy - dissecting, praising, shredding their singing, looks, style, voice, and how their mama dresses them funny.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
>>Another thing I wanted to note,
>for those of you that
>think he is this egomaniacal,
>difficult person. I have
>also not heard the house
>band say ONE BAD thing
>about J.D.

>
>Don't you think that if J.D.
>is such an a$$ &
>couldn't "collaborate" with others &
>had this super ego, the
>house band would put him
>in his place or have
>something to say about it?
> And don't you think
>it would be right there
>on TV for all of
>us to see what a
>jerk J.D. is? Hmm,
>something to think about.
>

I have-I have a e-mail about it. Just because the band has more class than to diss him in public, doesn't mean they like him......

09-02-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
30. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
>I have-I have a e-mail about
>it. Just because the
>band has more class than
>to diss him in public,
>doesn't mean they like him......

I've thought about that, but the house band has been on camera criticizing almost all of the other singers regarding their practice sessions or certain singers not taking the advice of the voice coach & INXS, etc. If the band was having a problem working with J.D., we would be seeing it on TV and, as I said, it appears that J.D. has a good rapport with the band, collaborating with them. He re-arranges his music the most & would therefore have to discuss these things with the band & the band would be giving feed back & suggestions. Obviously, they don't have a problem with him or we would be seeing it in order to try to prove to the public that J.D. is a villian.

The only comment shown by the band, to date, regarding J.D. was during the tragic "We are the Champions" week and the comment was made that the problem with J.D. was that J.D. doesn't THINK he can sing it. Which, IMO, was commenting on J.D.'s trepidation & being intimidated by the song & his nerves were getting the better of him.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-01-05, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
When I feel like watching manipulated drama, I'll turn on Survivor.

I just want to see INXS pick a new lead singer.

Mark Burnett should remember that next time he's in the editing room.

Sheesh.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

snakedance 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-02-05, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snakedance Click to send private message to snakedance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: It's getting too high school for me"
New REX GOUDIE message board

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Goudie_Gab

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •