The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Suzie"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-24-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Suzie"
She has had some amazing performances and has been praised by the band. Why doesn't the audience like her? I love her...think she is the best woman by far (I have never been on the Jordis bandwagon). Last night she even loosened up her stage personna a really moved. Go Suzie!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Suzie weltek 08-24-05 1
 RE: Suzie LaLaLisa 08-24-05 2
 RE: Suzie me144 08-24-05 3
   RE: Suzie AndrewTN 08-24-05 4
       RE: Suzie fedcamper 09-01-05 30
   RE: Suzie Loree 08-24-05 5
       RE: Suzie photokitty 08-24-05 6
           RE: Suzie seahorse 08-24-05 7
               RE: Suzie seahorse 08-24-05 8
                   RE: Suzie CBRetriever 08-25-05 9
                       RE: Suzie geg6 08-25-05 10
                           RE: Suzie Wacko Jacko 08-25-05 11
                               RE: Suzie jetgirl 08-25-05 12
                                   RE: Suzie Lisa0116 08-25-05 13
                                       RE: Suzie bubbapao 08-26-05 14
 RE: Suzie Shypappy 08-28-05 15
 RE: Suzie - too arrogant LaLaLisa 08-29-05 16
   RE: Suzie - too arrogant leianawd 08-29-05 17
       RE: Suzie - too arrogant Shypappy 08-29-05 18
   RE: Suzie - too arrogant weltek 08-29-05 19
       RE: Suzie - too arrogant Loree 08-30-05 20
           RE: Suzie - too arrogant Bravegirl 08-30-05 21
               RE: Suzie - too arrogant funkalicious 08-30-05 22
 RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show) cycles2k 08-30-05 23
   RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show) Iam_Xtreme 08-31-05 24
   RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show) LaLaLisa 08-31-05 25
       RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show) youngatheart 08-31-05 26
           RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show) Jay1205 08-31-05 28
           RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show) Tahj 08-31-05 29
 RE: Suzie trigirl 08-31-05 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Suzie"
She started off very weak in this competition. She has improved, though, every week. She's finally getting more comfortable on the stage (huge kudos for the stage dive).

However, I don't like her for the following reasons:
1) I think her voice sounds country.
2) I don't like her look...her styling usually seems either dated or like she doesn't care.
3) She lacks passion, IMHO. I'll add charisma to that also (riding the poor suzie bandwagon does NOT constitute charisma in my book). At least she's gaining confidence, which she has been sorely lacking in.

I think Suzie needs to find herself & not try to fit into someone else's plan for her. When she does that, I think she'll be a star.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-24-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Suzie"
Why doesn't the audience like her? She's fine in my opinion, but I never felt strongly enough about her to actually vote. She doesn't generate enough interest. Some times she's sung really well, but she's never blown me away or a week when she was great, someone else was spectacular.

I'm a blond chick and even I had a hard time keeping her, Deanna & Jessica straight. It doesn't help that they would change their looks from week to week. So, with three similar chicks the "hot for a blond chick" vote got split. Jessica got the cute girl vote. Deanna got the sultry, low voice vote. Suzie doesn't play super sexy (like Jessica & Deanna have) but hse also didn't go the other way like Jordis and eschew selling sex. She seems to still be searching for her look/style/stage persona.

Look at JD & Marty (and MiG to a lesser extent.) Week to week, they present a consistent image - you know who they are by looking at them. Easy to identify and identify with.

I do like Suzie, but I'm answering why I think people don't vote for her.

me144 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-05, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail me144 Click to send private message to me144 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Suzie"
Suzie has a great voice and her performances have improved, but she doesn't have "it" - charisma, star quality.

AndrewTN 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-24-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AndrewTN Click to send private message to AndrewTN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Suzie"
>Suzie has a great voice and
>her performances have improved, but
>she doesn't have "it" -
>charisma, star quality.

Agree 100%. In fact to me she gives the impression of being just a soccer mom type following a dream. It's just not there for her. For a female to front a band like INXS they will need to ooze sex appeal and charisma to grab your attention...this she does not have and sadly there is no way to improve on that area.

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-01-05, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fedcamper Click to send private message to fedcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Suzie"
>>Suzie has a great voice and
>>her performances have improved, but
>>she doesn't have "it" -
>>charisma, star quality.
>
>
>Agree 100%. In fact to me
>she gives the impression of
>being just a soccer mom
>type following a dream. It's
>just not there for her.
>For a female to front
>a band like INXS they
>will need to ooze sex
>appeal and charisma to grab
>your attention...this she does not
>have and sadly there is
>no way to improve on

OMG!! I can't believe someone said exactly what I said about her at home! We call her "Suzie Homemaker" because she looks like someone's pretty, middle class mom dressed up as a rock star for Halloween! Her face is very pretty, but too white bread to be interesting, and her outfits look like costumes put together by someone who once saw a picture of a rock band. And her voice is very good, but it's true she just lacks the stage presence to carry this off. I like her- what's not to like?- but if she wins, I'll be going "WHY?"
>that area.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Suzie"
I think you've summed it up me144. She is lacking that watchability factor. I think she has the best voice for INXS if they were going to pick a female. But she is lacking a confidence and falls back on the "please feel sorry for me" thing. That isn't attractive. Her voice and stage presence has improved since this started. But I don't know if she could ever reach that point that she would garner enough votes to stay till the end.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Suzie"
Hmm. Both Loree and me144 have helped me remember something--it's not just about vocals.

Suzie has the strong vocals. But why doesn't she have confidence to match? And yeah, she's not oozing sex appeal. It's like she's afraid to, or something. Her attempts at it are tepid, NOT hot. That must be what keeps the votes away from her, because she can definitely sing.

She needs to be a strong, sexy, confident Broad to front INXS, or any rock band, for that matter.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Suzie"
Unfortunately, I think it is doubtful that any woman will ever be selected to sing lead in this band.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Suzie"
She did get to sing the encore though.

CBRetriever 24 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CBRetriever Click to send private message to CBRetriever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Suzie"
Actually, I think her voice is much more in the range of Michael Hutchence's than MiG's is. He seems to not be able to hit the really low, growly notes like she can.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Suzie"
Have to agree with you there. I don't get the whole MiG thing. I find him to be the polar opposite of Michael Hutchence in every way. I will scratch INXS off my favorite bands list if they pick him. And that will kill me because I have an autographed "Kick" album cover in my office.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-25-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Suzie"
I won't vote for her because no matter how hard she tries she is not good for the new lead singer of INXs. I established that really early in the process. I don't vote who is the best that week but who is the best fit for INXs. She is not a good fit.

jetgirl 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-25-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jetgirl Click to send private message to jetgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Suzie"
I agree that she will not win but that is no reason not to vote for her each week. A woman is not going to be the next singer of INXS.

Every additional week that she is on the show is more exposure for her. INXS and Dave obviously think she has talent or they would not be pumping her up all of the time. I say vote for her and give her more face time.

I believe part of the problem with viewer voting is that Suzy is from Canada - half of their voting time is also the voting time for Canadian Idol. I know INXS is higher calibre but people who actually going to spend the time to vote are also the people who will vote for Canadian Idol contestants.

I think that anyone who wants a Canadian contestant to win will vote for JD - the only male Canadian. If a woman is not going to win, why vote for one.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-25-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Suzie"
I also beieve that the world will vote all the women in the bottom three and they will not survive the competition-so sad.

I like Susie-I have always liked her better than Jessica or Deanna. I also love what Jordis can do with a song. I am so glad that Deanna is gone. Her voice sounded like she tried to swallow, but it got stuck in there somewhere. Better voice for smokey blues bars than rock halls. Dave Navarro was too impressed with her, for sure (she's a tiny bunny with a big voice).

Jeez, I hope JD doesn't win.......

bubbapao 29 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-05, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbapao Click to send private message to bubbapao Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Suzie"
There isn't always a "good" reason not to care for someone as a performer. Suzie just annoys me for no specific reason. Her voice is good enough, she's cute enough, but when she got the encore, I said thank goodness for my dvr, so I can fast forward through this annoying faux rocker junk.

Deanna, on the other hand, I always liked, even though her performances didn't always cut it.

And the comment about Canadian voters may or may not be valid, because notice how one week, Deanna started out bottom 3 but was pulled out by later voters.

Shypappy 37 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shypappy Click to send private message to Shypappy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Suzie"
I really dig Suzie!

She blew it on night 1 when she messed the lyrics, but every performance since then has been just awesome!

Does a great job of the INXS tunes!

08-29-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Suzie - too arrogant"
I found her a little too arrogant last night - how many times did she say she's in the "top one"???? We only saw two that they aired - I'm guessing she said it 50 more.

And I thought they said she was the only one who was never in the bottom three - not necessarily that she was the top vote getter. Sheesh! You'd think she would appreciate that she's still in a precarious position and not be so arrogant.

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-29-05, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Suzie - too arrogant"
I feel the same way as most of the people who have commented on this thread. She is a good singer but compared to some of the others she just doesn't have that edge about her. I know after last night's show I am getting a little tired of her personality. I don't know if it is just a bitchy opinion on my part but it seems that she does a lot of whinning to get what she wants and then whins about if she is able to do it after she gets the song. Then the whole crying to Deanna and Mig in hopes that they would let her do her original song after it was her that came up with the whole pull your name from a hat idea, I was like c'mon woman if you wanted to do it so bad why not fight for it?

Shypappy 37 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shypappy Click to send private message to Shypappy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Suzie - too arrogant"
I think people are too hard on Suzie for her emotions!

I'll bet most of your favorite rockstars out there are pricks, or whiners, or whatever...you just don't see that cause they're not on a reality show.

She's got the best voice, she should be judged on that!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Suzie - too arrogant"
This is turning into the Susie show. It's like the girl with low self esteem that finally made the cheerleading squad. She's now so wrapped up in herself that is distracting.

It's all about me, me, me!

Everyone is hard on JD for his arrogance, why shouldn't we treat Suzie the same?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-05, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Suzie - too arrogant"
Oh I agree it is becoming the Suzie show. I am getting a little upset with her. She could have easily been sitting in 4th place all night during the voting. Which would have kept her out of the bottom 3. But it meant she did not end up in the top 3 either. But she is acting like she was voted in top spot. I am finding her personality grating. The crying and giggling. The look on JD's face when she collapsed into giggles at the outside table said it all. Good she got her one week out of the bottom 3. But I think she will be back in the bottom 3 this week. She just doesn't have the fans backing her. And I think she would be a boring pick for the winner. But INXS may want her so they can be in charge. I think more and more they want someone they can control like MiG or Suzie.

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-05, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Suzie - too arrogant"
I agree with all of the above reasons about why Suzie is disliked so much. She IS arrogant......even though she has a very good voice, it is definitely not the best of the final 6. I love the comment about the soccer mom trying to be a rock n roller. Priceless! My main reason for not liking Suzie is that I just don't enjoy her performances. Even if she nails a song, her stage presence turns me off. Also, my dislike of her goes back to week one when she was nasty to Marty. Trying to psych him out before the competition by tell him that his raspy voice may be the result of polyps on his vocal cords. Mean girl!

funkalicious 15 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-05, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail funkalicious Click to send private message to funkalicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Suzie - too arrogant"
I'm honestly excited to watch her do Bohemian Rhapsody tonight -- I think she's going be be amazing -- but for Suzie to front this band, I think she needs:

1) A total makeover into a fashion goddess -- that "soccer mom" comment was brilliant. The black hair dye/extensions aren't fooling anyone.

2) A stylist in her hip pocket

3) Serious dancing lessons so she can move with some sensuality

4) Some *action* -- perhaps would help with #3

5) More lean muscle

6) A stage name. "Suzie McNeil" is a lovely name, but it makes me think of a 25-year-old marketing manager sending out email campaigns, not a rock star.

Fortunately, none of those things are hard to come by in Hollywood!

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-30-05, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show)"
IMO Suzie rocked tonite! A definite vote getter.

Iam_Xtreme 158 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-05, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Iam_Xtreme Click to send private message to Iam_Xtreme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show)"
Suzie did an awesome job tonight! Took a difficult song and nailed it.

Signature Created By: tribephyl

08-31-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show)"
Oh puhleeze! She hit the notes of an all-time great song! She added NOTHING to it. Her outfit - bad to the point of distraction. Her movements - eh. The choir was more rocking in that performance than she was.

youngatheart 21 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail youngatheart Click to send private message to youngatheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show)"
Suzie's one of those rockers that can belt out a song at the drop of a hat but I don't get into watching her perform. Some of the earlier comments on this board about her persona were dead on. Her stage presence needs a step up big time.

Also, I thought she did BR okay last night, thanks to the awesome band ..they were superb! BUT, I did hear a few notes of uncertainty and some questionable lyric queues from her. The comment that it had been the "best" in the whole competition was a little over the top for me.

Funny, I totally forgot about her being the one that was talking to Marty about is voice in the first show. Diss on her for that....she could take a few lesson from him on stage presence.

Jay1205 19 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jay1205 Click to send private message to Jay1205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show)"
Put Suzie on American Idol, and we'd all be raving about her. But on RSI, she doesn't shine. My simple opinion is this ... Suzie is not a rocker. Great voice, pretty girl ... but just not a rocker. Learning how to "rock" looks contrived and awkward - you either have it or don't. Suzie doesn't. She's in the wrong competition.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-31-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Suzie (after 8/30 show)"
The thing about Suzie is she has grown more than anyone throughout this competition and she had the most to prove.

She has one of the best voices without a doubt.

I can see what people are saying about her stage presence but even that has improved throughout this competition.

It boggles my mind that some people making comments here don't see what an overall fantastic job she has done. Last night's performance was just incredible. Can anyone appreciate what a hard song that was to sing? She was spot on.

Moves courtesy of Syren

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-31-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Suzie"
I've read all these posts and they still haven't changed my mind. Love Suzie!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •