The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ty the Sore Loser"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

nashtheslash 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-31-05, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nashtheslash Click to send private message to nashtheslash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ty the Sore Loser"
I used to enjoy Ty but he really killed it for me tonight by pulling the race card as the reason for getting kicked out. I was rooting for JD to leave this week and Ty next week.

What did other think about Ty's comments ....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser Moother 08-31-05 1
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser tn2005 09-01-05 30
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser transceiver 08-31-05 2
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser HauntedOne 08-31-05 3
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser nashtheslash 08-31-05 4
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser kay_tin 09-01-05 5
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser toddE 09-01-05 9
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser queenbee 09-01-05 6
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser shanana banana 09-01-05 8
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser Breezy 09-01-05 14
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser HistoryDetective 09-01-05 20
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser weltek 09-01-05 22
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser Glow 09-01-05 25
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser tn2005 09-01-05 31
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser leianawd 09-01-05 37
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser tamarama 09-01-05 41
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser nightbreedz 09-01-05 7
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser Darth Sarcastic 09-01-05 10
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser HistoryDetective 09-01-05 21
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser Darth Sarcastic 09-02-05 57
           RE: Ty the Sore Loser HistoryDetective 09-03-05 63
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser cycles2k 09-01-05 11
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser Wacko Jacko 09-01-05 12
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser arkiegrl 09-01-05 13
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser trigirl 09-01-05 15
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser CattyChat 09-01-05 17
   I believe Breezy 09-01-05 18
       RE: I believe tn2005 09-01-05 33
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser CattyChat 09-01-05 16
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser Iam_Xtreme 09-01-05 19
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser weltek 09-01-05 23
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser Iam_Xtreme 09-01-05 24
           RE: Ty the Sore Loser trigirl 09-01-05 27
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser okaychatt 09-02-05 56
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser SherpaDave 09-01-05 26
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser weltek 09-01-05 28
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser SherpaDave 09-01-05 35
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser Wacko Jacko 09-01-05 44
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser AndrewTN 09-01-05 29
   Welcome Andrew trigirl 09-01-05 32
       RE: Welcome Andrew AndrewTN 09-01-05 34
           RE: Welcome Andrew Bravegirl 09-01-05 36
               RE: Welcome Andrew fedcamper 09-01-05 38
                   RE: Welcome Andrew geg6 09-01-05 39
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser Wacko Jacko 09-01-05 45
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser Raineydays 09-01-05 40
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser grit 09-01-05 42
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser reality4me 09-01-05 43
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser????? the Muffin man 09-01-05 46
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser????? the Muffin man 09-01-05 47
           WARNING Bebo 09-01-05 48
               RE: WARNING LaLaLisa 09-02-05 50
           RE: Ty the Sore Loser????? LaLaLisa 09-02-05 49
               RE: Ty the Sore Loser????? Bravegirl 09-02-05 51
                   RE: Ty the Sore Loser????? the Muffin man 09-02-05 53
                       RE: Ty the Sore Loser????? HuskiesFan 09-03-05 58
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser songbird_75227 09-02-05 52
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser Moother 09-02-05 54
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser trigirl 09-03-05 59
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser okaychatt 09-02-05 55
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser Bravegirl 09-03-05 60
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser okaychatt 09-03-05 64
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser Wildchil 09-03-05 61
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser Loree 09-03-05 62
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser Bravegirl 09-04-05 65
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser Loree 09-04-05 66
 Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teeth an... FrozenPjs 09-04-05 67
   RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teet... the Muffin man 09-07-05 68
       RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teet... siamesecat 09-07-05 69
           RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teet... the Muffin man 09-09-05 70
               RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teet... geg6 09-09-05 71
                   RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teet... LaLaLisa 09-09-05 74
               RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teet... LaLaLisa 09-09-05 72
           RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teet... whimsey 09-11-05 79
 RE: Ty the Sore Loser jpl68 09-09-05 73
   RE: Ty the Sore Loser the Muffin man 09-10-05 75
       RE: Ty the Sore Loser rose1970 09-10-05 76
           RE: Ty the Sore Loser Moother 09-10-05 77
               RE: Ty the Sore Loser rose1970 09-10-05 78

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-31-05, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Well it kind of irked me but then I wasn't sure what he meant for sure. Was he saying that white people didn't vote for him because he was black or was he saying that black people didn't support his kind of music and therefore he didn't get the support he felt he deserved?
If he thinks white people didn't vote for him, I beg to differ. He was one of my very favorites and I voted for him many times. I even managed to get over my aversion to that funky hairdo. That was no small feat since I am a middle aged white woman!
Personally I was disgusted that JD didn't get the boot! I thought his song was very UNDER WHELMING!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tn2005 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-01-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tn2005 Click to send private message to tn2005 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I just wanted to say that I am very disappointed, insulted and disgusted with what Ty had to say at the end of Wednesday's show.
I was one of the thousands believing he should lead the band. It was between him and J.D. (and I am from Canada) but once I got to see J.D.'s "it's all about me" attitude - he was not in the running anymore.
Ty was mad he was in the bottom 3 - 3 times? What about Suzie? She was in the bottom 3 - 2 or 3 times - even when she put on a kick ##### performance. Was that because she is a WOMEN?? There was no other reason for it???
Ty was kicked off because he sang the WRONG words (twice)!! Just ask Brandon how singing the wrong words (or forgetting them) can get you kicked off.
Ty insults his competitors (friends) by basically saying they DON'T have any SOUL because they are white. Then trying to cover up with 'we all have our own thing'. He is fine with doing that - but when he gets kicked off he has to insult INSX and others???
"You can't always get what you want" Ty - you sang it yourself. "But you just might find, you get what you need". Maybe this is what you need - you were seen all around the world - now you can start a career where people see and like you for who YOU are - and not in the 'shadow' of a rock star they are replacing.

transceiver 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-05, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail transceiver Click to send private message to transceiver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Couldn't agree more. Ty seemed like a good egg, but then he ill-advisedly implies that they didn't pick him because he's black! Apparently, they've already had Terence Trent D'Arby front a few of their shows, so oops, there goes that theory. And of all the places where racism really doesn't seem to be a barrier, it's the pop music industry. What a bizarre claim, and way to shoot yourself in the foot for potential record deals down the road.

HauntedOne 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-31-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HauntedOne Click to send private message to HauntedOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Oh....now I get it....he meant blacks. I thought he meant horse-faced showgirls.

nashtheslash 10 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-05, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nashtheslash Click to send private message to nashtheslash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
You could be right Hauntedone - could Ty have been referrring to his feminine leaning as the reason for losing !!!

kay_tin 161 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kay_tin Click to send private message to kay_tin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I couldn't believe he pulled the race card. What a load of crap. I had absolutely no problem with the color of his skin, or that awful hair style. I never particularly liked him because his performances simply left me cold. I also thought he showed a bit too much ego which irked me. Sorry, I simply don't see INXS as a soul group. He is a good singer, but not a good fit.

My humble opinion...

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-01-05, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
If Ty hadn't apparently (I've read here) made references to his heterosexuality, I would say that would have been a more valid argument because I do think that worked against him. I think his being black might have been a plus in INXS eyes, but I don't think there's a big "BlackVote" on this particular program.

queenbee 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-01-05, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail queenbee Click to send private message to queenbee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
As the one black person watching this show, I can tell you that Ty didn't mean that black people didn't vote for him because they aren't into his kind of music. And he wasn't calling the band racist. There is only so long they can keep saving him if the public isn't into him. And I think he understands that.

I think he was trying to make a point about why the public isn't into him. He meant that the viewers (mostly white, I would guess) weren't open to the idea of having a black lead singer for one of their favorite Aussie bands. It's almost not even calling them racist as much as saying that they are kind of set in their ways and when they see a black singer, they want him to be singing soul music or rap. Black people and rock music are not exactly synonomous. And people aren't progressive enough to see that he could bring a whole new sound to the group.

That said, I was hoping Ty would go home tonight. I'm trying to pick a lead singer for a band I liked very much just the way they were and I don't want them to make a drastic departure from their old stuff. So maybe I'm one of the folks he's talking about -- so it's not just white folks! It's sad, but that's life.

But folks, can we PLEEEEAAAASSSEEE get rid of JD next??? I beg of you!

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-01-05, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I agree with what QueenBee said.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-05, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Very well put, and I would agree with you.

Welcome to the boards.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Welcome, queenbee! I agree with your take on what Ty meant by his comments. It's too bad that so many people had a knee-jerk reaction to what he had to say instead taking a moment to reflect on what he meant.

Still, it was Ty's turn to go...

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Well put, queenbee. I agree.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Well put. I agree.

And welcome to the boards.

09-01-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tn2005 Click to send private message to tn2005 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
You know, it was really unfair of him to say that. How in the world does he know why people voted for others and not him?? And it was INXS who got rid of him, not the public.
People were probably voting for who sang the best, and he is using that so he does not have to admit that his performances were not good enough.
Just because he was in the bottom three did not mean he had to go home - why he went home was because he sang the wrong song title "twice" as he was told.
Soul or no soul, you sing the song incorrectly in front of the band you want to be a part of...you are going to be tossed.

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-01-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I am not a big fan of TY, but the color of his skin was not a factor in it at all. He is a good singer but I personally didn't take to his personality. I think as a rock performer he was a bit too theatrical and rock fans don't need that if we did we would go to a Brittney Spears concert lol. Maybe some white people have a hard time visualizing black people singing rock but is that really their fault no one said hey go sing rap or soul, but I honestly don't believe it was even a factor. But all in all it did make me roll my eyes when he made the comment whether it meant black people weren't voting for him or white people weren't but I did feel for the guy because he did want the spot as INXS lead singer and it was hard for me to watch someone want something so bad and practically break down in disappointment.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-01-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
yes yes yes!!

I cringed at his comments NOT because of the actual comments, but because I knew people would be up in arms about them.

I agree with your interpretation of the situation.

(I also agree that JD needs to go home right now)
(I had been wondering why JD did all those Elvis-y karate poses...now we all know why.)

nightbreedz 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nightbreedz Click to send private message to nightbreedz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I posted this message on TY's blog at www.rockstarinxs.com. There are tons of comments regarding the show tongiht.

Hey Ty! I think you’re amazing, I loved hearing you sing and I am a fan. I don’t know what you meant tonight with your comments, if it’s about race then I’m disappointed. I know black men in rock may be few and far in between but it could be equivalent to white guys in rap. Actually, a white guy in rap has a harder time making it (or being taken seriously) than a black guy in rock (maybe not by much but I do think it’s harder for a white). Was there not quality white people voted out before you? Maybe you should blame the black community for not voting for you, how may blacks do you think were watching this rock show? I don’t understand (if it is a race thing) why when black people don’t get their way it’s always race. I hate to bring up the show, but American Idol is the same. A black person could win the year before but if they don’t win the next year, you hear race was an issue. Like I said, I don’t know if you meant race was the issue but it seems to be what people picked up. I wish you the best and this white person is still a fan…you’re too cool not be a fan.

Darth Sarcastic 18 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 02:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Darth%20Sarcastic Click to send private message to Darth%20Sarcastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Quite simply put, good point Ty... However, wrong card!

I hate to be right all the time...

09-01-05, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-05 AT 10:10 AM (EST)

Which card was it then?

journal

edited to remove second sig pic

Darth Sarcastic 18 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-05, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Darth%20Sarcastic Click to send private message to Darth%20Sarcastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Well hmm I don't know... I wonder... what ... it could have been. Hey will you check your back pocket for me?

What?

09-03-05, 01:56 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Here I thought you might have a substantive answer instead of allusions and innuendo...

journal

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-01-05, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I thought Ty's comments were unfortunate. Sixth place in this competition is a fine accomplishment. Rather than claim that he lost because he was black, he would have done better to realize that he went very far because he was talented but lost to performers who were more talented and/or a better fit for INXS.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-01-05, 06:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I agree with what Ty said and I am white. It aint so much about race though. There are other things too, but race does figure in. It is also about image. The mohawk didn't help either. I do feel Ty's persona which includes being black hurt him. But it aint so much that they voted for him to be in last...it was that no body voted for him to be in first.

I liked Ty, he had soul and INXs has soul (and he can rock). Some of these left have no soul and I don't know what the voters are thinking.

Did you hear the differecnes in response when INXs asked Ty why he should be in the band and then when they asked Jordis? How pathetic of Jordis. They had just asked Ty the question and he gave a great response. Jordis had time to prepare for it and she acted like she had no idea the question was coming and her response was a nervous response and pretty lame.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I have to agree with you regarding the answers Ty and Jordis gave INXS for that question. I really thought she sealed her fate with that answer, considering what a poor performance she had just given. It's like when a prospective employer asks what you would bring to their company, you sell yourself to them at that point. You don't say "I dunno..." which is basically what she did.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-01-05, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Thank you Queen Bee for your post. You have totally captured my thoughts as well.

Normally when I hear\see the race card being pulled, I get so p'd that it completely turns me off. However, I think Ty might have been right on this one. The public is accepting of soulful pop, rap, jazz....but what about rock? I so wish, as did the band I believe, that his performance on the INXS song was not underwhelming. I think even Tim or Gary said "make it good". Last weeek when he sang the INXS song with a little funk, it was the first time I got the the whole rock and soul thing.

Jordis' lack of passion completely annoyed me. If Ty had not been in the bottom 3 previously it might have been interesting.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-01-05, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
>Jordis' lack of passion completely annoyed me.

I so completely agree with that TriGirl. At times Jordis had these dead lifeless eyes. It looked to me like she resigned herself to elimination last night. I thought Ty was going to go, because of his frequency in the bottom 3, but Jordis had the worst INXS performance & coupled with the lifeless look, INXS would have been justified in letting her go.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "I believe"
If that had not been Ty's third time in the bottom three, Jordis would have been sent home.

09-01-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
33. "RE: I believe"
I believe that just because he was in the bottom 3 for the third time really did not mean much - but him singing the title of the song WRONG, TWICE was what got him kicked off.
He should remember that.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-01-05, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I was so disappointed with Ty for that comment & I kinda took offense to it. I never saw Ty as the black contestant, I saw him as a great performer & voted for him in the beginning weeks, along with other faves I had.

I had no doubt Ty could walk off the show last night & land a contract BUT I have to say that I think his "people don't see me as a rocker, because I'm black" mentality will hurt him. Ty needs to get the chip off his shoulder & realize where his talents lie & pursue it.

First of all Ty should have been happy to make it to the top 6 & realize that now that it is down to the cream of the crop of the contestants, he should be proud to have made it this far & not hurt & angry.

Second, he should NOT have taken it personally being in the bottom 3, because this is a contest to front INXS & no one has ever told him he wasn't extremely talented. He just isn't the best of the remaining 6 to front INXS.

Iam_Xtreme 158 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Iam_Xtreme Click to send private message to Iam_Xtreme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I think that Ty is a great performer but he simply is not right to front INXS. I loved his performance of No Woman, No Cry! I was so disappointed that he played the race card! He was not selected because he is not the right fit for the band and to me his comments showed that he cannot lose with grace.

Signature Created By: tribephyl

09-01-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I think I liked No Woman, No Cry so much because there was no cheese factor. All of his other performances had too much "Las Vegas show" in them for me. And maybe I'm NOT ready for soul to cross into rock n' roll. I'm just not a huge soul fan. So shoot me. It bet Ty's not a big Michael Bolton fan (not that I am...just trying to make a point). That doesn't make him racist if he doesn't want Michael Bolton to be the new front man for Living Colour.

Iam_Xtreme 158 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Iam_Xtreme Click to send private message to Iam_Xtreme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
All of his other performances had too much "Las Vegas show" in them for me.

Ty's style fits so perfectly in your statement above! I think that it was so refreshing to actually hear him sing No Woman, No Cry without adding the "Las Vegas Show" to it. His performance of that song showed me that he truly does have a voice.

Signature Created By: tribephyl

09-01-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Good point. My DH just started watching this week and I showed him the tape of No Woman, No Cry because it was without a doubt Ty's finest moment. Even Dave made the comment about it not being a performance.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-05, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
<All of his other performances had too much "Las Vegas show"

Weltek - you've put your finger on what bothered me about Ty's performances. He was always so aware he was on stage. He was performing, not becoming one with the band.

I dunno - it's one of those stage presence "IT" factors that he was missing. He just didn't command my attention the way Marty, Susie, and Mig do.

I still think he's very talented. He's just not right for INXS -for Ty, it was more about Ty than INXS.

Thank you - I haven't been able to verbalize all that before.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Ugh, the race card. I don't even wanna talk about it.

What I found far more annoying, largely because he said it ALL THE FREAKING TIME, was how much soul he said he had. Ty had no soul. Zip. Zero. Nada. When he took on "You Can't Always Get What You Want" this week, I wanted him to take that gospel background he referred to and just completely amp it up. If he actually had as much soul as he thinks he does, that song would've just knocked the house down. He'd have had the encore. But no. No soul. Schmacting soul.

Sorry, but the man belongs in the theatah. Maybe the production of "We Will Rock You" is looking for someone with MiG gone?

Dave writesDave editsDave blogs

09-01-05, 12:02 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Gotta agree with you Dave. His performance this week left me flat, when he (according to his self proclamations), should've been emotionally soulful.

It should really be See Dave Write. See Dave Edit. See Dave Blog.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Ooh, good idea on the sig!

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog.

09-01-05, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Come on Sherpa! If Ty had no soul than who did. he by far had the most soul........BY A MILE.

AndrewTN 13 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AndrewTN Click to send private message to AndrewTN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
My initial thoughts on this were 'oh no please don't pull the race card Ty'. I was fuming. Ready to come on here today to post about 'poor pitiful Ty and that chip on his shoulder' and how wrong he is. After reading this thread and in particular Queenbee's view on his comments I have given it some more thought to see if I should be giving him the benefit of the doubt but after considering further I still think he was using the 'race card'. People will interpret his comments in different ways so I don't think we'll all come to a agreement here. He has made reference to race in past weeks. If I recall correctly he made the minority comments back when he did the Bob Marley song. I don't mean to offend anybody and I have no issues with any race but I get the impression that Ty does have a that chip on his shoulder and is fooling himself into believing he was voted out because he is black.

When he performed at the very beginning with Living Color's Cult of Personality I was like 'hell yeah' that is a powerful singer and performer that would totally make INXS an interesting band. He stood out more than others. I think of other black artists in the rock world and there are not enough but the ones that are there are powerful singers. Lenny Kravitz puts on one hell of a rock show and has some killer songs. After going to one of his gigs right after Are You Gonna Go My Way hit the airwaves I was blown away and went out the very next day to buy myself a Flying V. One of my favorite bands of the last few years has been Sevendust. Man can Lajon Witherspoon sing and he sure brings a different dimension to that band.

Personally I now think Ty had his own agenda for being on this show. I don't think he really wanted to be in INXS. On stage he sang with this big huge smile but when you look into his eyes I saw something else that I couldn't put my finger on. It was like he had this resigned look of failure in his eyes that maybe he felt like everyone was conspiring against him. His glances over to the INXS guys always looked like a supsicious look and for a moment the smile would be gone and then in an instant he'd be back focusing on his act. I really don't think he has as much soul as he tries to make out. I look back at his performances and the things he has said and I feel like he has been a phony and not true to himself. The fact is that the performances just weren't strong enough and were not as heartfelt and soulful as he keeps saying. They were all just an act. I know every one of them put on an act when they hit the stage but some are more honest and natural than others.

I may be totally off base with this and if so I apologize but that's the thoughts I have about Ty this day. Queenbee your take on it is a possibility and I would like to think you are right. I loved Ty's mohawk and his image. At the beginning I thought he was the front runner and after the first couple of weeks I would have picked him over the others but at the end of the day I just don't think he was a strong enough singer or the dynamic performer we all would like to see.

09-01-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
32. "Welcome Andrew"
Nice to meet you.

AndrewTN 13 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AndrewTN Click to send private message to AndrewTN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Welcome Andrew"
Thanks! Back at ya!

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Welcome Andrew"
"I believe that just because he was in the bottom 3 for the third time really did not mean much - but him singing the title of the song WRONG, TWICE was what got him kicked off.
He should remember that"

I agree completely. If you're truly interested in fronting a famous Rock N Roll Band, you SHOULD know the lyrics to thier songs when you're asked to sing them. I was really feeling sorry for him when they told him he was going UNTIL he made his comment. What excuses will the other contestants use when they are voted off? Will Suzie go because WOMEN are not recognized as true rock n rollers? Will Mig go because 'his' ppl are not valued for thier contributions? How about Marty?? Maybe it will be his heritage that keeps him from winning! If there is one thing I detest, it's a poor loser!

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fedcamper Click to send private message to fedcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Welcome Andrew"
If race is the issue, why is Jordis still around? Ty should have taken a lesson from her and rocked the dreads instead of those ridiculous liberty spikes. They were distracting and not at all flattering. That, and his tendency to vibrato got on my nerves. He's talented but they all are and at this point, everything counts. (And I agree- PLEASE don't vote for J.D. anymore!!)

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Welcome Andrew"
(And I agree-
>PLEASE don't vote for J.D.
>anymore!!)

Not sure who you're agreeing with here, but I'd rather no one voted for Jordis or MiG anymore. And give all those votes TO JD. Whatevah.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

09-01-05, 09:54 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I suppose him crying when he got eliminated was an act too.

Raineydays 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Raineydays Click to send private message to Raineydays Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
What kills me about last night and his comment was that he is acting as though he is the only one that has a hard time getting votes. He isn't the man for the job, personally he scares the hell out of me with his tongue and all. His eyes look devilish, and he isn't meant for INXS, IMO. What about the women trying to fill a mans shoes in the rock world? His performances were good, YES in the broadway world. He isn't a rocker, he is a performer with a bad hairstyle, who can sing and sing well, but a rocker, NO! I was hoping and praying that either JD or he would be the one to go.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-01-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
As soon as they revealed bottom 4, I knew that if Ty was one of the final bottom 3, he would be going home unless someone else royally screwed up. I figured the band wouldn't want someone that the public had rejected 3 times. One of the guys even said something about 3 times in the bottom 3 being too much. They want someone in the lead who the public adores.

As far as Ty's comment, I thought he was referring to people with weird mohawks, not people of color...

Handcrafted by RollDdice

reality4me 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reality4me Click to send private message to reality4me Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
OH i agree.. i am sick of the race card being played all the time when something doesn't go their way. doesn't he think the others had good weeks??? did he ever consider that when he does perform it was like look at me not look at me AND the band..... I hated his hair!!!!

the Muffin man 7 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail the%20Muffin%20man Click to send private message to the%20Muffin%20man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser?????"
You people are so trifling. He played the race card for good reason, how many people vote based on color? How many people can't see a black guy being a lead singer of an australian rock group.
So what if his hair is a mohawk what should it have been an afro?
A bald head?
So then let me see all the so called rock people would be like he looks a little to hiphop.
Would that have been what you wanted? He was better than the other male performers but let's say playing the race card this time was fair.

Also since when did todays white people ever understand the race card and how its played against people of color?

09-01-05, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail the%20Muffin%20man Click to send private message to the%20Muffin%20man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser?????"
I think JD is completely lame. The other folks have no pop to them. Its no wonder INXS are slipping as a group.
Someone mentioned terrance trent darby well the stones had prince open for them back in 82 and the white crowd booed the hell out of him.
Let's face it australia doesn't have a history of the best race relations and if you white folks listened to the Inxs member he said " Ty you are a very good soul singer."
So he was saying ty was not a rock and roll singer but a soul singer big difference. Soul is James Brown, rock is Axl or jimi.

Also by Ty saying he had more soul well let's say this why do music writers call white folks that do soul music "blue eyed soul"? They do so because its a white guys representation of the real thing.
Read the rollingstone article on Jimi and see what he had to deal with from the white audience and musicians that were copying early black music and coming up with what they couldn't quiet get the soul.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "WARNING"
Criticizing your fellow posters is a violation of our community guidelines. You are welcome to express your opinion of the show, as long as you can do it without criticizing other posters in the process.

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: WARNING"
>Criticizing your fellow posters is a violation of our community guidelines. You are welcome to express your opinion of the show, as long as you can do it without criticizing other posters in the process.
>

I missed the insult? What was it?

Oh, was it calling people trifling?

09-02-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser?????"
I totally agree that racism is alive and well today and as a white person, I have NO IDEA what it's like to think (or be made to think) about my skin color everyday.

But that doesn't mean that racism was what was holding Ty back or was the only thing or even the main thing. Look at Marty (so white he's practically albino.) Read through back posts here - Marty used to be a strong leader then many, many people started getting sick of his all-grunge-all-the-time. It was oft said he should be trying out for Nirvana, not INXS. INXS even came out and told him they were having a hard time seeing him with the band.

What did he do? A little FU to INXS (still screaming) then paid the price (bottom 3) then knocked it out of the ballpark blending grunge with INXS in "Don't Change." Then really stretching himself and trying a different style, dropping his screaming altogether if only for a song.

So, whether or not Ty is soul or isn't soul (by the way, does soul mean you really feel what the singer is singing? If so, then I haven't felt Ty since No Woman, No Cry.) I mean, he says he soul, the band says he is, so I guess I'll just have to accept it.

But the question is: Is INXS soul, or more importantly - do they wanna be?

I know someone told me earlier that I don't know INXS at all if I don't know they are soul, but I swear, I don't really hear it. I'm not their biggest fan so I don't know the whole catalog, but I woulda never called them that.

Just like the question could be are or wanna be grunge?
Or power rock/belting it out? - Deanna
Or country rock? - Brandon

Why is it that they can say to 8 other people - your style and our style don't mix and it's accepted but they can't say that to Ty? And don't you think what they say is reflected in the voting? Ty outlasted many, many performers.

09-02-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser?????"
You people are so trifling. He played the race card for good reason, how many people vote based on color?"

Really??? I think not many at all. I know 'color' never influenced my voting. With most ppl, it's all about the performance and let's face it.....Ty's performances were lacking.Maybe if he performed liked a rock n roll singer he would have been appreciated as such. He performed like a Broadway performer and was labeled as such. Black, white, yellow or green----doesn't matter.

"He was better than the other male performers but let's say playing the race card this time was fair."

Your opinion and you're welcome to it BUT in most ppl's opinions, he was NOT better than the other male performers. IMHO, he was not near as good as Marty or Mig.

Also since when did todays white people ever understand the race card and how its played against people of color

We've gotten to understand it a lot. Since MOST times, it is the response to a minority not getting what they want. So many times, in fact, that it makes me ill.

09-02-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser?????"
He performed like a broadway performer, I think you are getting him mixed up with JD. Do you know anything about broadway performers? As far as all about performance you don't want to admit it pale face types but color does play a part in the way you react to folks.
As a person of color who has gone to school in perdominately white schools and is well traveled I know for a fact white people tend to not know how to act around black people. We get subjected to black speak, as if we can only understand some broken wanna be ghetto slang, we get this along with the so called I'm the hip white guy wanting to be considered down handshake, but the asian next to me gets the hey dude, with the regular handshake.
You should see the surprised looks on your face when you see our music collections and there isn't a stitch of R&B or hiphop.
Let's face it we are hard on our own harder than you would think and when I saw Ty initally I was like what is this brutha doing? Then he was up there acting like a very non fake rock and roll guy. He was not a R&B guy but a rock and roll guy. We know our own.
If he sucked I would say hey bruthaman you stunk but he was as good if not better than the two white boys remaining.
As far as minorities not getting what we want. I think when you as a majority class have always gotten what you want without batting an eye and always blaming your forefathers or saying it wasn't me that is what makes me ill. Then all of a sudden you want to come new like it wasn't my generation,yet you keep perpetuating the bs.
The new folks of color aren't falling for the trip anymore, we see through the trifling vail.
It all comes down.

HuskiesFan 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-03-05, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HuskiesFan Click to send private message to HuskiesFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser?????"
Muffin Man, I cannot claim to know what it is like living as a person of color, but……Ty sank his own ship.

Reason #1…The spike hair thing does not appear to be the “look” INXS is looking for…check back to the times he braided it back how was he was received by the band, regardless of performance, compared to the times he had it spiked and they way he was received. Black or white, he was asked to tone it down on the hair and he didn’t.

Reason #2..the tongue thing..need I say more….

Reason #3….Spoke of how he wanted to bring “Soul” to the band….Well, last time I checked, INXS was not a “SOUL” band.

Reason #4….He sounded AWESOME singing more of the “soulful” type music. I think he will be well accepted as a “Rock Singer” in a DIFFERENT band, not INXS.

So, the public is not bashing him for being a person of color, he was “let go” for being not the right man for the job. It had nothing to do with Race, Color, ethnicity or sexual preference. I am sickened by the way “Everything” that happens today is blamed on one of the above criteria! Sometimes, there are other reasons. Every day people of color as well as whites get “let go” from a job because they are simply “not Right or not qualified” for the position.

Ty has a great music future ahead of him. I am sure he will do well.

~~~Stepping down from my soapbox now to go back and sit quietly……

songbird_75227 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-05, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail songbird_75227 Click to send private message to songbird_75227 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I'm with you there. I was hoping J D would get kicked off. I haven't liked him from the start. He thinks he's better than anyone else.

09-02-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Ty is really lucky he isn't FAT! If he had been FAT no matter how great he sang he wouldn't have even made the show!
That is the prejudice I live with. As do apparently 60 percent of the US but we still don't like others that are fat!

09-03-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
59. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Moother you are so right! Talk about discrimination in the entertainment industry.

It is politically correct to be hateful of fat people because the world thinks they 'choose' to live that way.

I remember reading that when Jennifer Aniston arrived in Hollywood she was 130 lbs and told she was too fat. Dropped to 115 at the beginning of Friends but then got Zone diet and workout crazy and now weighs 100 lbs. Yeah, that is healthy and normal.

09-02-05, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Yes, Ty's comments were uncalled for.

All along he has been saying how he wanted to add soul to the INXS mix.

He knew that was not what INXS was all about.

So why was he surprised when he was eliminated as not being right for INXS?

A little soul might make for a brand spanking new INXS, and it's not necessarily a bad thing.

However, INXS wants rock, not soul.

That is not racism.

I liked Ty, but he has never been my favorite as lead singer for INXS.

In another setting, with another band - I'd sit up and listen.

Just not with this band.

09-03-05, 10:03 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
"He performed like a broadway performer, I think you are getting him mixed up with JD. Do you know anything about broadway performers? As far as all about performance you don't want to admit it pale face types but color does play a part in the way you react to folks."

I've been to more broadway shows than I'd like to admit because it would definitely give away my age, so I DO know a little something about a Broadway performance. I've also been to more than my share of Rock n Roll concerts. So I know how a lead singer of a Rock N Roll band should perform. Ty falls into the stage performer category. Also, since you don't know me I'll let the pale face comment drop BUT I can assure you that 'color' has nothing to do with the way I have been voting. Believe it or not MuffinMan, not EVERYTHING is black or white!

09-03-05, 10:15 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
<Also, since you don't know me I'll let the pale face comment drop

Hi bravegirl.

I didn't make the pale face comment.

I think you meant to reply to someone else, not sure who.

Wildchil 62 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wildchil Click to send private message to Wildchil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I agree with everything you wrote except the rooting for JD part, Nash... using the race card as an excuse wasn't cool at all.. and more than a little whiney. Shame on Ty

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Ty should just learn to keep his mouth shut. The more he talks and does interviews the worse he sounds. And that is not good for his future career. He keeps going on about it being about race. And now he is even insulting MiG in his interviews. Little MiG who usually tries to get along with everyone. MiG who was so upset when Ty was booted. Now Ty is telling everyone that MiG doesn't deserve to win. I think it would bother Ty if MiG won because he considers them both Theatah People. And if they boot Ty and let MiG win then Ty can't even use that excuse. Oh Ty, please just shut up.

09-04-05, 09:51 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
Loree,

Ty is insulting MIG??? WHERE??? WHEN???? What did he say??

NOW I'm really ticked off!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I don't remember exactly which interview it was. Ty has done a few since being booted. And he was saying that MiG will never win because he didn't think MiG had the talent. I thought it was a slam considering how much MiG liked Ty and we never heard MiG insulting Ty. If Ty wants to think that, fine. But he doesn't need to say it in an interview. But I think Ty feels part of the reason he was booted was because he was too theatrical. So it would really bother him if MiG (also theatrical) then won.

FrozenPjs 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-05, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FrozenPjs Click to send private message to FrozenPjs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teeth and Tongue"
Jimi Hendrix was black and a rock star. So is Lenny Kravitz. Living Color was successful. Granted, there aren't many blacks in rock 'n roll -- it could be a lack of interest, rather than a racial issue.

But Ty? Ty stuck his tongue out. He smiled during intense songs. "Proud Mary" -- he smiled, and seemed to be near a laugh, the whole song. That's why I didn't vote for him. He's got pipes, but zero charisma. As for soul? Mmmmm. Mig on the piano showed some soul -- Ty smiling through every song, even the serious ones, showed a lack of understanding and appreciation of lyrical effect. His soul is like that of a five year old -- not a grown man singing grown music.

09-07-05, 01:14 AM (EST)
68. "RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teeth and Tongue"
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-05 AT 01:17 AM (EST)

Ok so I'm going to put this Ty thing to bed.
He stuck his tongue out hmmn which rocker uses his tongue as a damn near calling card?
He smiled, god as a man of color if we don't smile white folks are forever asking whats wrong and why we aren't smiling.
Zero charisma and JD is just ready to lead us to the promise land?
Jimi had to battle a ton of white folks in the rock industry, not to mention his own black folks who weren't feeling him same with Lenny. Living color succesful why are they lving large on the back of my milk carton?
It could be a lack of interest, another phrase for lack of white interest, kinda like bush In New Orleans.
Let's face it he tried to bring soul to a white aussie group which wants to have soul. The only difference is white soul and the real thing black sou their is a huge difference.
White folks copy, black folks have it thats why blues comes from the south and not from london. thats why R&B is done by black folks and not by copy cat white folks.
Inxs is a rock band which some posters said has a lot of soul which kind I'll never know but probably blue eyed soul which means not really soul or soul lacking a real base.
Its the sound baby its the sound.

siamesecat 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 02:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail siamesecat Click to send private message to siamesecat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teeth and Tongue"
Hi, new poster here. Have been following this discussion and want to add my 2-cents.

First, to clarify (since people seem to care about these things): I'm not black or from the U.S.

Second, I think the basic thing is that this is a rock show about picking the singer of a rock band. From its origins (which we all acknowledge are in the blues, soul music) rock has been about invoking 'feelings': anger, sadness, and, let's be blunt, sexuality, among others. We generally call this ability to invoke feelings 'charisma' - and you either got it, or you don't.

Third, I never voted for Ty. I didn't vote for him for the same reason that I haven't voted for JD (an apparent fan favourite)- he didn't 'do it for me'. If Lenny or Jimi were on the show, they would get my vote. Why? Because both of these guys were hot!! They made women - white, black, brown, want to take their clothes off (hmmm ... let me get back on track here). I don't doubt that discriminatory attitudes play a role in sexual preference - that's the nature of preference. Speaking for myself, however, I couldn't care less what colour the dude was, as long as he was able to invoke something in me. He didn't. While other people talk about tongues and smiling through songs, that's just their way of saying that he 'didn't do it for them' either. He was fiercely talented, but not likely to lead a teenage rebellion or to make middle-aged women shuck their clothes.

(For the record: I've never asked a black person why they don't smile - is this a common experience in the US??).

09-09-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teeth and Tongue"
Dear Cat,
I read your post and damn I feel where you are coming from, I can dig your vibe.
JD is lame and if he wins the group only gets further away from where they used to be.
I think this whole let's create a star thing is out of hand especially when you get the brainless masses voting online. People are sheep why do you think the US is ran by Republicans and a moron named bush.
I don't like brits telling me who can dance, as if name one popular dance which has come from England.
I don't like shows where top models get lost in the shuffle. Maybe they should call the show from top to bottom.

Oh and thank god you never have asked ablack person why they aren't smiling.
Is it common well I currently don't live in the US but let's just say women have come up to me and asked why aren't I smiling. Cat it seems like in the US the warm fuzzy feeling white folks get when around black folks comes from black people smiling kinda back to the slave- and early part of the 20 century days, keeping black folks in their place.
Its a north american thing, and probably a brit thing too.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teeth and Tongue"
>Oh and thank god you never
>have asked ablack person why
>they aren't smiling.
>Is it common well I currently
>don't live in the US
>but let's just say women
>have come up to me
>and asked why aren't I
>smiling. Cat it seems like
>in the US the warm
>fuzzy feeling white folks get
>when around black folks comes
>from black people smiling kinda
>back to the slave- and
>early part of the 20
>century days, keeping black folks
>in their place.
>Its a north american thing, and
>probably a brit thing too.
>

I find this to be incredibly insulting, especially coming from someone who doesn't live in North America, let alone the US. You have no idea what you are talking about and you certainly don't know me. I resent your characterizing me, my fellow citizens, and our neighbors in North America as nothing but racists. It exists (as apparently, it does outside the US), but most Americans have no desire to "keep black folks in their place." You really should get to know something about us before you make pronouncements like that.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

09-09-05, 04:57 PM (EST)
74. "RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teeth and Tongue"
I can understand why you'd be upset because he is making a gross generalization about north americans but while it is wrong to say we are NOTHING BUT racists, as a group, we are racists (along with lots of other things.)

Look at how our GOVERNMENT responded to New Orleans. We're not only racist, we're classist, sexist and ageist. We have to own that. We have to know it still plays a part in decisions made in this land. Not every individual in this country is, but as a society, we certainly are. How many non-whites are on the major TV networks? How come men get to be fat & bald and still be leading men but women have to be young & pretty?

My point is, I think he does know what he's talking about in that he has experienced racism. No, he doesn't know everyone here. I'm not sure if I'd even know what "most Americans" think. Being liberal myself, I'd like to think they are not overtly racist and certainly the people in my life aren't, but there's a lot of this country I don't know.

09-09-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teeth and Tongue"
"Is it common well I currently don't live in the US but let's just say women have come up to me and asked why aren't I smiling."

Maybe they were hitting on you and they're bad at it.

Maybe they say that to a lot of people. It's practically a staple of Dear Abby/Ann Landers/Miss Manners - people writing in to say they're bugged by someone telling them to smile when they don't feel like it and wanting a snappy comeback.

I'm not saying there isn't rapant racism:

Being watched as a customer in a store. A woman holding her purse tighter as she passes you on the street. Getting charged a higher interest rate. Most importantly: Slow gov't response to the hurricane.

Maybe the Ty thing and the smile thing are not examples. It sounds like there's nothing anyone can say to convince you it wasn't or at least to consider the possibility it wasn't. I mean have you read the petty, personal, judgmental comments that have been written about ALL of the singers?????

whimsey 4402 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-11-05, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
79. "RE: Ty: Zero Charisma, Lots of Teeth and Tongue"
I don't doubt that discriminatory attitudes play a role in sexual preference - that's the nature of preference. Speaking for myself, however, I couldn't care less what colour the dude was, as long as he was able to invoke something in me.

Cat -

Just a quick "well done". I agree that sometimes our personal preferences get in the way of our judgement of others. A hottie is a hottie and thank goodness we get the opportunity to freely discuss it (...and see them). Don't want to loose track of the importance of the choice we have to see hotties of all shapes/sizes/colors, without regard to facial expression. Forgive me, but if you don't like "my" type, well, more for me.

peace

whim

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I find some of the more recent replies interesting. I thought TY was pretty good, but in no way did I ever see him as the lead singer of INXS. Furthermore, I mean come on, TY's facial expressions were frankly goofy, . . . right out of a stage performance, which of course makes sense, since he is a stage performer. TY had a moderately successful band that put out a couple of records. He will be fine, and better suited to do his own thing if you ask me. As for race, get off of it already. TY's downfall was no more about race than any of the girls downfall was about sex. By the way, where is the outrage about Jordis getting the boot last week? Her father is African-American.

09-10-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
75. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-05 AT 03:58 PM (EST)

I am sorry you find the why aren't you smiling comment insulting. I have lived in the US most of my life and right now my job has me living in North america.
All you have to do is look at the way america swings perception and treats black folks and you know what I am talking about. Unless you have a closed mind. Ask your two black friends one day in private about their life experiences, and if they are living and trying to succeed then I am sure they have witnessed the examples of racism in the so called modern USA.
As far as Ty is concerned he wasn't a great fit for the band, definetly not an aussie band.
As far as goofy I have never seen a goofy person than JD. He is a poor choice.
Jordis being half black she is what we like to call a passer.She is TV black meaning she is nearly white but has kinda black features, so we can put her on camera with whites and unless you look real hard you won't notice, she won't stand out the whole thing will look white.

rose1970 17 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-05, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose1970 Click to send private message to rose1970 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
76. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I don't think its a race thing at all.if that was the case they would of been gone long ago...as for ty he wasn't the strongest singer for this group, and the crying thing..was pretty bad... and Jordis she seem to give up. I think it was too much pressure for her. I don't think it was about the color of there skin....at all....
Calling Jordis a passer is horrible. If you didn't notice she wasn't just white...you had to be blind...she is a beautiful girl. And she made this far because of her voice....and just being a generally sweet girl.

I would buy her albums tomorrow!!!!!!!

09-10-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
77. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I think it is sad to try to break the winner down to white or black or Aussie. I am a middle aged white lady and my first choice was Ty. I loved his singing even though I hated the hair style. I also love Marty and Mig even though I also hate their hair styles. I do admit that I have prejudicial reactions at times regarding many things, not just color and I think black, hispanic, oriental, people all have most of the same prejudices. Many times this is something that we learned growing up but many of us have come a long way since then and I think if others didn't beat the situation to death it would be less of an issue. My first thought is that if you live in America your an AMERICAN..Period. Not Anglo, Not African, etc. Just an American. That is a great place to start. The problem is that in arguing over race it only takes the divide further apart and just like arguing over the bible we can all make a valid point.

rose1970 17 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-05, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose1970 Click to send private message to rose1970 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
78. "RE: Ty the Sore Loser"
I agree....I just wish everyone could see what people are...and that is by whats on the inside...not the outside...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •