The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-23-05, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Week seven performances have come and gone. Have your feelings of admiration for some or loathing for others been changed? Time to fess up. Who are you diggin’ and whom would like to help show the door too?

1. Ty Taylor (5,7,3,7,3,6) – Now that was fun! I really enjoyed watching and listening to his version of Proud Mary. Absolutely nailed it. If he remains in the bottom three like the early results said, will be a complete travesty. Not saying Ty is right for INXS, but that was a show. Loved it and congrats to Ty for earning this number one love list ranking.

2. J.D. Fortune (13,3,7,2,7,7) – Totally rocked it out and was actually pleasant in the Sunday reality show for a change. Still think he’s a snake but the roller coaster ride that is JD is going up the tracks this week.

3. Suzie McNeil (14,8,12,8,6,4) – Another solid performance from the Suzie Q. The whining and drama queen stuff from the reality show did kind of turn me off however.

4. Mig Ayesa (12,11,4,3,5,2) – To bad he didn’t have more time to work on the original because there were some elements that I really liked but also really hated. Couple of cringe moments in there. Song really was all over the place and did need some cohesiveness. Maybe a little more time and a band of 40 something’s from the 80’s would have been helpful.

5. Deanna Johnston (3,6,8,9,8,5) – So not right for INXS. Get ready for the bottom three yet again. Liked her original slightly more then Migs but he gets a higher ranking for doing it on his own.

6. Marty Casey (6,4,2,4,1,3) – Yikes, not a good week for Marty. I so want Jordis, Mig, and Marty in the final three but my hometown kid took a hit tonight. Wasn’t the shoeless thing already done by Brandon and how did it work out for him? Like with Ty doing Maggie May last week, all I could think of was the original and how much better it was. Manic Marty was back and at this stage of the game, may not be a good thing to revert back to old ways.

7. Jordis Unga (2,1,1,1,2,1) – Thank god she wont be replacing Steven Tyler. Wow that was awful. Kills me to give Jordis bottom dweller status, but it’s so deserved. Guess the only question left to be answered is will her legion of fans (me included) be enough to save from the bottom three. Love the girl but a wake-up call may be in order, won't be voting for her for the first time. Still shaking my head at how bad that was. With all that bashing said, in the big picture, there is no way Jordis should be going home before Deanna. No way, will be shocked if it happens.

Booted: Jessica Robinson (9,13,10,10,9,8) – Will be missing those belly shirts but her ouster was a little overdue. Still don’t think she is better than Tara or Heather, hotter yes, but not as talented. She’s a thousand times more talented than a dreamer in the shower, but I don’t see her as much more then a bar room singer.

As always … I showed you mine, now you show me yours.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 cycles2k 08-24-05 1
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 Majic Mitch 08-24-05 2
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 CattyChat 08-24-05 3
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 weltek 08-24-05 4
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 Wacko Jacko 08-24-05 8
       RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 true 08-24-05 10
           RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 Majic Mitch 08-24-05 12
           RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 Wacko Jacko 08-24-05 13
               RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 weltek 08-24-05 17
                   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 cheesybread 08-24-05 28
               RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 cheesybread 08-24-05 29
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 Glow 08-24-05 5
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 brvnkrz 08-24-05 6
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 weltek 08-24-05 18
       RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 brvnkrz 08-24-05 32
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 true 08-24-05 7
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 AndrewTN 08-24-05 9
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 true 08-24-05 11
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 Glow 08-24-05 15
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 Wacko Jacko 08-24-05 24
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 dreamerbeliever 08-25-05 33
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 me144 08-24-05 14
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 Lisapooh 08-24-05 16
   Encore weltek 08-24-05 19
       RE: Encore Wacko Jacko 08-24-05 23
   RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 Glow 08-24-05 20
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 geg6 08-24-05 21
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 riverrocker 08-24-05 22
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 Hoobie 08-24-05 25
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 photokitty 08-24-05 26
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 seahorse 08-24-05 27
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 shanana banana 08-24-05 30
 RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7 tinybubs 08-24-05 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-24-05, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
My 2 cents (in order of personal preference):

1) Mig: (Up from 2) Because Marty and Jordis did not do well. I thought he did alright. The song was not great but it was his first live performance of it. He should have mentionned that the band helped with the arrangement if he wanted to impress INXS. They like that.

2) Marty: (Down). For a return to the real Marty, it did not strike me as a step up from the unreal Marty we saw the last two weeks. Next week will tell if he takes direction from INXS.

3) Jordis: (unchanged). I was disappointed with her performance but hey, she gave it a shot and it was nice to see that she is human. A few missed notes are nothing compared to some we have seen. I think her fan following will keep her in the top 3.

4) Suzie: (Up): Underrated and talented. The water works in every episode costs her votes so the chance of her making the bottom three are high.

5) JD: (Up) I find him irritating but it was an excellent performance that reminded me of the talent he demonstrated when he sang Hand In My Pocket in week 2. JD needs to concentrate more on singing and less on the "competition" and all that speaking during his performance.

6) Ty: Great version of Proud Mary and nice touch to bring in the ladies for backup. He is so far removed from INXS that I just don't see him winning. I think the Jordis fans will kick in and send Ty to the bottom three.

7) Deanna: Enjoyable performance but not exceptional. She is a likable lady but bottom three for sure.

Booted: Jessica. Sure thing to go.

So my predictions for bottom 3 are: Deanna, Suzie and Ty. I would have predicted Ty to go home but think he saved himself with Proud Mary so I'll go with Deanna.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-24-05, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
My observations:

Week seven performances have come and gone. Have your feelings of admiration for some or loathing for others been changed? Time to fess up. Who are you diggin’ and whom would like to help show the door too?

1. J.D. Fortune - Awesome, and INXS loves him. I'll make a prediction that he will be in the final two standing.

2. Suzie McNeil – Her performance was dead on. She won't win the thing, but I have a feeling she'll last a few more weeks.

3. Mig Ayesa - Should not have done an original. Some aspects were pleasing others were not, but at least he took a risk.

4. Ty Taylor - Performance was alright. I think I just have a personality conflict with Ty, I don't like him.

5. Deanna Johnston - Another original, Song and Performance were Okay, but boring. Another personality I don't really like.

6. Marty Casey – Too much, screaming. The comment INXS made about was he right for their band. The first time Marty is in th bottom three, he's going home.

7. Jordis Unga - Dang girl, that was awful. I love that song,and she tore it up. I've never really understood what the big deal about Jordis was. The last few performances have been so below par. I think when they reveal to her and the group that she was in the bottom three, maybe she'll take the hint and get back to basics and not be so ambitious with her voice.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-05 AT 09:03 AM (EST)

1. J.D. – Great job!! As INXS said, he is the only one taking risks from week 2 week (usually with good results, but not always) & he is one of the very few who is listening to what INXS & Dave are saying. Can't wait to hear his original song.

2. Suzie - Another terrific performance from Suzie. She does not deserve to be in the bottom 3 this week, last week, the week before. Looking forward to hearing her orig. song that she is so excited about.

3. Ty – The last of the great performances last night. The top 3 was tight in my view. I have always loved Ty throughout this (not 4 INXS tho) but he is getting more over-the-top theatrical every week & needs to reel himself in.

4. Deanna – Never has Deanna been this high on my list. Still not a fan, because she is too limited by her range & sound, BUT her orig song WAS better than MiG's, her performance of it was great & it did suit her voice.

5. MiG – Credit for taking the risk of performing an original song, unfortunately it was very boring, safe, sugary. MiG is one of the rockers who is not listening to what INXS is telling him.

6. Marty – He slaughtered a great song. Basically all he was doing was screaming frantically. Absolutely terrible & deserving of the bottom 3 this week. Also, Marty is the #1 offender of not listening to INXS to break out of this same style. They stressed that with giving him Hit Me Baby & he could have arranged it many diff ways, but instead did the same dark, grunge style. Unless he performs his INXS song well, I think he is gone as soon as he is in the bottom 3.

7. Jordis – 2 weeks ago, the queen faltered, last week stumbling & now, she fell flat on her arse. She used to be my fave female & I don't know what happened - did she get too comfortable? Jordis is great in her safe zone, but once she ventures out of that, we see her major weaknesses. I also see her losing her drive every week. I really don't think she wants this as bad as others. It will be a travesty if she escapes the bottom 3 this week. She shouldn't go home just yet, but needs to be in the bottom.

Bottom 3: Marty, Jordis (deservingly) & Deanna. Major upset will be Marty going home.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-05, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
1. J.D. Back in the top spot after moving down a few notches in the last few weeks. I never really liked Cold as Ice until last night. He punched it up and sounded like a pro. I think, hands down, he's the best fit for INXS.

2. Marty. I love that song & he did a good job with it. I agree that less screaming and more singing is needed from him. My favorite performance was when he actually SANG Mr. Brightside.

3. Deanna. I don't think Deanna has ever made it out of my bottom two. I thought her song was great & delivery was really good. For the first time, I thought she looked great, too. However, I still don't think she's a good fit for INXS.

4. Ty. He had so much fun with that song & the girls were a great addition. He's talented in many ways, I just don't think he's a good fit for the band.

5. Suzie. I was just ok with her performance until she did the stage dive. I loved that. She is getting more and more comfortable on stage. I think she'd be a ROCKIN' country singer, however isn't rockin enough for a rock n' roll band.

6. Mig. Ack, what was that? Winger's rejected video performance? The song sounded like an 80's hair band, the vocal was cheesy & the outfit was bad (sorry Dave, can't agree with you there).

7. Jordis. Wow, she butchered that far worse than JD did We are the Champions. Like really butchered it. The band was too kind.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-24-05, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
1. JD - hands down the best performance. He not only can sing but he has great takes on classic songs.

2. Ty - I still don't get why others keep saying he is not right for INXs. He has soul and INXs has soul. Really only Ty and Jordis have shown any soul. I think you guys don't think Ty is not right for one or more of the following reasons: his mohawk, his tongue, or he is black. None should matter. And I am not saying anyone is racist. Actually at first I was thinking that Ty would not win because he is black and has a mohawk. It was more about the current INXs fan base excepting him. But he has so much talent I would take him in a second. He works in my opinion.

3. MiG - Only MiG and JD are safe for sure this week. I thought he was ok...nothing great but he could work with INXs. Song selection has me kinda guessing though. I want to hear something in the style of INXs. May have to wait til he is in the bottom three.

4. Suzie - not a big fan of hers. Didn't think Start Me Up worked totally. But she actually moved this week and she was playing the audience well. Not to mention looked like she was having fun and gave it her all.

5. Deanna - Performance was ok. I enjoyed it, but she just aint right for INXs. Will probably go home this week.

6. Marty - Ok, the performance of the song was entertaining. I enjoyed it. But I thought geezo Marty...do you only know one style? I have seen that how many times? Do you not understand that INXs is not grunge? That INXs is not about screaming. And Marty plays to comfort zones which is not good. INXs is now noticing this and unless he totally changes it up he is gone soon. Actually isn't this Fans choice week? If so that could hurt Marty because all his songs nominations are grunge. WAKE UP MARTY!

7. Jordis - only truly bad performance from yesterday. Sounded bad AI and was sing songy and was missing notes. Just not good.

Final three will probably be Deanna, Suzy and Ty. I hope not...Deanna, Marty and Jordis deserve it.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
I think you guys don't think Ty is not right for one or more of the following reasons: his mohawk, his tongue, or he is black.

I can think of quite a few more reasons. How about his big, goofy, cartoon character grin? How about his over the top, cruise ship style performances? How about those plaid pants!? He always looks like he's dressed up in some costume, and his personality comes across as a big faker. How about his annoying way that he tries to take over everything (group song writing, and Deanna's original song) he's ivolved in? I could go on...

None should matter.

Why the heck not? Even INXS has said, on more than one occasion, that it isn't ALL about vocals. (and Ty's have not been perfect)

And I am not saying anyone is racist.

Sorry, but I kinda think you did.

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-24-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Not to continually bash Ty, BUT, the way he looks off in the distance and bats his eyes, kinda makes me cringe. I can listen to him, I just don't wanna watch him.

08-24-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-05 AT 10:28 AM (EST)

Read my comments again. No, I did not.

With Ty...I rarely hear people criticize his performance. it's always some nitpicky thing. Can you change his hear style? Yes.
Can you change some of his nervous habits (tingue wagging, stares)? Yes. Can you change his pants that you do not like? Yes.

Look beyond that stuff. He is the ONLY one with the soul that INXs needs. You have grungers, classic rockers, Melissa Ethridge, etc. But Ty is the only one that has SOUL...with the possible exception of Jordis and JD...but Ty has more soul. I guess what changed me over on Ty was when he performed Kick in the bottom three. He did that song about as good as Michael used to. Of those who have been in the bottom three....Ty was the only one that might possibly work as the new INXS singer.

08-24-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Unfortunately I think Ty's soul gets overidden by his cheese factor. Those are hard to reconcile, IMHO.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-24-05, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
True, True.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-24-05, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"

His personality reminds me of Mona Lisa Vito in My cousin Vinny. (with brooklyn accent), "I think when I'm out there, an' doing my thing out there, I'm gonna be really great."

I don't know why....

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
I missed Deanna's and most of Ty's performances last night. I can't give a fair list of all 7 but I can judge the 5 I saw.

1. JD - I was falling in love with him through that whole performance. That was incredible to watch and listen to.
2. Suzie - She just gets better and better. If she is in the bottom three this week, something is terribly wrong.
3. MiG - I like that he had the balls showed the courage to do a song that he believed in even when others didn't. Plus, I thought it was pretty good.
4. Marty - I love him. Too intense for INXS though. (and no, I do not love him nearly as much as I love Neal)
5. Jordis - That was far and away the absolute worst performance I have seen on this show. Including Dana's 10 minute yowl. I don't think she should go home but if she isn't in the bottom three, something is terribly wrong.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
I don't know that I can rank them this week. I thought all did a great job, except Jordis. Which bums me out because I absolutely love her. So, let's see.......based on performance, not personal preference.

1. J.D. who I despise. His arrogance doesn't work for me.
2. Deanna, I really enjoyed her original
3. Ty, I am not a huge fan of his though.
4. Suzie. I thought she belted this out pretty well
5. Mig. I liked Deanna's better though
6. Marty. I find him hypnotic. Sort of a David Bowie/Marilyn Manson mix. I become fixated on him when he sings.
7. Jordis. It makes me sad to have to place her here.

You are forever changed when you find a true friend

08-24-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
I agree, I get fixated on Marty, but I'm not always sure why.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Yes, that's the thing. I don't know why. I just find that I can't stop staring at him.

You are forever changed when you find a true friend

08-24-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
1.Suzie-Exciting performance and perfect vocals. She has not deserved bottom 3 the last couple weeks. Hopefully, she'll escape the bottom this week, and get the encore. She deserves it.

2. JD- I really don't like that song, but he did it well. He has so much charisma, and he oozes sex appeal.

3. Marty- Yeah, the faces he makes scare the crap out of me, but somehow, I find him strangely appealing when he gets all angry. I could understand the criticisms from INXS, but this guy is fun to watch perform. Plus, he's one of the few men that look great in eyeliner.

4. Mig- I didn't care for his original song, but I give him props for having the guts to go for it. He's also adorable.

5. Deanna- She did well with her original song. I liked it more than Mig's but something about her bothers me. This braless bobbler is not right for INXS.

6. Ty- Can't.Stand.Him. I can't pin down why exactly, but Ty makes my skin crawl. He's had a couple of good weeks, but overall, I think he's annoying to watch, and so not right for INXS. I think he should go this week. Blech.

7. Jordis- This is the third week in a row that she has absolutly sucked. Dream On was, by far, the worst perfomance of the season so far, and Jordis deserves to be bottom 3, although I fear she may slide by this week. Too bad, I'd like to hear her perform an INXS song under some pressure. It seems like she is the most nervous performer of the group.

I missed Jessica last night. While she may not have been right for INXS, she gave some great performances at the end, and I think she was better than a few that are left.

AndrewTN 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-24-05, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AndrewTN Click to send private message to AndrewTN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-05 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

Oops...sorry for the edits.

First time posting. Have resisted forming too much of an opinion early without giving everyone a fair chance to show what they can do.

For me it's between 2 people. JD & Mig. Of the performances last night only JD really impressed me.

Deanna - Limited ability. Not star material. Bores me to be honest and don't like her stage presence and the way she minces around the stage. Her song last night was nothing new.

Marty - Should be auditioning to be the new Creed singer not for INXS! The guy is too intense and wierd. Last night he just was over psyched. It was awkward to watch. Every week we have seen the same from him. Who cast him from the auditions? Was it just to maybe interest some of the kids into the grungier sound?

Susie - She's ok. She looks too average and doesn't sing much better. Her image is a turn off. I have no interest in watching her.

Ty - I wanted to like him. The very first week he impressed with his vocals. There is no doubt he has a powerful voice. But…watching him is another thing. I just can't see him fronting a rock band. Put him on a stage in Vegas covering classics and he'll be entertaining.

Jordis - Oh dear what a disaster last night. Brave choice but surely she knew it was beyond her ability? She started this whole audition so strongly. Impressed the first few weeks with some strong performances…or was it that the other girls were that much weaker? I think I like her. Would be interesting to see her front her own band with their own music. Not an INXS singer though.

So what about Mig & JD?

Mig's song was ok I guess for what 24 hours worth of work? Everyone made a fuss about not having enough time etc but since they have been performing for years did they not have a decent song they already wrote that they could have pulled out? Also, surely they must have expected this would happen so why have they not been writing while in the house?Disappointed that we didn't get to hear JD do an original because as Tim said I think he is the only one out of the group that really 'gets it'. He appears to understand music.

I have been an INXS fan from the beginning when I was a teenager. Still listen to their cd's on a regular basis so was excited to hear about this show. Now I am somewhat disappointed that this is the best they were able to find. When MH died it was a sad day. The guy had a talent as a front man. He had charisma, he had soul but most of all he was a Star. He had everything needed to front a band that was destined to become huge internationally. I remember meeting him one time at a private party after one of Prince's London shows. At the time he was dating Kylie Minogue and everybody wanted a piece of them. Photo's, autographs, time and attention. He was the real deal. A true rock star that had an aura around him but enough mystique to catch your attention. I don't see any of the contestants ever being that….except…maybe…JD. I've enjoyed watching some of Mig's performances but there is just something missing for me. JD on the other hand is the one I find myself waiting to see. He needs some work that's for sure but I think he is captivating enough on that stage to be a success in this position. His vocals will clearly improve further with the right coaching and working with the band….it's amazing how touring for a year strengthens your vocals. His stage presence is better than any of the others. Ok so he was bad when he did Queen the other week but it's not fair to hold that against him again and again since all the others have had stinkers also. There is also a dark mysterious side to him that is intriguing. I want to see more of him.

I'd say give Deanna & Marty the boot tonight and lets get serious about this. Let's see what they can all do with INXS tunes and some more originals….enough of the Stones covers and such…that has already weeded out 8 ordinary performers.

For what it's worth I have very diverse musical influences. On any given day I might listen to anything ranging from Slayer or Pantera to Cinderella or Poison, John Lee Hooker or Stevie Ray Vaughn to Garth Brooks or Kenny Chesney, Prince to Rolling Stones, Beastie Boys to Creed or Linkin Park to Green Day to name a few. I've been to countless shows but in all of those would say I've only seen a few actual 'Rock Stars'….Micheal Hutchence was one of those few and will be a hard act to follow.

08-24-05, 10:09 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
C'mon Andrew, tell us what you really think.

08-24-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Sounds like you opened up my CD cabinet. Welcome to the boards, Andrew. Great first post!

08-24-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
I agree with almost everything you said. Great, first post.

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-05, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Yep I concur, great first post! Always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when a thread of mine brings a lurker out into the light

BTW, my very first post on these boards was also in a Love List thread, so you're in good company. Can't wait to read your thoughts for next week.

me144 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail me144 Click to send private message to me144 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
1. Mig - His song wasn't great, wasn't terrible, but I still love Mig and give him great credit for performing a song he wrote on his own in such a short time.

2. Marty - Admittedly, Marty seems to always perform in the same style, but really, most of the others do also. And I happen to love Marty's style. Loved his performance, but gave Mig tops for writing his own song.

3. Ty - I thought Ty did great. Loved the "backup singers". He really puts on a good show and I like his voice. I liked how enthusiastic he was about helping Deanna with her song.

4./5.

- Deanna - Liked her performance, like her style. Not sure how much input she actually had into the song.

- Suzie - Great voice, better performance, but she still doesn't really do anything for me. Hopefully she'll get a break from the bottom three though.

6. JD - I really dislike JD and don't find his performances or appearance appealing whatsoever. Am not getting the sexy comments at all.

7. Jordis - I LOVE Steven Tyler and Aerosmith, and although Dream On is not one of my favorites of theirs, this made it really painful for me to watch. Extra painful. I like Jordis, loved her at the beginning. Still rooting for her, but that was horrible.

Prediction for bottom 3: Deanna, Suzie, and ??? Hard to say because I think the rest have pretty entrenched fan bases. I will be surprised if Deanna doesn't go home tonight.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
1. I've ragged on Suzie in the past, but the last few weeks she's been awesome. I'm officially converted. Looked great, sounded great, awesome energy and presence. She deserves to stay around awhile.

2. Deanna - another performer I have loathed in the past. She's very comfortable in what she does and who she is. That makes her fun to watch. She's not right for INXS in any way, shape or form, but I really liked her last night.

3. JD - I hate JD hate hate hate him. But you have to give it up for him when it's deserved. he was great last night. JD is a vile egomaniac. I used to think he annoyed me because he was so clearly mimicing Michael's stage moves. Now I think he bugs me because he reminds me of a male prostitute. He strikes me as a total hustler who would do anything to get what he wants. He needs to form his own band called midnight cowboy cause that is what he is.

4. Ty - liked the performance a lot. But Ty is back to being his poseur self. It's not genuine and his ego is getting the best of him.

5. MiG - just not a good week for him. Still think he's a great fit for the band - the song sucked though. It sounded like an American Idol song.

6. Jordis - how the mighty have fallen. She's starting to believe her hype I think. She's so talented though but there's this hint of arrogance in her. It's affecting her performances (three off weeks in a row - come ON) she needs to step it up. As talented as she is - she's not right for INXS and if she shows up in the bottom three, they might take it as their only legitimate shot of getting rid of her.

7. Marty - killed a kick-ass song. Just murdered it. And the black toenail polish is over dude. Needs depserately to stretch creatively. He doesn't strike me as being such an intense, joyless wank in his real life, why is he so doggedly so in his stage life? Lighten up Francis.

encore: Suzie
bottom three: Deanna, Jordis, toss up of JD/Ty
bootee: Deanna

08-24-05, 11:06 AM (EST)
19. "Encore"
You bring up a good point...who was encore worthy this week? I think JD, Suzie & Deanna are the only contenders.

They might give it to Deanna because it may be her only chance to do an original...given they'll probably boot her.

JD had a really solid performance & was hoping to grab the band & remind them he's good. They might give it to him to say "we noticed."

Suzie is an INXS favorite & she was good last night. It's a fun song. they know she needs an ego boost.

After deliberation with myself, I agree that Suzie will get the encore.

08-24-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Encore"
Encore will be JD. They will not give the encore to someone in the bottom three and Deanna and Suzie will be there. The bands comments to JD after he finished cemented the encore in my opinion.

08-24-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Your comments on Jordis are spot on. (You did misplace her by one though.) I usually attract to the arrogant ones but her arrogance isn't attracting me at all.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Well, well, the weaknesses are starting to show. Interesting night.

1) JD - OMG, that was hot, hot, hot. If they don't pick this guy, they're crazy. I absolutely detest Foreigner and he made me love that song. Plus, if you don't get his sex appeal after last night, you just don't get it at all. Whoa!

2) Suzie - I was very sceptical of her ability to do that song because, let's face it, Mick Jagger she is not. But she did a damn fine job of it and the performance made up for any weaknesses.

3) Ty - Excellent vocals on the song and nice choice to get the women up there for backup. Only complaint is that he didn't really do anything differently or better (as if!) than Tina and I wasn't wild about all the posing.

4) Deanna - Compared to the other original, that was very good. Not great, but good. Can't see her winning this in any way, shape, or form.

5) Marty - I love that Live song and he did a decent imitation. Not a good one, certainly not a great one. But imitation it definitely was. And I just heard the song on the radio and Live doesn't scream it. So, quit screaming, Marty. Oh, and please change it up from the grunge. INXS is not a grunge band.

6) MiG - Just showed me what I thought of him all along. Not a very strong voice, which surprises me since he wrote the song. You'd think he'd write to his strengths. Now let's turn to the song. On second thought, let's not. Hokiest, stupidest thing I've ever heard.

7) Jordis - Oh, how the mighty have fallen! Two not-very-good performances the last two weeks. Now this debacle. Steven Tyler should sue.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-24-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Well, I really 'wanted' Jordis to knock 'em dead.....but she flopped. Oh well.

So my "new" list is:

1. Mig, just great in my books
2. Ty, wish he wouldn't stick out his tongue when he sings
3. Marty, I like his 'sound'--but it really isn't INXS
4. Suzie, works so hard at it; that's gotta count for something
5. Jordis, even though she bombed, I think she does have talent
6. Deanna, needs to go; I don't like her voice
7. JD, absolutely can NOT stand anything about him--but he is my hubby's favorite of all of them!

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
1. JD - he is phenomenal. Can't say enough wonderful things about him. I am not the type to place my favorite first if he didn't actually deserve it. Like some of the others: I hate Foreigner and hate that song, but what he did was magic. I was absolutely swooning during his performance though. JD is it!

BIG GAP

2. Deanna - good performance, nice outfit, catchy song
3. Marty - he is mesmerizing but far too grungy
4. Ty - liked the back-up singer addition, hate his goofy grin. Glad he did Tina's version and not CCRs.
5. Jordis - really...it only went downhill after that bad note, which she should not have even attempted
6. Suzie - I can't stand her skunk hair, and dumb giggle after every performance. I really think only men should attempt to mimic Mick (this, coming from a woman)
7. MiG - all I could keep thinking about during his performance was "Highway to the Danger Zone". Also - even when he wsa jumping around, he seemed lackluster, not getting his vibe this week.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-24-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Usually, when I vote for the rockers, I spread the love. I vote for many singers, many times. If I don't vote for someone at all, it's only one or two people. Not this week. This week I only voted this way: twice for Suzie, twice for Ty. That pretty much illustrates how I feel about the performances last night. I don't know which one of those two should get the encore, if the show even does that this week.

TY: Another great performance--he gets the edge for bringing in the back-up chix and for his work with Deanna. He's powerful, soulful, and I think he'd be great with INXS. I think people forget just how funky and soulful INXS is. He's certainly got the chops. Maybe the people who "can't see him" as their new front man simply lack imagination.

SUZIE: She's got soooouuuullll, baby! (Someone says she's country--but I see soul, which is sort of the opposite, isn't it?) Another solid, excellent, and most likely, underrated performance. BUT I thought her dancing with the guitarist was still a bit tentative--she needs to really shake it, or not. Don't do this shy, in between stuff. Vocally, she and Ty are the ones who could actually front INXS. I'm talking range and power and funk, here.

JD: OK, based on his performance, I should have voted for him. But I just didn't want to.

DEANNA: She looked extremely hot last night, and sounded good. I liked her (and Ty's) song, but I wish she hadn't told us her sad tale. Tim was eating it up, though. I think he's hot for her, and will shed more than one tear when he finally boots her.

MARTY: Dude. Calm down. I was so glad to hear one of the guys actually say to him, "less screaming, more singing." That song has some quiet, melodic parts that he didn't do justice. I usually like Marty, and thought he was going to be in the final 3, but now, I'm not so sure. I wish Suzie had sung this instead of Marty.

MIG: His song was boring and forgettable. His voice is THIN, I tell you! THIN! But, he's nice, and he's cute, with an elfin quality.

JORDIS: Oh Honey... She could have done something wonderful on this song. *sigh* I was annoyed with her for taking liberties with the Dylan song, and now I'm annoyed with her for NOT changing the Aerosmith song. I know, I'm a conundrum.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
Cumulative liking

1. Mig
2. Jordis
3. Marty
4. Suzie
5. JD
6. Ty
7. Deanna

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-05 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

1. MiG (1) Always will be my number one. He never disappoints. Looked fantastic this week and I loved the original song.

2. JD (2) His "Cold As Ice" was very good, but not great. He seemed a little off this week to me, but I still really enjoy him as a performer.

3. Deanna(6) Moves way up this week because I loved her original song (even though Ty did most of it) and I loved her performance of it and I thought she looked amazing.

4. Jordis (4) She was absolutely horrible this week but I still think she's a very talented singer. And she looked good this week too -- usually she has little to no style.

5. Ty (5) His enthusiasm is infectious but I feel rather ambivalent about him overall.

6. Marty (3) His Nirvana impression for four straight weeks is starting to wear thin. He needs to vary his musical selection FAST.

7. Susie (7) I hate to put Susie last because I think she's a good singer, a nice person, but she bores me on stage. I can't get past it. At least her hair looks good.

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Rock Star Love List: week 7"
1. Suzie - been my #1 for awhile and no reason to drop down her this week. I keep hearing she has that soccer mom thing going, okay where do I sign up to play? I think she is just roit for Are Bend: INXS

2. MiG - I liked his song. I'm more into music and melody than I am lyrics, thought it was done well. Another one who is roit for Are Bend.

3. Deanna - I liked her song also. She and Ty seem to be the best at connecting with the audience, but for her its only when she's rocking hard. Not roit for Are Bend, but fun to watch perform.

4. Ty - When he is on he is fun to watch. I agree with some that say he is probably not roit for Are Bend, too much theater, but he is entertaining. Big props to the girls for singing backup.

5. Marty - He drops big this week on my list. Tired of the one-style wonder, and it sounded like INXS is also. He is great at what he does, but its gotten old for me. He's so quiet and reserved off stage and such a maniac on it, an interesting guy.

6. J.D. - Did a good job this week on his song, but I'm afraid his antics and poor performances in the past leave him towards the bottom. Still think that INXS should hire him to do arrangements for the winner.

7. Jordis - Third poor performance in a row. I hate to see those kind of things happen to someone on a National Show, so I won't pile on the negatives. If she leaves I wish her well, and if she stays I hope she can turn it around.

I enjoyed most of the performances last night, so its tough to predict a bottom three. I think people are voting for the full body of work or their favorites instead of a single performance, so I think it will be the usual suspects.

My bottom 3 prediction is: Deanna, Ty, and Suzie. Ty is my pick to go this week.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •