The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"From the Horses' mouth"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-26-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"From the Horses' mouth"
Someone referenced a live chat INXS (Tim & Kirk) did (sorry I forget who to give credit.) I found the link finally.

http://rockstar.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=58650

(I assume you are all junkies like me and saw there's going to be a chat with John & Garry next Wed on www.rockstar.msn.com.)

Interesting tidbits from the AU chat:
________
MiG-29 asks: Is it possible that you would choose a female singer and if so, would it be a problem changing key and other aspects for songs you have already written?
Kirk: Absolutely. We started this with eight female singers. We are completely open to that. And yes, it would create some issues with keys but hey, we're musicians and we can sort that out with no problems.
Tim: It does seem though from the voting, that we may have to surprise people because it seems people are trying to tell us they can't imagine us with a female singer. But you never know.

frances asks: Do you find it frustrating when you offer the contestants advice to improve their performance and they don't take it?
Kirk: Not really because that also shows a strength and belief on who they are. That is also what we are looking for.
Tim: Sometimes the criticism we give them is testing their mettle and strength of character. You have to be careful, because our comments often influence the voting.

loveinxsalways asks: Did you expect the public following to be as huge as it is?
Tim: Always hoping, but it's a lovely surprise with the show being such a success. Sure, you get your knockers, but the positives far, far outweigh the knockers. The show and the singers seem to polarise people. At least we are not giving out vanilla. This is rock and roll, love it or hate it, no in-betweens.
lyndal asks: Kirk, do you guys take much note of behind-the-scene going ons, such as JD's attempt at overriding the others. After all, you would have to work with him. Does this come into the final decision on who you would pick?
Kirk: Absolutely. That was one of the main ideas of the show. In putting them all in a house together it brings out their true personalities and how they work and relate with other people.

Benjamin asks: Why don't you guys play as the backing band when the performers do INXS tunes?
Kirk: Obviously you're not watching the show because apart from last week and the first couple of episodes members of the band have got up and performed the INXS songs in the elimination shows.
Tim: As Tim the Eliminator, we cannot play with any singer as a band because that's the prize. Individual people can get up and play but I personally have a problem with playing with someone I'm about to eliminate from the show. It's hard enough as it is.

Hope this wasn't too long or maybe I shoulda put them as seperate threads.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: From the Horses' mouth photokitty 08-27-05 1
   RE: From the Horses' mouth Tamena 08-27-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-27-05, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: From the Horses' mouth"
No! It's not too long! It was very interesting. Thanks so much for taking the time to put that up. It answered some questions I had...
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-27-05, 06:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: From the Horses' mouth"
Post appreciation here too =)
thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •