The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"marty"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

stella1510 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-24-05, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stella1510 Click to send private message to stella1510 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"marty"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-05 AT 09:26 AM (EST)

last night... inxs comment to Marty was bang on. That guy doesn't need inxs to be sucessful. We will hear more from him I am sure. Any more Marty fans??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: marty brainerd 08-24-05 1
   RE: marty Iam_Xtreme 08-24-05 2
       RE: marty seahorse 08-24-05 11
 RE: marty me144 08-24-05 3
   RE: marty cycles2k 08-24-05 4
       RE: marty Loree 08-24-05 6
           RE: marty Wacko Jacko 08-24-05 7
               RE: marty weltek 08-24-05 8
               RE: marty photokitty 08-24-05 9
                   RE: marty Wacko Jacko 08-24-05 10
                       RE: marty photokitty 08-27-05 14
 RE: marty riverrocker 08-24-05 5
   RE: marty 2attached2realtv 08-26-05 13
 RE: marty Loree 08-24-05 12
   RE: marty Bravegirl 08-27-05 15
 RE: marty Cassandra 08-28-05 16
   RE: marty rose1970 08-28-05 17
       RE: marty leianawd 08-29-05 18
 Marty and Hit Me Baby One More Time bystander 08-29-05 19
   RE: Marty and Hit Me Baby One More ... rose1970 08-29-05 20
       RE: Marty and Hit Me Baby One More ... bystander 08-30-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brainerd 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brainerd Click to send private message to brainerd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: marty"
I think it was just a nice way of telling him that he is NOT right for INxS. Believe Marty is too introverted for this particular band. So to pay him respect, they told him Marty, you don;t need inxs to be sucessful.

However... if Nirvana ever held the same type of show to front their band..... Marty would be the perfect fit.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Iam_Xtreme 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-24-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iam_Xtreme Click to send private message to Iam_Xtreme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: marty"
I love Marty! I agree 100% that he is better suited for a band like Nirvanna. I hope that something great comes out of this experience for him as I would love to hear more of him!

Signature Created By: tribephyl

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-05, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: marty"
I alsolike Marty, but he is probably not suited for the band's style.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

me144 45 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail me144 Click to send private message to me144 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: marty"
I love Marty. I don't mind that most of his performances are in the same style b/c I love his style. I think he'll be fine either way (although I still think he has a shot at winning) - his supporters have done a good job of getting the name of his band out there - the Lovehammers! - and I'll be on the lookout for them after.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-24-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: marty"
Until last night I would have disagreed with the posts here and suggested that Marty had as much chance as winning as Mig. I now realize that Marty's unique style is not "pop" enough for INXS.

If he wants the job he had better change his style. If not, he should just keep doing what he is doing and get the Lovehammer's name out there. I think he has a few more weeks to promote his band.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: marty"
I think INXS has been trying to tell Marty this for weeks. Change it up and show us something else. They even went to the extreme of giving him a Britney Spears song to lighten him up. But our Marty found a way to make that his same old style. He either isn't listening or doesn't have the confidence to step out of his mould. I think INXS has realized "he is not roit for their band INXS" and he will be booted if he ever ends up in the bottom 3.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-24-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: marty"
Yep, that is why I hated his Britney Spears cover. Others on here went on and on how great it was and to me just showed he is one dimensional.

I find it funny that INXS had an opportunity to get on Marty for his song selections. Marty was asked (just yesterday) about his song selections and he said he likes the more modern music because he wants to take INXs in a more modern vision that he sees that is what INXs wants. Then one of the INXS members says - "Good answer!". What kinda mixed vibes sending is that???

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: marty"
I agree with all of you. I've enjoyed Marty more and more, but he's turning out to be single-minded in his music style. That's fine if he really doesn't want to be part of INXS. On one hand, I can really admire that he won't compromise his style. On the other, why is he here?

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-24-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: marty"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-05 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

>Then one of the INXS
>members says - "Good answer!".
> What kinda mixed vibes
>sending is that???

It WAS a good answer. That doesn't mean that INXS agrees with that answer.

Maybe they don't want to go down the road Marty wants to take them. Maybe they don't agree with Marty's assessment of what is "modern."

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-24-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: marty"
Maybe they said Good Answer because Marty just made their decision easier to eliminate him. Wasn't it Kirk who said good answer and Kirk who said Marty may not be good for INXS?

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-05, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: marty"

Hmm. Yeah. Maybe.

It was Tim who said "Good answer."

Kirk said to Marty something like "You do what you do so well; I'm just trying to work out how it fits with INXS."

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: marty"
Well, count me among the Marty fans...but his isn't really the INXS 'sound.' He's very, very good, and I think he will go far in rock--I like his sound!--but I don't think it will be with INXS.

2attached2realtv 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-26-05, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 2attached2realtv Click to send private message to 2attached2realtv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: marty"
I'm trying not to get too worked up about the possibility the Marty won't win. Until I started reading some posts about what people dislike about Marty, I thought everyone must love him as much as I do.
So, I have to accept the fact that Marty may not win over INXS, but he is a star and INXS will be kicking themselves for years to come for passing on him!

Marty Rocks!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: marty"
I've heard Marty's bandmates from his band were in the audience for the show. That is one of the reasons Marty was quite upset with INXS's reaction to his song. His bandmates were the ones that caught Suzi when she did her stage dive.

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-27-05, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: marty"
I LOVE Marty! IMHO, I think Marty is far too talented to front INXS. But then I'm not a big INXS fan. But Marty's style is so far removed from their style that he just would not fit in with them. Actually, I would be very upset if Marty did win this competition I think that his talent would be wasted fronting INXS. To me as a lead singer, he is of the same caliber as Mick Jagger. Personally, I would LOVE to see Marty hook up with the House Band. They would make one dynamite Rock n Roll Band!

Cassandra 46 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cassandra Click to send private message to Cassandra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: marty"
Marty just blew me away this week with "Don't Change". I got goosebumps, not kidding. I've liked him in other weeks, esp. Mr. Brightside, but this was my favorite performance of anyone, bar none, since the show started. Amazing.

If he can sing more INXS songs like this, I would absolutely love for him to win and see them live and I'd pay $20 to contradict an earlier posting.

Go, Marty, go.

rose1970 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-28-05, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose1970 Click to send private message to rose1970 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: marty"
marty is my favorite

there isn't a week that goes by that he doesn't give it 110%.
I think Marty will be wonderful for Inxs. Being a big Inxs fan, I would be thrilled that Marty could be their lead singer. When he sang that Inxs song and did perfectly..and they LOVED him should tell everyone he's their first choice.
who would they pick J.D. please ..i think not!!!!!!!!!!!!

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-29-05, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: marty"
Marty is amongst my favorites on the show and he never seems to fail me. I don't think he should change I think he should just make it on his own with his band of course and maybe that was the real reason for even doing this show,for the exposure. I love his style and it rocks so much that he seems like such a quiet person and then he hits the stage and its like damn who is this person? My favorite performance was when he did "Take Me Out" I just can't get that out of my mind.

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-29-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Marty and Hit Me Baby One More Time"
Ok, so I'm watching the Freaky Friday remake with Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis and during the movie what do I hear???? I hear Marty's version of Brittney Spear's Hit Me Baby One More Time. It was performed by Bowling for Soup. So, all of you who think Marty did a great re-arangement of this song can forget it cause he didn't re-do anything. He copied from someone else.

rose1970 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-29-05, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose1970 Click to send private message to rose1970 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Marty and Hit Me Baby One More Time"
I can't imagine that Marty got that idea from a Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis movie..I think any of them would of change it. None of them would of sang it like Brittany spears. There all rockers so they would of sang it like a rock song.....???

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-30-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Marty and Hit Me Baby One More Time"
I didn't say he got it from the movie, he most likely heard the Bowling for Soup version, somewhere, not necessarily from the movie. It just happened to be in the movie and his rendition sounded exactly the same! Coincidence? I think not.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •