The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Completely changed your mind?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-05, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Completely changed your mind?"
Day one of this show seems so long ago. Which rockers have you changed your mind about since the first few weeks?

Unchanged: JD & Jordis were always tops in my mind. Still not sure Jordis can rock INXS songs though. Maybe we'll see tonight.

Like more now: Mig & Marty (although Mig might start slipping back if he can't do original rock better. And I've grown to like Marty, but still don't think INXS is his thing)

Creeping up: Suzie (but I still think she'd do country better)

Like less now: Ty (he hasn't adapted to INXS stylings as well as I'd hoped)

Never liked: Deanna (but I did enjoy last night's performance)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Completely changed your mind? vonvon 08-24-05 1
 RE: Completely changed your mind? true 08-24-05 2
 RE: Completely changed your mind? Majic Mitch 08-24-05 3
 RE: Completely changed your mind? Loree 08-24-05 4
 RE: Completely changed your mind? me144 08-24-05 5
 RE: Completely changed your mind? calamityc 08-24-05 6
 RE: Completely changed your mind? dragonflies 08-24-05 7
   RE: Completely changed your mind? Wacko Jacko 08-24-05 8
   RE: Completely changed your mind? Iam_Xtreme 08-24-05 9
   RE: Completely changed your mind? dragonflies 08-25-05 10
       RE: Completely changed your mind? Breezy 08-25-05 11
           RE: Completely changed your mind? Wacko Jacko 08-25-05 12
               RE: Completely changed your mind? leianawd 08-25-05 13
 RE: Completely changed your mind? queenbee 08-29-05 14
   RE: Completely changed your mind? riverrocker 08-29-05 15
 RE: Completely changed your mind? olnrerunqueen 08-29-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vonvon 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-24-05, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vonvon Click to send private message to vonvon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
Unchanged:Have liked JD from the beginning and like him even more now.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
Unchanged- JD, Mig, Marty. Loved them all from the beginning. Deanna- Never really liked her.

Getting Better- Suzie. She is very talented.

Going down- Jordis. Was never in the "she's awesome" camp. I've liked fewer of her performances then I've disliked.

Nose dive- Ty. Loved him the first week, but he sank quickly to my least favorite. I think the tongue did him in for good with me. ICK.

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-24-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
Loved JD from the beginning, even more now. \

Like MIG More.

Kinda liked Jordis. I though she was kinda cool, but week by week she's knocked down a notch, and last night she hit rock bottom.

Never really like any of the rest.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
JD has always been the one I've waited to see and I still feel that way. He is my #1 choice to win.

I have always liked MiG. He is adorable. But he's more Teen Idol than Rock Star to me. And I don't think he can get past this because he is too nice and scared of doing something that might offend the fans that are voting for him.

I always liked Suzie and I think she is growing on me. I now think she is the best fit if the band was going to pick a female.

Deanna is someone I tend to forget about. I thought she had a great voice when I first heard her. She has that husky growl in her voice. But she hasn't really improved or changed in my opinion. So again I forget about her.

Marty has gone down in my opinion. I thought he was talented at first. But now I am just bored with him. He seems to do the same act week to week. I would get bored if I had to listen to an entire concert of him. If INXS praises him that is all he seems to hear. He doesn't seem to listen to the advice they give him. He won't change out of his comfort zone and I think that is why he will be sent home.

TY is getting on my nerves. I started out really liking this guy. Now I just want him to hear "You are not right for our band INXS". I think I liked Ty better in small doses. Too much Ty is over the top and annoying. It is like his head is getting bigger every week and all I see is teeth and tongue. I want him to go somewhere else and sing his Stop/Go and do his stage thing. He is not a Rock Star.

I never was on the Jordis love train but I thought she was talented. Now I am even doubting that. She has had more performances I didn't like, than ones I did. I think she became a little Diva with all the praise she got at first. And now she can't live up to that standard every week. And she is starting to crack. The best thing that could happen would be to have her be in the bottom 3.

me144 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail me144 Click to send private message to me144 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
Mig - went up quickly and now my favorite

Marty - unchanged - loved him from his first performance

JD - unchanged - hated him from his first cr*tch grabbing performance; well maybe hate him more now because of his personality

Suzie - up - really come to appreciate her voice, but not a performer

Deanna - unchanged - middle of the pack

Jordis - went way up and now coming down - loved her like most; still hoping we'll see more great perforances

Ty - up - like watching him perform

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-24-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
Strangely enough, reading the blogs of the rockstars has influenced my opinion. As for last night, I missed most of the show, so I will have to be surprised with the audience when bottom 3 is announced. I think Suzie does better than the audience gives her credit for, I just don't think she has the fan base. I did see Jordis' performance, and it was not one of her better ones.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
MiG: Raised up IMO as the weeks have progressed. He is the winner. Piano playing is a fantastic skill to bring to the table. Liked his song last night

Marty: Raised up each week, love him, but I don't think his style is right for INXS.

Ty: Didn't like him at first, liking him more and more. He has versalitity, song writing/producing skills, just needs to get rid of the mohawk. He could give MiG a run.

Jordis: Liked her from the beginning. Last night she hit bottom, but still like her, but not for INXS

JD: Loved him at first, like him less and less each week, don't like his voice, seems affected, but he is really nice eye candy.

Suzie: She is ok. Like her a little more than I used to, but she will go in the next 2 weeks.

Deanna: She has a sexy sort of voice, but I don't really think she is right for INXS. Last night was a very good performance. Think she will go soon too.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-24-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-05 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

Ty changed my opinion of him when he finished in the bottom three and then was asked to perform an INXs song (Kick). He performed it so well. Actually he is the only one that performed an INXs song well enough to deserve consideration as Michael's replacement.

My opinion of Marty has gone down each week. His comfort zone of grungy type songs is getting old. The guy has no clue about what INXs stands for. He should be picking INXs type songs not songs he feels most comfortable singing....and if it's grunge that the guy wants to sing....go find another band. This is not Rock Star: Nirvana.

Iam_Xtreme 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-24-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iam_Xtreme Click to send private message to Iam_Xtreme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
Mig - I have always liked him and the way he sings! He has moved up to my prediction for the Winner! I can see him fitting in with INXS.

Marty - I love his style and performances! At one time I thought he would win but I can see now that he is not right for INXS.

Jordis - I do not care for Jordis. She does have talent but she needs to stay in her comfort zone as she killed Dream On! I think she would do well with her own band but she is not right for INXS.

TY - I have never liked TY with the exception of his performance - No Woman, No Cry. He just does not fit INXS.

JD - He has moved down for me because I cannot stand his ego! He seems to pay attention to what the band tells him but he does not work well with others. I do not see him as eye candy like others do nor do I see him being announced as the winner in the end.

Suzie - She has moved up I like her and think that she is talented. I do not think that INXS will select a female in the end but if they did I think that she would be it.

Deanna - I like her voice and think that she would do well singing in bars but she is not suited for INXS. I think she will be leaving soon.

Signature Created By: tribephyl

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
Ok, so I changed my mind again. After hearing Marty SING "Don't Change" I believe he could be the lead singer for INXS.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
After watching Marty last night I want to see all the remaining contestants do an INXS song. We could pick the winner in two weeks, tops.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-25-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
Yes, my opinion of Marty changed again. He's back in the running.

Maybe that is why the don't have anyone but the bottom three sing INXs. Because we would know who would win much faster.

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-25-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
Personally, I think J.D. is one of the best on the show. He has alot of talent and his stage presence rocks. I have also been a fan of Marty as well especially his stage performances and that freaky composer thing he does (I completely agree with Navarro on that). Jordis used to be among my favorites but the appeal for her seems to be wearing off, I really think after she performed "The Man Who Sold the World" its gone down hill for her. The rest of the people left are just average for me.

Aside the competition I think that they all have alot of talent to offer and are unique and great in their own ways. I think that this is the first musical talent show that has actually had nothing but talent on it. These people have already won in my opinion because they have gotten the exposure I really wouldn't be surprised if I saw them with their own cds after this.

As for who is best for INXS I would have to say J.D. but in all honesty I think these people should go out and make it on their own. It is nothing against INXS at all it will just be hard to fill in the shoes of their previous lead singer.

queenbee 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-29-05, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail queenbee Click to send private message to queenbee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-05 AT 02:19 AM (EST)

Even though Jordis messed up last week, I still think she's great. I just can't see a woman fronting this band. And that's hard for me to admit being a woman myself.

I really want to like Ty, but I can't. He's not right for INXS.

Marty singing Don't Change was unbelievable. In my opinion, after that performance, I would be perfectly happy to see him win.

But my real favorite is Mig. I think he's the perfect fit for this band. Very talented -- singing, rocking, song writing, piano playing -- Plus, he's cute, sweet and he is even Australian. He's gotta be the one.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-29-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
Jordis was my fav at first; but I don't see her w/the band. She's good and deserves her own 'stardom.'

Ty has fallen out of favor w/me. I can't stand it when he sticks his tongue out in the middle of a song!

Never was a fan of J.D.'s; still am not.

First thought Marty was pretty cool--but have gotten tired of the grunge routine. I think he has lots of talent, but don't see him w/INXS.

Suzie has gained in my books a bit---but again, not right for this band. Too bad the 'house band' isn't looking for a lead singer!

My pick is Mig. Period. Love everything about him...and his being an Aussie helps keep the 'flavor' of the band, even if they change to a more 'modern' sound! Hope, hope, hope!!

olnrerunqueen 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-29-05, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olnrerunqueen Click to send private message to olnrerunqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Completely changed your mind?"
Okay, so I must confess I'm one of those freak geeks who really enjoys cover tunes. I've got cover versions of songs that sound better than the original artist. I'm also an INXS fan. I'll admit I haven't listened to them in a while, as there has been quite a lot of good music put out since Michael's death. But after catching the show in Week 2 or so, I pulled out the CDs and (gasp) vinyl and have added them back into the rotation.

That said, this show is like heroin for an addict. A total love/hate relationship.

All along I've based my likes upon two factors, their voice/style and whether I thought their personality would fit with INXS. For the most part, my opinions haven't changed. My initial likes were Marty, Jordis and JD, and mostly based upon talent. I somewhat liked MiG, but his ears freaked me out (be honest, they look gargantuan with his current hair cut. As the weeks progressed and we see more of the EPMB editing of their "personalities" and we see more and more performances, I find my opinions pretty close to the same, but for different reasons.

Here is my ever so humble opinions:

Marty - He has always been on my radar as a potential winner. He's a little older and more mature than some of the other contestants, and seems to have decent family ties. He seems intellegent, well spoken, and seems to get along with everyone in the house. Talent wise, I think he has good potential to bring INXS into the current music scene, I was just awaiting him to sing an INXS song to see his interpretation. With Don't Change as one of my favorite songs, I was expecting to be critical of his performance last week, but was pleasantly surprised. If I were to make a CD of all the cover versions that have been sung so far this year, Marty would have the most songs.

MiG - My subconcious has now blocked his ears from my mind. I just don't see them However, his version of Lola made me take more notice. Personality he can certainly fit in with any cultural issues, is more mature and gave up much more than the others for this chance. Talent wise he is there, he can easily handle the ballads and rock out the rest. Lola and Baby would be on my cover CD.

Jordis - This pains me. I've liked Jordis as a voice for some time. I've never thought she was good for the band. Her stage presence is far to mellow and different. Her "upbeat" performances have been her worst. However, I've probably reset the Tivo and watched Man Who Fell to Earth a dozen times since it aired. She has struggled recently, and I think personality wise, she is well liked, but she will hear the words "we don't think you are right for INXS". will she still have success? Definitely.

Suzie - The only thing I remember about Suzie prior to the recent editing blitzkreig was that she seemed to have a laid back, likeable, easy going attitude. Oh, and that she probably had the best voice of them all. Every week she nailed the INXS song when in the bottom three. I think EPMB wants us to believe she could possibly be "the girl" that "could" be lead singer. I just don't see it happening. The band has been the boys FOREVER. The vibe is the boys. Nothing wrong with that at all. Her future is definitely bright (and no I won't comment about wearing shades).

JD - I have liked JD's talent from the start, but have always had issues with his personality. I'm a pretty easy going type of person, and he would annoy the SH%# out of me if I had to spend any large amount of time with him. Granted, this is selective editing and we know who is in charge of that, but he has continually proven himself to be an A$$. Talent wise, I would buy his version of California Dreaming in a minute. But he has failed quite a few times, including that Queen debacle.

Ty - Never liked him. I can't put my finger on it. He seems entirely too theatrical. Initially I thought both he and MiG were, but MiG seems to "perform" less and show real emotion. Ty's facial expressions always seem pained and staged. Talent wise he can sing. But he's just so A$$ kissey that it overshadows any talent. He.almost.cried. during the elimination round when asked how he liked singing and INXS song. Not a good "scripted moment" dude. He did gain bonus points playing Tina last week, but for some reason I just kept picturing a drag queen who forgot her wig. (ouch - i know, bashers).

That said, I still see it boiling down to MiG, Marty and JD. The band has watched the footage of everyone living together and the true personalities. EPMB knows who INXS would want to be on the road with, work in the studio with, write with, etc. Yes it's a talet show. But if you had three candidates for a co worker you travel 50% of your time with, wouldn't you choose one you could have a decent conversation with, and one with similar interests. INXS are in their mid to late 40s at least. I know who I'd eliminate. . .

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •