The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Preggers? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-10-10, 04:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Preggers? "
Is the “star”/abstinence spokeswoman preggers? Discuss.

Sept. 16

Oct. 6

Side by side comparisons from August ‘08 when 5 months(?) pregnant and in recent weeks:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13363533@N03/5011104273/in/photostream/

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37361020@N07/5065109268/in/photostream/

Bouquet by c2p

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Preggers? Round Robin 10-11-10 1
   RE: Preggers? Karchita 10-12-10 2
       RE: Preggers? Round Robin 10-12-10 3
 RE: Preggers? samboohoo 10-13-10 4
   Oh yea jbug 10-13-10 5
   RE: Preggers? qwertypie 10-13-10 6
       RE: Preggers? Nume 10-13-10 7
   RE: Preggers? Lorr 11-25-10 20
 RE: Preggers? Tahj 10-14-10 8
   RE: Preggers? Nume 10-14-10 9
       RE: Preggers? Tahj 10-15-10 12
           RE: Preggers? Nume 10-15-10 14
               RE: Preggers? Snidget 10-15-10 15
               RE: Preggers? Estee 10-15-10 16
   The case-in-point. Estee 10-14-10 10
   RE: Preggers? samboohoo 10-15-10 11
       RE: Preggers? Tahj 10-15-10 13
 update Karchita 11-24-10 17
   RE: update Sagebrush Dan 11-24-10 18
   RE: update HobbsofMI 11-25-10 19
       RE: update qwertypie 11-26-10 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-11-10, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Preggers? "
Let's put it this way: It sure as hell ain't impossible. I have noticed that she looks a little thick around the middle on DWTS, and whether that's old baby weight from '08 that she never got rid of, or whether she's got another bun in the oven, or whether it's new weight gain due to poor diet, I have no idea. But boy would it get the tongues wagging if it was a new pregnancy!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-12-10, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Preggers? "
But she lost weight after the 08 baby and was looking much slimmer than she is now.

This is weight she has put on in the last few months.

Bouquet by c2p

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-12-10, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Preggers? "
After watching her on the show tonight, I don't think she's pregnant, but can't 100% say for sure.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-10, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Preggers? "
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-10 AT 08:45 AM (EST)

If I were to guess, I would say she's not.

There are mornings I look in the mirror and think I look like I could be. There is a staffer here who had a baby in June of '09, and there are days she looks pregnant again, but she's not.

When was the whole Levi engagement fiasco - the most recent one? Wasn't that the big talk then? That she was pregnant again, and that was the rush for the engagement?

I think it's more a combination of diet/schedule/outfit choices, etc. And yes, I realize that most people lose a lot of weight on the show, that the dancing should make her lose a lot of weight. I could say the same thing about training the last six months for my triathlon and netting a 2 pound loss. I think her diet/schedule play a big factor.

I really don't have a problem with Bristol. Do I think she's a star? No. But there have been several participants on DWTS over the course of its run, who I would also not consider stars: any of the Bachelor series people and Erin Andrews all come to mind immediately. I honestly think Bristol becomes a bigger presence because of all of the negative attention more than anything else.

I certainly don't think she chose or had any control over her introduction into the spotlight, and that's sad. Honestly I don't agree with any politician subjecting their children to that kind of life. I don't think it's fair. But that's just me.

Regarding her role as a spokesperson, I don't have a problem with that either. I see her as someone who has made mistakes and who I hope will continue to learn from her mistakes. I've been in Bristol's shoes on more than one occasion in my life. I recall specifically saying I wouldn't have sex until I was married. Didn't happen. Having gone through my own pregnancy and delivery, I can absolutely appreciate her position on abortion. I also know what it's like to be that age and love someone so much and so blindly. And I think that combined with Levi being her child's father certainly contributes to decisions she made regarding him. I think given all of what she's been through, she's handled herself fairly well.

Lastly about her role as a spokesperson, in spite of her previous stance on abstinence, and her actions, I would much rather see her try to make a difference in preventing a pregnancy vs. terminating one. And if I had a daughter, I would much rather her see that as well.

ETA: I asked this somewhere else, but I think it was after discussion had really ended on the thread, and it relates indirectly.

Has Mark Ballas always been so touchy/feely with his partners? There are times when I look at Bristol and think she's so uncomfortable.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-10, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Oh yea"
I heart Boo.
You said everything I've been thinking.

Agman says my new glasses make me look sexy!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-10, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Preggers? "
I seem to recall he was getting friendly with another of his partners and not getting the 'back off' vibes she was throwing off.

Nume 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-13-10, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Preggers? "
Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I thought he was kind of doing that intentionally to help her push her boundaries, since she's so completely not used to any of this or comfortable with it.

Lorr 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-25-10, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lorr Click to send private message to Lorr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Preggers? "
I disagree on some points:

Miss Palin may not have had a choice in her introduction to the spotlight, but she has certainly embraced it. She stated in an interview she would like to continue in TV after the show. In addition there have been threads stating she is looking to get her son into the modeling business.

I think the message she is sending to 13, 14, 15 and 16 year old young girls is misleading. They see a single young mom living in her own apartment answering to no one, going on the Today Show, giving interviews, Photographed for magazine covers and a participant in DWTS. It is said that 75% of single moms end up on welfare within 5 years of giving birth. That is their world, not giving interviews, appearing on TV and magazine covers.

Miss Palin's and her mother need to acknowledge that if people disagree with your opinion or do not like your show, or feel you did not deserve to be in the final three, does not make them haters. They are just individuals with a different point of view. A footnote to her partner - he said if this was the Olympics they would have been on the podium with the other two; if this were the Olympics you would not have been in the final three.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-10, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Preggers? "
I would say no only because I can't imagine anyone being pregnant and still training so rigorously for the dance competition.

I actually like what I've seen of her on the show. She really is pretty down to earth and she has great legs.

What I don't like about her being a spokesperson is that abstinence is simply unrealistic. I don't know for sure if she is including safe sex practices in her speeches as in.."If you can't be abstinent, please be careful and safe about your choices..." Plus, does she claim that she herself now maintains abstinence?

It's a Tribe!

10-14-10, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Preggers? "
Lol how is it not realistic? Dont want to turn this into a discussion on abstinence but believe me, there are plenty of people in todays world that still do stay abstinent until marriage. Saying its not realistic is just silly.

10-15-10, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Preggers? "
It's not realistic because from what I've read statistically, most teens are not abstinent. I'm not saying there aren't people who are abstinent. It only takes a moment to become non-abstinent, even with the best of intentions. I'm not against abstinence, by any means. I think it's better if teens don't engage in sex until they are at least 18 because of a general lack of maturity and responsibility. I think it would be a more effective message to say be prepared, have options to prevent stds and pregnancy.

It's a Tribe!

10-15-10, 06:27 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Preggers? "
To say its not realistic is like saying it cant realistically happen. I agree that its not an easy thing, and that there are more people who dont stay abstinent than those that do. But it IS a realistic choice that people do make, so to call it unrealistic is just disrespectful to those who do choose to stay that way. Also I think part of the reason why its so uncommon now is because of all the public institutions saying "You can stay abstinent, but if you want to have sex here's some free condoms". Its a weak position which basically encourages kids to have sex. But anyways... enough on this, just please dont say its not a realistic position because I know people personally who choose to live that way.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Preggers? "
I don't think anyone is saying no one ever makes that choice, just that it isn't one that most people will make.

Even back in the day when there wasn't available birth control and a very strong social pressure to not have a kid out of wedlock many couples did not wait for their wedding night.

There is a reason my Mom grew up with the saying "an eager maid can do in 6 months what takes a cow or a matron nine". Now I think more couples waited until they were likely to get married (or ended up getting married anyway), but there used to be a heck of a lot of 7-8 pound "preemies".

Do people wait, sure, but assuming that a lecture in a classroom is all it will take to make all people stop having all premarital sex, I dunno how well that will work (even if a lot of the programs try to make birth control sound too unreliable to work and too risky to even try).

So far the data of trying to keep kids out of each others pants doesn't seem to do much other than delay things a few months and/or make them less likely to use birth control when they do.

That being said, there are good reasons to be abstinent and I firmly believe it should be one of the options discussed in depth in any sex education course. After all 100% is still different from 99%, when assessing risk.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Preggers? "
No, 'unrealistic' is saying 'This is the only solution which can work for every individual every time, so it's the only one we'll ever teach while pretending nothing else exists.' Oh, and 'unrealistic' is also pretending teens don't encourage themselves to have sex regardless of what anyone else is saying. But since that's the position Bristol's backers are going with, 'unrealistic' is the lone answer you're ever going to get.

Brought to you by the party which just had a representative declare that masturbation equals adultery. I'm still trying to figure out how that works for singles. Presumably jail time is involved somewhere. And violation-catching cameras. Lots and lots of cameras.

Wonder who gets to review the footage.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled season, which I'm still not watching. (Public voting on that is not encouraged.)

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-10, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "The case-in-point."
Those who can't do, teach.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-10, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Preggers? "
I agree with you about how she is on the show. And she does have great legs. I am like the judges and keep wanting her to break out so that we can see what she can really do. She is too stiff from nerves. That is another reason I asked the question about Mark. I'm not sure of their comfort level yet.

I've not heard any of her speeches, so I don't know what she says about her current position (no pun intended). I'm torn on whether or not it is realistic. I can absolutely see someone having a terrible experience and not having sex again for a very long time. What I do like about her is what she can bring to it from her personal experience. IMO, she represents so much of what teenaged girls really are: naive, inexperienced and really not ready for what a sexual relationship can bring into your life. I would hope that she would encourage safety and protection.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

10-15-10, 12:33 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Preggers? "
What I do like about her is what she can bring to it from her personal experience. IMO, she represents so much of what teenaged girls really are: naive, inexperienced and really not ready for what a sexual relationship can bring into your life. I would hope that she would encourage safety and protection.

I agree. She knows first-hand how easy it is to have it happen. That's why I, too, hope she is speaking to that issue specifically along with her message on abstinence.

It's a Tribe!

11-24-10, 09:11 PM (EST)
17. "update"
Ok, I have been on the fence on the preggers question, but this is hard to deny. This is a photo from this morning. She's bigger than ever when not dressed by the DWTS costumers in industrial-strength spandex.

http://theview.abc.go.com/photos/dancing-stars-finalists-visit-view

Bouquet by c2p

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-10, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: update"
I noticed there was a bit more to her than there was on the first show when they showed a recrap of her performances.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-10, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: update"
Not only does she have a bump but her face is so much bigger but then again I heard she put in less than 1/2 the time as the others did so who knows. ET did a story on who lost the most weight, I think Kyle was at 15 lbs and he was still eating pizza most days. We shall see.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig Snidget and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-10, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: update"
Yeah, if she is not preggers, then she should definitely see a doctor. That type of weight gain is not normal. Maybe she is on coritsone.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •