The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dancing With The Stars #6 Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-14-08, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dancing With The Stars #6 Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Please keep all sigpic-free discussion of the sweating, gasping, hip-movement-timed comments received from the judges' table on this thread until the West Coast gets to see if someone, anyone can get Carrie-Ann back on her meds. Thank you.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Drink of the Nnight whimsey 04-14-08 1
 Mario and Karina whimsey 04-14-08 2
   RE: Mario and Karina whimsey 04-14-08 4
 Mario and Karina vince3 04-14-08 3
   RE: Mario and Karina whimsey 04-14-08 5
       RE: Mario and Karina vince3 04-14-08 7
   RE: Mario and Karina Snidget 04-14-08 16
 Priscilla and Louis vince3 04-14-08 6
   RE: Priscilla and Louis whimsey 04-14-08 8
   RE: Priscilla and Louis Snidget 04-14-08 18
       RE: Priscilla and Louis qwertypie 04-14-08 30
 Marissa and Tony vince3 04-14-08 9
   RE: Marissa and Tony whimsey 04-14-08 10
       RE: Marissa and Tony Snidget 04-14-08 22
 Cristian and Cheryl vince3 04-14-08 11
   RE: Cristian and Cheryl whimsey 04-14-08 12
   RE: Cristian and Cheryl Snidget 04-14-08 26
       RE: Cristian and Cheryl vince3 04-14-08 28
 Marlee and Fabian vince3 04-14-08 13
   RE: Marlee and Fabian whimsey 04-14-08 14
   RE: Marlee and Fabian observer 04-15-08 31
 RE: Dancing With The Stars #6 Episo... vince3 04-14-08 15
   Kristi and Mark whimsey 04-14-08 17
       RE: Kristi and Mark mindy23 04-15-08 33
           RE: Kristi and Mark Karchita 04-15-08 37
 Shannon and Derek vince3 04-14-08 19
   RE: Shannon and Derek whimsey 04-14-08 20
       RE: Shannon and Derek vince3 04-14-08 24
   RE: Shannon and Derek observer 04-15-08 32
       RE: Shannon and Derek mindy23 04-15-08 34
           RE: Shannon and Derek qwertypie 04-15-08 35
               RE: Shannon and Derek MKitty 04-15-08 36
 Jason and Edyta vince3 04-14-08 21
   RE: Jason and Edyta whimsey 04-14-08 23
 Thanks to Vince.... whimsey 04-14-08 25
   RE: Thanks to Vince.... taffnic 04-14-08 27
       RE: Thanks to Vince.... qwertypie 04-14-08 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

whimsey 4402 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-14-08, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Drink of the Nnight"
The dances tonight are samba and rumba, so we'll have....

Drink of the night

Sangria - ore specifically, red sangria!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-14-08, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Mario and Karina"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-08 AT 08:10 PM (EST)

Mario feels deflated and goes to his hero, Stevie Wonder.

Dancing a samba to "A Tisket A Tasket" to a Latin beat.

04-14-08, 08:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Mario and Karina"
Karina wears a barely there, showgirl canary yellow construction.

Lynn - liked it but...

Bruno - to Karina - if your hips could talk we'd be censored now!

Carrie Ann - Mario go with that...."points to his smile"

Lynn - 9 ~ Carie Ann - 9 ~ Bruno 9

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-08, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Mario and Karina"
They're now taking it one week at a time...... they went to see Stevie Wonder at his radio show for inspiration. In the practice there was something that looked like it could be interpreted as a lift, be careful.....

Dancing the Samba to "A Tisket, A Tasket" Ow.

I think the yellow basket that the singer's looking for is on Karina's ruffled rump.......

Len makes fun of Karina's nickname for Mario, but he says it's his best dance so far, but he's gotta continue to work on the footwork

Bruno thinks that Mario's hips talking would get them censored.

Carrie also loved it. (They talk too fast sometimes.....)

Scores: 9~9~9 for a total of 27 (their best score to date....)

04-14-08, 08:16 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Mario and Karina"
I think the yellow basket that the singer's looking for is on Karina's ruffled rump.......

lol - vince!

How about a glass of sangria?

04-14-08, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Mario and Karina"
I think I might need a couple after this show if the song choices keep up....... they currently are 2 for 2 on "svck"

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-08, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Mario and Karina"
She obviously kept looking for the basket in the spray tan booth.

04-14-08, 08:24 PM (EST)
6. "Priscilla and Louis"
Mainly due to a lift penalty last week they were the first official survivors of the Bottom 2. Pricilla doesn't care too much for Louis's teaching techniques this week. They're looking for a comeback week.

Dancing the Rumba to "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"

Question: I thought Latin dances were supposed to be fast paced?

Bruno think they pushed the technique too far and missed.

Carrie thought it lacked emotion, spontaneousness.........

Len was thoroughly disappointed as well.

Scores: 7~7~7 for a total of 21 (not bad, but not too good either.....)

04-14-08, 08:27 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Priscilla and Louis"
That was a touch too slow IMO, seemed to drag. Priscilla did a full split and that crazy leg lift-fall back thing that scares me.

Not their best. Priscilla's limitations are beginning to show.

04-14-08, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Priscilla and Louis"
The Rumba tends to be slower than the other latin dances, but this was dirge paced.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-08, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Priscilla and Louis"
If she had technique -- it would not have seemed so dirge like.

That was painful. Really painful. REally, really, really painful. I need a Sangria.

I wonder if all the plastic surgery/botox is affecting her ability to move. Seriously.

04-14-08, 08:33 PM (EST)
9. "Marissa and Tony"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-08 AT 08:37 PM (EST)

Tony figures that whatever Marissa's doing to get herself into character this week, it's working...... In practice she was wearing a Showgirl/Carnivale headpiece that was very.... plumy.

Dancing the Samba to "Shake Your Tambourine"

(Crowd goes wild for the dance!)

Carrie's head is still rattling and declares it their best routine so far, but they were slightly off of the music at the start.

Len says that there was more bounce for the ounce in that routine.

Bruno thought there were more shakes than a cocktail bar in that dance, but agrees that they were slightly off at the beginning....

Scores: 8~8~8 for a total of 24

04-14-08, 08:35 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Marissa and Tony"
Loved it. The music was great, the performance was super charged. Even Marissa's outfit worked.

04-14-08, 09:33 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Marissa and Tony"
Yep, they finally put her in an outfit that worked with her body.

04-14-08, 08:44 PM (EST)
11. "Cristian and Cheryl"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-08 AT 08:49 PM (EST)

They scored last week their highest scores to date. He figures his Latin blood is finally making an appearance. The romance parts of the Rumba is becoming difficult because they think of each other as brother and sister (cut to a subtitled movie short involving the two of them that Cheryl snaps Cristian out of to learn the dance....)

Dancing the Rumba to *takes massive drink* I dunno.

Len: ehh, it was competent.

Bruno says that it was a good performance, but the walks expose his dancing shortcomings.....

Carrie (after rubbing against Len) thought the chemistry wasn't completely there this week.... he needs to learn to sustain their movements.

Scores: 7~8~8 for a total of 23.....

04-14-08, 08:50 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Cristian and Cheryl"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-08 AT 08:55 PM (EST)

Nice, but not as down-and-dirty and I expected. I have no idea what song that was either.

04-14-08, 09:41 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Cristian and Cheryl"
Behold the magic of google

Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One

04-14-08, 09:47 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Cristian and Cheryl"
I thought I heard it once or twice on my radio station, but I couldn't place it.......

04-14-08, 08:57 PM (EST)
13. "Marlee and Fabian"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-08 AT 08:58 PM (EST)

Fabian added some last minute glitter to Marlee's back. She hopes to inspire deaf children this week. They traveled to Guadalajara, Mexico for an event for giving hearing aids to deaf children. Since the Samba's the faster paced and more rhythm based dance, the difficulty factor is upped..... *gulp*

Dancing the Samba to what basically is a generic Samba song.....

Looked like most of the time they were apart, either she was standing still until he got there, or she shook her body until he arrived..........

Bruno said that the timing was off at times

Carrie was also concerned because she had a couple of slips during the performance and was glad that she didn't give up.

Len reiterated that the Samba is the most difficult of the Latin dances because of the changes of beats during the dance.

Scores: 7~7~8 for a total of 22

04-14-08, 09:01 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Marlee and Fabian"
Marlee amazes me every time. She is fabulous. But I still hate the gimmick of having her there. I like her and Fabian together. That could have been a great dance, but like Priscilla, Marlee has her limitations.

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-15-08, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Marlee and Fabian"
I noticed that Marlee slipped once. I thought she danced to the beat. I noticed that Marlee walked over her partner instead of dancing over him, when her partner was laying on the ground.

04-14-08, 09:08 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Dancing With The Stars #6 Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-08 AT 09:10 PM (EST)

ETA: Subject should be Kristi and Mark

Kristi's feeling the pressure of the 10s from last week. She's also feels uncomfortable because she's a mother of 2 and is a little uncomfortable about dancing a romantic dance and having it work. So, she diecides to have them be alternate personalities this week. Then the hubby and 2 little girls show up for a visit.

Dancing the Rumba to "Say What You Need to Say"

Carrie commends Kristi with her emotion this week, but they gave up some movements for it.....

Len says that it was fab-ul-ous

Bruno says that she's Kristi Yummy-liscious tonight, stupendous.

Scores: 9~10~10 for another 29 and their first 10 out of Len!

04-14-08, 09:15 PM (EST)
17. "Kristi and Mark"
That was quite lovely. Kristi was certainly more into the performance this time. You are right, they definitely could have been more choreography. Good score.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-15-08, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Kristi and Mark"
I have to say, THAT performance took my breath away! And I don't remember too many in the past doing that.
These two definitely have chemistry, rhythm, ability, and charisma, and a grand precision to bring this entire thing to the winner's circle! IMHO, of course.

I see so much competitor in Krisy-as in most of the athletes before her, but the skater in her, as in Apollo, seems to have that 'cutting edge' (no pun intended), that some of the others just haven't gotten. There must be a defining skill needed on the ice that say the football players and even the boxers haven't necessarily needed or have honed in on. I don't know. Just an observation, because I know diddly about sports.

I just had to say that her performance last night was just A-MA-ZING! I think I may be quoting old Yellow (Len), but I don't care. It was one of the best EVER, in my opinion!! She is beautiful, and Mark is graceful when needed, sexy when needed, and just an excellent dancer at ALL times! He got slighted last year, so I hope he can get his dues this time!!

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-08, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Kristi and Mark"
I think there is clearly a lot of overlap in the skill sets needed in figure skating and ballroom dancing. But Apollo is a speed skater, and that wouldn't be any special help, other than for any sport, like football, tennis, etc.

However, anyone who reaches the elite level of atheletics obviously is physically gifted, in shape, coachable, hardworking, goal oriented, and competitive. All of those things help tremendously in DWTS.

04-14-08, 09:23 PM (EST)
19. "Shannon and Derek"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-08 AT 07:44 AM (EST)

Poor Derek, first a neck injury, and now he was in the hospital earlier today due to food poisoning......

Shannon's worried about the hip shaking part because she doesn't have much hips to shake...... their friendship has bloomed in recent weeks which has helped them....

Dancing the Samba to "Hey, Mr. DJ" (which I think was sung earlier this season....) this time to a Latin-style beat.

Len thought it didn't have any impact. (Shanon's panting again.....)

Bruno wanted her to shake her "maracas"

Carrie says that even though some parts were awkward her enthusiasm was still there and she needs to continue with that while working on the other parts.....

Tom asks if there's a way to remove spray on tan from his suit? (From Shannon leaning on him and panting completely over him....)

Scores 8~8~7 for a total of 23

ETA: "Sharon?" I think I watched/looked at too much BB this year......

04-14-08, 09:28 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Shannon and Derek"
Thought the song was "Pon De Replay" Rhianna, oh well...theer's the old fart in me again.

Appears Derek is a fragile as he looks. But to be fair, Mark had the same trouble last season, right? Injuries and such.

The performance deserved a better score, IMO.

04-14-08, 09:38 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Shannon and Derek"
*shrug*

I dunno. I don't listen to the new music stations when I listen to the radio........

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-15-08, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Shannon and Derek"
There was a lot of hip action from Derek. There was none at all that I could see from Shannon.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-15-08, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Shannon and Derek"
Actually, from the way the judges were critiquing, and criticizing, I thought they'd be given 6's or some such. I was suprised they were in the 8 category!

I didn't think it was all that bad, myself! I mean, what do you do if you don't have hips?? I guess it's hard for them to judge her if she 's dancing like a guy, huh? I dunno.....What do I know, right???

Anyway, I think she's really cute, and deserves to stay!
And I'm wondering if Jonathan is getting hit with the 'wrath of the curse of the DWTS'??? Anyone???

04-15-08, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Shannon and Derek"
Or maybe Jonathan is trying to do Derek in...... HMMMMMMM.

Anyway, I like Shannon, I was surprised how stiff she was -- like Barbie Doll stiff. You can still shake it if you are not hippy (it helps if you concentrate on bending and straightening the knees rather than moving the hips)

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-15-08, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Shannon and Derek"
I agree...I found her stiff last night. I think Derek is absolutely terrific, and I have really like Shannon as well, but last night she did seem stiff.

04-14-08, 09:32 PM (EST)
21. "Jason and Edyta"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-08 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

They want to go higher like 30 or 35! (uh, they're limited to 10s max......)

Dancing the Rumba to "You're All I Need"

Bruno proclaimed him a Love God during that dance

Carrie says that they got the most insane chemistry but when the arms are down they don't know what they're doing....

Len doesn't like the poses......

Scores: (gotta wrap it up guys!) 9~9~9 for a total of 27 (29 in his math....)

Oh gawds, it'll be the return of the group dance! The first group dance will be Country-themed.... save us.....

04-14-08, 09:35 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Jason and Edyta"
woo hoo ... Jason's wearing Cameron's cafe caramel pants!!!!

Can't remember much else.

04-14-08, 09:39 PM (EST)
25. "Thanks to Vince...."
for hosting tonight. Great job on a tough performance night.

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-08, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Thanks to Vince...."
Yes, thank you Vince and also for your comments Whimsey. I'm at work tonight and unable to watch TV so I was able to check in here a couple of times for updates. Thank you.

04-14-08, 10:31 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Thanks to Vince...."
Yeah - thanks from this end too! There is still 25 minutes to go for me, just enough time to make sure I have the sangria ready.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •